[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 73 KB, 800x416, rememberremember.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7131324 No.7131324 [Reply] [Original]

I-It's not like I miss you anything, /jp/.

If /a/ is meant to be strictly for anime and manga, and /jp/ for everything else, then why does everyone at /jp/ tell people to >>>/a/ when they want to discuss light novels here?

>> No.7131332

>>7131324
Because secret club sage police, etc.

>> No.7131330

Light novels go on /a/.

moot agreed, because he's a gigantic faggot who has no idea what he's talking about.

>> No.7131336

Because most people who want to discuss light novels, e.g. Index, Haruhi, Bakemonogatari, Kara no Kyoukai; are only familiar with them via their anime adaptions and not their light novel forms at all.

>> No.7131334

moot said LNs belong in /a/.

Namely because he has no idea what the hell a light novel is, but he still said so.

>> No.7131337

tjpg;dr

>> No.7131341

Because every single one of them are animu quality and later become animus themselves. By animu quality I mean everything is the same shitty shit.

hope I helped ya

>> No.7131342

>>7131330

So what was the point in making /jp/?

Considering there are already multiple vn threads on /a/, and light novel discussions, and Japanese videogame discussions, the only purpose that /jp/ now serves is to stalk Japan's Imperial Royal Family's princess, have Touhou imagedumps, and discuss sex toys, all of which could be done on different boards.

>> No.7131350

>>7131342
So moot wouldn't have to see threads he doesn't like in /a/.

>> No.7131352

>>7131342
This is the touhou board with the occasional VN/Otaku fetish thread

>> No.7131355

>>7131342
>So what was the point in making /jp/?
Are you new? If /jp/ wasn't created /jp/ content would overrun /a/, instead of XXX anime general you would see power level threads and ronery meta threads.

>> No.7131356

>>7131342

>multiple vn threads on /a/

To be honest, they don't have nearly as much discussion.

For instance, regarding F/SN, we've had several two hundred post long threads of arguing about Shirou's motivation in Heaven's Feel (and whether or not Sakura is a good girl by extension), while /a/ mostly has Saber imagedumps and GARcher appreciation.

>> No.7131362

>>7131342
>So what was the point in making /jp/?

So that /a/ could provide a buffer for us by being overrun by infinite summer in place of us being overrun.

The buffer failed.

>> No.7131364

>>7131355
>you would see power level threads and ronery meta threads
But those threads are already on /a/.

Let's be real, moot created /jp/ for Touhou and VNs because he thought those were detracting from the quality of /a/. That, like most of his ideas, ended up being competely wrong and now he covers his ass by denying that he even likes anime anymore.

>> No.7131365

>>7131355

But there are already shitloads of ronrey and powerlevel threads.

>> No.7131374

>>7131365
>>7131364
I'm aware of that, if /jp/ was still around these threads would be more frequent, and longer in post counts. It'll quickly displace whatever semblance of a culture /a/ has than when /jp/ and /a/ are separated.

>> No.7131375
File: 110 KB, 1242x630, picrelated.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7131355

Go on /a/, see this.

>> No.7131379

>>7131375
>come on /jp/
>start a touhou thread
>sage sage sage sage reported sage sage sage
>come on /jp/
>touhoue threads
>no fun allowed

>> No.7131383

>>7131379
You are coming to /jp/ twice fucking retard. Also you are shitposter, get out.

>> No.7131387

I post LN threads here, ignore the sage and just post it here and talk about it.

Seriously.

>> No.7131391

There is a country were the sports of Soccer and Ice-Hockey thrives and is the most usual topics at the town’s local sports-bar.
Inside that bar however there is a group who has a certain interest of the sport Baseball and they discuss it gladly within the bar even though the nation doesn't even has its own baseball team.
After some time however the fans of Soccer and Ice-Hockey tells the Baseball fans to take their shit elsewhere.
The Baseball guys thinks that the Soccer and Ice-hockey fans are exaggerating but things wont cool down and the Soccer and Ice-Hockey fans complain to the bar's owner Moot.
Moot seeing as how it could damage his business and him not being a fan of baseball himself decides that something should be done.
He doesn't want to lose the baseball customers though as they are still a steady income for him, so he builds a Baseball bar right across the street for them.
The Baseball fans go "Hey, what the hell? But ok, perhaps this is for the better and it is still a bar" so they move into the new Bar.
There they have plenty of interesting discussion about Baseball and their community thrives even though it is small.
They start to raise funds and they start to organize themselves in order to make Baseball more popular and more access able, so they help in tidying up and fixing real Baseball fields, so that the sport in fact can be played, unlike before.
Times goes by and the popularity of Baseball grows as more people start to play it as there are now local fields were one actually can play.
With the popularity of Baseball increasing more and more people checks out the local Baseball bar, and the regulars of the Baseball bar likes how more people can enjoy Baseball.

>> No.7131390

>ignore the sage
>sage sage sage sage
Hahahaha. Get out.

>> No.7131389

>>7131374
Those threads were around before the split, they were still around after the split, and they persist even now. The major difference is that in addition to ronery threads on /a/, there are now numerous, terrible, and ever-continuing general threads.

>> No.7131395

>>7131387
>I shitpost and nobody can't stop me!
Go make another 4 /v/ threads, will you?

>> No.7131397

Things actually goes so well so that the country gets its own official Baseball team and the team even sets their goal on the highly respected tournament coming up.
With this the popularity grows even more and more people starts to become regulars of the Baseball club and it is all good, but all of a sudden, unlike before there are also a bunch of jerks who have started visiting regularly, to the old regulars dismay. They don't bother learning baseball rules and are just bandwagoning faggots. They are glory hunters and gloat whenever their team wins, much to the dismay of the true die hard baseball regulars.
The regulars ignore them and all things goes well for Baseball and the official team happens to go to the final. With all of this being good the regulars feel happy, but the number of jerks that have filled up the baseball bar is incomparable to before, and they all feel a bit sad about it, but as the price of Baseball gaining popularity it is just something they has to bear, that is all.
When the tournament is over though they all scream loudly from happiness when their team actually wins the final, but at the same time they hear strong voices from across the street.
One of them decides to pay the old sports bar another visit, and it turns out that they have been following the Baseball tournament as well.
And with this all of the Baseball fans simply goes "What the hell? I thought that was the reason for why they didn't want us there" and it confuses them all.
Lastly, due to the popularity of the bar, it was renamed with a catchy and huge sign and it now attracts faggots who always passes by the Baseball bar and leaves multiple soccer balls there.

>> No.7131400

>>7131389
What I'm trying to say is, with /jp/ and /a/ still together such threads would be rampant. With the split came a lull period for both boards. How many /jp/-ers here can resist posting in a shitty/troll/meta thread?

>> No.7131401

>>7131391
It's called football, faggot, I wish you'd kill every mmo/jrpg/croatia shitpost thread like this.

>> No.7131404

Hooray! Another pointless meta thread!

>> No.7131408

The split was over making /a/ about solely manga and anime again. The experiment failed due to the steady increase of post speed back in /a/. Just like /v/ before it, it settled down into appealing to the lowest common denominator for all involved, a few islands of discussion lost between the many, many superfluous threads.

/jp/ was meant to take the miscellaneous topics that were related to many boards but had no place there. Slowly we grew from that idea and became an embittered bastion of elitism in the hopes that we would avoid the problems that plague the other boards. It's failing as well.

Don't know if things would have been different without the split. The collapse of /a/ was inevitable, the split only accelerated the outcome by dividing a userbase that should have stuck together in the face of the random crap that permeates /a/ now.

At least we got this board out of it. It might not make sense for outsiders, but we have carved our little niche. Some say that the attractive part of the board is not the topics themselves but the userbase. It's hard to replace the exact flavor of discussion you can expect here. I don't even know anymore, sometimes I feel hopeful for the board, the rest of the time I wonder if it would be easier to go with the flow and post for my own selfish amusement.

One thing is for sure after all this rambling though. The board will never be deleted.

>> No.7131411
File: 40 KB, 279x277, 1287879412555.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7131387
>ignore the sage
You've been slipping man.

>> No.7131415

>>7131404
You're just a nihilist.

>> No.7131420
File: 151 KB, 625x561, 1237394890510.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7131401
This is /jp/ not /eu/.
サッカー do you know it?
Yuropfags out please.

>>7131387
You are part of the problem if you think sage is an insult or a problem. Perhaps you should stick with /v/ with your vidya threads.

>> No.7131423

>>7131404
It's not pointless when you can listen to great music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy_xbXIJ898

>> No.7131425

>>7131408
Ah you make it sound so optimistic like theres hope yet replies like
>>7131397
and posts like
>>7131085

really make me think /jp/ had failed.

>> No.7131429

>>7131383
Don't you mean 'a* shitposter'?

Start a Touhou thread later, and without samefagging it, tell me it gets 200 replies. More like 20, most of them sage replies, and that's if you include some kind of troll reply samefagging. If you don't, it will get 4 replies, 2 of them sage, and fall straight to 404.

You're most likely going to get replies by being a tripcunt and dumping 1 single character without including much discussion. The more words you use in a thread, the more likely someone will accuse you of being a troll or shitposting or simply just decide to greentext you and then sagebomb the thread with aikido.

>> No.7131430

>>7131342
/jp/ is the Touhou board. It's the defacto rule now. Anything non-Touhou is offtopic fringe bullshit that should be banned.

>> No.7131441

>>7131429
There is not wrong with sage for fuck sake. Sometimes I post with same out of habit or because I don't think my post is relevant enough.

Please forget this retarded "sage is bad" mentality of yours.

>> No.7131451

>>7131441
There would be much less stupid conflict and frustration across all of 4chan if people understood sage and used it correctly. Also if they accessed more than just page 0 of the board. But it's hoping for too much.

>> No.7131450

>>7131425
Oh, don't misunderstand. There is no hope left except for maybe extracting another couple decent seasons out of the board. It's all going down south quickly and unfortunately, my own actions only accelerated it.

>>7131429
sage is not so bad here, the board is slow, there are far less people here, imagedumps are not discussion because everyone can get their fix easily from the sources, and so on.

I think you're wrong. I don't think you've had a good feel of the board so far, confusing superficial observations with facts.

>> No.7131449

>>7131430
Nope. Visual novels and doujin games is what goes in /jp/
Touhou is just one popular doujin game, but it had so many spammers in /a/ that it probably pushed moot over the edge to make /jp/

>> No.7131453

>>7131423
I prefer listening to http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8991467 whenever I see a metathread. It seems to relieve my tension.

>> No.7131455
File: 55 KB, 525x235, getoutofjp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7131420
/jp/ =/= japan
Get out of /jp/ amerifat

>> No.7131461

>>7131342
>all of which could be done on different boards
In case you haven't already noticed, everything that has been discussed on /jp/ since the day one could have been done on different boards.

>> No.7131463

>>7131451
noko+sage. None of the confused outsider anger.

>> No.7131464

/jp/ olev meta

in during 300+ replies and continuation on the ghost board

>> No.7131467

>>7131441
No one on /jp/ uses sage properly.

The copypasta says it's out of some humble respect, but you only fucking use sage because in your mind the thread is /a/ or /v/ or arbitrary-bad-flavor-of-the-month board and you don't want it to be discussed and you sage because you want it to 404. Don't even fucking try to deny it.

Of all the shit quality, and all the elitist self-imporance on /jp/ how can you even try to justify sage as humbling, and not something you do because you dislike a thread.

>someone posts a touhou waifu thread
>sage replies, reported, "back to /a/", get out anon
>post world of tanks thread
>200 replies thread 30

>> No.7131470

>>7131461
Technically, everything belongs in /b/, but that doesn't mean you'd want no other boards, especially since /b/ is so fast and has such a varied userbase that would be unsuitable for more niche subjects, hence why you have /a/ and /jp/. /b/ is too general, so /a/ exists. /a/ was too general, so /jp/ exists. /v/ is too general so /vp/ exists.

>> No.7131472
File: 147 KB, 500x500, 1292164333117.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7131455
Are you perhaps upset that I associated your precious "soccer" with /a/ shit?
Go back to /sp/ and bring your soccer with you.

>> No.7131480

>>7131467
I use nokosage with every single post I make, because I think most of my posts don't warrant a thread bump.

It's just polite, if everybody did the same when they shitposted one-liners, the front-page would be considerably better.

>> No.7131475

>>7131463
I use it in every single post I make on every board, thanks to /jp/ for teaching me it a few years ago. But I still like to sage on /jp/ since this is the only board left where you can do so without instant derailment.

>> No.7131481

>>7131464
Highly probable. I'm on a meta mood for some reason and could use some discussion with the rest of /jp/.

While we're on the topic, can we please just make peace with the idea that moderation won't be steady for another couple of weeks when hopefully native janitors will be assigned? Because more distressing than the useless threads laying around or some just disappearing for no good reason, is having to read how upset you get over the mod actions. They can't help it.

>> No.7131484

>>7131467
You are fucking retarded. I'm not going to tell you to abandon your logic of sage from other boards again. Goodnight.

Here, have some nokosage so you don't backpedal about it.

>> No.7131490

>>7131467
I used to sage every post I made on every board, simply because I get anxious when people read my post. Thanks to worthless pieces of shit like you, however, I have been forced to use nokosage so I don't get called an asshole or something equally retarded.

You wouldn't understand this, however, as you are trash. Get the fuck out of /jp/, you pointless shitstain.

>> No.7131491

>>7131467
>Don't even fucking try to deny it.

Well that clears things up nicely. I'm glad that there's someone around to tell me why I do things. Just how do you get into my mind to realize this, though? It's remarkable. There is no need to bump the thread so everyone can see this shitty post, so I post it while using the command "sage", that way I can get some satisfaction out of saying what I want without suggesting that I find my irrelevant comment on an irrelevant topic should be placed above other threads that are more related to the board.

>> No.7131502

>>7131490
I sagepost all the time and nobody ever cares. Don't give in to disgusting nokosage.

>> No.7131510

>>7131472
It's you who mentioned it in the fist place, why are you backpedalling now, oh wait, sorry, you amerikans can't pedal because you don't know where your feet are.

>> No.7131514

>>7131467
The problem is that you think the sage is an attempt to make it die an ignoble death. It's more of an action to let the thread fall off the collective radar and keep living for up to 36 hours (once again, slow board) on the upper pages.

I've always seen it as a compassionate move. "I have suffered the blight that is this thread, I do not wish to push it on my fellows" for negative sage usage. "I would like to share something, but don't feel like it adds enough to warrant a bump" for regular sage. Alternatively, "I am highly interested on the topic and wish to discuss it further. I just don't want it to dominate the front page for those that are not interested on it at all".

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but at least that's how I use my sage. It's never about anger.

>> No.7131518

>>7131491
Stopped reading at spoiler tags.

>>7131490
I think I do understand. You don't need to insult me. I'm not retarded. You're just socially inept and anxious that people read your words, and now resort to saging without saging because you're afraid of the consequences on an anonymous imageboard. Makes sense.

>>7131484
SAGE SAGE SAGE

>>7131480
That's very humble of you.

Look, guys. I'm saging a metathread (because I'm humble).

>> No.7131519
File: 57 KB, 434x426, 1292164168474.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7131467
>you want it to 404
You are fucking stupid.
Go click page 15 for /jp/ and look at the timestamp.
The only way we can get it something to 404 is to press ! which is what I am doing now.
You should go to other board instead of /a/ since you are visibly upset from the way you are posting. Most people go to 4chan to take it easy and be witty, not to get mad.

>> No.7131526

>>7131518
Good. The discussion will probably continue as it falls down the pages and it won't be an eyesore for everyone on the front page that don't feel like joining yet another meta thread.

>> No.7131533

>>7131514
No, that's all correct. There's no need to keep certain threads plastered on the front page. Actually if you really enjoy a thread you should wish to keep it off of the front page, as it attracts less whiny idiots and opportunistic "trolls" that way.

>> No.7131534

>(Sage goes in the E-mail field)
At least you're being kind enough to have a retarded name so it'll be easy to filter you.

>> No.7131535

>>7131514
I see it as an insult, showing someone that you think their thread is shit, etc. Of course, during obvious trolling I can understand it. From my perspective, anon thinking he speaks for everyone else by saging a thread he sees as shit is kind of arrogant. However, I do like the thoughtfulness of anon on /jp/ from time to time.

>> No.7131537

>>7131534
Actually it's for the people who don't seem to know where to write sage. They seem to put it in all fields, or write sage as a reply and bump the thread. It's kind of a friendly reminder, and I'm not here for attention or to make angry autists any more angry. Please have a nice day.

>> No.7131545

>>7131533
The problem is it takes just one bump and the effort is wasted.

>> No.7131550

>>7131537
How about you just fuck off? Go fight for your paedophile acceptance in /a/ or something.

>> No.7131556

>>7131545
You do know that bumped threads are easily pruned when nazi mod is around? He probably removed bumping function of posts in this thread.

>> No.7131553

>>7131519
He doesn't know this because he's from off board from a board that's fast enough for things to 404 in less than 3 days, like /v/ (which isn't surprising, there are other obviously off-board bad threads in addition to this one on /jp/ currently).

This in addition to his definition of sage, and for anyone who wants to avoid crap for saging, just nokosage, it works wonders.

(Sage goes in the E-mail field) is an obvious troll and anyone replying to him with honest arguments are wasting their time, even if he was proven 100% wrong, he wouldn't stop. why? boredom? who knows.

>> No.7131557

>>7131535
You can see it as an insult all you want, but that doesn't actually make it one. I find it far more arrogant that you would presume to speak for everyone else here who uses sage by saying something like, "but you only fucking use sage because in your mind the thread is /a/ or /v/ or arbitrary-bad-flavor-of-the-month board and you don't want it to be discussed and you sage because you want it to 404."

It actually boggles my mind how you can make such an ignorant statement and then proceed to talk down about "arrogant" people who attempt to speak for everyone else.

>> No.7131559

The problem is the abundance of newer people; moot said himself that there was too much to put up with. Those people are generally too small minded to lurk. It's like if you threw the most ignorant big-mouthed Amedikan in a foreign country, they probably would be found dead with their head on a pike.

There might as well be that facebook registration thing cavas has since 4chan has become more of lolsocialnetwork.

>> No.7131563

>>7131553
Indeed, it is boredom. But also the idea that maybe this will spread the concept of sage as not an inherently evil and rude thing to the other boards.

I can only take so much of being bitter towards the outsiders you know. Sometimes it feels like one must educate and turn them into productive posters instead of responding with bile and arrogance.

>> No.7131564

>>7131545
It's not really any effort though is it? You're correct of course, but even a few seconds shaved off from being on the front page may help, right? If enough anons do it, maybe it isn't totally in vain. You know one of the biggest problems with this site these days are people who complain "but I can't refresh so-and-so board without seeing X threads about Y bawwwww", so, maybe it is to dodge the fire from such idiots.

>> No.7131584

I clicked on /a/ a couple of days ago and there was a dubs general thread that got 50 replies in 15 minutes. How the HELL did the /b/ infestation get so bad there? I only go on /a/ for Strike Witches, Jojo and Hidamari threads.

>> No.7131612

>>7131584
For one, we left. It allowed for a switch on the userbase on as little as a year. It was quite the catastrophe to witness...
Also, the board is the third fastest board. It attracts everyone and with higher number, the lowbrow amusement supersedes actual discussion.
One liners and shitposting is the only way to keep up with a board where by the time your long reply gets through there are 20 more replies and nobody has the time to read through all you wrote.

In other words, they got huge. Past the critical poster numbers required for a successful board, it's all downhill. A shame the split couldn't stave off that slide into mediocrity and "lol check my amusing post number"

>> No.7131613

>>7131584
Maybe the bitter and elitist people that now inhabit /jp/ acted as a good newfag deterrent? and that the vacuum in members brought in the crap you see there now?

>> No.7131662

Well, I guess that's that for discussion today.
As always, it's a pleasure to talk things through with you gentlemen.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action