[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 31 KB, 500x333, manabistraight-dvd-4-mei_crazy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7402484 No.7402484 [Reply] [Original]

how did you become a neet?
thraumatic stories general

>> No.7402493

you don't become a NEET you are born into it

>> No.7402502

How can you have spelling errors in 2011?

>> No.7402508

dropped out of school
no desire to work

there's my thraumatic story.

>> No.7402521

i sucked at school
nobody wanted me
locked myself in my room
if nobody wants me then i dont want to see them

>> No.7402523

kill me

>> No.7402525

I read that as "thaumaturgic..."

>> No.7402527

Got to my Sophomore year in college. Decided to take a break. That break keeps extending.

>> No.7402533 [SPOILER] 
File: 141 KB, 500x461, 1302385904760.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

finished high school
took a GED course in masonry
oh wait
I'm no NEET.

>> No.7402538

>>7402527
mine was like that
went to college
went insane
mom died
dropped out
moved in with dad
no plans

>> No.7402544

Graduated high school. After living there my whole life moved cross country because of dad. Got a temp job for three months. Stopped going outside. To be fair, before that the only reason I ever went outside was because of school.

>> No.7402553

I stopped going to high school one day , they sent me a notice that I was kicked out a few months later. I haven't done anything since then.

>> No.7402557

I'm just really lazy and like to be left alone, absolutely no one in my city wants to hire me anyway so I gave up on applying anywhere, it's been 2 years.

>> No.7402561

Just dropped out of school. Not that complicated.

>> No.7402564

>GED course
>in masonry

lolwut

>> No.7402566

thraumatic as fuck

>> No.7402570

>Be born as a minority
>"Go to college or we're kicking your ass out on the street"
>Go to college
>"HAHAHA you think we're paying for this shit? Get a job."
>Get a job
>"Okay, now you have an education and money. Get out."

No NEET for me ;_;

>> No.7402575

I didn't, I just became a super senior and refused to graduate. I've been taking easy online classes like web design for a year now, I go months without stepping out the front door. Don't feel like finishing my shitty biochem major since I hate it.

I have no idea why the government is still paying me.

>> No.7402577

I decided to stop working for awhile, because I had enough cash to do so.

So much trauma~

>> No.7402584

>Graduate High School
>Life comes to a halt
>No desire to move forward

>> No.7402588

I went outside, realized the world was scary, came back in, closed my door, and never opened it again.

>> No.7402598

What's the point of doing anything? I mean what's the end game? I've already got pretty much everything I want, working or going to school would only lower my quality of life really.

>> No.7402600

university dropout
have no future plan

>> No.7402604

I don't care about stupid things like money or women so there's no need to become a slave for them.
I can't share my thaumaturgic stories with normals.

>> No.7402617

I realized I wasn't the little girl

>> No.7402623

Abysmal self-esteem
Some kind of mental disease that I never got diagnosed
A whole year to finish a single class without a job at the same time.
Finished college
I don't want to go back to this scary shitty world.

>> No.7402626

I never went to school and never liked working. I've had three jobs in the past 7 years and I haven't held one more than a year. Working just doesn't feel right.

I'm the guy who's getting both his mother's and grandmother's houses when they die.

>> No.7402648
File: 17 KB, 244x299, 1286232170432.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Got fired from work (waiter at a small cafe) for having a mental breakdown on the job, can't find any other jobs in my small town for people with next to no work experience that aren't high-stress at minimum wage pay.

>> No.7402649
File: 1.96 MB, 1500x2160, 1300865967709.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm worried I'm going to dropout of Univeristy. I haven't even started yet.

:(((((((((((((

>> No.7402654

I dropped out of college. That's it. I hate school.

>> No.7402659

>>7402584
didn't you apply for any colleges?

>> No.7402674

>>7402659
Nnnnnnope. I have nothing I want to study in. Except maybe science.
Even then, money's pretty tight. I've got brothers (older bro and my twin) attending college as well. Feels like too much of a hassle. Then again, so is freeloading.

>> No.7402675

>>7402648
>Got fired from work (waiter at a small cafe) for having a mental breakdown on the job

details please

>> No.7402681

The only time I've ever willingly looked for and held a job was when I was raising funds for a trip. I ended up spending a month alone in Waikiki. I set it up so I could spend up to 30 dollars a day. I came home with money to spare.

Man, that was fun but I don't think I ever want to work again.

>> No.7402697

>don't care about stupid things like money

Then how the fuck do you pay for internet and electricity ?

>> No.7402729

I graduated from high school (or whatever kind of high school there's here in my country), failed to get into the local university plenty of times and it just kind of happened.
I never really tried to do something else or find a job.

>> No.7402736

Aside from all you living off another person...

...How do you do this :|

>> No.7402742

Not a neet but how I became how I am now.

Traumatizing school life till senior year in high school, cant remember how it started but I dont want to remember either. After a while I became emotionless and didn't talk to anyone, some people thought I was a murderer or some stupid shit. Not emotionless anymore but have an eternal hatred to 98% of people. Also got dissociative identity disorder from traumatic past.

Anyways in my job I don't have to do much socialization so I don't really mind.

>> No.7402749

>>7402736
>Aside from all you living off another person...
That's pretty much everybody in the thread, unless they're leeching off the government.

>> No.7402765

>>7402729
Kind of the same with me. I graduated the equivalent of high school, got rejected from Universities, so I went to a college (pretty much just high school, but in the city and full of dumb people) to get into University.

>> No.7402760

>>7402749

You lucky bastards, enjoy it while you can. I was a NEET for a while. Life catches up though.

>> No.7402786

There was nothing I wanted to do after high school, so I've just done nothing with my life ever since. I'll be a 10 year NEET this September.

>> No.7402792

>Sudo
Thread INSTANTLY ruined.

Just when I thought /jp/ was good!

>> No.7402799
File: 48 KB, 258x397, 1306361184457.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7402792
>thinking /jp/ was good
That was your first mistake.

>> No.7402801

>>7402792
It's a thread about NEET scum, wasn't it ruined from the start?

>> No.7402819

>>7402801
get out of /jp/

>> No.7402830

>>7402799
Please don't bring your /a/ posting habits over to /jp/.

>> No.7402836

>>7402799
You might just want to drag your lard ass back over to /a/ then pig.

>> No.7402840

I lost everything I loved.

When I was a child, I had a sister and a happy family life. I was popular, had many friends, everything was nice. Then my family and I got into a traffic accident and my mom and me are the only survivors. I've seen my sisters head split open next to me, I'll never forget that image, ever. Since then my mom got mad and fucked around with several men and left me alone for weeks some times. I didn't go to school anymore, didn't leave the house and started to play video games all day. Then my mom killed herself and I lived in an orphanage for the rest of my childhood. And now I'm living alone, with no education and I still never leave the house and play video games all day.

>> No.7402842

I'm not a NEET. I have to work to survive. If I were a NEET I'd be dead.

>> No.7402843
File: 35 KB, 576x662, 1306361230082.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7402836
>back over to /a/
That would imply I go to /a/ in the first place, which I don't. I'll be staying here, thanks.

>> No.7402844

Everyone in retirement are NEETS

>> No.7402847

>>7402792

nice self-fulfilling prophecy.

im not good at anything in particular, and my family never had much hope for me anyway, so I decided to live up to their expectations.

dropped out of college and am now currently living in a 1 room apt with disability checks from the gubmint to fund my rent and noodle diet. and of course, my internet connection.

>> No.7402855

>>7402840
That's really sad I wish I could be your friend......

>> No.7402870

>>7402840
Ahh, I wish I had a nice back story like that.

>> No.7402873

>>7402870
No, you don't.

>> No.7402874

I'm not really a NEET

I left home because I am a transgender that wanted to erase my past so I got an apartment in a bad neighborhood saving up money from many jobs for Srs.

After srs I want to change my name and go to college and maybe move abroad somewhere and find my true love

But I doubt life works like that....

>> No.7402924 [DELETED] 

I realized I wasn't braindead enough for my job.

I keep bullshitting my parents by telling them I've been putting in applications. Aside from them allowing me to live in this room and use their electricity, they don't support me in any other manner. I Craigslist/Ebay cheap garbage that I find at thrift stores, garage sales, and the e-waste section from the local dump to support my purchasing craft beer, manga, and anime on a regular basis.

I'm sure I'll get back to working before the year is done. Now isn't the time. I'd LIKE to wait until next spring since I hate driving back and forth to work during the snowy season.

>> No.7402923

>>7402840
Sup Madotsuki

>> No.7402928

Barely graduated Highschool
Fucked around and played vidya
Developed severe social anxiety and became a weak unhealthy failure
Too scared to do anything

>> No.7402934 [DELETED] 

I realized I wasn't braindead enough for my job, so I quit it after a week. Only job I've held in an entire year.

I keep bullshitting my parents by telling them I've been putting in applications. Aside from them allowing me to live in this room and use their electricity, they don't support me in any other manner. I Craigslist/Ebay cheap garbage that I find at thrift stores, garage sales, and the e-waste section from the local dump to support my purchasing alcohol, manga, and anime on a regular basis.

I'm sure I'll get back to working before the year is done. Now isn't the time. I'd LIKE to wait until next spring since I hate driving back and forth to work during the snowy season.I realized I wasn't braindead enough for my job.

I keep bullshitting my parents by telling them I've been putting in applications. Aside from them allowing me to live in this room and use their electricity, they don't support me in any other manner. I Craigslist/Ebay cheap garbage that I find at thrift stores, garage sales, and the e-waste section from the local dump to support my purchasing craft beer, manga, and DVDs.

I'm sure I'll get back to working before the year is done. Now isn't the time. I'd LIKE to wait until next spring since I hate driving back and forth to work during the snowy season.

>> No.7402937
File: 33 KB, 704x400, thraumatized.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7402840

Come here, bro.

/hug

>> No.7402940 [DELETED] 

I realized I wasn't braindead enough for my job.

I keep bullshitting my parents by telling them I've been putting in applications. Aside from them allowing me to live in this room and use their electricity, they don't support me in any other manner. I Craigslist/Ebay cheap garbage that I find at thrift stores, garage sales, and the e-waste section from the local dump to support my purchasing craft beer, manga, and anime on a regular basis.

>> No.7402952

I have crippling social anxiety disorder. I try hard to hide it most of the time but it keeps me from getting a girlfriend and a steady job.

>> No.7402957

>>7402934

>I Craigslist/Ebay cheap garbage that I find at thrift stores, garage sales, and the e-waste section from the local dump to support my purchasing alcohol, manga, and anime on a regular basis.

How well does that work? what kind of crap do you sell? I want to get right on this.

Also for all you out there who can speak Japanese I recommend Mturks, you can make a dollar every time you translate a few paragraphs of text.

>> No.7402963

Social anxiety as long as I can remember.
Having extreme depersonalization showing up these last few years.

>> No.7402965

>>7402617
A thousand times this.

>> No.7403047

>>7402840
fuck cars.

>> No.7403259

Being constantly bullied throughout school for no reason at all. This caused me to lose hope in humanity. I avoided all contact with people and became see them as untrusting.

Eventually joined the work force and decided to give people another chance guessing that that was just a phase that they went through when they were in school. Turned out I was wrong, so I leaved the work force and went back to my parents basement.

>> No.7403620 [DELETED] 

asd

>> No.7403624

I was emotionally and physically neglected by my parents from as far back as I can remember. My grandmother got custody, sheltered me from the world, and gave me a computer.

>> No.7403636

>>7402617
this

>> No.7403648

Every single thing in this world is boring. I hate people because they are boring and clones of each other. I haven't met a single person in my life who would've had something interesting to say. I CBA to do anything, I don't really want to live, but killing myself is a pain. I'm just waiting for something exciting to happen, nuclear war, alien invasion, space exploration, whatever, or my death, whichever comes sooner.

>> No.7403654

Summer vacation started.

>> No.7403690

>>7402786
What about your living expenses?

>> No.7403722

I've always been the shy kid that people made fun of. I graduated school in 2006, no job. Spent year at home.

Did a course for 2 years after that, then spent another year at home (last year). Although, last year began seeing a therapist, was diagnosed with social anxiety, then at the start of this year depression.

This year I started doing a course that started out ok, and I continued seeing a therapist until he had a heart attack and triple bypass at the end of March. Now he's back at work but I'm too scared to go back to him in case I cause him more stress, and I'm too scared to find another one in case they turn out to be an arsehole.

I've been on anti-depressants since February, not sure if they're doing much good. Still get suicidal sometimes, and panicky mostly when out in public.

Now with two weeks left til the end of semester I can't handle the stress, so I'm going to drop out. Soon to return to the NEET way of life.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action