[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 34 KB, 658x569, inigo1..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7077605 No.7077605 [Reply] [Original]

>sage

>> No.7077607

I still laugh at how 4chan doesn't understand what sage means.

If only I knew moon so I wouldn't have to spend time on a board that imports foreign concepts and then DOES IT WRONG all the time.

Using sage as a way to "insult" someone's post or thread is just completely wrong and a retarded misuse of a good feature that is so popular in sites like 2ch and Futaba. Fuck, iichan and 4-ch do it right. It's just 4chan and 4chan's lame knockoffs that fail at using sage.

The true meaning of sage means that YOUR POST isn't worthy enough to bump the thread. It's ironic, because you think that you're insulting others while you're just, in fact, insulting yourself. Yes, sage can be used when posting a derogatory comment in a thread that you don't want to bump, but posting with just the word "sage" accomplishes nothing but contribute to spamming the board. The trend of replying with the name of a tripfag and sage is even worse, as it accomplishes nothing and only serves to increase the e-penis of whoever you're "attacking".

The sage feature was never meant to serve as an implied insult or general disagreement! Why people started using it that way is beyond me. There are plenty of reasons why one would choose not to bump a thread with his reply. For example, bumping threads with stupid one liner replies should be discouraged and those people should be coerced into using sage instead.

I want to use sage, yet I almost never do it on 4chan because people will jump on me thinking I'm insulting their post or something.

>> No.7077612

I still laugh at how 4chan doesn't understand what sage means.

If only I knew moon so I wouldn't have to spend time on a board that imports foreign concepts and then DOES IT WRONG all the time.

Using sage as a way to "insult" someone's post or thread is just completely wrong and a retarded misuse of a good feature that is so popular in sites like 2ch and Futaba. Fuck, iichan and 4-ch do it right. It's just 4chan and 4chan's lame knockoffs that fail at using sage.

The true meaning of sage means that YOUR POST isn't worthy enough to bump the thread. It's ironic, because you think that you're insulting others while you're just, in fact, insulting yourself. Yes, sage can be used when posting a derogatory comment in a thread that you don't want to bump, but posting with just the word "sage" accomplishes nothing but contribute to spamming the board. The trend of replying with the name of a tripfag and sage is even worse, as it accomplishes nothing and only serves to increase the e-penis of whoever you're "attacking".

The sage feature was never meant to serve as an implied insult or general disagreement! Why people started using it that way is beyond me. There are plenty of reasons why one would choose not to bump a thread with his reply. For example, bumping threads with stupid one liner replies should be discouraged and those people should be coerced into using sage instead.

I want to use sage, yet I almost never do it on 4chan because people will jump on me thinking I'm insulting their post or something.

>> No.7077613
File: 16 KB, 215x225, wtH's macro is best macro.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>use nokosage
>/a/ /b/ /v/ babies don't get mad

>> No.7077608 [DELETED] 

How's mad now?
Face it, you guys don't know how to use sage.
Reported and hidden.

>> No.7077614

Who's mad now?
Face it, you guys don't know how to use sage.
Reported and hidden.

>> No.7077615

>>7077608
>How's mad now?
I'm doing well, thank you.

>> No.7077618

>>7077608
>How's mad now?
What?

>> No.7077619

Your Japanese spirit is wavering, OP.

>> No.7077626

>>7077618
The same guy from yesterday. That guy from /v/, I remember you. You're trying too hard

>> No.7077629

sage

>> No.7077639

>>7077608
matt who?

>> No.7077641

sage

>> No.7077662

Hi. Just visiting from /a/

>> No.7077681

>>7077626
Are you saying moi is from /v/?
Sacre dieu

>> No.7077698

>>7077681
suigin you are really cute and i like you, i wish we could be friends in real life. would you consider to like me too

>> No.7077704
File: 69 KB, 614x575, 1210454965421.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7077706

>>7077698
no

>> No.7077719
File: 160 KB, 717x585, 1296087977427.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7077704
More like

>> No.7077728

>>7077706
>implying you are suigin

>> No.7077737

>>7077728
no

>> No.7077954

Well, since our newfriends don't know what sage does. I'm going to put it simple:

Putting "sage" on the "E-mail" field makes your comment to NOT bump the thread on the front page and does NOT stop "bumping it".
Is it something good?
Yes it is.
Why?
Because it stops the massive traffic on the front page. The excessive traffic is a big problem on every [popular] board.
If you make a thread on (for example) /a/. Your thread will be on the second page in less than 10 seconds.
Is it something bad? if someone uses "sage" on my thread, should I take it as an offense?
No and NO. The sage option is something very useful to mantain the front page open for new threads and to respect other threads. In fact is a smart move to contribute with your community.
Should I use "sage" more often?
If you want to have a clean board and ignore the stupid threads, yes.

And one more detail. A board has more than the front page (but I bet that you don't even care due to the excessive traffic on your board) and you should use them too.

(You guys should use this as a copypasta)

That said. Stop arguing about something you don't know and start being more strict with the members of your boards instead of shitting on us.
And saying the word "sage" on a thread is stupid and a way to confuse the people and start an argument, as far as I know no one on this thread has said it yet. But just in case.

>> No.7078008

Expect the police sometime today.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action