[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 20 KB, 400x300, 1211881447924.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
713065 No.713065 [Reply] [Original]

So I'm always trying to find the best way to tag my Japanese/Touhou music (especially doujin stuff that usually doesn't have track titles translated to English anywhere) and I still can't come to any real conclusion on how to do so. I use both iTunes and foobar and a bit anal when it comes to tags, so this has always bothered me.

What does Anon do? Do you re-tag your files using the english alphabet if you can or do you just leave them in Moon Runes? What about for Groups when tagging Touhou stuff? For example if you have an album by group Cool&Create do you tag the artist under Cool&Create, or under the song specific artists. If you leave your tags in moon runes and don't read Japanese how do you navigate through your stuff? For those who change song titles to English, what do you do if you can't find a translation for the track name?

I need to find a better way to tag than I am doing now, preferably one that scrobbles correctly to last.fm, but is still navigable knowing that I can't speak/read Japanese. Any suggestions or guidelines for tagging would be appreciated.

*pic unrelated

>> No.713083

I'm too lazy so I leave them in moonrunes

>> No.713082

I listen to real music as most asian stuff is crap.

>> No.713091

1) Learn Japanese
2) ???
3,4) Etc.
5) PROFIT.

>> No.713134

I leave them in moon. My portable mp3/ogg/etc player supports moonrunes just fine, and foobar (mostly) does, so..

>> No.713155

>>713148

Trial and error for me.

>> No.713148

>>713134
Okay, but then how do you navigate through them? Lets say you have 25 albums with titles in moon runes on your mp3 player; how do you find the album you're looking for if you don't read Japanese?

>> No.713175

>>713148

Memorize the general look of the first kanji of any song you want to come back to. You don't have to be able to reproduce it, just tell it apart from the other kanji. This is what I did before my weeabooness overcame my aversion to hard work and I started learning moonspeak.

>> No.713169

It's not like they don't sneak in enough English words in the albums titles.

Those damned reverse-weeaboo groups.

>> No.713178

I tag meticulously everything in moon. It's just easier to use foobar library then.

>> No.713188

My MP3 player does not suport moon runes

boxes and shit everywhere

>> No.713207

I just leave everything in moon runes. Unfortunately, if I want to convert them to micspam format for Source or HL1 games, I need to rename everything using alphanumeric characters (file names, that is).

>> No.713235

>>713065
I used Winamp's auto tagger to tag my music, it's pretty awesome. It helped a lot when I tagged the huge Touhou music torrent.

>> No.713240

UTF-8

>> No.713259

>>713188
Get a player that wasn't made by a nigger, nigger.

>> No.713388

k

>> No.713450

Don't rely on tags, just keep your folders really organized.

>> No.713469

On lunix you just need to set the locale to utf8. I leave it all in Japanese, and I use easytag to convert EUC/SJIS to UTF8. If the encoding is unknown (will show only ???) I will look the album up on google and fill it in manually.

Then, in cmus, I sort by album name, so it doesn't matter if the album has multiple artists, it will always group together.

>> No.715122

s

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action