[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 37 KB, 500x297, d675ede798ame530.jpg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6959401 No.6959401 [Reply] [Original]

Why do I suck at lucid dreaming so much? Even after realizing that I am in a dream, I can't control the world and I'm still pretty much at the mercy of my subconscious.

Once, I had moderate success. Appearing in my bed, I realized that I could breathe even if my mouth and nose were closed. After some visualizing, I got my waifu to appear across the room! I get up, walk toward her...and as I pass the mirror, the little fear in the back of my mind causes a huge screaming face to pop out, jolting me awake.

>> No.6959419

Lucid dreaming is not easy, period.
I've been experiencing it for over two decades or so and I've never expected to have complete control over everything, it just doesn't work that way.

>> No.6959422

DON'T LOOK AT MIRRORS IN DREAMS, EVER.

Also, you might want to try during the day so sleep paralysis doesn't scare you for life.

>> No.6959427

Do you talk to girls often? I think that maybe if you were more comfortable around girls you wouldn't be having this problem.

>> No.6959431

I've been trying but I've never had control. The best I get is I'm really aware of what I'm doing

>> No.6959457

I was once able to summon an object in half dream state where I couldn't see. I could just barely feel it before I was awake.

>> No.6959469

I once managed to dream about Gensokyo and realize I was dreaming. Basically just flew around meeting all the crews. Shit was cash. Never managed to have that much control in a since.

>> No.6959485

I once had a dream about Yume Nikki. When I eventually made the mental connection between being in a dream and being in a state of dreaming, I achieved lucidity for all of two seconds before waking up. Such is life.

>> No.6959496

I once had a dream that I was Miku and I was sitting in a room (looked like a segment of a hospital waiting room) alone. Eventually the dream changed into something else that I don't remember, but shit man for a minute or so I was MIKU

>> No.6959502

>>6959422
What's wrong with mirrors in your dreams? Whenever I look in them I see a "reflection," but I'm kinda weird looking.

>> No.6959515

My nightmares usually involve my computer dying. I'm probably the biggest loser ever

>> No.6959525

>>6959515
I think computers represent a lot of childhood nightmares. Particularly error screens.

>> No.6959530

>>6959515
No way man, any true man would be devastated by a broken computer.

But speaking of dreams, I tend to have mostly sad dreams. No nightmares, but I always end waking up with tears in my eyes. Feels bad man.

>> No.6959538

I found out the other day that getting hurt in dreams can sometimes hurt in real life. A lot

>> No.6959543

take some acid

>> No.6959548

Most of my experiences with lucid dreaming involve being chased by a "Quantum Killer". I'm 99% positive that he's real and that he would extinguish my existence if he managed to reach me. Every time I manage to realize "Shit, this is a dream!" and start flying towards a light while he's chasing me.

I'm pretty sure it's another self of mine. I've often thought about absorbing my other selves if I were able to traverse dimensions.

>> No.6959549

>>6959515
Buy a notebook and make backups and you'll never have those again.

Also stop thinking about LSD, lucid dreaming is supposed to be less bizarre than actual dreams and that "game" is just batshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flqI_J9qsEk
If you really want to feel stoned play Pilotwings 64. Seriously.

>> No.6959550

>>6959422
You know, couldn't the fact that so many are terrorized of looking at mirrors in dreams be how everyone tells you to not ever do that? Maybe your subconscious keeps telling you to never ever look at one of them because something bad will happen if you do, which causes you to try looking and seeing the horror because of that.
Then again, it might be because since things never happen how they should in dreams and you just know that you should be seeing yourself when you look at a mirror, when you see an abomination in one of them and realize that such a thing should be you, you enter some kind of panic or something like that... which leads us back to the previous point.

Oh god I think this is the most confuse and poorly worded post I've ever written, but I hope at least someone understood what I tried to say.

>> No.6959575

The other night I realized I was dreaming for a moment. I was walking around a mall with Patchouli. I saw Yuka standing near the exit doors, but her dress was blue. I tried to talk to her, but she ran outside and turned around the corner. I thought to myself "this is a dream, I bet I'll run outside to look for her, but she'll have disappeared." I go outside and of course she's gone.

>> No.6959579

>>6959550
Mirrors never really bothered me in my lucid dreams,
it's always more of the type of emotional responses that the people around me are having.
You could look like a stud but if people are reacting negatively to you in your dream, the appearance side doesn't mean shit.

I've had both lucid dreams where I've been a super stud and over self conscious, both directions obviously affect the overall mood and construction of the plot line

>> No.6959603

When I go to bed I hope I die

>> No.6959610

>>6959422
I've done the WILD method several times. Even my first bout of paralysis wasn't so much frightening as odd. I'm so used to it now that I find the vibrations relaxing. Granted, I've never had screaming bloody hallucinations like some people claim to.

As for becoming lucid: Work on your dream recall. Being able to vividly remember your dreams is the first step to being able to control them.

Controlling your dream: When your subconscious is doing the driving, it's pretty easy to just go with the flow. But when I'm lucid, I find that trying to materialize or change things right in front of me rarely works. However, my mind seems to have no problem with me doing things just out of sight. Try visualizing whatever you want as around a corner, behind a door, or even just close your eyes first. Also, the more you try and control, the more difficult it's going to be. Let your subconscious craft the environment, and just focus on whatever your goal was.

Staying lucid: My first few dreams, I woke myself up just because I was ecstatic I had achieved lucidity. Focus on a goal, and go to it. Spinning on your own axis, and rubbing your hands have been shown to preoccupy your brain while lucid, and help prevent you from waking up. Also, beware of false awakenings. If you suddenly wake up, do a few reality checks, like trying to read text or clocks. I've woken up several times only to realize I'm actually still asleep. If you know you're still asleep, you can chain it back into another dream.

But above all, take it easy. As odd as it sounds, the more you obsess over it, the harder it is to do.

>> No.6959612

Well, although I have a hard time lucid dreaming, I have a fairly easy time getting Touhous into my dreams, and I only write down my Touhou dreams into my journal.

My last Touhou dream was my 36th. I'll post my entire log in upcoming posts, along with some tips that would help you get Touhous into your dreams.

>> No.6959621

>>6959550
I guess that makes some sense. When I first started reading about dreams, people mentioned a lot of things that never really applied to me. Some people say it's impossible to read anything in dreams, but I've had a lot of dreams where I can read signs and writing on objects. It usually changes if I look away and come back, though. Another one is light switches not working. I've had a few dreams where I've turned off the lights to be able to hide in the dark, and others where it's incredibly dark and I find a light to turn on.

>> No.6959627

Question: Sometimes when I'm really tired and going to bed I will end up hanging halfway between sleep and awake for a short while. I can sort of daydream about things and the sleepiness will make me feel/hear/smell/etc them, IE: if I touch a rock I will actually feel and remember the texture on my fingertips when I wake up and whatnot.
People seem to reference lucid dreaming as a full immersion controlled dreamstate, is that what I'm experiencing?

>> No.6959641

>>6959627
Yes, that's about right. What I'd like to know is if it is possible to "fully dive" into that role.

>> No.6959646

>>6959603
It's none of my business if you want to commit suicide. But do it somewhere else. I will be a Mnemonicide at all costs. I don't need you to stand in my way

>> No.6959649

TIP: Wake yourself up in the middle of the night (alarm clock or something) and fall back asleep. It will help your conscious mind make the leap to your subconscious

>> No.6959658

>>6959610
Definitely a full time lucid dreaming bro post here

>like trying to read text or clocks. I've woken up several times only to realize I'm actually still asleep.

Oh man, that feeling when you are completely aware within the dream and take precautionary steps to not fuck things up. Sometimes it is such a fragile a line and other times it's fucking ridiculous how many purely realistic tests you take still don't prove yourself to wake.

I thought I should mention this because it seems so simplistic it may help others get into the basic levels.

I've found that cutting off blood flow is an excellent way to send your brain into a lucid or overcompensating level.

I recall so many times where I'd awake from a lucid dream and my arm was numb of I was sleeping with my arms over my head. I know it sounds trivial but just the difference in circulation of blood can put the brain in a more alert state than just pure rest.

>> No.6959663
File: 58 KB, 538x461, emotism.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6959603

>> No.6959666

>>6959401

I've been trying to lucid dream forever. I hardly ever remember my dreams and if I do I'm not aware of it when it's happening

>> No.6959667

I'm not the only one who sometimes dreams about 4chan, am I.

>> No.6959668

>>6959667
I don't dream about 4chan but I dream about video games all the fucking time

>> No.6959674

>>6959666
I was at at point where I could remember every dream I had every night but I could not for the life of me trigger anything.

I have a notebook full of dreams.

>> No.6959676

>>6959674
I'm at that point right now. At least dreams are still entertaining, even if I can't control them. I find myself looking forward to bed just for them

>> No.6959684

>>6959667
Had a few of them, some times after heavy heavy posting days. A couple of extremely annoying ones where the stop motion and dissection of time was so unbearable.

>> No.6959688
File: 1.21 MB, 1600x1200, 13780461_p0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6959603

Don't mind me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY3LAFJbKyY

Sometimes I wonder if anybody visits these links I post.

>> No.6959694

>>6959688
I do, but since I never see the relevance to the discussion I always immediately exit.

>> No.6959704

Have any of you had really bad sleep paralysis while trying to lucid dream?

>> No.6959709
File: 116 KB, 800x450, 13628324.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6959694

>always

All the time? But I post them for your enjoyment, Anonymous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEQnzs8wl6E
Don't mind me.

>> No.6959711

People say it's good to work on your dream recall but ever since college started again, my alarm clock keeps cutting my sleep off and waking me up abruptly, and I just can't remember a thing after that. I used to get a few entries on my dream journal, but they stopped completely.

It's kinda sad because the concept of being the little overlord of your own mental space is something I've always been interested in. Now I'm just stuck in my own reality.

Whoa, that's pretty deep.

>> No.6959718

I feel that lucid dreaming is my last chance to find happiness in my life

>> No.6959728

>>6959711
You aren't getting enough sleep if you alarm clock is interrupting dreams.

>> No.6959735

What I find fascinating is that in your mind you dream for a really long ass time. Any dream you can remember probably lasted less than 10 seconds in real time

>> No.6959762

You can try making/buying one of those lucid dreaming goggles, see if that helps:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2027990/make_a_lucid_dream_mask_for_3/

Also, you should practice awareness training and such to get into a habit of regularly checking out dream state in your everyday life. Wouldn't hurt to read more about the literature on it, either: http://www.lucidity.com/

>> No.6959765

I regularly cover my nose about mouth until I need air. If that carries over into my dreams, I will still be able to breathe and realize it's a dream

>> No.6959775

>>6959728
Unfortunately, life waits for no one.

>> No.6959827

Here we go. Finally got them all typed up and ready.

1: My first Touhou dream. Cirno and I started "wrestling" and she eventually became a dominatrix.

2:During a FPS adventure, I remember entering a building and saw some sort of new Touhou game on a screen on a wall,, it had a 3dcg Marisa who took up most of the screen.

3:I remember controlling a 3D Sanae using an Xbox360 controller. You had to hold up and X to make her run up walls. She had the ability to jump on the enemy's head to defeat them.

4: During the end of another FPS adventure, I remember seeing Touhou characters appearing as holograms. The only one I really remeber was Kanako and her full chest.

>> No.6959830

5: Yuuka kissing me.

6: Reimu had a home in a large city, and I went to visit her. You had to sing the "Niko Miko Reimu" song for her to open the door, but I figured out that she wasn't there because there was a note near the door that said that she was at the market. I then walked over to Marisa's shed, which was right next to Reimu's home. I remember seeing a Yukkuri Marisa rolling around.

7: During yet another FPS adventure, as I was trying to get inside a restaurant to escape from someone shooting me, Remilia came out of the entrance and blocked me from going in for a moment.

Later on in the same dream, I was running down a street, and there were fairies, and a weird Yuuka doll standing up on the corners of streets. I remember one of the dolls meant death.

8:During a weird dream, I remember a picture of Cirno flashing in front of me when a boxing match was about to start.

9: The was a Futa Suwako who was raping Sanae.

10: There was an energy drink that made Cirno powerful. Sunnymilk, Lunachild and Starsaphire went to drink it, but I drank the rest of it before they could.

11: the was a radio made out of fans and copper wire. Sanae had something to do with it, but I can't remember what.

>> No.6959833

12: While I was driving in a city, I notice a fast food restaurant called "Alice and Margatroid's" I stopped there and ordered something.

13: Something to do with Sanae, I don't quite remember.

14: Something to do with Kanako, I remember her making croissants like in that one picture.

15:I remember playing Touhou with Reimu with the needles from Mountain of faith, but it had super improved graphics and instead of enemy fairies, there were robots.

>> No.6959837

Large entry next. 16:

>>6507255
During a weird dream, I was Batman for a moment, and I was helping Robin out of a red crate in the sky, but the the "Camera angle" moved slightly, and I could see Yuuka climbing on the crate. Batman then put Robin back inside the crate and threw it down to the ground as fast as he could, in an effort to save Robin. When the crate hit the ground, Robin turned into a rubber fish, which I picked up and filled with water at a nearby stream. Apparently, that made too much noise, because Yuuka came down and snapped Hercules's neck (the one from the Disney movie.), which caused it to "reset" back to where I was filling the fish up with water. I then tried to do it more quietly, and when nothing happened when I filled it up, I squirted Yuuka while she was in the air with the water.

Second half of 16 next.

>> No.6959838

>it had a 3dcg Marisa who took up most of the screen.
>The only one I really remeber was Kanako and her full chest.
>5: Yuuka kissing me.
>You had to sing the "Niko Miko Reimu" song for her to open the door
>9: The was a Futa Suwako who was raping Sanae.

I am so sorry. What's it like knowing these are so prominent in your subconscious?

>> No.6959843

>>6959838
Feels weird, man.

More coming up.

>> No.6959844

It then turned into this weird game where Yuuka and I were facing odd against each other from on the ledges of my shower in my bathroom, but the shower was about five miles wide. I remember it had something to do with easy buttons on the side of the wall, and there was attack and defense points. Initially, she had way more attack and defense than me, but neither of us attacked for a while. Yuuka then attacked and killed Batman, and I began to panic. I began to search all along the walls of my bathroom to see if I could spot her, and for some reason, while Yuuka was on the walls, I thought she was supposed to look like a golden, glowing scarab. She eventually appeared behind me, and asked how I had become more powerful than her. She then struck at me with something, and didn't do any physical damage, but once she hit me, she checked these weird consoles that were inside my bathroom. She then said that this "wasn't right.", and that she was going to kill me. With that, she started smashing all the consoles and easy buttons. For some reason, I even started helping her. When the last easy button came around, she was right in front of it, and I felt ready to die. However, she said that it would be nice to rule over Hercules and Greece (I had become Hercules) so she came to a screen that looked like it was from the Hearts of Iron "do you wish to make an alliance" scree, that had a picture of some mountains on it. When she hit "accept"m her request was denied, she then turned around and starting walking towards me, then the dream ended.

>> No.6959846

>>6959844
this is the second half of this:
>>6959837

17: During a weird dream where I was 007, I remember Chen and Ran talking to each other, and that Chen had to be picked up by her parents at 12 in the morning. They then began to talk about asking Yukari to gap more time for them to play.

>> No.6959849

18:During a weird dream where I was flying a jet plane and shooting down other planes, I remember landing and going inside some sort of prison that was very dirty. Inside this prison, I noticed something pink in the corner, so I moved my "mouse cursor" over to it and clicked on it, and it turned out to be Tewi who was tied up with metal chains, and my clicking freed her. She said "Thank you" to me, and walked away. When I turned to check out the place more, I found Kogasa tied up in a chair. I went oover to her, and she looked up at me. She then began to tell me, in a russian female accent, how somebody had given all the other Kogasas in the world a liquid in a jar that was half their body weight, and how it killed them all. Sanae then came in and freed her from her bindings and then, in a weird cutscene, Sanae performed a "miracle", and Kogasa's face and dress became clean. Then, she used her power on herself and changed her face into that of a late twenty year-old woman. She then used her power on Kogasa again, and her face turned into that of a 60 year old man, with a multi-coloured beard. After that, they walked out of the prison together.

>> No.6959854

19: During a dream where I was a spy, I remember that someong was holding a poster that had Sanae and the Moriya Shrine on it. It looked like it was drawn by a 6 year old child.

20:I remember being at an outdoor shop and saw a Touhou magazine with Momiji on it.

>> No.6959860

21:During a weird dream, I remember there was a game where you couldn't let Alice touch you for some reason. She chased me, and I ran from her. She eventually caught me, and I began to walk with her,trying to hold her hand, which was cold, shaking, and deathly pale. It was like she was trying to feel up my hand.

22:There was this weird game with Reimu, in which you had to dodge bullets while simultaneously having to jump up and latch onto these plants with her sparkly whip-rope in a cave. I controlled her with an xbox 360 controller.

>> No.6959861

23: Another weird dream that had to do with something about getting "Master Sparked."

24:Kogasa and Mokou. Kogasa was holding up a sign that had the letters "mhigbe" and I kept thinking that it said "Masturbate". Mokou was wearing Kogasa's clothing, but it was grey and white.

25:I remember somebody was shooting up those normal enemy dolls during a weird fps adventure. Also, Sanae was there.

26:Dreamt about 12.3 and using Reimu to graze stuff.
-------------

>> No.6959863

27: Alice was in my dream, and someone with a strange accent said that she had done a great feet, being a seven-coloured puppeteer.

28: I remember going to a hotel, and for some reason, my clothes changed into Yukari's clothess and someone asked me, "Since when did you change into Yukari's clothes?"

29: At the very end of my dream, there was a little chibi Yukari.

30: Someone in an English accent announced, "And now the softest character in World of Tanks has been introduced; Youmu Konpaku." I then saw a king tiger from Company of Heroes.

>> No.6959866

31: During a weird horror dream that was a mixture of The Thing and Silent Hill, I remember running away from my house, and aliens that has taken the form of Touhous were chasing me in the night. For some reason, I stopped, and they caught up to me. They soon surrounded me and said "Now is the time for the last Touhou to die." I then remember seeing pictures of different Touhous in a picture book. Then, the dream ended.

32: I remember something about someone who wanted to sway Youmu, who was apparently a Lunarian, and he first had to get her to like him, then he had to get her to eat these leaves on a stick that Kaguya had given to him. Also, I remember China had opened a Spanish restaurant, and whenever she came close or was doing a backflip, she lagged the "game".

33:During a weird dream in which I was running away from dinosaurs in a building, I remember having to play a boss in Touhou in order to unlock a door and continue moving. I remember playing Mystia, and I had to defeat the Scarlet Devil Mansion, starting with Remilia.

>> No.6959867

>>6959827
>>6959830
>>6959833
damn man

I had a dream with Yuuka. It started out with me and a few guys trapped in a basement, tormented by some Gigeresque Cthulhu Mythos-ish demon who apparently could warp reality to some extent (he kinda had the face of these guys, but his body was more big, round and podshaped). Waking up on the fifth day, I remember waking up finding everybody gone; what's left of one person was a tiny pile of dark green gunk. Tried escaping, ended up in some biomechanical dimension with purpleish smoke everywhere. I ended up meeting Yuuka, and she offered to help me get out of this weirdass realm. I didn't ask where, though, since this was all probably occuring in my house, and the dream just got too fucking weird after that.

>> No.6959870
File: 100 KB, 704x479, giger_f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6959867
Forgot picture.

>> No.6959871

34: Something about Sanae drinking "LXD"

35: A weird dream that had Reimu, Remilia, Sakuya, and a Yukurri Koakuma. At the end, they were dancing to some song I didn't know.

36: In a dream where I was an Imperial scout trooper with a sniper rifle, I remember Yuuka appearing in an extremely bright light, and she had a very large chest.

And that's all I have so far. If anyone wants to discuss my dreams, help me understand them, or would like tips or whatnot, I'm up for it.

>> No.6959878

>>6959867
Whoa. The first part must have been scary as hell.

>> No.6959879

I don't know what to say, Hitler. How do you feel about having so many dreams about certain fictional characters?

>> No.6959881

>>6959871
You`re lucky. I can remember my dreams alot of the time but they`re almost always about boring normal life stuff.

Do you try to get these Touhou-related dreams or do they just happen?

>> No.6959885

>>6959879
Well, makes me feel good when I go to sleep at night that Gensokyo is right there with me most of the time.

>>6959881

Well, every night, I try to attain these dreams. I don't have control over what scenario it puts me in, though.

>> No.6959888
File: 98 KB, 468x519, Asylum.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I find it a little interesting that you guys dream about Touhou at all. Most of my dreams have nothing to do with fiction or things I look at on the internet.

I wish I could go back to the way it was when I was a kid, where I was at least aware that the dream happened after I awoke. Now when I wake up it feels like either the dream itself was a complete fragmented mess, or I just forgot most of it. Does writing down this stuff really work?

>> No.6959890

>>6959888
Yes, it helps a lot with remembering dreams better and helping your mind come up with new ones.

>> No.6959893

I just realized that I've had 36 Touhou dreams, and not a single one of them had Rumia in it. This is quite disappointing.

>> No.6959916

I have done lucid dreaming from a pretty young age.

The problem is that once I realize it's a dream, the production qualities pretty much drop to zero. Anything that isn't realistic becomes obviously fake and fabricated.

Kinda sucks.

>> No.6959924
File: 105 KB, 528x383, Picture 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6959401
>a huge screaming face to pop out, jolting me awake.
So you're saying you got hooded in a lucid dream?

>> No.6959929

>>6959916
Well, for me when I reach full lucidity everything becomes super vivid. But sometimes when I'm halfway between lucid and non-lucid, things start smearing a bit as I try to battle my subconscious for control

>> No.6959934

>>6959916
Weird.

When I have one, I feel my head rushing, and I know that the dream will end quickly, so I try to control everything that's happening, to no avail for some reason.

>> No.6960384

>>6959888
Alright, yeah. After waking up I now realize that nearly all of my dreams center around either work (and how I could blow my career) or driving around places and doing mundane stuff. This sucks, I really need to try making them surreal or I'm just living an even worse life in bed.

My human resources officer asked me if I was religious and then was promptly 'offended' by my next comments (like your typical religious scum, incidentally), destined to become an asspained obstacle to me getting anywhere. Fuck this.

>> No.6960419

As cheesy as it sounds, you just have to believe in yourself to be able to control dreams. Flying and such require self-confidence.

On a completely unrelated note, I had a pretty interesting experience last night. I saw a dream in which I went swimming even though I hadn't done so for 10 years. All of a sudden, a strong current caught me and pulled me out into the ocean. I then realized I no longer knew how to swim, only float. However, thanks to the strong currents I could not do that and begun to get pulled underwater. I flailed around helpessly in utter panic, frantically trying to recall how to swim and wondering why the fuck I had been so careless in the first place, seeing as I never do things that might get me killed. I never fly anywhere, I'm scared of things falling down on me while walking on the sidewalk, I'm scared of random people stabbing or shooting me while I'm not looking; why the fuck did I go swimming in the ocean? I haven't felt so relieved in a long, long while when I, on the verge of death, finally realized that in actuality, I was lying safe and sound in my own bed, fast asleep. I was able to breathe underwater after realizing that, though most of all I was just happy to be alive and forced myself awake.

>> No.6960440

I've never managed lucid dreaming, even after trying to do the kinds of things people say helps. I tried a dream diary, and gave up when I had only two entries after 6 months. I just don't remember my dreams.

>> No.6961589

This thread helped me to remember my dream last night and write it down.

>> No.6961698

When I was a kid, I used to have batshit nightmares involving my whole being revolving around my computer dying and shit.

Scarred me for life.
Oh god I´m so pathetic.

>> No.6961706

You guys suck.
Now I know that I´m going to have shitty jolting dreams tonight thanks to you guys.
This shit isn´t Inception, it just robs your sleep.

>> No.6961710

>>6961698
Tron style? Or just anxiety-based?

>> No.6961729

The processing capability of your brain is roughly equal to the world's entire computing power in 2007. There must be some way to harness at least part of it.

>> No.6961777

>>6961710
Anxiety based.
Shit like screaming for help, but no sound coming out and weird shit like that

>> No.6961826

You people have weird ass dreams. Computers dying? Really?

Well, I can't really tell since I've never had a dream of my computer choking on it's own blood, but still...

>> No.6961980

because of too much minecraft my recent dreams were too influenced by it.

>> No.6961983

Is it normal for the body to start morphing into other shapes to fit whatever you're doing?
Because my legs have shifted into something like the druid's werewolf form in Diablo 2 while running/jumping a few times, grew fins and gills while swimming, claw while fighting.

>> No.6962013

I had a dream where I was being detained by the police and there was a big folder with my name on it and "pedophile" writen on the top. They kept assuring me I was not being held because of child pornography.

>> No.6964448

>>6962013
I know that feel

>> No.6964467

Right now I'm trying to figure out if I've been lucid dreaming in my math class, or if it's plain old daydreaming. What's the difference?

>> No.6965304

Lately I've been having dreams where I've been so happy, that has been the trigger into realising I've been dreaming. Once I realise that I'm too happy for it to be anything other than a dream, I'm too lethargic to do anything of my own powers...

>> No.6965404

Fuck, I was able to remember my dream again:

crazy mangaka who makes manga about killing himself and family, then reincarnating over and over. now he's making an anime. his father lets him cut him in half, as does his mother. yaoi aspect for some reason.

>> No.6965445

I just had a traumatizing dream.

Me and my neibor were hunting for aliens on a spaceship. The spaceship was going through a very big and large tunnel. There were no actual aliens on the ship, but after we reached the end of it, out of nowhere, Nue pops out of a corner.

My neibor then proceeds to take off his pants and have sex with Nue. Then Nue grows a penis. Then they both rape me.

I thought Touhou dreams were supposed to be user-friendly? Actually, I don't want to have another dream ever again. Thank god that wasn't lucid.

>> No.6965522
File: 34 KB, 250x250, 1270280907124.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i had a lucid & wet dream at the same time a long time ago

in my dream i was in a train (or bus ?) and i saw a very cute girl and i watched her for a while, she turned around and caught me, she walked straight to me and asked me " do you want to do it?" for a second i was confused and she said " don't you want ?" after that i said without hesitation yes, suddenly we were in a public toilet, i was sitting on the toilet and the girl was standing in front on me, she was slowly pulling her pants and was teasing me with her vagina, i was staring at it like i've never seen one (so true)
but after a moment she asked "what are you waiting for ?" i wasn't sure if she was prepared but i took her hips, slowly thrusted her and JOY HERE WE GO ! it was like one of these H-doujin ("your hips don't lie !") it was so real, the sensation on the top of my dick and being slowly swallowed by her vagina, it was too good and i was feeling that i was near the climax but then i woke up, i knew it was just a dream but it was so real i wish i was still dreaming.
actually morning, i was still thinking about this dream on my bed and i felt something between my legs, it was some pre-cum on the top of my rod and it was still hard as rock, it's like he was saying "c'mon dude you should fap now, you are not excited for nothing" so i fapped while thinking about this dream and it was the best fap i've ever had

i need to get laid, badly. but how when you know that the world is full of 3DPD

>> No.6965765

I'm often able to tell when that I'm asleep, I even think in my dream that I know it's just a dream, but I can't control my thoughts past that point.

I just suck at dreams in general, a lot of the times I cannot remember a thing even right after I wake up.

>> No.6965794

I've been having school dreams lately and I always go lucid because I forget what my next class is then realize I don't go to school anymore.

>> No.6965818

I've tried lucid dreaming but it doesn't work. I try to do stuff but it just ends in me giving up. I also have really mundane dreams, such as going around schools and some slightly weird stuff happening, but nothing that fun. The strangest dreams I had involved a guy talking to a family about getting a job and supporting incest between the two children and sneaking around like Solid Snake in a library with Suwako.

>> No.6965833
File: 74 KB, 1280x720, sadkanana.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I rarely have lucid dreams-I have them every so often, but they occur naturally, and I try NOT to have them, because they often leave me with sleep paralysis.

And sleep paralysis is honestly one of the worst feelings I've ever experienced in my life. I've had it since I was a little boy, and shit it always awful, and I always try to do the same thing-curl my fingers and roll my body, while trying to make enough noise for someone to come help me.

Thinking about it makes me want to cry-it happened to me last night.

>> No.6965852
File: 41 KB, 704x398, yunosad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6965833
Since everyone is posting what their dreams are like, I guess I'll go ahead.

I usually can't remember them well, and when I have lucid dreams (at least the ones where I get sleep paralysis) I think I either wake up and then fall asleep quickly, while still being conscious and then quickly semiconscious-or something along those lines...it's hard to explain.

My dreams usually involve:

>Losing my teeth
>my teeth or mouth being infected
>Damaging my teeth beyond repair
>Fighting with or attempting to kill my father
>being killed by my father
>being at school, and dealing with bullshit from former friends I don't talk to any more

I can't recall the last pleasant dream I've had.

>> No.6965941
File: 16 KB, 250x332, 1295173723744.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Only /jp/ related dream i've had was involving me meeting Horo in an onsen.
Both being naked.
We started talking about philosophy.Instead of the obvious.
It's like i'm one of Nasu's protagonists!

>> No.6966204

>>6965833
Can you describe sleep paralysis? Why is it bad?
Are you just awake but unable to move, or are you still dreaming during it?

I think I remember having something like this once, a long time ago, but I'm not sure whether I was unable to move or just too afraid to move. I woke up and just didn't feel like I could move and didn't try either. Is there any uncertainty or would I definitely know it when I see it?

>> No.6966239

>>6966204
Sleep paralysis is the paralysis your body goes into when it enters REM sleep. Having it while awake causes vivid hallucinations that are often horrible because you're likely to be in the dark when it happens.

>> No.6966246

Just today I had a really vivid dream. I usually retain any trace of lucidity only when I'm jolted awake and then roll over and try to go back to sleep. But now I don't remember a goddamn bit of it.

>> No.6966260

I've had only once successfully lucid dream and it was completely by accident.

I was like, holy shit I'm dreaming and still in control. So for fun I flew through the roof superman style because why not. Tehn why flying through the night sky I was thinking what to do and then, hey, what about being a little girl gangbanged by a bunch of black dudes. So I flew thru a balcony to a random mansion and noticed the furniture were really blocky and crappy.

>> No.6966268

>>6966260
That wasn't a dream, that was Grand Theft Auto Vice City

>> No.6966285

>>6966260

Whatever. Then i sat down on the single chair in the room and a mob black dudes appeared. Awesome... Until the one guy who walked forward to get behind me bent down a little and I saw the smiling face of a friend. Jesus Christ I sceamed in my mind, don't show anyones face anymore. Meanwhile the rest of the guys walked in front of me. So I decided to be really slutty and grab one of the jean zippers with my mouth to pull it down. It actually felt very realistic like the taste and sound of my mouth moving the zipper down.

>> No.6966309

>>6966285

So I do the same thing to another guy on my left. I was all psyched up and ready to be a slutty little girl

Until I realized something was wrong and turned my head downward. I was still a dude. Then I started feeling pain in my butt. It felt like someone was pressing something hard against all the surface areas of my butt. Then I basically tried to eject from the dream by closing my eyes and shaking my head for ten seconds. Even after I woke up I still felt the pain for a few more seconds.

Haven't had a lucid dream since then.

>> No.6966323

Ask a expert at lucid dreaming anything.

>> No.6966356

Last time I had a lucid dream was on Saturday morning when I used the wake up, do something slightly mentally stimulating, and go back to bed method. I had no control and I'm not gonna type the whole thing out here but I was floating up a bright orange tube of eyes only to be interrupted by some random low quality wild west scene of some guy being shot, and then it faded away and I found myself trapped in a pulsating blue grid of light made trillions of tiny balls put together to make the grid which seemed to go on forever.

>> No.6966376

Now that we're on the subject of dreams, ever since I became a hiki (about 2 years ago) almost every dream i can recall has had, or has been about my female adopted cousin. I spent a lot of time with her during middle and high school because we had a lot of the same classes, but my feelings for her were always that of apathy or indifference. Although, i do remember, one of her boyfriends called her a bitch in front of me and i got really protective; pushed him, and almost got into a fight. I even convinced her to break up with him. She then became really clingy to me, but i never really took anything from it. I soon after burnt all bridges with her, and the rest of my peers.

It is always a reoccurring dream, but little details sometimes change(scenery, different people appear, dialog, etc) but the events that take place are almost always the same. I won't go into much detail, but it's always us in a romantic position(spooning) about to engage in sex, but it never happens. It's like a never ending dick tease, and every time i wake up from my dream: i rage and fap.

The funny thing is I bumped into her at grocery store the other day, and to my surprise, the notion that "it's just a dream" was shattered. At the encounter my heart-rate started to elevate and my palms were getting sweaty. She was telling me about her boyfriend and how she's just starting college, but all i could think about was my dreams, and thus I started to feel regret and anger. She asked me what i was doing, and i was pretty blunt; I told her i was a NEET. She just giggled a little and told me that i always did things "my own way" and wished me good luck. I casually laughed a little too, and said my good bye. I think she wanted to talk more, but i was about to have an anxiety attack, so i split as fast as i could.

I'm wondering: if i successfully control a lucid dream, and finally have sex will this possibly put an end to this reoccurring dream?

>> No.6966402

>>6966376
Lucid dreams always deal with subject matter deep in your mind even if it isn't what you are currently thinking about on the surface. If she pretty much dominates the back of your mind then chances are you will see her very often. Mine are almost always nightmare like and deal with a variety of negative shit that all boils down to one simple message that my life is completely falling apart. A recurring character in my dreams is a boy with no legs or eyes, and always is a different age with each encounter, I still don't know how he is though. The only good ones I ever had always had took place somewhere outside of this planet and the first very good one I ever had and possibly the best of all time was almost exactly a week from now.

>> No.6966420

A few months ago I managed to achieve lucidity. I was walking outside a huge city, and I just kind of realized I was dreaming. I was only really semi-lucid at the time, so I decided to do those tests to see if I was awake. So I decided to look at my hands, since I read somewhere that you don't usually have 10 fingers in dreams. Well, I had 10 fingers, but my right hand was all bloody and mangled. Freaked me out, but I was fully lucid. Then started worrying that I'd freaked myself into a nightmare or whatever, and on that note the city turned black and started crumbling around me and smoke was everywhere...Didn't scare me, just made me pissed at myself. I tried to regain control but ended up waking myself...

I only ever had one Touhou related dream, and all it involved was Hatate harassing me in a hotel room about some crime my friend commited.

>> No.6966448

Whenever I go lucid, I immediately get killed by something and wake up.

It's getting really annoying.

>> No.6966451

>>6966402
My dreams are always about me being sexually harassed in some way. Does that mean my most lewd inner thoughts of masochism and penetration are making a comeback at me?

Make it stop, please. It's not pleasant.

>> No.6966460

It's almost as if my body rejects Lucid Dreaming. Every time I achieve lucidity, I violently spasm awake a moment later.
I've even broke a finger like this.

>> No.6966461

>>6966402
My first lucid dream experience started with nightmarefuel dream i was having. I realized that i couldn't die, and that the person who was trying to kill wasn't a threat. I remember making up some strange logic as to why it couldn't kill me, it wasn't that "this was just a dream" but something else. I don't remember my dreams well, but it was something along the lines of "when i die I'll just re-spawn". Anyway, i altered my first ever dream. I think. Or maybe that was apart of the dream and i never had any control to begin with.

>> No.6966467

>>6966451
Sounds like you want to be violated very badly.

I can help you with that.

>> No.6966473
File: 22 KB, 221x201, 1270697826831.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6966460
>I violently spasm
Dude, the same thing happens to me! I'm falling and somehow i wake up, but i think i'm still falling and i start to spasm in real life and usually fall off the edge of my bed!

Fuck! dreams are so interesting.

>> No.6966481

I can WILD but not really.

I lie on my back and start to get a tingling sensation and I am "pulled" out of bed by an unknown force and I sort of just hit the ground. I know I'm dreaming at this point was I can breath with my nose covered but I can't alter anything. I just wander around my room and then wake up a few moments later its really aggrevating

>> No.6966503

>>6966473
haha funny story about that. I was having a dream bowling balls were being propelled at me, and i woke up trying to dodge them - flailing my arms around and stuff. My roommate was there starring at me asking what i was doing.

>> No.6966506

>>6966473
I won't even be dreaming anything that has me moving or anything in such a way similar to the spasm, but the instant I realize it's a dream or just about to have that realization, I'm snapped out of the dream due to my body moving in such a way that I can't easily replicate.

>> No.6966512

I once looked into a mirror in my dreams and I was wearing High heels

>> No.6966513

>>6966481
These things work better if you plan out what you're going to do instead of winging it.

>> No.6966519

If you ever look into a mirror in a dream this will happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIGxKY5y6Mg

>> No.6966547

>>6966323
what's the best method?

>> No.6966557

>>6966461
my most nightmare fuel dream started when I woke up in some metal storage bin and when I exited it I was in some abandoned yard with some strange building in it that I guess was a house. It was all old and worn out but not broken at all. So I went to the top floor and found a deck in the back with a single table with a small glass container of maple syrup on it and 2 chairs, so having nothing else to do I sat down wondering what was going on and where I was. Then out of nowhere some random guy in a business suit comes out of nowhere with a suitcase and sits across from me grinning whilst opening his suitcase. He pulls out a newspaper and turns it towards me and I look down at it and for a few seconds it was blank and I just stared in confusion but all of sudden (PREPARE FOR MIND FUCK) my vision IS the newspaper with blood stains all over it scrolling downwards for a second and then my vision is filled with many real visions of small animals getting their feet and legs chopped off whilst still alive while some very scary/sad song played in the background of some small child singing "blood of the first my life is done" and then bursting out into crying at the same time. I was scarred for life.

>> No.6966560
File: 31 KB, 710x192, compiler_complaint.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6966473
>>6966506
I never thought it was that rare, but then again, it wasn't a violent spasm but more of a twitch like in pic related. It's frustrating when you just want to sleep though.

>> No.6966571

I can't barely remember my dreams nowadays.

The last dream I remember was being in a theater watching that fucking metropolis scene with that super mario RPG song.

>> No.6966575

/jp/ - dream analysis

>> No.6966590

Recently I had a dream in which I heard a rhyming sentence "Tel tot tien, en dan zul je je eigen dood zien." (Count to ten and you will see your own death.)

I'm afraid to do it, even though I know it's bullshit.

>> No.6966597

>>6966571The last dream I remember was being in a theater watching that fucking metropolis scene with that super mario RPG song.

wat

>> No.6966599

I used to have nightmares every night when I was around 8 or so years old. The same five or so different ones, a few each time I slept.

Eventually I would hit the "menu button" while dreaming, and simply change the "level" whenever I had any sort of bad dream.

>> No.6966612
File: 504 KB, 1680x1050, kenshiro_1680x1050[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6966590
Do it.

>> No.6966620 [SPOILER] 
File: 54 KB, 570x362, 54646465.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6966612
Laughed at this more than i should have.

>> No.6966632

I wish my dreams were as coherent as other people's. I can't remember most of it after a day because so much weird shit happens in them.

>> No.6966661

I keep having dreams where I'm doing something, and then at some point it turns into just me playing a video game.

>> No.6966744

Had a couple lucid dreams, once had a dream where I was at my high school, and my math teacher was there. She was pretty hot, but I had the choice of fucking her or flying. So flying took importance.

Flying in dreams is weird man, you slowly float up and down until you can do it. Like a bird, except not painful.

>> No.6966792

i know of around six or seven dreams i had that i was able to remember of the past 15 years that werent lucid. all the others were lucid ones i had after waking up in the morning and trying to get back to sleep immediately. they all started by one or two things i controlled, then went their way with me and most of them left me to wake up crying because of whatever happened

>> No.6966855

>>6959401
That's funny. I think my situation is worse. I can have lucid dreams anytime I want.

But my dream recall sucks and absolutely nothing helps it - been trying since 2003.

Anyways, all anons of /jp/ really, REALLY should try lucid dreaming.
Nothing beats spending time with your waifu in a lucid dream. LDs even feel more real than being awake... all sensations are so much more vivid.

>> No.6966867

Last time I had a dream, I dreamt that I lived in a house with disgusting bathrooms that I couldn't use.

Actually I've had one dream since then, in it all I remember is that I was pissing blood. Pissing copious amounts of blood. I sleep with white noise on to keep me from dreaming normally.

>> No.6966869

>>6966855

What should one do if lucid dreaming fails? Often I realize I'm dreaming and then I try to fly, and only end up jumping up and down like a moron before giving up.

>> No.6966878

whats the secret to lucid dreaming? I haven't been successful with the methods I've tried so far.

>> No.6966882

>>6966632
I think all dreams are incoherent, it's just that people stick their logic into it so it's easier to explain, like in these threads.

>> No.6966945

>>6966869
Well then it just fails. Try again another time, just because you can't do anything you want doesn't mean you aren't lucid. The most effective technique for me is the wake up and go back to bed one. It works almost every time for me.

>> No.6966974

>>6966869
In that case, either your conscious or subconscious mind is too set on the fact that you can't fly. Try something totally different? You have to experiment with your mind if you don't know it very well.

But it's a good sign that you can consciously realize you're dreaming without waking up from the excitement. If you really are still sleeping.

>> No.6970370

>>6966878
Only non-virgins can lucid dream.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action