[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 161 KB, 800x532, 1303056157190.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7396501 No.7396501 [Reply] [Original]

i bet /jp/'s school life was full of fun

>> No.7396513

I had 37% attendance for the last 4 years of it, yes it was fun

>> No.7396523

I remember one time on a school trip we were doing these games at night in the forest. It wasn't really that dark, but there was this one game where the girl (I remember she was one of the bitchy popular girls that was part of the cool girl group who all acted like they were older than they were, this was when we were like 12) I was with would cling to me tightly because she was terrified and was saying shit like "Don't leave me alone". I thought it was annoying at the time because I wanted to focus on the game but now the memory is so sweet and cute.

>> No.7396526

It wasn't
It was full of dicks though.

>> No.7396539
File: 47 KB, 1125x820, best_seat_class.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

it was HELL normalfag mode
luckly was "in the flow of the wind" or somthing along those lines (lulz)
i didnt even study much and i still pass cuz im a smarty pants xD

>> No.7396551

I dropped out of HS. Got a GED. Going to go back to school soon.

>> No.7396554

>>7396539
>be lazy fuck and never study, ace test
>cute girl studies hard, fails test and cries
Feels kind of bad man.

>> No.7396557

I was sure I was going to die before I graduated
then I graduated and nothing changed

>> No.7396558

School was hell. I'll never go back to any sort of school.

>> No.7396562

It was horrible.

>> No.7396568

It was hell, because I was surrounded by delicious shotas that I couldn't touch, or even befriend...

>> No.7396569

I sat in anime MC seat for a while.
No girls dropped on me from the sky.
Nor did I discover any superpowers.
Nothing like my asian animations.

>> No.7396574

I did online schooling. Did all of the work for that year in the first couple weeks, got all As, and then took it easy for the rest of the year.

>> No.7396577
File: 79 KB, 1280x720, 1297463570437.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I thought my life was gonna start after graduating.

>> No.7396580

I just went on a camping trip a few weeks ago (though it got horribly rained out on the second day). We had hotdogs and marshmallows but no one brought any coathangers and there were no good sticks anywhere around the camp site, so I pulled a shitty $10 replica katana out of my truck and skewered me some hotdogs.

Not a single fuck was given because everyone was relying on me to eat.

>> No.7396585
File: 96 KB, 412x267, 1301181126229.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I had a great school life. Decent popularity and lots of friends, but that's all gone now. I would go back and do it all over again in a heartbeat. Good times...

>> No.7396588

>>7396554
tell ME HOW you do this
Don't you feel bad because that's how I AM bump for answer

>> No.7396595

I was the only one in my grade who opted out of the week-long camping field trip. I stayed at home and played Pokemon.

>> No.7396601
File: 4 KB, 126x116, tear trollface.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

then: listening to Key music. being an emo feggot

now: listening to touhou music. being an emo feggot

>> No.7396602

>>7396588
Autism. Sometimes it gives you perfect recall. I just sit in class and pay attention to lectures and when the test comes I remember every bit of it.

>> No.7396606

Class clown, lots of nerdy friends with nerdy hobbies. Never worked, but still passed somehow. Found interesting ways to entertain each other using things we find just lying around.

>> No.7396608

"Okay, this is hell and I don't know how long I can put up with it but at least in ten years I'll be glad I went through it when I see X is working at McDonald's and I have a nice-paying job."
But ten years later I am still a worthless NEET and X is a happy, successful young man.

>> No.7396609

School was nice.
I didn't liked any of my classmates, but at lest they didn't bother me too much because they were afraid that I'd kill them if they bully me.

The nice part was that going to school is pretty much taking it easy, I barely ever had to do anything and it wasn't too boring.

>> No.7396613

>>7396595
Dude, you could have gone and played pokemon. I have fond memories of playing pokemon at night in the middle of the woods with bros.

>> No.7396617

No friends and bullied constantly.

Yeah, it was fun.

>> No.7396619
File: 51 KB, 465x611, linkin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7396609
>but at lest they didn't bother me too much because they were afraid that I'd kill them if they bully me.

>> No.7396643

>>7396613
I have fond memories of people only liking me for my level 100 Blastoise.

>> No.7396652

>>7396613

Pokemon was "too gay" for them. My fellow 4th grade classmates were mature men who played mature games like Mortal Kombat and WWF Wrestling and watched mature TV shows like Baywatch.

>> No.7396654
File: 40 KB, 455x290, 1293761859096.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I bet /jp/ was that creepy kid trying to get near everyone.

>> No.7396659

>>7396619
You know, saying that you play ego shooter games and have 3000 hours of WoW playtime shortly after some guy in your country went on a killing spree in a school really helps

>> No.7396665

it was mixed.
It only got good the last 3 years.
The rest was bad.

>> No.7396671

>>7396654
I was actually the creepy kid who just wanted to be alone, but for some reason people kept approaching me and I ended up light-friends with pretty much everyone. I was the guy people would come to when they had some problem, got kind of fucking annoying.

>> No.7396677

I was decent, I had one friend, it wasn't that much boring. There were many people who didn't like me, but we were just ignoring each other. I always had a feeling I had some kind of bad influence on my friend...

Now we graduated, he his successful in his studies, I'm an even worse failure. Feels bad.

>> No.7396678

Actually, I think it wasn't too bad - I was that kid who gets good grades, so everyone (but some bullies) wanted to be my "friend". I was also fat and retarded. It all started going a bit haywire in high school, I guess, and after not doing anything for 5 or so years I ended up like this.
I don't think I regret anything.

>> No.7396701

For those who were bullied, how does it feel to get bullied? My school didn't have any.

>> No.7396719

>>7396701
Feels great man, you should try it.
What the fuck kind of question is that?

>> No.7396731

>>7396701
Bad at first, you get used to it after awhile. Now that I think about it, the same emptiness that some /jp/ers feel now is akin to that.

>> No.7396746

>>7396731
>get used to it
You never get used to it, you're just convincing yourself it's not that bad when deep inside you feel like shit ;-;

>> No.7396759

>>7396701
Feels like posting on /jp/.

>> No.7396773

I fought against bullies every year.
I became feared and reclusive person with always one friend.
Then i was suspected for psychopathy for all little mischief that i did in my anger.
Basically i've been dropped out from high school.

Now i am depressed and only joy that i can receive is from being cynical and watching old anime that i used to watch before and remember those old times when i felt even bit of happiness.

This world is truly horrendous.

>> No.7396795

I am autistic and I am very lazy learning homeworks, but I still get the good results from tests.

>> No.7396808

and now /sp/ is bullying /jp/ on a regular basis

>> No.7396839

I was the guy who was on good terms with everyone but wasn't really friends with them. I was pretty good-looking, got straight A's and wasn't labeled as "weird" by my peers.

The only problem was that I'm a schizoid--my fellow students would constantly invite me to socialize with them when quite frankly I had zero interest in such matters. I'd manage to avoid being pulled into their nonsense by feigning occupation with my studies. They believed me, and I wasn't ostracized for it, either. No one ever gave me any real trouble. Looking back, I suppose I was one of the more fortunate ones.

But if there's anything I'm sure of, it's that I'd like nothing better than spending the rest of my days reading illicitly gained visual novels, holding inane arguments on /jp/, and masturbating to lewd doujinshi.

>> No.7396852

sometimes I wonder what the girl I spent a good two years having hot under the table leg rubbing sessions with
is up to these years.

>> No.7396856

>>7396839
>I'd like nothing better than spending the rest of my days reading illicitly gained visual novels, holding inane arguments on /jp/, and masturbating to lewd doujinshi.
this board in a nutshell

>> No.7396876

>>7396839
I wonder how many people on /jp/ are schizoid. I see self-claims of having autism all the time but never really SPD. I expected it to be pretty prevalent here...

>> No.7396902

>>7396539
>i didnt even study much and i still pass cuz im a smarty pants xD
Stop that.

>> No.7396907

>>7396902
It's wtH, dude.

>> No.7396936

>>7396876
Well it's not like I have a diagnosis, but I've never liked social events and I've never been interested in other people. Everybody thinks that I'm arrogant and think I'm too good to associate with other people or something but I just really don't want to waste time on that.

>> No.7396941

I look and act normal in RL, I have friends that like visual novels and anime and warhammer and some friends that are like /v/ and some just normal people. Im kind just bad with women and emotions with love. I also never drink or do drugs and just dont want any problems, I think i have panic problems though and feel uneasy about going on the bus or in a place where there is no help if a pass out. Im going to a lot of doctors to figure out what my problem might be. I thought it was diabetes because i start to feel uneasy sometimes, but my blood test results came back normal, but a little thyroid problem, Im super under weight, so it might be Hyperthyroidism.

>> No.7396943

I think most of /jp/ probably wouldn't be here if they had a fun school life.

>> No.7396952

>>7396936
If it isn't hatred or scorn but simply a lack of interest in others/socializing with them, it's probable that it's SPD.

>> No.7396961

/jp/ - amateur e-psychiatry and blogging

>> No.7396963

Fell into complete shit during the last two years, becoming aware of anxiety and stress lead to me skipping a lot of classes and ditching the interview for college.

>> No.7396973
File: 160 KB, 1280x720, [WhyNot] Level E - 06v2 [EAA2A788].mkv_snapshot_19.18_[2011.04.30_04.21.47].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7396943
>sudo

>> No.7396987
File: 633 KB, 1280x720, [HorribleSubs] Kore wa Zombie desu ka - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_11.39_[2011.01.10_16.38.54].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7396973

>> No.7396991

>>7396876
Well I find the stuff said on the Schizoid wiki page to be pretty damn accurate for describing me except for the whole fantasy world thing, most people call me very sober and/or even bitter or cold. I do however realize the problem with self-diagnosing and I don't really think I have the disorder.

>> No.7397000

I dropped out of high school in the 10th grade. I'm 19 now, and wondering if I'll ever change. This life of a NEET isn't the best, but it's comfortable. Maybe too comfortable.

>> No.7397007

>>7397000
nice quints

so like do your parents care at all about your future?

>> No.7397010
File: 175 KB, 1400x1050, 1278405580802.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I went to an all males engineering school.
Everyday went by repairing stuff, being with bros, smoking, being with bros, repairing stuff, getting drunk with bros, ad infinitum.

>> No.7397020

>>7397010
And yeah it was in Russia.

>> No.7397022

>>7397007
I think you need glasses, bro. I hope you have insurance.

Also, >>>/b/ shit.

>> No.7397030

>>7396671
It was like that for me for awhile too. Then I told them to fuck off. Also had 3 really cute girls that liked me, told them they weren't my type, but the real reasons because I thought they deserved someone better.

>> No.7397046

>>7397030
wow kind of like me, except i said no because i thought i had a small penis but actually had a decent one that was 6.2 inches erect

>> No.7397052 [DELETED] 

>>7397007
Oh yea they do, but what can they do really? I went through a whole truancy thing when i was still a minor, but now i'm an adult. The state pretty much gave up when i turned 17. They're still supporting me, and i think they will indefinitely.

>> No.7397082

>>7397022
nice doubles bro

and i ain't going anywhere lol

>> No.7397098

>>7397007

Try to act less like 15 year old Americunt.

>> No.7397127

>>7397098
>calling names
lol real mature

>> No.7397201

My high school was pretty nice.
Don't know how it is where you live, but here you go to a school based on how good you did on exams at the end of middle school. There are few private schools, but it's not like you have to be rich to get to a good school - you just need to be smart. I did damn well on those exams, one of the best in the city, got to shake hands with the major and all that jazz, so the school I went to was pretty decent as well.
The teachers were mostly good, and pretty much all of them were doing their best to help out the students. And the students were cool too - there were a few jocks, some nerds, and a couple normal guys, and the girls were all good girls. The community was pretty tightly knit, we all got along, and the bullying was minimal, and never went past light verbal abuse of 2 guys who really, really had it coming. We'd often go out drinking together, not clubbing or anything like that, just to someone's house(there were a couple of rich kids with really nice places) or to the beach in the summer. Everyone got along, and it was really damn nice.
If not for one guy.

>> No.7397215

>>7397201
He was a fat, introverted guy, who seemed to be really afraid of being left out, so he desperately tried to fit in. He'd hang out with people whose interests he shared even superficially, and attached himself to few cliques even though he was really an outsider in each one. He didn't really care much about other people, most of the time when he talked, it was all about himself - even if that meant having to make shit up to have anything to talk about(which happened all the time, he didn't seem to have any particular hobbies or interests he was REALLY into, just enough to keep up the conversation). Trying to make himself look good, trying to be funny - it was all pathetic, really.

>> No.7397223

>>7397215
He was a smart kid, he got into the school without having to study a day in his life before - he just got by with what he learned in class, never studying or doing homework. So when the high school curriculum started, and his natural intelligence wasn't enough anymore - he was completely unable to adjust. He rarely studied or did his homework, and since he was ashamed of not being the best anymore, he put up a front of not giving a shit. It was painfully obvious for everyone that it was fake, but he kept pressing on. His grades kept getting worse and worse the more new material was introduced, so he started skipping school - conning his parents into believing he was sick. And the more he skipped, the more behind he got. Even though his classmates tried to help him out, lent him notes and offered to teach him, he just pretended not to care and pushed them away. The only reason he didn't have to repeat any year was because the teachers did all they could to give him opportunity to pass, and he was smart enough to take it. Weak-willed, pathetic, sorry excuse for a man who wasted any talents he might have had. He tried to make himself fit in with others, even though they didn't really care and wouldn't reject him even if he stopped faking.
I hated his guts. He was utterly unbearable up until the last semester, when something happened to make him mellow out.I wanted to kill him, hell, few times I almost did.
As you should have realized by now, this guy was me.

>> No.7397232

>>7397223
>>7397215
>>7397201
That's a real nice story man

>> No.7397252

>>7397223
I sympathize with your situation

I had to make friends with material people in my school or I would get sent to the looney bin

I didn't dislike them, I just preferred being alone most of the time

>> No.7398124

I was kind of a bully the first two years of high school. Kind of gave that up though. I didn't make many friends in high school but I wasn't exactly unsuccessful. My resume was good enough so college entrance wasn't a problem. I had constant disciplinary and anger problems every single year, probably because I didn't do well when separated from family, but they got smoothed other because I went to a wealthy school. And I'm on a disciplinary committee now in college, hahaha. Looking to go into investment banking for a bit and then go back home and start up a family business.

I made an idiot of myself in high school a lot of times and I didn't make any friends or meet anyone. But I don't really regret it.

>> No.7398142

I once had a friend whose house I visited frequently. He had a little sister and one time his sister's friend and here were playing hide and seek. I went to the bathroom and when I walked out, her friend walked out after. She was hiding behind the shower curtain. I wonder if she looked at my penis.

That's the most exciting thing to happen to me relating to school.

>> No.7398161

Was fat and afraid of talking to people until I dropped out. When I was alone in my room I realized I had nothing to be stressed out about anymore. I was away from people and able to do anything I wanted, and so I did. I spent the next six years doing whatever I wanted and enjoying life. Sometime along the way I lost my fear of speaking with people and lost quite a bit of weight.

So no, my school life was not full of fun. My NEET life, on the other hand, is extremely fun and I wouldn't trade anything for it.

>> No.7398168

I always passively interacted with people I knew in high school, and everyone I talked to loved me. I have no idea why. Maybe its because I'm a decent looking guy that isn't a total douche. Unfortunately the girls that liked me I didn't much like back, and the couple of girls I liked didn't want to date at all, which is understandable but disappointing.

Not that I'm in touch with any of those people now though. I only had a casual relationship with anyone so when high school ended I didn't bother keeping contacts. What does this have to do with /jp/ again?

>> No.7398491

wow u guys r fucking fags, just man up.

>> No.7398534

Freshman year sucked. Got arrested for vandalism twice, couldn't fit in, got tormented by all the black kids in the school. Every morning I dreaded the day ahead.

Got sent to military school the next year which made Freshman year look like Gensokyo. Nothing but ALPHA AS FUCK homolusting douche bags. Got my ass handed to me on the regular.

Junior year I was allowed to move back home and I transferred to a private school where people were much nicer. It was a small school so the cliques had a lot of overlap so even though I was kinda goth it didn't seem to matter. Started smokin' weed all day erryday and had a blast. Then had a bad acid trip at a friend's house, freaked out and thought his father was trying to rape me so I cold-cocked him. He proceeded to beat the shit out of me. My parents came and picked me up and took me directly to rehab where I spent a month being told I was a drug addict.

Upon release I returned to school and a rumor had spread that I was gay. I guess because I thought my friend's father was gonna rape me while I was on acid. Also, at the same time, someone I knew got busted with pot and had turned in every person he knew in school that did drugs. He pinned the narc on me, so everyone hated me on top of being accused of homosex.

;_;

Good times.

>> No.7398551

I was normal in high school. I spent all my free time on the internet rather than ever visiting friends, though.

>> No.7398576

I always bring this up but remember having to dance with girls in gym class or whatever? ;_;

God I wish I was a girl being embraced.

>> No.7398583

No one talked to me, I didn't talk to them. Teachers talked about me not working to full potential and calling me smart when I just hid my idiocy, things like that. I slept in class and did work when I needed to. Absolutely boring.

>> No.7398599

Just thinking about it, I want to jump off a bridge.
I wonder if one day I'll manage to get back on the right track and move on.

>> No.7398601

High school started out terrible but ended great for me, then it got terrible. Anywho, long time friend left at the start of high school and I had no real crowd to hang around with, I had to join band to get fine arts credits and a family had just moved into town and their son and daughter were in band. Both liked D&D and anime, end we had a great year playing D&D and sharing manga. Second year there I got the nerve to go to the basement of the card shop I'd been going to since early Middle school. Last year they had moved in and operations were more or less smooth (showed anime on Fridays, a lot of different stuff). I kept playing D&D and going to the showings. My junior year I decided to get a job, so I started working at burger king, and the president of the anime club I was going to stepped down to run the actual card shop upstairs. So, I ran the showings and ran the register (we sold pop and stuff from asianfoodgrocer to pay rent). Junior year I asked the girl I had been hanging out with for two years to go with me to prom, and she said yes. I took all the AP and University level courses they let me and went on to senior year, where the last of the original members of the anime club were leaving for other employment or college. So I ran it most of my senior year, made orders, stocked, etc. At school kids still remembered me as the gentle giant who helped them out on homework. So, all'n all good deal. Second semester of my senior year, I finally asked the girl I had been hanging out with to go out with me. She waited a week and came back with a homemade chocolate cookie that said "yes" (still have it). Now the problem here is, while I was familiar with the leading up to a date through various anime/manga, I had nothing on what to do while dating. So we just ended up going to the same spots over and over again. The rest of my senior year flew by, all but one of my classes was college level, so it was nice to get those out of the way.

>> No.7398606

Now you've done it.

Batter down the hatches.

>> No.7398609

>>7398601
If we're counting college as school: I had the pleasure of having a frat boy, greaser, and a preacher who encouraged them both as roommates. My freshman year didn't go well, but I was still seeing my girlfriend so I had a bit of hope in that. Then that summer she broke up with me. I didn't take it well, and did something really, really dumb. I barely remember my sophomore year even though I just finished it, college life was about as great as it was my freshman year, that is to say I didn't know anyone and just went to class, cafeteria, then back to the dorm. I'm transferring colleges this year, but there is one major problem. My former girlfriend is going to the same college and its pretty small...so this year is going to be interesting.

>> No.7398613

Here I am 6 years after graduating, attending a 1.5 year school in the military. Feels bad man, what was I thinking.

>> No.7398615

>/jp/ - Blog Culture

>> No.7398618

>>7398609
>and then I fucked my girlfriend at the frat party shit was so cash bro
I can't take this anymore. I should just hide these threads from the start.

>> No.7398651

>>7398618
Na, I was hoping just to live a normal life you know. Just work, get a house, have kids, work more and die. But when she broke up with me I started browsing /jp/ a lot more and picked up a lot more figures. I was going to get a daikamura as well but I spend summers with my parents, and they'ed probably throw me out if I got one. So, I donno, if she still cares at all then I'll stop being as reclusive as I am now, but if she doesn't then I'll just get the daikamura and do what I was going to do anyway with mai waifu instead.

>> No.7398654

It was awesome.

I won't talk about it because I don't want to make any /jp/ friends become gelatinous.

>> No.7398658
File: 81 KB, 1280x544, Forrest Gump.mp4_snapshot_02.14.17_[2011.05.19_02.11.45].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I had friends once, ironically.

>> No.7399071

pretty neutral

>> No.7399150

>>7396574
aww shit man, that was always my dream. Too bad stuff like that is forbidden in my country.
I had to go to shitty classes where they taught us the alphabet after I had already read my first dozen novels ;_;

>> No.7399182

Dropped out of middle school.

Been a NEET ever since.

Deal /w/ it

>> No.7399189

>i bet /jp/'s school life was full of fun
it was okay

>> No.7399193

I went to charter schools, private schools, and was even home schooled for a year. I was only in public school for two years of elementary school and three years of high school. I never got to go to the same school for two years straight. I always had perfect grades and figured they would mean something in life, so I didn't bother trying to make friends.

>> No.7399203

got tired of it in general, dropped out during the first year of high school for about five months. Shortly thereafter I was literally dragged out of my room at 7 AM and thrown into a mental hospital. Parents refused to tell me anything and I have had no contact with a lawyer. I've lived here ever since.

shit was not cool

>> No.7399205

After a falling-out, i managed to get stalked by an ex-friend who couldn't accept the friendship was over for well over a year.

Creepy as fuck.

>> No.7399213

>>7399203

that was several years ago, by the way.

>> No.7399235

I never went to school. I was home schooled, which made me into an idiot with less than a 7th grade education. I've never had a RL friend. Going to be 21 soon so I don't care really. I'm still young

>> No.7399243

>>7399213
So you are in hospital now?

I left school when I was 14, did home schooling for 2 years (but I didn't actually do it, just played Ultima Online and did the tests I was required to do). That was 10 years ago.

>> No.7399253

I was kicked out because I stopped going one day. They thought I was depressed and demanded I see a psychiatrist and take anti-depressants or they wouldn't let me back in. My parents decided to sign the papers for me to drop out then because we are poor.

I kind of wish that didn't happen. But I guess it was already far too late to change my life even if I kept going to school. Up until recently, I've hated my life and couldn't do much about it.

>> No.7399265

>>7399243

Not a hospital, per se.

All the nurses are men.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action