[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 275 KB, 703x496, neetclose.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7544351 No.7544351 [Reply] [Original]

It's nearing 3 in the morning yet again, and I have work again tomorrow morning. I know I'm gonna feel like shit as always when I have to wake up early, and I'll swear to go to bed early tomorrow night, just like I did today morning, just like I do every morning.

I want to go back to being a neet so badly.

What makes it worse is that I think about what I've been doing for the past 6 or 7 hours: browse /jp/, watch random videos, browse /jp/ more, check 2ch, browse /jp/ more, check futaba, browse /jp/ more... I barely even play any games or read any VNs, and it's not because I don't want to or I've lost interest, but just that I feel like the pressure of having to wake up and go to work means I should just take it easy and go to bed early after drinking a few beers and browsing /jp/ for a couple hours, but then a few beers turns into a six pack, and a couple hours turns into a quarter of a day... if only I'd at least spent this time playing a new game or something, I wouldn't be so behind on games that I want to play, and I wouldn't be so dissatisfied with myself. I know that in reality I still have plenty of free time to do things, but not being free 24 hours a day 7 days a week completely messes up my ability to schedule my free time.

Sorry for making another shitty thread guys, but I really want to know, how does /jp/ deal with neet withdrawal?

>> No.7544360

Kill yourself.

You cannot mesh with society.

Therefore you should purge yourself after spending whatever money you have on extravagances.

>> No.7544367

Oh gee, another normalfag thread complaining about his normalfag problems... this'll be good.

>> No.7544388

>>7544367
Oh screw off. You'll be in my position in another 3 years junior, just wait.

Either that or you'll still be in your rich supportive parents basement, in which case I'll be quite jealous ;_;

>> No.7544393
File: 568 KB, 943x1234, tenshi-sama.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Same here. I have so much free time, but all I do is drink beer and laugh at pictures of little girls on /jp/.

>> No.7544431

I've pretty much made coffee the center of my life. As long as I can get that latte, I'll be able to make it through another day of work.

>> No.7544437

Become a muslim.

>> No.7544490

>>7544351
>I want to go back to being a neet so badly.
You only want this because you have the options, and capability to not be NEET.

Actual hikkies who are outright stuck with it tend to grow sour on the lifestyle in the longrun, only for it to become worse and worse at an accelerating rate.

There is a huge difference between "being" NEET and actually not being capable/having the options of being in any of the N.E.E.Ts.

>> No.7544501

>>7544490
The grass is always greener. I wouldn't be able to survive without the income I get from working; I'd be on the streets if I was still a neet. I envy people who can live that way without being homeless.

>> No.7544515

>>7544490
Many say that, but, honestly, I can't imagine myself with a job. That is to say, if asked, "What would you like to do with your life?" my answer would honestly be to stay at home, with my books and high-speed internet, without bothering myself with other people.

Really, the only reason it becomes worse and worse, as you put it, is because it's an impossible financial situation, to be a leech without earning money. Were money not an issue, would it really become a bad lifestyle, the life of a hermit? You could have groceries delivered at extra cost, bills paid without work, any maintenance can be done by yourself, or by hiring an expensive guy to come over. You can be perfectly alone and indulge in only yourself, whatever that may mean.

It didn't last nearly long enough, but now that my period is ending and I'll likely lose my lifestyle, I'll just take my life rather than live in displeasure and disgust, solely for the sake of living. After all, what's the point in being alive if the reward for the challenges you need to overcome isn't worth it to you, personally?

>> No.7544562

>>7544515
I agree. When I was a neet for several years before I started working, the only reason I ever wanted to break free of the lifestyle was financial difficulties; outside of those times that I had to hassle with my parents over money, I was pretty much 100% satisfied with my life day in day out. I wouldn't have ever gotten a job if it hadn't been for the intense outside pressure to randomly apply for jobs, and the dumb luck of having eventually landed an application at a company that obviously doesn't give a shit if their employees are antisocial autists.

>> No.7544571

>>7544351
Pull yourself together man, think about what games you want to play when working and get to it when coming home.

>> No.7544628

I know that feel.

I worked for a year, get tired of this crap and returned to being a neet.

>> No.7544634

>>7544571
Not OP, but I do this. But when I come home, I don't want to play them anymore.

It's like being so bored that even curing boredom is too boring.

>> No.7544678

I'm in the same boat, my friend.

Best years of my life were spent as a NEET. Now the only thing that keeps me going is the hope that one day I'll save up enough to go back.

>> No.7544767

NEET is objectively the best lifestyle. Don't let any self-loathing faggot tell you otherwise. Quit your job.

>> No.7544780

>>7544767
Once the money's run out though it's a life on the street, or a quick jump in front of a train.

>> No.7544810

At least you have money for booze to drown in.

>> No.7545057

>>7544767
You don't have to be in employment, and you can be finished with your conventional employment, and still not be a neet.
If you chose to you know, do anything that isn't outright passive, it becomes exceedingly likely that you lose your neet status.

>> No.7545240

I know how you feel. I only work 2 maybe 3 days a week and yet it still seems like i have no time to do anything because of it. But sadly i never had the luxury of being a NEET. I rushed to get job while i was still in highschool, biggest mistakes of my life (part of what made my social problems so bad), and now i'm stuck there. At least you got to live the good life, even if it's behind you.

>> No.7545276

>>7544780
I doubt a future consisting of working a deadend job until you die naturally is desireable for anyone.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action