[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 1.31 MB, 1240x877, 13493323.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7016742 No.7016742 [Reply] [Original]

Maybe I should kill myself.
The thing that I have feared the most has happened, and I got too apathetic to even enjoy my hobbies. I stopped following current anime with this season, I don't feel like reading manga or playing almost any games, and my mood is never right to play VNs. For years already I've struggled to force myself to draw and write, which are things that are most important to me - but for some time I've become unable to do any kind of prolonged creative activity at all.
And I have no money to follow my other hobbies.
I spend my days lately browsing random websites on the internet and playing my online shooter of choice(since I can just enter a trance and not think about anything, letting the hours pass me by while shooting off the heads of random strangers).
Not even /jp/ is amusing lately - it got a bit... better recently, but at the same time more boring.
I don't feel particularly bad or depressed, nor do I think my life is sad or stressful. But everything is just so... tiring.
I should be looking for a job, but I know that even if got one that I can do, it's going to be a dead end - and getting a job isn't easy anyway. Not to mention working just to find myself in the same country, in the same city, in the same house 20 years from now just feels futile.
Is there something like a pathological laziness?
I don't know.
I do not believe in God, afterlife, or Gensokyo - but I hope there's something like that, for it would make the world more interesting.
But the void wouldn't be that bad either.
Not that bad at all.

>> No.7016754

>Maybe I should kill myself.

Not a bad idea.

>> No.7016757

Are you me? I'm serious.

>> No.7016760

That's depression. You say you don't FEEL depressed but depression doesn't feel like short-term sadness.

You basically listed textbook symptoms: you don't have energy, enjoy activities you used to, no motivation, etc.

Find a psychiatrist and tell them what you told us, they'll practically throw medication at you. Worth a try, maybe your outlook on everything will change.

>> No.7016764

>>7016757
I'm not the OP, but I feel similar.

>> No.7016766

>Maybe I should kill myself.
Stopped reading there

>> No.7016778

My thoughts exactly

>> No.7016788
File: 552 KB, 1067x800, 8314297_p0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When you were younger, you know when they said everyone was special? They lied.

You know when they said everyone has a talent? They lied about that too.

Working hard lets you achieve your goals? Nope, it doesn't actually work that way.

Face it, you failed at life and now you're asking other people what you should do. Has that actually ever worked out for you? Really? If so, then why are you in that situation now? Excuses.

The reason everything seems so tiring and pointless is because you don't actually believe it yourself. You're just doing what society expects of you. It needs losers so there are winners. Learn to think for yourself.

>> No.7016797

Shooting is barren,at that all.
Should I take something.
Future is not disclose.

>> No.7016808

>mailto:jp@blogculture.co.jp

>> No.7016819

Exactly how I feel.
100% spot on.

>> No.7016821

>>7016742
Very excellent story my friend. Either way, /jp/ is not your blog. Reported~

>> No.7016826

DO IT!
BLEACH PORTAL THREAD FAGGOT!

and FUCK YES YES YES I'm squealing with joy for this thread!

>> No.7016827 [DELETED] 
File: 774 KB, 1280x720, [CrunchySubs] Kore wa Zombie desu ka - 07 [720p].mkv_snapshot_05.34_[2011.02.21_15.14.08].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

/jp/ - Suicide Hotline

>> No.7016832

>>7016764
same here

>> No.7016845 [DELETED] 

>>7016760
I don't think I can do that.
I'm not the poster child of social anxiety like some people on /jp/ - as long as it's passing contact with other people, I don't have much trouble overcoming my inhibitions, and even if something stresses me out I usually can hide it really well.
But going to a psychiatrist, and talking with them about my problems is something that even the thought of fills me with anxiety. I have a hard time with any kind of one-on-one situation like that, unless it's someone I know well - going to the doctor or a dentist, even buying a cellphone on contract in person was extremely hard for me.
Also, it's not like it's recent - it's just intensified, but I've been like that whole my life. In middle and high school I constantly faked illness, not because going to school stressed me out(after the initial month or so I got to know the people well enough to get over my anxiety), but because it was so bothersome. It was also one of the reasons I dropped out of university three years ago.
I'm extremely lazy and weak-willed, and since I was a pretty smart kid and no one ever told me "you must've worked hard" when I was a kid, only "you're so clever" I never learned to actually work hard towards anything. I find it extremely hard to keep interest in anything if I'm not immediately good at it.
I do not hate myself, but I do not think that my prolonged existence
>>7016788
I'm not from the states, no one ever told us we're special when we were kids here.
Much the opposite.
I'm also not really asking for advice(though who knows, maybe I'll find some), rather using /jp/ as a place to vent and sort my thoughts.

>> No.7016850

I have no energy to do anything.. I've given up entirely on building any sort of relationships. So I just end up sleeping and browsing /jp/.. *sigh*

>> No.7016855
File: 77 KB, 453x435, 1298675424981.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I felt something like that little time ago, fortunately I have a job (Btw, I must be studying instead of posting here).

You surely feel so, for any bad situation.

And you don't get out of that situation because, due that feeling you are playing a shooter, and browsing random website, instead of doing something for fix the problem (For example, seeking a job, or studying).

It's a cycle.

Depending the situation, you are going to need to force yourself to make anything different, like other kind or hobby or search other type of job.

Visit the psychiatrist is good idea, but surely you don't have the money for.

P.D.: But if you don't believe in gensokyo you are probably helpless

>> No.7016857

>>7016760
I don't think I can do that.
I'm not the poster child of social anxiety like some people on /jp/ - as long as it's passing contact with other people, I don't have much trouble overcoming my inhibitions, and even if something stresses me out I usually can hide it really well.
But going to a psychiatrist, and talking with them about my problems is something that even the thought of fills me with anxiety. I have a hard time with any kind of one-on-one situation like that, unless it's someone I know well - going to the doctor or a dentist, even buying a cellphone on contract in person was extremely hard for me.
Also, it's not like it's recent - it's just intensified, but I've been like that whole my life. In middle and high school I constantly faked illness, not because going to school stressed me out(after the initial month or so I got to know the people well enough to get over my anxiety), but because it was so bothersome. It was also one of the reasons I dropped out of university three years ago.
I'm extremely lazy and weak-willed, and since I was a pretty smart kid and no one ever told me "you must've worked hard" when I was a kid, only "you're so clever" I never learned to actually work hard towards anything. I find it extremely hard to keep interest in anything if I'm not immediately good at it.
I do not hate myself, but I do not think that my prolonged existence has any merit to anyone, including myself.
>>7016788
I'm not from the states, no one ever told us we're special when we were kids here.
Much the opposite.
I'm also not really asking for advice(though who knows, maybe I'll find some), rather using /jp/ as a place to vent and sort my thoughts.

>> No.7016858

You have to buy the schematics for my patented cranial implosion helmet.

>> No.7016876

The thought of killing myself has been on my mind every day, for some years now.
All I can say is that I'm not there yet. Probably some more months or maybe even years, who knows?

The advice I can give you is that it gets much easier once you give up hope that things are going to get better. Just endure life as best as you can, I'm sure you will know when your time comes.

After all, you're not afraid of death anymore, right?

>> No.7016893

Find a new hobby.

I took up programming. There's no feeling of satisfaction quite like when you get those pixels moving across the screen.

I'll try out gardening this spring, too.

>> No.7016901

>>7016876
I am. I probably will never overcome that fear. Or the fear when I realize I have no influence over my existence.

>> No.7016906

>>7016742

>Not even /jp/ is amusing lately - it got a bit... better recently, but at the same time more boring.

Better? Yeah, you need to hurry up and kill yourself. Take all the juvenile fucks with you when you go.

>> No.7016913

>>7016857
>I find it extremely hard to keep interest in anything if I'm not immediately good at it.

I KNOW that feel, seriously. Do it ANYWAYS. Don't let that feel beat you! If I managed to do it with Japanese, you can do it with anything.

>> No.7016918

>>7016893
Once you realize that things like hobbies (and whatever else you come up with to waste your time) are just other forms escapism that don't really satisfy you, you're back to square one.
You ask, what else is there? Surely, there must be something more?
Tell me once you find that something.

>> No.7016922

I don't seem to recall all these mopey, bitchy, emo threads on /jp/ in 2008... Did all of you turn into faggots or something? I thought /jp/ was proud to be freakishly fucked up and perverted...

>> No.7016928

>>7016922
Are you kidding? /jp/ was created to get the ronery and bawww threads out of /a/.

>> No.7016930

>>7016922
Every NEET thread was at least 30% regret and depression. I don't know where you've been, but surely not on /jp/.

>> No.7016936

Try Buddhism, OP.

>> No.7016942

Useless...it's all useless!

>> No.7016947

>>7016918
There is death. What can be greater that resting and taking it easy until time immemorial?

>> No.7016952

>>7016918

There is no such thing as "escapism" because there is no fixed path in life to escape from. Do what you want.

>> No.7016958

>>7016947
I'm scared of hell

>> No.7016964
File: 34 KB, 453x614, thispicturealwayscheeredmeup.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7016876
I've never been afraid of dying.
When I was a young teenager after doing something extremely stupid that I thought would ruin my life I was pretty close to killing myself - but I realized that there's really no point doing it. If I'm ready to kill myself, why would anything at all matter to me? I decided to just take it easy and it turned out that thanks to some great people it wasn't that bad after all.
The difference is now I don't really enjoy taking it easy - it's not that I feel I failed my life, am afraid that it's going to get worse, or anything like that - it's just that I don't really feel like living anymore, since there's nothing worth living for.
I've watched my grandfather, who when he was younger lived for work and a bit of social interaction, slowly turn into a vegetable, wither and die - not because of his illness, but because he didn't have anything to live for.
I really don't want to die like that.
>>7016906
Moderation got stricter in the past few days, I often see last page or two gone. That's an improvement, right?
>>7016893
>>7016913
If I were able to do that I wouldn't have a problem.
>>7016918
Once your basic human needs are satisfied, there is nothing left in life but "escapism", is what I believe. There is no inherent meaning to anything, meaning is only in the things you hold dear for yourself, no matter what they are.
And that's all the meaning that needs to be there.
For life to be worth living you only have to find and hold on to those things.
I can't.

>> No.7016967

If you feel that way then maybe you should.
But what is the point of feeling at all if you are destined to kill yourself?
Then again, maybe you don't feel. Maybe you're just a figment of my imagination.

>> No.7016968

>>7016952
There is.
You're born, you die.

Everything else you do is just trying to escape from that, or waste your time till you reach the final destination.

>> No.7016970

>>7016928

I honestly don't remember... I do remember people bitching about fringe games and weird shit like diapers and dolls showing up in /a/ though. Maybe it's because all the ronery threads I recall were rather light-hearted and had nothing to do with being a perpetual suicidal teenager.

>>7016930

Well, there's NEET threads and then there's NEET threads... I seem to recall threads devolving into arguments about lifestyle and funding rather than dumb kids bitching about how much their life sucks and how they'd like to kill themselves. Don't you remember some of the amazing rage in currybutt threads when the NEETs would clash with the working folks?

>> No.7016971

>>7016928
>>7016922
/jp/ is for people with mental problems.
If you don't like these threads, you should go to /a/.

>> No.7016972

>>7016952
There is still a harsh reality which we call the human experience. It is shared by all of us no matter one's path. Escapism exists as an attempt to defy that.

>> No.7016983

>/jp/ - Nihilism General

>> No.7016985

In japan's TV say NEET should die or milla.Playing SMism.I can't understand this perversion way.

>> No.7016997

>>7016968
As a transhumanist I reject the concept of death.
I believe that heaven is an entity which we can reach in the next millenium.
I welcome immortality and a reality in which I have complete creative control.

>> No.7016998

>>7016964
>And that's all the meaning that needs to be there.
>For life to be worth living you only have to find and hold on to those things.
>I can't.

That somehow got to me.

>> No.7017001

>>7016947

Nah, sometimes the only thing pushing me to keep on living is the desire to see the next day.

>> No.7017008

>thread

It's like I'm really 13 and angsting out to my Korn CDs again.

>> No.7017009

OP, I feel the same way you do.
I wish I was deluded enough to be religious. These people seem to be happy, at least. ;_;

>> No.7017019

>Checks mail
>Find out its a troll
>See tons of pointless replies to a troll
That's fucking neato.

>> No.7017021

>>7017019
Everything is a troll.

>> No.7017023

>>7017008
>poster
It's like I'm really 13 and watching hipsters and trolls on /b/ again.

Grow up and hide the thread.

>> No.7017024

>>7016971

Nope, you stupid fucks just hijacked it. Anyone who lives here should be able to see that.

>> No.7017025

>>7017019
That was a joke. Irony, if you understand that concept.

>> No.7017029

>>7017009
I'm religious and unhappy. I can't kill myself because hell scares me.

>> No.7017031

>>7017019

Threads don't revolve around the original post, you know.

>> No.7017039

>>7017024
>Anyone who lives here should be able to see that.
>Lives here
>implying people who LIVE on /jp/ aren't mentally ill

Sup normal.

>> No.7017042

>>7017019
I wasn't trolling, I was merely acknowledging and playing with the anticipated >/jp/ - Blog Culture kind of response.
>>7017009
They're not.
Or rather, it's not a matter of religion, it's all only a matter of personality.
A lot of religious people live in fear and anxiety, brought on either by the fear of punishment if they don't do right with their gods, or perceived threats to their religion.

>> No.7017050

I used to be like that until I started playing gigs with my band, there's not a lot I enjoy more than playing music to a crowd of people.
Get an old second hand bass guitar or something, it's easy enough to pick up the basics and bands always need bassists.

>> No.7017057

>>7016742
>>Not stressed/depressed
Just wait a little longer

>> No.7017060

>>7017039

So you're calling me mentally ill just because I spent most of my mid 20s and early 30s on 4chan, and then exclusively /jp/? Fuck you too, buddy...

>> No.7017063

Move to the countryside.
I found my mind clearing up once I was away from the the oppressing, disgusting city I used to live in.

>> No.7017072

>>7017063
Rural areas are very lovely in a way, I can vouch for that. Cities do feel oppressive. But, faster internet...

>> No.7017077
File: 356 KB, 1100x804, 16470569.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7017063

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cs8G_mY8jE

It doesn't help that someone mentioned Korn earlier.

>> No.7017086

>>7017077
OH GOD WHY IS TENSHI SO ADORABLE

>> No.7017098

>>7017077

Oh god.... sounds like hipster shit.

>> No.7017118

>>7016826

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj4c8FeqR4s

>> No.7017119

buronko-san says I'm no gay.
waros

>> No.7017132

As a living organism you will be failing on the most fundamental level. The sole goal of any biological lifeform on the individual level is the continuation of its own life. I'm not saying killing yourself is objectively wrong, nor am I trying to suede you from acting out such There is no ultimate purpose or point to life. Compare humans to any other animal, we exist for the same reason - environmental success as a species. Only difference being we are capable of comprehending the true meaningless of life of a universal scale.

Unlike you, I hope to survive long enough to the point where anti aging drugs are synthesized and made available to the public. From there my goal is to live biologically until it becomes technologically possible to recreate and have complete control over virtual/created worlds within one's own mind. I will be the king of the animes.

From there, I don't even know. I'd really like to see man's gradual expansion into space and eventual exploration of the universe. But all these fantasies are completely dependent on the aging cure being created within my lifetime. If it doesn't happen I wont be too disappointed.

>> No.7017139

>>7017132

I'm with you.

>> No.7017147

>>7017132
Of course you won't be disappointed.
You'll be dead.
It's very hard to be disappointed if you're dead.
Unless you're a disappointment zombie, who feeds on the unlikely expectations of others.

>> No.7017159

>>7017132
>But all these fantasies are completely dependent on the aging cure being created within my lifetime.
Yeah, I know a lot of you guys read a lot of Scientific American and Slashdot, but seriously, give up on this one. We don't even have hover cars yet. We can't even shift away from fossil fuels. Ability to stop aging, it's not going to happen in this lifetime.

>> No.7017161

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A65Ok9WjOdE

>> No.7017181

This is my life and I cannot live.

>> No.7017183

>>7017159

But surely it will happen in the next lifetime, so everyone kill yourselves now so we can try again!

>> No.7017192

sittin in a room of darkness
emptines lies within me
as i sit alone an wait
red blood tears run down
my pale white face
why wont he reply
wat hav i dun?
so now im sayin
i stil luv u
but cant hold on
these feelins hav taken ova
sucide on my mind
i luv u
but the pain runs in my veins
sorry for hurtin u
but now i mus go
u b in my soul
which wil b far away
but as a shadow
i'll b with you.

>> No.7017194

>>7017132
But there is only experience yourselves.If it is better or worth.And being "空".

>> No.7017195
File: 86 KB, 869x800, 1297975933804.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7016742
Maybe you should shut the fuck up, stop complaining about your shittty life, do like the rest of us and deal with it.

It's what we call "grow up".

If you decide to end with your life, I respect your decision, but firs think about it twice, and then, if you want to do it, do it silent.

>> No.7017203

Nobody likes me
everyone hates me.
Everyone at school
loves to be cool.
But me,
I'm just an evil sour pea.
I'm always alone,
but it's bad to the bone.
During my self-mutilation.
it brins along suffication.
It is like pain,
but I gain anyway.
When I lose,
It's like an old fool.
Even though I cry,
I will never say Good-Bye.
People lie,
but it's as small as a fly.
They don't care if I go,
I might as well just blow.

>> No.7017206

>>7017195
>grow up
and stop seeing the world for what it is.

Ain't reality great?

>> No.7017209

>>7017147
Well yeah, no shit. By writing that I really meant to express my indifference to my own life.

>>7017159
Aging is not something that just magically happens. It has never before been seriously looked at as a treatable condition.

Just watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iYpxRXlboQ

Again, no guarantee this will be around in our lifetime but having an open mind to the possibility isn`t exactly unreasonable.

>> No.7017212

>>7017159
Not to mention it will never be released to public. Seriously, imagine the overpopulation crisis if it's suddenly available to everyone.

>> No.7017214

>>7017195
>It's what we call "grow up".
Growing up is horrible. Grown ups are horrible.

>> No.7017215

>72 posts and 5 image replies omitted. Click Reply to view.

Fucking christ, /jp/.

>> No.7017216

A sorrowful girl weeps in her pain
a soul as cold as the hands of the dead
her triumph falls in this pitiful vain
a heart as heavy as sinking lead

her blood boils to pure hate
her anger rises above humanity
many are unaware of their fate
she has fallen to her own insanity

she grabs a razor from her table
strides out from her empty home
many have placed on her, a label
Stuck, only, always all alone....

She says the world will feel her sorrow.....

>> No.7017221

You guys scare me every time.
What kind of sick man would actually want to live forever?

>> No.7017227

These knives are softer than broken dreams
Blood and tears are on the floor
I can't remember a time when I was good at something
I wear this tigersuit 'cause I'm a fuckin' lamb
Blood and tears are on the floor
I start to lick 'em
They're my daily bread.

>> No.7017233

>>7017159
None of those technologies really require one to have the other.

Hover cars are a bad idea anyways. People have a hard enough time driving on the ground without smashing into each other.

>> No.7017234

>>7017221
If you have something worth living for, why wouldn't you want to live as long as you could?
It's not like you can't kill yourself when you get tired.
>>7017209
You forgot having to cure cancer first.

>> No.7017244

Humans can undergo cryopreservation, in the hopes that immortality can one day be figured out. I'd imagine that shit's expensive, though.

>> No.7017260

>>7017244
Ice crystals ruin the tissues. If you think you can bring a puddle of goo back to life then good luck with that.

>> No.7017255 [DELETED] 

Quantum immortality, you sad sack of shit. -I- might not able to see you survive every manner of death defying leap, but you sure as shit will be able to.

>> No.7017272

>>7017255
Say what?

>> No.7017276

Life is tiring. Both on the body and the mind.
Even if you could fix the first, what would you think you could do about your brain eventually getting overloaded with information?

>> No.7017281

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go&feature=related

Listen this song, it will help.

>> No.7017285

>>7017272
Please disregard anything anyone says about quantum physics outside of a scientific journal or a textbook.

>> No.7017287

>>7017212
If we as a species become ageless we consequently would get a whole lot more accomplished. Schooling and training take up well over a fourth of the average professional`s life, which leaves only 30-50 years spent in actual practice. The sheer amount of time and reasources we`d save from training would be immense. The implications of an ageless population are fucking immense.

At this point it is technologically possible for us as a species to use the earth much more efficiently. I see no reason why we couldn't maintain an active population of 10-30 billion on earth if major changes were set in place. And as technology evolves we will be capable of so much more. Look into nanobots.

>> No.7017297

>>7017281
atleast post the NiN version you sack of shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0bZtf5MCzY

>> No.7017298

>>7017276
Nanobots, of course!

>> No.7017307

>>7017281
>>7017297
While it didn't really help, I didn't hear the Johny Cash cover before, and it was pretty damn amazing.
Thanks.

>> No.7017312

Our purpose is to destroy the environment we live in, like a bacteria infecting its host and spreading until the host dies and the bacteria can spread to new hosts. We're doing a pretty fine job of it.

>> No.7017315

>>7017298
I'm scary reign of nanobots.But no pain.funny

>> No.7017338

OP, what are you going to do now?

>> No.7017345

>>7017338
He went back to
>browsing random websites on the internet and playing my online shooter of choice

obviously.

>> No.7017363
File: 294 KB, 775x725, 4589035.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7017338
One of the anons did remind me of something I wanted to do in the past, and I think I might try that - in a situation I'm in the factors that stopped me before don't really matter.
Failing that, continue my apathetic existence as usual.
I'm not in a hurry.
Getting it off my chest to anyone, no matter how uninterested was a bit... stimulating? See, attention whoring is good for you! But I doubt it will last.
And once it gets worse, I won't hesitate.
I realize that I don't really have a reason to.
I won't bother you anymore, at least.
Shall I delete this?

>> No.7017366

>>7017363
I say leave it up for a bit. We haven't had many of these threads around for a while so it shouldn't be a problem.

>> No.7017372

>>7017363
Good luck. I hope you find happiness.
If you don't, I'll see you in the next neet thread.

>> No.7017373

Why is everyone in /jp/ so nihilistic anyway?

>> No.7017379

>>7017373
Too much time to think about life tends to result in Nihilism.

>> No.7017384

>>7017379
So nihilism is the absolute truth? At least if we accept as a fact that the most consideration will lead to the final answer.

>> No.7017393
File: 105 KB, 642x482, MessageFromTenshi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7017404

>>7017384
I think you confuse Nihilism with Existentialism.
Nihilism holds no truth, or even acknowledges the existence of "truth".

>> No.7017411

Jesus christ, what are these threads for? Yes, you probably should kill yourself. There's not much of a reason for you to exist if you can't even enjoy anything. Nothing to discuss.

>> No.7017412

>>7017404
Nihilism isn't a singular unified philosophy.

>> No.7017420

>>7017411
But he CAN enjoy something, all he needs to do is grow a pair and go to a psychologist or psychiatrist, who are, I might add, completely non-judgmental in every way, and tell them he is fucking miserable.

If he can't do that, or if that doesn't help anyway, then it is indeed time to an hero, because the purpose of life is enjoyment and without that there's nothing.

>> No.7017422

>> No.7017425
File: 498 KB, 1001x750, 11b2e8c2b39285a5658e7b09e3b600c3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey OP,

I have been in your situation before.

This lack of interest and direction often comes from repression of angst and regret. I was suicidal for several years.

Some things that have helped me alot are:
exercise. And I'm not talking about the boring shit like "going to the gym" I'm talking about finding a local mountain and hiking it. You don't need to eb very fit to climb a mountain surprisingly. It takes longer if you are out of shape, but just bring lots of water, a bit of food, and take lots of breaks.

The feeling of having climbed a mountain is amazing; It makes you feel like you have accomplished something, as trifling as it sounds. Physical exercise does lots of incredible chemical effects for your body. From reversing depression, to increasing efficiency in everyday tasks (not simply due to better physical health, there is a profound effect on the mind's ability to focus and concentrate), to appreciating things in your life more.

As rewarding as it feels to slide into the niche that is the stereotype of otaku/neet, try stepping into a bit of exercise, and get outside a bit. The body is affected heavily by intake of sun. Seasonal depression is shown to be directly coordinated with amount of sun received (in actuality it has to do more with some mechanism involved with Vitamin D production in your skin, but the variables are interchangeable minus a constant to convert the two).

>> No.7017429
File: 368 KB, 1000x1000, 4315058cd60e0caea2ad7098b05f12fd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7017425
part 2

As for the repressed angst and regret, find someone IRL or even online, and just talk to them about it. Cry, let it out, i'm serious if you aren't feeling emotional when talking about it, find someone else. You can and will just repress the emotions until they come out if horrible ways later, unless you get them out healthily.

As for internet addiction, I can guarantee you that i the next 10 years 100s of studies will come out with detailed information about this plague for our generation. I think it's important to have some time during the day where you just do something without a computer of electronics involved at all. Otherwise you become so accustomed to this hyper activation of your senses that nothing IRL, and eventually online, can satiate your drive for satisfaction for any length of time.

I feel for you bro, and let me tell you its hard to get out of that feeling. But the first step is to make a few small changes, have 20 minutes in the day where you do something in a completely different room from any electronics. Walk to the grocery store and back to get food. Find a local forest and just go for a little exploration. If it gets boring, just sit down and see if you can observe anything interesting. watch the clouds, see if you can find any little plants starting to grow.

>> No.7017434
File: 83 KB, 720x480, 1262228861243.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7017429
part 3

Finally, this is all good and fine, but for many people in our situation this comes from being mislabeled as introverts. I have over a dozen so called "introverts" that I have met online or IRL that I have helped come out of their shells and embrace activity outside their own personal single person activities. Some have come crying to me afterwards about how much better it made them feel after a year or so of doing stuff together.

Try and find a community in which you can be a part of. Not just a forum where you have the comfort of anonymity, but something where you can be held accountable and be appreciated for your interactions. Whether its a club, or a fansubbing group, or a exercise group, or just a friend who you watch anime with/play games with in the same room just give it a shot. Everything helps.

>> No.7017448

sup shinji

>> No.7017459

Once you realize your life is overall irrelevant to the universe at whole and our existence is tiny, insignificant, and fleeting, you stop caring so much and just take it easy.

>> No.7017470

>>7017459
See(picture&filename):
>>7016964

>> No.7017482

Stop leeching off your parents or w/e the hell you do and fucking get a job you lazy bitch.
Or else just go kill yourself, yeah. You're probably a burden on the people around you anyway.

>> No.7017516
File: 110 KB, 600x600, 27b65db57809649d7f68ba106625c8fo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>114 posts and 10 image replies omitted

>> No.7017592
File: 7 KB, 161x133, can't take it easy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>115 posts and 11 image replies omitted. Click Reply to view

>> No.7017954

>>7017420
>completely non-judgmental in every way
Who the hell do you think you're kidding?

>>7016760
>Find a psychiatrist and tell them what you told us, they'll practically throw medication at you
Most prescription drugs are made to force certain chemicals into certain balances in the body - which is never healthy, and will eventually cause the body to be unable to function properly without it. Yes, I do have first-hand experience. Yes, I was forced (as a minor, when I couldn't legally make decisions) to take a lot of different crap. Yes, I felt a LOT better overall after I stopped taking that shit.

Don't depend on medications unless absolutely necessary.

>>7016742
>and I got too apathetic to even enjoy my hobbies
Been there, done that. Turns out that my interests had simply changed. Go try something that you were apathetic to before now. And try forcing yourself away from all your electronics for 24 hours - read a book or something.

>Not to mention working just to find myself in the same country, in the same city, in the same house 20 years from now just feels futile.
Maybe you should move, if possible.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action