[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 236 KB, 1000x714, touhou_image443.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7073590 No.7073590 [Reply] [Original]

Good evening, /jp/!
I know nothing about Touhou and I'm not really interested on playing, but I'm trying to understand the fandom a little!
Pick a character from the series and give me your best description of her!

>> No.7073594

I like Konata because she is a otaku like me, except she has friends. Oh god I wish I had friends too ;_;

Konata also likes videogames and she is kawaii. And there are lesbians in the show and that's good because I like lesbians and I will never have a girlfriend. Why am I such a loser?!

Konata is like my dreamgirl she has a :3 face I love that. She is also nice why aren't real girls nice!? I got dumped a lot of times but I love konata and she wouldn't dump me because she's so nice and cool.

We would play videogames all day and read manga and other cool shit like that, and I would have sex with her because sex is so good. I wish I could have sex with a girl.

>> No.7073595

Meiling wears pants, non of that fan service bullshit.

>> No.7073598

http://www.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki
Now kindly delete your thread, please.

>> No.7073600

Suika
http://gensod20.host-ed.net/classes01.htm#drunken_master

>> No.7073601

>>7073598
Why should he? It's fairly on topic, and it doesn't lower the quality of this board.

>> No.7073614

Sanae: GATHERING FAITH ONE COCK AT A TIME
Youmu: SUCKING SOCKS AT 1/4TH THE SPEED OF LIGHT
Aya: SUCKING COCKS TO BRING YOU NEWS
Yuuka: TOO RUDE

>> No.7073618

>>7073601
Implying we have room for more secondaries.

>> No.7073621

>>7073601

That's the problem.

>> No.7073629

If you want to discuss the fandom
>>>/gaia/
>>>/shrinemaiden/

/jp/ is only for primaries who ironically shitpost with slut threads.

>> No.7073630

>>7073601
I'd say it greatly improves the quality of /jp/. Such is the average quality of the threads.
But whatever, now I'm probably gonna be called a secondaryretardnormalfaggot.

>> No.7073643

>>7073598
I'm sorry. Reading from the wiki sound boring and impersonal so I wanted to know it from the guys that play it...
I'm not aware of secondaries or whatever, it seems like I came on a bad day?

>> No.7073648 [DELETED] 

I'd like to note that the Touhou fanbase can be pretty intolerable towards new members or changes.
But anyway:

Sikieiki Yamaxanadu:
Judge of the Dead. Uses her mirror rod to judge souls based on their deeds. She is fair and equal when making these judgements, regardless of human society's norms. She is of average height with green hair and wears complex garments.
Poorly depicted in fanon.

>> No.7073654

>>7073643
Then play the games.

>> No.7073656

>>7073643
If you want to learn about the characters and fandom you need to play the games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKEWAqHgUe8

The video description has download links for every game in the series, including PC-98 with a working emulator.

There is very little information from each character that you can really gather from secondhand opinions or fan works. You learn more about each girl from the way she moves, her shot types, her bombs, and her danamaku patterns and spellcard names.

Just play the games and you'll learn more about the characters than you ever could from reading or watching video's.

>> No.7073657
File: 149 KB, 256x512, eikisama.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'd like to note that the Touhou fanbase can be pretty intolerable towards new members or changes.
But anyway:

Sikieiki Yamaxanadu:
Judge of the Dead. Uses her mirror rod to judge souls based on their deeds. She is fair and equal when making these judgements, regardless of human society's norms. She is of average height with green hair and wears complex garments.
Poorly depicted in fanon.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that her skills in danmaku are pretty good. And picture if you have not seen her yet.

>> No.7073665

>>7073656
That's actually a lie. I don't play the games but I understand very well the fanon and canon of the series. He's be trolling OP.

>> No.7073662

>>7073643
Okay, I'll help you out.

Imagine you went to a literary meet about Dostoevsky's book The Brothers Karamazov. I am assuming you have heard of this book, at least.

Now at this meet, you haven't read The Brothers Karamazov, but are interested in the characters. You don't give a shit about the plot, about the style the book is written in, but are just interested in which character is the good guy and which is the bad guy, the protagonist and antagonist, as it were.

So you're told to leave and go read the wikipedia article on the book.

Just replace a few terms for Touhou.
Understand?

Now get the hell out and go read a wiki.

>> No.7073667

What is wrong with you people? Tell the poor faggot to lurk more and be done with it!

And what's this bullshit about primaries and secondaries? Like shitting up the userbase for longer gives you some kind of special privilege, even though your posts are shit and you still don't have a fucking clue.

>> No.7073668

>>7073657
Shikieiki is a good example of a character you can only really get to know through PoFV. Fanon has butchered the hell out of her character, and contradicts a lot of her character. (fuck you IOSYS)

>> No.7073669

>>7073643
Secondaries is a derogatory term used by members of the upper crust community to describe fans of Touhou who have barely played the games.

And a lot of shit happened in the past several hours too.

>> No.7073670

>>7073665
No, he isn't.
But if you don't play the games, you obviously don't know what canon is.

>> No.7073675

>>7073670
I read the wikis and that alone provides more info than playing the games will ever do.

>> No.7073680

>>7073675
Truth be coming out of this Anon.

>> No.7073681
File: 31 KB, 291x400, karnov.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7073662
Brothers Karnov? I love that game!

>> No.7073688

>>7073675
How could it when wikis lack pictures of their danmaku, when you can't experience how they shoot, how they move, and, in some cases, even what they say in the games.

You're the bookworm arguing that you know all about fighting because you read martial art books.

>> No.7073689

>>7073675
>"You learn more about each girl from the way she moves, her shot types, her bombs, and her danamaku patterns and spellcard names."

Okay.
you can tell a lot from a character by the way her patterns unravel and what colors she uses. That's not something you can get from a wiki with a small screenshot of it.

>> No.7073698

Yuyuko

she dead

>> No.7073701

>>7073698
she buried under her favorite tree.

but she don't know that.

>> No.7073718

>>>/cgl/4224953

I bet this was you, OP. Just play the games.

>> No.7073721

>>7073688
You don't need to experience it. You can google a video or even a description and it can provide a better description than your mind can make at that instance. And goddamnit we're arguing about canon, not playing the game. It's not like martial arts and books.

>> No.7073748

Read the wiki. Even if you don't intend to play the games and only enjoy the fandom, at least read the fucking wiki.

Even if you play the actual games some personnalities are kinda obscure and this always lead to massive bullshit and insulting people.
So tell me primaries, is Flandre kept by force in the basement or not ? And I don't even want to ty asking about her personnality.

>> No.7073783

>>7073748
I dunno, read the manual ?

>> No.7073804

Cirno is the strongest

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action