[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 37 KB, 150x150, trollingstreamthumbte.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7559274 No.7559274 [Reply] [Original]

Hello everyone,
This is worth reading. The sentate of the usa is against you!

I would like you to read about a NEW BILL that might make it so that MOST OF YOU GO TO JAIL if you're in the USA. Basically, I'm talking about Bill s.978. You can read it over here if you want: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s112-978

The OBJECTIVE is this: "To amend the criminal penalty provision for criminal infringement of a copyright, and for other purposes."

But the true CONSEQUENCES are this: NO STREAMING FOOTAGE OF ANY FORM OF ENTERTIANMENT ON ANY WEBSITE, NO PICTURES OF MOVIES, ANIMES, FILMS, or anything like that, NO MANGA UPLOADED, not even UNOFFICIAL REVIEWS OF THINGS LIKE ANIMES OR VIDEO GAMES, NO KARAOKE SINGING IN YOUTUBE, NO USING SONGS AS BACKGROUND MUSIC FOR YOUR NON-PROFIT VIDEOS, NOTHING.

Basically, NO FOOTAGE OF ANY KIND OF ANY SOURCE OF ENTERTAINMENT WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE COMPANY.

Do it 10 times, AND YOU COULD GET UP TO 5 YEARS IN PRISON.

I know, this is all silly because they can't stop piracy, they won't stop freaking the whole Internet. BUT EVEN IF IT'S SILLY WE NEED TO PROTECT OUR RIGHTS AND INTERNET CULTURE. SO PASS THE VOICE OVER TWITTER, FACEBOOK, HERE, EVERYWHERE, AND JOIN THE MOVEMENT AGAINST BILL S.978

>> No.7559281

>senate of the usa is against you
Old news, nothing to see here.

>> No.7559289

Good thing I am not american.

I don't have anything against America, but I don't want this.

>> No.7559290

>>7559281
The only reason you think this is because were jailed.

>> No.7559292
File: 152 KB, 704x1023, RecetterCBTC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

looks like the sentate is at it again.

>> No.7559298

>>7559290
ACtually, I was of this mind long before I saw the inside of a jail cell. The whole of American government exists merely to moderate interactions between the citizens and businesses, keeping us appeased enough that we keep throwing our money at more and more useless items instead of rioting.

>> No.7559299
File: 427 KB, 500x694, 1308943801001.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The western world doesn't even give a fuck about its freedom anymore and find childish to go against the rules.

>> No.7559300

>NO STREAMING FOOTAGE OF ANY FORM OF ENTERTIANMENT ON ANY WEBSITE

I like, maybe we'll finally get rid of those idiot streamfags.

Also fuck off to /a/, we don't give a shit.

>> No.7559306

>>7559298
Who gives a shit /jp/ is not your blog.

>> No.7559309

good thing I'm not an amerifat

>> No.7559317

Why is America so dumb along with Canada? Canadian government is pushing for the internet spying bill, big telecom trying to get UBB to pass, and drawings of loli is illegal.

This continent is going full retard.

>> No.7561012

Everyone should troll the companys and send like 100 emails to everyone company all like:
Subject: Permission for use
Message Hi 'insert Company name' Can i have permission to post footage of your game on youtube?
Spam the companies enough time and then see if they still support,
Hi Fox, i'm posting a review to help advertise your shitty show, can i is has permission?
God this bill is so stupid @.@

>> No.7561019

This bill targets people that stream thousands of dollars worth of content and charge people who view it to make huge profits.

They don't give a fuck about video game streams and youtube.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action