[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 362 KB, 1000x707, 5777302.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7675348 No.7675348 [Reply] [Original]

I'm listening to promise.mp3 and remember this scene.

Umineko 8 is taking forever to translate.
What's something else that is like Umineko ep5?
Any other VN's that are translated with good tear jerking moments?

I think I might be playing that monster girl game subconsciously hoping that this might happen with Luka and Alice.
I can already see the bernkastel in Ilas(the angel).

>> No.7675382

mean while at witch hunt.....

>> No.7675432

why Arcueid have that dress? why Hisui is dressed like aman? is she sick? Arcueid hurt her? why Arc is listening Hisui belly? who cut Hisui hair, Kohaku? why Arc's legs are made of danmakus?

>> No.7675474

>Any other VN's that are translated with good tear jerking moments?
Yeah, lots. Clannad is the first that comes to mind obviously (and the other translated Key games to a lesser degree). Lots of Higurashi chapters have major tear jerking moments (Meakashi probably the most so) but don't expect it to be like Umineko. Sharin no Kuni and G-Senjou no Maou (the latter only in the epilogue). Romeo's games (Kana, Kazoku Keikaku, Cross Channel) to varying degrees. Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night. Muv Luv Alternative. Really, most great VNs have made me cry. Maybe I just cry easily but I think getting an emotional response out of the reader has been a prominent goal in the medium since the nakige boom of the early 00's (of course also in some games before that).

>> No.7675576

>>7675474
You forgot Planterian.

>> No.7675582

>>7675474
Thanks for the suggestions.

Clannad - That ushiro scene! I have a really high opinion of "Air" .
Higurashi - still worth it if I already watched the anime?

>Sharin no Kuni and G-Senjou no Maou+ Romeo's games (Kana, Kazoku Keikaku, Cross Channel)
I'll try these.

>Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night.
Liked both. Waiting for Mahou.

>> No.7675586

>>7675582
>Higurashi - still worth it if I already watched the anime?
the anime cut most of the VN, so if you liked it, you should.

>> No.7675603

http://vndb.org/g596

>> No.7675684
File: 116 KB, 400x536, 1311900161856.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Symphonic Rain is awesome, though I don't see it enough on /jp/. The Al Fine end and Grand Finale are easily god tier. You'll shit as much bricks as you did in Ever17. It's more of an utsuge over a nakige though. Doesn't change the fact that it's excellent though.

But what I recommend the most if you have time is read the Muv Luv trilogy
Beware that you'll have to wait weeks to recover before you can enjoy any other VN again as you'll need time to take in how overwhelming and how powerful it was.

>> No.7675710

>>7675684
I make a point of mentioning Symphonic Rain any time someone asks for a VN. It's something everyone who's interested in VNs should play.

>> No.7675720
File: 337 KB, 800x800, 1311901270279.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I'm listening to promise.mp3 and remember this scene.

What a coincidence. I just randomly ran into this wonderful song while sorting out my youtube favorites and decided to listen to it as well before I found this thread. I really miss Umineko; it isn't really one of the greatest, but it does have it's moments.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action