[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 388 KB, 630x630, 1304723605991.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7598850 No.7598850 [Reply] [Original]

/jp/ are any of you afraid of working because you view your life as short and anything you dont want to do makes you feel like you wasting your time and it gives you anxiety .. I dont want to work while i can have fun in my short life span.. im afraid of waking up,coming home,eating dinner, and repeat that everyday for the rest of my life, i dont know if i can take it, Im just too far a way from the way normal society works and thinks.. Do you guys think there will be a way to live without the need of work in the future, so humans can live in freedom and use their life span fully? Or is that impossible?

>> No.7598861

Are you really having fun with your life now?

>> No.7598862

Well you'll never feel accomplished if you never work for your earnings. Expecting life to give you the lemons and make the lemonade for you is especially bad.

A little work It isn't that bad.

>> No.7598868

>>7598861
I know not working is impossible in this society , i just dont get it, how can human just waste their life force doing something like work? Why do humans think working is normal when your basically wasting your time, it all goes down to nothing once you die, once you die its fucking over. Why cant humans see this? Do they not understand it all for nothing?

>> No.7598874
File: 32 KB, 340x300, 1310273317099.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Stop trying to have fun, it is not allowed you must:

Finish or drop out of school
Get a job you hate and work 40-70 hours a week or die homeless of exposure
Work this job thanklessly, underappreciated and grossly underpaid.
Allow yourself to be tossed aside as useless when you can't work anymore
Marry or otherwise let women ruin the little time you have to yourself
Grow old and live miserably supposedly "middle-class" settings.
Die alone and poor while your "family" or whoever you're closest to buries you in a plywood box in some country cemetary never to visit you again.

>> No.7598876
File: 277 KB, 1100x800, 1310273426370.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7598888

>>7598868
I mean if we lived for a couple of thousand years( being young that is) i wouldn't see working a waste of time, but we have such weak life spans. In the end it doesn't matter because we are only working for society, not over selves. If all the normal people who noticed this, maybe they would change society, but right now working has always been the normal thing to do, as a man you must waste 80% of your life doing something not fun or relaxing, but most people dont see it in the right way, they dont understand that they are throwing their lives away, fuck dying,once you get even old, its over. How can people just throw thier life away and not do something they dont want to do in their short life span?, i just dont understand it.

>> No.7598886

I used to be scared of a job like that, but since I don't talk to anyone I have lot of time to think. And now instead of lurking /jp/ for hours now I enjoy my touhou and anime more, even if I have less time.

My plan is work hard for a year, save, then live from that money as a neet.

>> No.7598887

I'm afraid of working because I'm afraid of people.
That's all there is to it.

>> No.7598891

>>7598888
and do something*

>> No.7598899

>>7598874
This is also what i mean, how can people put up with that? Why cant normals see it for what it really is? Who started this shit, it terrible, i feel sorry for the normal people today and also the lives of the past that had to live like this. I just dont view it as normal, i dont understand how you can live a whole fucking life like that.

>> No.7598904

I feel the same way, OP. People sell a third of their lives to their job. They sleep another third of their lives. They often take up the last third with providing for a family. It's pretty sad.

>> No.7598905

>>7598888
You're posting on /jp/. No matter from where you see it you aren't doing much better.

>> No.7598914

Was it ever stated why humans only live 80-100 years? Why dont we live longer than that,? why do we get old so fast? Is their any reason behind it? Why cant we live to like 300 without getting old and then get old at say 1000? Is there some sort of science law that explains how life span works?

>> No.7598920

OP, are you fucking high?

Without the shit that people do and put up with everyday, we wouldn't have cars, electricity, oil, conventional stores, food, computers, the fucking internet, the programs in your computers and around the internet (who do you think made them, did they spontaneously exist?), music, art, general education, clothing, modern homes, or even clean water.

You're either really autistic, or really high, OP. Without any of work we have for people to do, we'd be living in the stone ages. The reason why most people in society hate people like you who go out of their way to not be a part of it and leaching off of what many people put lots of pain, sweat, and time into I'm not talking about sex, idiot in their limited lives that they'll never be able to relive again.

It's fulfilling because once you've done it, you know that you've helped make this all possible. Now shut up, get out, and get to work.

>> No.7598929

get out belphe devs

>> No.7598930

>>7598914

Each time a cell copies and splits, the tips of the chromosomes deteriorate. This causes aging. The skin looses its texture, the muscles and nerves move slower and react less effeciently. The brain's chemestry turns into something that shouldn't. The body wears out. You're going to die eventually. We all are.

>> No.7598938

Dude, just work on weekends or something. You're over-thinking this shit

>> No.7598939

>>7598920
I didn't think you were talking about sex. Just how normal is your mind?

>> No.7598948

>>7598914
Cellular decay.

At some point, your body stops producing new cells faster than they decay, so, you start aging, your organs no longer function as well, etc.

>> No.7598949

>>7598920
Except none of these things actually serve to make people happier. They just serve to change things. People are happier for a time when their lives "improve" through these advancements, but they soon become comfortable and will be more miserable than before if you take what you've given away.

Not seeing the value in this sort of life always gets the "THEN GET OFF THE PC YOU SELF-ENTITLED CAVEMAN" argument but the reality is he'd be fine without the computer if he was never introduced to it to begin with.

>> No.7598953

>Existential crisis
I remember when I was 16.

>> No.7598958

>>7598953
Yeah, then you manned the fuck up, grew the fuck up, got a job and a girlfriend, had sex, and now your life has meaning.

>> No.7598966

>>7598914

Telomare deterioration.

http://txtwriter.com/onscience/Articles/agingcancer.html

>The key breakthrough came when researchers succeeded in making cells violate the Hayflick limit -- in essence, they learned how to make human body cells growing in tissue culture immortal. The secret to immortality proved to be a short tag of DNA stuck on the tips of the cell's chromosomes. Called a telomere, this segment of DNA plays a key role in cell division. The telomere provides a place for the cell's DNA-copying machinery to latch onto the chromosome when the time comes each generation for the chromosomal DNA to be copied into daughter chromosomes. However, every time the machinery attaches, the short bit of the telomere where the machinery sits down on the DNA is not itself copied, so the telomere gets a little shorter each time the cell divides.

>The secret to producing cell immortality lay in their realizing that all cells possess a gene, known as the telomerase gene, which can add DNA back to the tip of telomeres, restoring them to their original youthful length. In almost all cells this gene is turned off early in development, rendered permanently inactive in an event that commits that cell to eventual sure death.

Our bodies have the POTENTIAL to be eternally youthful. We need to find a drug that turns the "on" switch to this telomarace restoration gene.

>In the human body, only two kinds of body cells are immortal, able to divide without limit. Cancer cells are one. The other kind of immortal cell is the embryonic stem cell.

This is only because these are the only two who's telmoare restoration gene is still switched "on". We could use it to restore the rest of our bodies.. but this will require funds and more research to do efficiently.

>> No.7598972

Who gives a fuck reported

>> No.7598975

>>7598920
Fact: cavemen were healthier than modern people (for the short time they lived). The problem was that an infectious disease or an injury would cut their lives short. People often say things like "cavemen only lived to an average age of 30", when in their minds they see them dying of old age so young. This wasn't the case.

They even had better teeth than us with no dentists.

>> No.7598967

>>7598958
Nope.
I just don't give a shit.

>> No.7598968

>>7598920
No, i know all that already, Im saying its still a waste of life force going by a individual sense, Why should i waste my life force, who gives a shit about society ,money,etc once you die? you only live for 70-100(if your lucky),but by 60 your already basically already dead,, im fucking 20 already and my fathers already 50, time goes quick. Im being ignorant in a sense of not giving a shit about how we need society to work, im thinking about the individual means of life and how we as humans aren't thinking about it. Will we have to waste 80% of our live force forever? I mean i regret being born now if not, That means im gonna have to waste my life force,knowing im doing it. Normals dont see it, they dont even think of it, but i do, i see the flaw of it all.
>>7598930
what im trying to ask is, why do humans only live this long in the first place? why not 2000, why not 20,0000? what is the rule on life span?

>> No.7598984

>>7598968
The living things that exist today exist because their ancestors bred well. They just need to have sex and have their young live well enough to have sex again. Living forever isn't necessary for that. It wouldn't matter if humans all had a terrible evolutionary defect that caused them to keel over suddenly at a certain age, as long as that age was after any period of fertility.

>> No.7598986

>>7598966
Why the fuck are we not putting all our funding into this? This is retarded on so many levels, Why dont people see and understand just how important life is? Is it because of the whole heaven thing still? That shit is the whole reason our thinking pattern is fucked to begin with. We dont value our life at all, we just watch it flow into nothingness. This should be the most important thing to mankind.

>> No.7598988

>>7598972

What's a fuck reported?

>> No.7598990

>>7598986
What the fuck are you going to do about population when everyone can live forever? Same problem with world hunger. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

>> No.7598993

In this thread: oh no my mother no longer wants to support my freeloading ass, woe is me, life is over.

Work isn't bad if you do something you like with people you like. And while it's hard to convince /jp/ there are likable people out there, most of the people I know and work with, while not partaking in /jp/ hobbies are decent enough to not give a fuck what you do in your free time as long as you don't have sex with a 10 year old girl right in front of them.

Stop buying into the 'hurr durr normalfags they judge our hobbies and laugh at us and all they do is go to parties and have sex' retardation and meet some actual people. Most of these impressions come from college and college students are notoriously retarded. A few years past that and people know better than to act like judgmental cunts for the hell of it.

I enjoy what I do for a living, and would want to do it even if I didn't have to. Being paid for it is all that better and I have more than enough time to attend to my /jp/ related hobbies. I don't have a family because I don't care for one, I don't waste my time with women because I'm not interested in them. I don't go to parties because I don't want to and nobody I know judges me for it because they are not retards.

Could be that I live in Europe and America is a cesspool of retards, whores and awful work opportunities like I've heard. In that case, move or something.

>> No.7599000

>>7598993
>>>/b/

>> No.7598998

>>7598990
Easy: keep everyone currently alive alive, turn off breeding. Breeding's for normals. They'll whine about it, but that kind of advancement is much more important than their pathetic need to spit their semen into every hole.

>> No.7599004

>>7598986

Because religious apricots who think we're doing science experiments to kill babies. And our research for eternal life is a sin.

That's why.

>> No.7599005

>>7598993
>if you do something you like
Good luck with that

>> No.7599028

>>7598986

big words from someone who won't even do as much as go outside to contribute to their local convenience store.

Get off your ass and work it off for a bio-chem degree and make this shirt.
If you don't, you're just as much as fault as everyone you're blaming.

>> No.7599029

>>7598993
if you state the opposing argument but add in hurr and durr then it makes them look retarded

genius

>> No.7599030

>>7599004
What did you expect with what Hollywood has been feeding the masses for the past decades?

Announcer: "Once again, SCIENCE has gone too far..."
Scientist:"We have gone too far! Oh Baby Jesus save us!"
Announcer: "Now, it is the job of Muscles McGuns to do what those prissy scientists cannot: SAVE THE WORLD."

Think this through and you will see that the general public IS FUCKING DISSAPOINTED with science.

>> No.7599040

I just want to learn everything then destroy everything so that no new information can be created.

>> No.7599037

>>7598984
But that's a retarded and The normal way of looking at life, living to have sex is just such a terrible way to look at your life, you should put your life first and hold it while you can. I just dont understand why mankind doesn't see that there life is all they have, Is it only me that sees that its all fucked up?
>>7598993
Thats the way humans have always looked at it, thats the way i hate the most. We have to somehow get away from these old ways of thinking or we will be chained to wasting our lifes forever. we must somehow evolve away from the normal animal way of it all.
>>7598990
Thats not the point, I wouldn't care about others, its my life, my fucking life. and if we are able to live forever im sure we could do many other things as well to keep in under control, like space, maybe space is there for the whole reason of us being able to live forever? Space is unlimited, we could start to move into space once earth gets crowed. Its another thing i dont understand why are we so far behind in going into space? why does society pretend its not there? shouldn't one of our biggest goals is to colonize space? shouldn't we be putting like at least half of the earths funds into space and also our life spans? I just dont understand the mankind.

>> No.7599049

I think of such things similar to that. I see that either one time I will stop existing, or I will exist forever. I see first as much more likely, so why do anything? Why do things if one day I will disappear? No point, just a useless life. So I sit, drink, and wait. And such thoughts with my social anxiety, depression, and what not this is all to do. But soon I will see a doctor about all this again. Hopefully they can give me some things to stop having such thoughts and to become a regular idiot.

>> No.7599051

>>7599037
>But that's a retarded and The normal way of looking at life
It's not a view. That's the factual reason behind lifespans being limited. I didn't say it was good or bad.

>> No.7599064

>>7599028
Not the person you replied to, but.

I have an engineering degree, I've been NEET for about a month now since graduating, and I'm absolutely dreading getting a job. When I went to school it was for my own personal interest in the subject. I got to (mostly) take what classes I want, and was more/less my own boss, since attending lectures was rarely mandatory, and the only real requirement was a good grade.

But the idea of getting a job literally makes me feel ill. I will hate every day of my life all I do is get up, spend 8 hours locked in a cubicle working on whatever the current project is, go back to an apartment, eat, shower, and sleep so I can be well rested to do it again the next day. Not that it's even a viable long term plan, since unless you can make it into a management position, a lot of engineers are fired for some bullshit reason around 40-50 so they can hire new college grad, and pay them less for the same job.

>> No.7599065

>>7599049
But thats one of the biggest flaws on how society treats people like you, you are actually thinking in a different way then most, how does normal society not know you are a genius for thinking that way? What im saying is we are working or wasting our life at something that has no meaning, why dont humans see this? Is it normal to just waste your time and not care? I just cant stand it when i see some random person putting away cans in a store, what makes him do it? why would he waste his time doing it? I mean i know he needs it to live because thats how society work now, maybe not in the future, but just how can he live with himself? He wasting his youth, doesn't he see that he wasting his time putting away cans, he only going to get old, then what? what will he do once he gets old? Will he notice he wasted his time while he was young doing nothing but stupid useless things only to keep society rolling?

>> No.7599078

Is there no way to keep society in place with out humans wasting their precious time? Will we ever go be on what we have been doing, "living a normal waste of time life and then die and thats it" that we have been doing without thought forever? And what about all the soul and old people once this chance happens, wont they feel cheated? like they wasted their whole life?

>> No.7599089

>>7599078
There is a way, but humans are not creatures of change so it won't happen unless it needs to.

>> No.7599130

for the immortals:
http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html
for the existentialists:
http://vtheatre.net/script/doc/sartre.html

>> No.7599142

Do humans not value their own life and just live and work the way they do because of society? why do they look down on people not wanting to sell their soul to the demon of society? Dont they see that thier own life is even more important then the future or society? I couldn't care less about it, death is the end and we live in a shitty world of never thinking human who dont think about the important things. They keep to themselves and never think of change but a few. Its the few that made the biggest changes, the problem is we cant change society without a mass part of the world thinking in a different way. Will somebody have to take over the world before we can even change our life spans or go and actually venture into space because we need such a large funding? Is that what is holding us back? Why are we so ignorant when it comes to projects that could change everything? will it not change until religion and god does not matter any more? Why are we stopping our potential because of something we don't even know exists? I feel like we should be doing much bigger things, more than the small stuff we are doing now. I mean why are we even using gas still, its all because the higher ups are sacred of losing their money, thats the same reason with everything, the higher ups ruin the unlucky ones. If they werent so ignorant of funding space, who knows were we could be right now.

>> No.7599145

>>7599064

jobfag / workingfag here

You don't HAVE to routinely live like a robot every weekday, you know. When I work, I talk to my boss every week about when I come into work and what I do the days I come in. I find a schedule where I work one day, take the next off, work the next, take the next day off, and so on- the most satisfying schedule. I'm both busy and laid-back at the same time. I work about a solid 30-hours a week and every other day feels like a weekend. The pay is good, too.
You act like life at work is no life. I actually sometimes prefer being out, the stories some people tell are pretty interesting. And coming back home after a long day's work also feels refreshing, where as staying at home all day feels dull and boring.
Once I do get fired or laid off, I'll be retired anyway- so I'll be making money anyway thanks to the way things work here for the elderly.
Besides, it's healthy for the mind and body. A little bit of stress can get a person thinking. I find myself doing things better and more efficiently on this schedule I have than I do when I'm on vacation after a couple weeks.

>> No.7599158

>>7599142
monetary system on top of democratic system + marketing putting a dollar sign on everything.
Heaven or Hell, interpret it how you will and suffer the consequences of your decisions. Don't worry, both are bad ends.

>> No.7599203

>>7599158
But why dont most people not see that it is lower out potential for great things? I dont understand the normal human mind and why they act and think so simple. Why must they all be ignorant in the system and think that since everybody is doing it, it must be normal? How can something like throwing your life, be normal?

>> No.7599209

>>7598953
>>7598967
This. Except I started at around 13.

>> No.7599249

>>7599209
Why must it be labeled as Existential crisis, when its the truth, aren't people who have the brain to think like that just being label because they are different form the thoughtless and the people who follow the demon of society that commanded them for ages? .Inst running away from the thought of you wasting your life, in fact worse? Shouldn't we be trying to perfect the way humans spend their little time in our life?

>> No.7599261

>>7599249
No, you see, eventually you just accept the fact that life is shit and you can't really change much, so you stop caring. End of the story.

>> No.7599266

I've worked a few different jobs, mainly factory work.

Nothing is quite as soul crushing as seeing your usual day reduced by 50% after being used to constant internet. You come home beat to hell and sweaty and pretty much collapse onto your bed, only to wake up and spend the rest of your time before work dreading having to go back in. The people are obnoxious, the work is a pain, and the money just really isn't worth it.

I quit my last job after the bossguy didn't like me spending my breaks alone in the conference room anymore. Scared the shit out of him when he turned around and saw me sitting there, few weeks later he announced you'd be fired if you went in there anymore. Doesn't bother me much considering the 120F ambient temp in the building and seeing an ambulance every once in a while picking up whatever poor sap got dehydrated or overworked that day.

Why aren't there more jobs where you can be alone

>> No.7599290

>>7599261
But that is the weak way and normal way of looking at it, of course you think of it that way but the only way we will be able to change our ways is to not give in to the eyes of the normal thought. Only true genius can do that, it was said humans cannot and will never fly, two people tried their hardest to not give in. Only geniuses, who are out of the world of the normal way of society and how it works can change the way mankind works. Sadly we aren't getting enough geniuses these days and scientific research/big plans of change with big spending being looked down upon because people in normal society cant see what is really important and cant see the flaws of human life.they think they are living the best they can but they are being cheated.

>> No.7599297

If you don't wanna "waste" your working hours just leave a notebook -for cheaper electric bills- seeding and leeching torrents while you're out.
When you come back home you'll have lots of games, shows and shit to do on your free time.
Really, I'm afraid of working because I'm afraid of being incompetent. And I got this same impression from a lot of posts in this thread.

>> No.7599302

> if I have to do it so should you
> why should my taxes go towards projects that don't benefit me
ad infinitum

>> No.7599307

Hold on my friend, gonna find a way,
We don't have to work, we don't have to pay.

>> No.7599316

You're all going to die.
Time is running out.

>> No.7599333

>>7599290
There are actually more geniuses now, it's just that they aren't being triggered. The potential needs to be recognized by a third party in order for it to be utilized most of the time, and people have just become so detached.

>> No.7599342

>>7599333
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U

>> No.7599349

>>7599333
Yeah man, untriggered genius here. Shit sucks.

>> No.7599354

>>7599333
How the fuck can you know that then?
Apart from the fact that it makes no fucking.

>> No.7599351

>>7599333
it's pretty simple to find them
>does he do well at school?
>yes?
>well then let's bump him up to harder classes to see how far he can go

>does he do well in school?
>no?
>is he from a rich family?
>no?
>good, I hear the trash dump is looking for a new truck driver

>> No.7599359
File: 7 KB, 150x200, 1310281811291.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

we should be doing everything we can to prolong our life and making it happier, but society and the idiots who just dont see it(mostly the rich because they cant think complex thoughts because of their asses only caring about money and cant see that they will die anyway,so they keep all their money and never use any of it,only to make more money to do nothing with it again.) So we never go anywhere and we suffer.

>> No.7599371

I partly agree with you but you sound high. Anyway, people need money, a feel of accomplishment and worth - this is what a job, a job that you want mind you, gives.
I had 2 or 3 jobs and it was disgusting and nightmarish. Couldn't relate to any workers, couldn't take it easy at all and they were straining. I can't see myself doing this shit for years and waking up at 8 in the morning but at the same time there are people that would kill me and all my family just to have the opportunity to be in a better life like I have. Meanwhile I've been living a NEET lifestyle for maybe a year after finishing college, unsure of my abilities or if I really want to work in my domain. I know I am very foolish and time will goes on and it will be harder and harder to find a job if I don't do something soon. I'm also quickly forgetting what I've learned and didn't do any real effort to find a job, I'll probably finish in a Tim Horton doing exactly what I loathe.

>> No.7599378

I think a lot of people on /jp/ feel this way OP. I know I do. Society is like putting an animal in a cage in a way.

I may have a less misanthropic view of reality than some here but to me life is a very precious thing. When we let go more and can appreciate the sun on our skin and the little flowers we usually ignore because we think so much, there is just something lovely about life. Of course there is a lot of horror, death, starvation and disease but we can work to help alleviate these things. I want to be able to make people happy, help make them more conscious of the fact they are alive. It is all hard to explain.

Love is everything too, but we need to lose our neuroses to really open up which is a scary process. But everyone is so lonely, and yet they hide who they are because they worry about people judging them, so nobody ever knows the real them and they're are always lonely. It's a silly situation really.

>> No.7599394

This thread can be summed up by this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqGs_YZl8Q8
Turn closed captions on for lyrics.

>> No.7599416

>>7599371
Im not high, i always think in ways most humans cant understand, because these days human beings are taught to only think logical and "the right way" Well i think if we keep on thinking in one way, we will never get anywhere. We will never go to space,we will never stop thinking god is real and run away from the truth. The truth is we need to fix our life span and how we live, There is no heaven, their are multiple different gods since the ages, if that wasn't a wake up call saying Christianity is not real, then i dont know what is, really why are people so retarded , they go to school and see history, yet they still think the bible happened? Even if it did happen, it most likely happened in a more normal way. People have to wake up and stop running away, we have to make take next step in human life. I dont care if we have to get one guy to take over the world for it to happened, it needs to fucking happen.

>> No.7599443

>>7599416
>i always think in ways most humans cant understand,
HAHAHAHAHA
So you're lazy, pretentious, AND think you're so much smarter than other people. Also you just got over religion too, you really are underage.
And what's with this obsession over space anyway, space programs are expensive, risky and nothing good will probably ever come out of them.

>> No.7599479

OP, if you really are that interested in science and not working, then get a degree in a field of your interest, get a phd and find someone to finance your research.
You'll work in something you like, help science and actually get well paid for it. Achieving something like that shouldn't be a problem for someone with your vast inteligence, right?

>> No.7599491
File: 321 KB, 1400x2000, 1279853332699.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7599416
You want to force people to change their way AND go to space? Get out Char Aznable.

>> No.7599691

>>7598986
The loss of aging in a cell is cancer. The cells have to die so they can be replaced. So it's not as easy as taking a drug that makes every cell immortal. If you did that, you'd become a tumor and turn into a blob that never stops growing as long as it's fed.

>> No.7599697

>>7599691
Gotta lengthen those telomeres.

Also, I just got here. Is this thread worth reading?

>> No.7599700

if no one worked there will be no games and vns for you to enjoy

>> No.7599704

>>7599443
Spoken like someone whose soul is bound by gravity.

>> No.7599711

>>7599697
It's almost as worth reading as Umineko.

>> No.7599738

>>7599697
It is a combination of idiots that think one way of life is better than another "science".
I define maturity by two things, first of which is doing things without having a personal attachment to it for a goal and whether or not someone actually gives a shit how other people find enjoyment or fulfillment. If people say that they are better than the normalfags just 'cause what they do doesn't seem good to them are very immature as are normalfags that think enjoying VNs, touhou, other /jp/ related things means you are unhappy and a loser are also very immature. Happiness is an internal force.

>> No.7599747

>>7599711
Nah, the thread is actually bad.

>> No.7600171

>>7599747
That was the joke.

>> No.7601039

>>7599738
>>7599443
People like you will never understand. I never said i was smarter or better, hell no, I said i am weirder, if i was smarter or better i would be taking over the world and starting a great reform. And your reason on space is a very normal answer, I hear that all the time, its like the whole world has been brain washed thinking "nothing good is in space,space is bad" Well how the fuck do you and they know? How did we know nothing good would come out of exploring the seven seas or every fucking thing we ever did? Its a really annoying way of thinking and we have to snap out of it, space is there for a reason, it is for us to find out. we will never get there with your type of reason and logic.

>> No.7601065 [DELETED] 

>>7598966
>>7598986
The trick is to trick all the braindead amerifat masses into NOT voting for niggers or religious fundies, then, once smart people are in management, and not merely self-serving puppets, funds can go where they need to go.

>> No.7601085

>>7601065
That is one of the reforms that will take place, instead of voting based on retarded reasons of religion and morals, it will be a group of elite geniuses who rule the world. The two party system we are using is really funny, No matter which party wins, they both win, instead of democracy, we have more like what the Spartans had, two kings who never get off. The problem is that the masses dont see it, they think they are free and that this democracy is pure. Well it is not, they are being tricked by two assholes who will never let go until one party or man tries to show the world its evil.

>> No.7601090

>>7598990
That's why we colonize other planets, and start spreading into the galaxy.

Plenty of room in the entire universe to house all of us.

>> No.7601119

>>7601090
Yes that is our true reason, to take over space, we are not think correctly in the first place , we are living meaninglessly and wasting our time on not doing the biggest goals for mankind. We have to first explore and colonize space,so we can bring out our true potential as a race, to live forever and use our life in nothing but how we what to live, which is on of its reasons and why space is endingness, so we can live forever and grow without worry. It all makes sense yet humans are not thinking in the right way, they have been corrupted by the thought of heaven.

>> No.7601137

1. makre sure you're born in germany/uk
2. acquire welfare for being autistic
3. ???
4. enjoy your live of doing whatever you want while having more money than 2 lowly mcdonalds peasants

the future is already here

>> No.7601157 [DELETED] 

>>7601137
>Not live in glorious Europe.
>Welfare is gobbled up by niggers and other shitskins.

Not that I'd live on welfare forever, or at all.

>> No.7601170

>short life span
speak for yourself, I don't plan on dying in the next 400 years.

>> No.7601182

>>7601119
>live forever
Am I the only one absolutely horrified by this idea? I don't mind living a long life (even though I probably won't), but FUCK forever. I experience ennui as-is now...

>> No.7601194

>>7601182
Good, you die, more resources for me and my eternal harem.

>> No.7601210
File: 188 KB, 623x900, 1310319536018.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7601170

So you prefer your own life over the Imperium? Traitor scum.

>> No.7601215

>>7599378
>Love is everything
>Implying love exists
>Implying it is anything more than elevated levels of serotonin and dopamine when around a specific person.

Fucking hippie scumbag.

Sentience is wasted on humans, you are all far too animalistic for your own good.

>> No.7601214

>>7601137

Living entirely on welfare in the UK is full retard unless you already have stable housing. Do you really want to live on a council estate? All that money for figures doesn't really matter much when your shitty flat gets robbed every night.

>> No.7601234
File: 958 KB, 1280x720, 1310319915035.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7601215
>post on /jp/
>implying you are completely rational person

>> No.7601238

>>7601215
Some things can be greater than the sum of their parts. Fire is a mere chemical reaction, but look how many uses it has and how valuable it has been for us as a species.

>> No.7601241

>>7601214
i live in my mum's house
4 apartments (1 for myself)

government pays 300€ extra for rent although i don't pay rent

>> No.7601242

>>7598993
>about people being judgmental
You're half right. Adults keep their judgments to themselves for the most part; they recognize that it's rude and pointless to call you a loser or creep to your face unless you're really bothering them. It's also pretty rare for them to talk about you behind your back, but not quite as rare.

>>7599738
>I define maturity by two things, first of which is doing things without having a personal attachment to it for a goal and whether or not someone actually gives a shit how other people find enjoyment or fulfillment.

I agree, although I don't fit the former very well.

I've been working for years; I have no personal attachment or interest in any of my tasks, and the only thing that really motivates me to get them done is not wanting to be judged as lazy or noncontributing (and being bitched at) by others. Feels bleak, man.

>> No.7601247

>>7601182
you should just find things to do that interest you
i'm afraid i can't even finish everything i want to accomplish before dying

>> No.7601249

>>7601215
Pain is also just neurotransmitters.
So is the experience of finding things fun, interesting, disappointing, sad, etc.

Arbitrary reductionism is not intellectual.

>> No.7601254

>>7601249

Ssh, let him be edgy.

>> No.7601258
File: 19 KB, 560x398, 1310320590752.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Do you guys think there will be a way to live without the need of work in the future, so humans can live in freedom and use their life span fully? Or is that impossible?
no way in HELL

>> No.7601290

>>7601249
Fine but you have to admit the way most people live and think is simply ridiculous and laughable.

Just look at the front page of any news website and you will see what I mean.

>> No.7601296
File: 53 KB, 526x348, 1310321366538.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

get smarter and start your own internet business.
harder than the normal job, but it's worth it, long run.
if everything goes well, five years later you won't need to work more than 4 hours a week.

dat book
http://www.mediafire.com/?dlsqnib9xk0oj9k

the problem is to get really motivated and work until you succeed

>> No.7601303

>>7601296
A steady dose of amphetamines will give you all the time and motivation you need.

>> No.7601313
File: 18 KB, 450x252, 1310321859995.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

do want

>> No.7601320

>>7601303
And a good grip of paranoia.

>> No.7601338

>>7601320
fair deal
any other ways?

>> No.7601447

Yeah, I have that exact same problem. I've been blessed with a really short time in this world and want to make the best of it, but everyone wants a piece of it. Not just having a job, but all kinds of social obligation to not be seen as a sociopath by everyone.

And it's definitely not just working a little in return for shelter and food and other basic needs. We have to put up with an oversaturated job market, where most people are hired just because everyone needs a job, not because they create any value. Even if you work really hard and are a huge asset to your company, you're very likely to end up with the same wage as that fat bitch who plays Facebook games all day to make the workday pass by. Only way to "win" is to be just as lazy yourself, since then you won't be underpaid for what you contribute to your workplace.

It's also really obvious that the most powerful people in this world would gladly sacrifice something as petty as your happiness if they could earn money from it. For example, if someone could make a few millions from tricking people into spending money on something they absolutely wouldn't need, chances are they would take that opportunity without considering that they are robbing thousands of the products of their labor, thus forcing them into more labor and taking away from their life. If this just happened once in a while, it would be fine, but when you consider that the key to become a multimillionaire is making transactions where you take more than you give (it's rare to become a millionaire by just selling your labor), it's really clear that we're being fucked over by the rich.

I guess the only way to get away from it all is by getting into entrepreneurship, but I have a feeling that even there, there are people ready to fuck you over with shit like selling you educations that won't help you or giving you loans that they know you won't profit on.

>> No.7601452

>>7601447
cool

>> No.7601451

That's why I'm becoming a hobo.

>> No.7601511
File: 75 KB, 414x260, 1309547183911.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7599691
> turn into a blob that never stops growing as long as it's fed

>> No.7601665
File: 593 KB, 800x600, 1310328108525.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP is high as a goddamn kite.

>> No.7601684

>>7601451
Same here pal. I've been reading up on how to live a hobo life. Once I get kicked out of my house my new existence as a traveling Hobo will begin.

captcha: ratizi wandering

>> No.7601702

>>7601684
Is that a fun life? It all sounds good and adventurey, but no internet, no VN's, no fapping in the shower anymore, no food, no bed....the list goes on. I'd rather just sell my body to old men so I can scrape enough money together to rent a small appartment.

>> No.7601706

>>7601702
> but no internet, no VN's
Fuck you say?
The lack of a bed and shower does indeed suck, though. Washing the whole body out of a sink is not fun.

>> No.7601735

>>7601702
I've played all the games I want to by now, so I won't miss them too much. As for no Internet, all I do is come to 4chan anyway, and I can live without this place. As for the other things you listed, remember a Hobo is not a bum. A bum stays in one place and begs for food. A hobo is simply a broke and unemployed person who travels to find shelter. This doesn't mean you have to settle for starvation and sleeping in a box. There are plenty of places if you plan your route to find food and shelter. And if you know how to use the internet (Places like couchsurf) you can find places to rest at for a while to keep on traveling. As for getting the internet, public places are available like the library. My distant goal is to find some secluded place in a green area and just build my own cabin and hide out there as some kind of hermit. But I want to travel a lot to see what is out there.

>> No.7601807

>>7601702
>no internet, no VN's, no fapping in the shower anymore, no food, no bed
I used to want to become a hobo, but I've realized I enjoy these privileges too much. I can't stand being put into situations where I have to live without them.

>> No.7601924

>>7601296
this, anyone?

>> No.7601950

>>7601924
Do you really expect me to read ALL THAT SHIT? Even if it makes me a millionaire with 4 hours work a week, I am too damn lazy to read a whole book about it.

>> No.7602000

OP you are insane aren't you?
From what is written here(I don't know about you people but I read the whole thing since this is one of the most interesting threads that popped up here these days), it seems like you are horrified by how people can live in a cycle of work.
How can they live such a horrible life right?

Well it's rather simple. They are happy. No matter what there's something that makes it all bearable. But I think this is not what you are looking for.

You remind me of myself. Worrying about the future? Can't understand how parents live that way? Don't want to become like them?
Well I was still never as bad as you though.

I would like to ask what is our idea of living freely and using one's life span to the fullest but I think you wouldn't be able to answer it. So I'll say this instead.

Time passes the seasons change, things die and are born. People change and you will change. Sure you can think about philosophy now because someone is feeding you so you can't die. But when you lose that free income, you'll change. I suggest you worry about how much you'll earn for one.

Immortality is nice and all. But true immortality will not be possible. What you stated there is but ever lasting flesh. You still need to work for food. You still need to eat. And all of it costs money. You say you don't mind working if you lived to a thousand? Sure go ahead but bear in mind if you lived to a thousand, that would mean the time you spend working will also be increased proportionally. What changed? Will you be happy then?

Well I won't go so far as to deny that that there are people who live life suffering. Those are probably the ones who live because they can't die.(Wants to not exist but afraid to die)
But even so what propels them forward is hope for the future so can you say it's not some sort of happiness?

tl;dr You are just afraid of not existing. Aim to leave a mark in history. Or someone's life.

>> No.7602007
File: 34 KB, 480x360, 1310332907152.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The majority of wealth in most societies is being gobbled up by a tiny percentage of people. If the wealth that's being wasted on shit like golf courses and luxurious mansions could be spent on more useful things while not falling victim to communist-style bureaucracy hell, we could live very comfortably working a lot less than we do.

>> No.7602423
File: 4 KB, 439x269, 1310338379657.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>They are happy.
no way they are. they just gave up. many of them did not really try. others failed. i probably will too. gonna try anyway.

>Sure you can think about philosophy now because someone is feeding you so you can't die. But when you lose that free income, you'll change.

and when he get enough money he will again think about philosophy. Maslow's hierarchy.
it's just like if you threaten him with a gun he will not think about philosophy nor about how to get food. but that does not mean surviving is the only thing in life.

>Aim to leave a mark in history. Or someone's life.

such things do not matter and are existing exactly because everyone(unless enlightened or crazy) is afraid to disappear. self-delusion crap, just like the religion.

>> No.7602424

>>7602000
No,You understand, Im not talking all about happiness and not happiness,im talking about wasting your life force. Im saying humans dont see the bigger picture, there is a huge picture but most walk right pass it, if only humans saw the picture and liked it. It should be fate to go into space because it is the biggest unknown there is, i dont understand why space is not being funded 80% of the earths funds, because it is that important, for some reason these fools can live a boring everyday life when humans in the past did not. besides space, it should be normal to want to put tons of money into things like living forever or trying to changing our flawed society. There is something wrong with our thought pattern today, we are even foolishly putting religion back into our lives and giving it power, when it should be long gone by now. we are going in the wrong direction,also i have noticed most humans have become ignorant,calling every little thing that seems a bit crazy or out of the norm,Impossible. the thing is every thing we ever done has always been impossible at one point. The problem is the more we belittle people who have a different train of thought, the less we will evolve. We need to start more grand projects and stop with the "but that impossible! im not funding that!"

>> No.7602437

>>7602007
Any money spent is not money wasted. Currency is like water, it has to keep flowing or else it's no good.

>> No.7602461

>>7602424
Why waste funds on space? It'll happen eventually, and for most people even if it accelerated massively it still wouldn't bring any meaningful rewards in their lifetime. Same thing with living forever. It just isn't happening for most of us.

>> No.7602500

>>7602461
Thats the kind of thinking that will never get us anywhere,"Why waste our money now?,Why do shit now, wait till the LOLFUTUREXD" If we continue thinking like that, when we actually need to go into space or change society or our life span or anything for that matter, we wont be able too. Plus i want to be able to see it, i want to fucking live forever and see the future,and go into space and be able to do all the crazy shit, I dont know pilot a fucking gundam. i want to watch over these petty humans and record and watch history, FOREVER.

>> No.7602509

Become a serial killer. Or attempt to take over the world.
You only live once.

>> No.7602522

>>7602509
I would take over the world if i could, i would die to go to the past to become like Alexander the great or Hitler.

>> No.7602541

>>7602522
Try it. Who knows, you might succeed. Or atleast get somewhere.
If some jew-hating german pansy could do it, so can you. I believe in you, anon.

>> No.7602572

>>7602522
I too wish for conquest, I'd be satisfied with the US though.
One day I will succeed. Good luck anon.

>> No.7602578
File: 80 KB, 800x600, 1310340413848.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7602522
and then to the Holy Grail War

what class is Hitler i wonder

>> No.7602611

>>7602522
Whenever I fantasize about becoming a dictator and grabbing my own piece of the world for myself, I end up imagining that after my death, people will start researching who I really was, and learn all the weird things about my private life. For example, my taste in anal masturbation.

Unless I somehow managed to create a completely new identity that no one could trace back to my previous one, there's just too much stuff associated with my current identity that couldn't be associated with the guy who united the world as one empire.

>> No.7602647

>>7602578
A caster, he use black magic.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action