[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 57 KB, 660x373, 2011-07-01_183107.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7559520 No.7559520 [Reply] [Original]

What would your ideal visual novel be like /jp/? How many heroines would it have? What character types would they be? How many endings? Who would do the art, music, story? What genre? Etc. Go into as much detail as you can.

>> No.7559526
File: 75 KB, 680x390, Yokkyun.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just one.

>> No.7559529
File: 82 KB, 877x620, suwako_123_dash.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

my ideal VN would be one that's not censored to HELL and back
pic unrelated

>> No.7559534

The only heroine would be the player character, and most routes would end in being addicted to sex and whoring self out.

The one true love end would be to your female childhood friend, who you confess your love to while both of you are getting gangbanged.

>> No.7559535 [DELETED] 
File: 201 KB, 1920x1200, jpmeetup zone edition.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

STALKER - the visual novel

>> No.7559536

>>7559534

Sounds like Violated heroine

>> No.7559544

>>7559536
Well, I have been playing a lot of that lately...

>> No.7559561

>>7559535
Yes, this, too.

We'll hunt artifacts together, and I'll rescue you when ZUN!spam leaves you to die.

>> No.7559567
File: 255 KB, 1023x724, 1300943477916.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7559535

>> No.7559579

It would be about the wacky adventures of an abortion doctor who can date any and all of his patients which will have the generic personalities that you find in visual novels.

>> No.7559583 [DELETED] 

>>7559567
Glorious!

>> No.7559585

>>7559567
Journey to the center of the Zone, and find love.

C-Consciousness is a collective of lolis.

>> No.7559600

>>7559585
>True ending is you either join the lolis as the Loli-Conciousness or pull the plug making them non-lolis
>Stalker: FPS dating SIM
>tsundere Duty leader
>"G-g-GEet out of here Stalk-ker! baka..."

All my vodka. TAKE IT.

>> No.7559601
File: 199 KB, 1000x700, vn1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I joke I had in my mind.

>> No.7559605

I'd make a VN where in every happy end, every single heroine would end up happy - not just the single one MC chooses.

Each time differently - it wouldn't be "she's fine even if you don't do anything". Every single time their happiness would be in a way caused by the protagonist's actions, but not necessarily intentional ones - think butterfly effect. The routes would branch really early, and the events would vary greatly from route to route.

And it's not like it's all fun and games and there wouldn't be bad ends - quite the opposite, the game would be filled with them. But each and every bad end would be a result of making a wrong choice. Some of the choices would be simple morality problems, but most would be logical choices, and you would be able to deduct which choice is correct if you paid attention to the information you received throughout the game and kept other characters' feelings in mind. There would be a lot of choices, and every single one would be meaningful. Reaching a good end would actually require some attention, and wouldn't be left to simply choosing the choice associated with the heroine you're choosing, or random luck.

>> No.7559615

Well first of all, it would not have any of this romance bullshit.

>> No.7559633

I want a good mecha VN, not shit like Muv Luv

>> No.7559635

REAL DEAL as fuck with an all male cast that ends with everyone dying.

>> No.7559639

>>7559635
>>7559633
Combine these. I'd play it.

>> No.7559648

It would be about anthropomorphized VN engines.
rUGP would be the really capable but serious class rep.
Kirikiri would be the childhood friend type.
Nscripter would be a really popular girl.
ONscripter would be Nscripter's seperated at birth twin sister who would be really poor.
RealLive would be a tsundere transfer student who hates foreigners.
And I can't think of anything else off hand.

>> No.7559659

>>7559635
And the universe explodes as well

>> No.7559672
File: 277 KB, 600x600, 1308555828654.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well, I don't have any specific ideas, but I do have a few guidelines in my head.

#1: The VN needs a plot. It needs quality writing. No good VN has ever started with the idea "let's pander to some lonely nerds." Romance can and should be present as a subplot, but not as the VNs only focus and reason for existing.

#2: The sex really has to be skippable, or in a seperate non-safe version of the VN, and not too major an influence on the plot. It's got to be there, but you've got to be able to reach as wide an audience as possible. No sexual content runs the high risk of locking out the hardcore otaku audience, but without a safe version of the game that can cut out the explicit sex scenes without awkwardly disrupting the plot, you won't be able to reach anything but that hardcore otaku audience.

#3: The protagonist needs a proper name, face, and character. The worst protagonists are the ones who are made only to be a template for the audience to pretend to be. There's no reason the audience, even the infamously immature otaku audience, cannot enjoy living through the experiences of a protagonist who already has a strong character of his own. The other characters need to form at least believable relationships with him if the audience is to be moved by their interactions. This really just goes back to the good writing; if you don't have quality plot, writing, and character development, you just don't have a good VN, no matter how much money you blow on other aspects of the product.

I have more desires beyond that, but those three basically form the foundation. It's got to be well-written, it's got to have a proper plot, it's got to
have proper characters, and it's got to be accessible to prudes and wankers alike.

>> No.7559678

>>7559672
You had me going there until I got to #2

>> No.7559682

>>7559605
This interests me greatly.

>> No.7559705
File: 356 KB, 1920x1080, 1308717937827.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7559672

So now I'm going to get more specific with my VN wishlist:

Decide on the setting, and stick with it. I don't want to see weird juxtapositions of different settings, most commonly the typical high-school deal with some fantasy elements thrown in. Good settings pick one believable background and stick with it for the most part; you really shouldn't have magical people from another dimension casually warping in to a modern first world town to bump into the schoolboy protagonist and shake his life up while he still has to go to school or someshit like that. I realize that this is a bit restrictive, but for once I'd like to see a plot that doesn't basically turn the protagonist into a fish-out-of-water, so to speak. It's nice to see an entire cast of characters who are all familiar with their own setting.

Let's have a third person view, and third person sprites. I realize this is a pretty big point of contention, but I have to stick with my guns on this one. Partial side-view sprites would be much easier to illustrate as actively interacting with each other than the much more common first-person-view sprites. I think it'd be a solid compromise between having to make too many CGs for dynamic scenes and not being able to illustrate physical character interactions at all. Clever use of partial-side-view sprites can help create more immersion into the setting, I think, than the currently popular first person view sprites.

>> No.7559718
File: 362 KB, 800x600, 177.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7559705

All VNs should take place in a small town surrounded by sunflower fields, no exceptions.

>> No.7559720

>>7559705
The game you're looking for is Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Sadly, it's untranslated.

>> No.7559722
File: 181 KB, 800x600, 1306040574546.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7559718

And one of the characters should be a mildly sadistic, yet loving, older sister.

>> No.7559768 [DELETED] 

>>7559705
>>7559718
Not to be rude or anything, but are you a 14-16 year old or something?
Just curious.
Because your post fit the mold of a precocious teenager smart enough to notice pre-established patterns that he perceives as negative, but not mature enough to understand the reason(and oftentimes necessity) behind them perfectly. Add to that the vehement belief in your ideas being the correct way to do things which just oozes out from your writing that I'd have a hard time believing they were written by an adult - and being hilariously wrong about things like
>No sexual content runs the high risk of locking out the hardcore otaku audience certainly doesn't help either.

>> No.7559771 [DELETED] 

>>7559705
>>7559718
Just curious.
Because your posts perfectly fit the mold of a precocious teenager smart enough to notice pre-established patterns that he perceives as negative, but not mature enough to understand the reason(and oftentimes necessity) behind them. Add to it the vehement belief in your ideas being the correct way to do things which just oozes out from your writing that I'd have a hard time believing they were written by an adult - and being hilariously wrong about things like
>No sexual content runs the high risk of locking out the hardcore otaku audience certainly doesn't help either.

>> No.7559782

>>7559705
I don't think that perspective would really work for most VNs. Since the most common activity in visual novels (aside from monologue) is usually conversation, it makes sense to use a perspective where you can clearly see people's faces and read their expressions.

>> No.7559784

>>7559768
>>7559771

Not get in the way of you exceedingly selfish bantering, but did you link the wrong posts before posting the same fucking thing 2x?

>> No.7559787
File: 648 KB, 1301x1041, 8e09f5aaee191cb1d2135c5817a80681.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7559718
We need a Yuuka VN, where a japanese ex-marine befriends and romances a lonely youkai while taking revenge on the village that swindled and ruined his fathers business.

>> No.7559791

>>7559600
Helping random loner lolis, driving off those annoying bandit lolis, protecting them from the dangers of the Zone, sharing campfires with them as you play guitar. Getting inbetween tsundere Duty and rambunctious Freedom lolis.

Sidorovich... oh god.

Do you make Monolith troops lolicons? Seems appropriate. Charging the CNPP, taking on hordes of fanatical lolicons, in order to reach the end.

Only one lolicon can inherit: become the loli, or force them out.

>> No.7559812

>>7559771
I understand where he's coming from,
you have to remember that there will always be people that are somewhat new,
and that they will have their opinions after a little exposure.
you just got to understand and give them some time, everyone's got their opinions.

I had a phase when I loved school life vns, they were all the same but I enjoyed them.
Now I just go through short overly moe ones, the mindless moe lets me forget about realworld stuff easier.

>> No.7559817

>>7559784
Why yes, I did! Thank you for pointing this out. Don't mind my off-topic rant, it's just something that pinched my curiosity slightly.
>>7559672
>>7559705
Just curious.
Because your posts perfectly fit the mold of a precocious teenager smart enough to notice pre-established patterns that he perceives as negative, but not mature enough to understand the reason(and oftentimes necessity) behind them. Add to it the vehement belief in your ideas being the correct way to do things which just oozes out from your writing that I'd have a hard time believing they were written by an adult - and being hilariously wrong about things like

>> No.7559846

>>7559812
I'm not saying he should feel bad or anything - I've been through the same exact phase myself, only with things that interested me at the time when I was a teenager - movies, novels, and videogames. We used to have those hilariously self-absorbed discussions with some of my friends(back when I still had friends), just exchanging the same ideas that must've been pondered by overly confident yet utterly inexperienced consumers of culture thousands of times throughout the years.

>> No.7559918

>>7559520

-Take a moe slice of life school anime.
-Insert me
-lols ensue
-Also I get to fuck the girls, even the minor side characters
-It's all in english

That's my ideal.

That and something like Romanesque but with strong Princess Maker characteristics and a few more students. Basically you're a wizard and you teach cute lolis magic while hitting on the other teachers and being blown up by spells. Your students get sent on missions that involve them using the skills you taught them and if all you did was grope them they'll end up dying or getting hurt/captured/raped. Maybe joke endings for them where they end up warriors from having to fight physically among the other results. Definitely a "try to convince you to raise my grade" scene with the worst student.

>> No.7559956

>>7559918

>insert me
>character becomes loner
>eventually isolates himself in his room and spends the rest of game posting on /jp/

>> No.7559959

I want a slice-of-life school VN that lets me interact with handicapped girls.

>> No.7560003

Nothing much that isn't already shown.

I'd like one that ends up deconstructing the harem genre though, where the girls don't fall in love with the MC for bull reasons like
>He's a good guy underneath
even though he's a perpetual slacker, has no future plans, thoroughly unmotivated when it comes to money, and is more dense than platinum.

>> No.7560019

>>7559672
>No good VN has ever started with the idea "let's pander to some lonely nerds."
You must not have played many VNs then. Or you think none of them are good, since they all pander to lonely nerds.

Also you sound like someone fresh from /a/ with all your whining about otaku and demonizing them.

>> No.7560026
File: 102 KB, 512x512, 1308718195882.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7559672
>>7559705

What I'd like to see in terms of a specific type of plot or setting would be sci-fi in deep space. I was in a bit of a cyberpunk phase for a while but I'm getting a little sick of it and would like to see something with the "punk" part dropped once in a while. I like robots and flashy tech, that's pretty much all there is to say about that.

What I'd also like to see is a mystery with no supernatural or fantasy elements involved. I guess what I'd like to see is some kind of mashup of the settings of Detective Conan/Phoenix Wright and Time of Eve, wherein you take the role of a private investigator in the future where androids are a hot political issue, and you investigate cases where robots are accused of crimes to clear them of the charges. The story could proceed through a series of short arcs in which you can achieve bad endings wherein you fail to mount a successful defense, neutral ends where you clear your defendant but fail to unmask the real culprit, and good ends where you reveal the real criminal, helping to improve the political climate as well as defend the accused.

>> No.7560067
File: 249 KB, 526x750, 1308727611728.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7560026

As for heroines, I dunno. I especially love genkis and meganekkos, and I pretty much hate violent tsunderes and rich prudes. That's pretty much as specific as my heroine tastes go, and even then, those standards are easily relaxed in the presence of enough dere.

What's more important to me is the stability of the relationship between lovers. I really hate to see drama stirred up for no reason, or for the characters to distance themselves from each other under weak pretenses. Life's complicated enough without people going and complicating their own relationships, and I just like to see puppy-eyed lovers taking it easy and enjoying the ride.

>> No.7560452

I actually have two "perfect storm VNs" thought up, separating them into...genre? Mood? I don't know.

For something light and fluffy, I'd like a moege with bright colors and cute uniforms, and the main heroine is a trap. And the HCG make sure this is known (no DOHOHO LOOK AT THE CONVENIENT ANGLE CHANGE SO YOU CAN'T SEE PENIS bullshit). Also maybe an adorable kemonomimi heroine or two.

For darker stuff, I'd love a "true horror" VN that's longer than, say, The Noose. Something with a similar theme though. Madness, scary shit, delusions, the whole nine yards. Or maybe something like Wasurenagusa no Yoru with an *~*abandoned buildiiing*~* theme.

Also, a BL game where the shota hero(es) get just as many sex scenes as the legal guys. Just once? ;_;

>> No.7562171

>>7560452

I've never read The Noose, is it good?

>> No.7562218

>>7562171

Yes. Best played in the dark with volume up for maximum effect.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action