[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 2.32 MB, 2048x1517, ultrasmirks.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6958186 No.6958186 [Reply] [Original]

http://thwiki.info/th/vote8/

It is time for Touhou Poll 8! You have 6 days to vote in this year's annual poll for your favorite characters and songs, as well as what kind of player you are!

If you've never done it before, some translated instructions can be found on http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=8445.0

The instructions for the previous poll may prove helpful: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4966.0

The poll results are often /jp/-oriented. Last year Cirno wasn't even able to crack the top 20 while Yuka was in the top 10. What shall happen this year?

>> No.6958195

I believe that 2011 will finally be Large Toad's year.

>> No.6958208

Only children and Japanese nerds care about character polls (though really, is there any difference between the two?) so I really hope this fades quietly into obscurity.

>> No.6958213

I think I voted for Ellen, Koishi, Shinki, Renko, and... Medicine, maybe?

For music:
Enigmatic Doll ~ God Knows
Eternal Shrine Maiden
Kid's Festival ~ Innocent Treasures
Doll of Misery
Avici Bell, I think
UNL ending theme (Although I think I should have replace this with Last Remote)
And whatever SWR's title theme is called.

>> No.6958216

These are the results from last year
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=5052.0

>> No.6958230

Yeah, I already voted. I'm expecting a boost of votes for the three fairies and Cirno due to Fairy Wars, although I doubt it'll be a big one.

>> No.6958255

>>6958230
I wanted to fit Luna Child into my 5 but I just couldn't. I feel bad.

>> No.6958268

>>6958255

I managed to fit her in fourth for my five. She won her way into my heart easily, so I couldn't say no.

>> No.6958289

voting again, it's a pain in the ass as always...

>> No.6958305

YuugenMagan will win for sure this year

>> No.6958305,1 [INTERNAL] 

I just realized I can't read Japanese, fuck.

>> No.6958408

hump hump hump

>> No.6958642

Not getting the e-mail... :|

>> No.6960118

Voted for
Sakuya +2
Kotohime
Lily White
Reimu
Yukari

Not much changed since last time except Renko and Murasa were replaced by Kotohime and Yukari.

And for music
リーインカーネイション
The best ZUN song, hands down.

エニグマティクドール ~ God Knows
桜花之恋塚 ~ Flower of Japan
Every song in Kioh Gyoku is amazing but these two songs stand out the most in particular.

幻想機械 ~ Phantom Factory
This song gives me chills every time I listen to it. If a touhou game were to take place in a modern setting I imagine this is what the music would sound like.

上海紅茶館 ~ Chinese Tea
I could listen to this song on a loop forever and never get tired of it. It's just so catchy.

魔法少女十字軍
For whatever reason, this song gives me a sense of nostalgia and I can't take it off this list no matter how hard I try.

53ミニッツの青い海
This song makes me wish ZUN would make another music CD. The waves in the background mixed in with the music give off a feeling of melancholy that just can't be found in his more recent works.

If only there were 10 choices instead of 7 then I could add あなたの町の怪事件, 永远の巫女 and 幽霊楽団 ~ Phantom Ensemble.

>> No.6960130

Voted for Kogasa, Yuuka, Okuu, Shikieiki and Medicine. I wish I could vote for Satorin too but there's only 5 slots...

>> No.6960135

Whenever I read threads like this where people post their results, the choices are usually rather obscure. Where are all the people voting Border of Life and Sanae?

Anyway, voted last night. Might post what later.

As for the poll itself, maybe it's my autism, but I think these things are pretty exciting, even if I know that the results should be taken with a pinch of salt. I'm curious as to how the UFO cast and the non-game (now game fairies) will do, seeing both groups seems to have become more popular over the last year.

Also curious as to if Remilia will be able to threaten Sakuya and Marisa's positions or not. That and the whole Reimu VS Sanae deal.

>> No.6960177

1. Patchouli
2. Orin
3. Remilia
4. Flandre
5. Eirin

In no particular order: Septette, Native Faith, Heian Alien, Bad Apple, Makyou, Dream Battle, Bloom Nobly

Games: 1. EoSD 2. Hisoutensoku 3. IN

The music section was really difficult to me. So many songs I like couldn't make the cut. I feel like my list is a little bit too trendy, except perhaps for Makyou.

>> No.6960181

>the choices are usually rather obscure

>Touhou
>obscure

Ha ha, no.

Besides, did you see last year's results? There are 56 characters and 62 songs with at least 1000 votes. A classical long tail distribution. Of course you'll see way more "obscure" names than votes for any single character.

>> No.6960192

>>6960181
I'm not sure if you understood what I meant in my post, but oh well, that might as well be my own fault.

Anyway, I wonder what the poll would look if you had less votes per voter. I wonder if characters like Reimu and Marisa would lose support, being that they might gain extra voters through main-character status. People might vote for them instead of leaving blanks. Not saying that's always the case.

>> No.6960207

>>6960192
>I wonder what the poll would look if you had less votes per voter.

But you don't have to wonder, the numbers for first place votes are there in the results, at least for characters poll. Nothing would change in the big picture, really.

>> No.6960223

>>6960207
So, what if you had 3 votes total, one being a first-choice vote? Two characters would have two votes less. I'm sure it would change the poll, since voters would have less choices to make. I'm aware you can see first-choice votes, but that doesn't tell us anything about the prioritization order of the other four votes.

I'd say 5 votes is too much, not that I don't have enough characters that I genuinely love to fill in the slots.

>> No.6960245

So... predictions?

Utsuho and Byakuren in the top 10.
Flandre and Mokou out.
Cirno back in top 20, but not too high because stupid powerlevelfags will never vote for a 2nd stage character.

>> No.6960279

>>6960245
Pretty much this, Mokou still seems to be going pretty strong, but it's hard to say if she'll be able to keep 8th place. Flan will most likely drop out, I'd be surprised if she didn't. Byakuren will probably manage to at least keep her place, but I except a raise. Not sure if it will be enough for a placement among the top 10 though.

Out of the UFO Touhous, I except Nazrin to get the biggest raise.

>> No.6960280

>>6960279
I meant 9th, not 8th.

>> No.6960281

>Q. Can I vote for Lily Black?
>A. She is included in the "Lily White" option. (NB: Confirmed by ZUN that Lily White and Lily Black are the same via comment)

Really? I'm kinda dissapointed now.

>> No.6960571

hump

>> No.6960587

>>6960135

I dunno about you, but my choices were pretty common for the most part.

Characters were Sakuya(+2), Youmu, Sanae, Lunachild and Reimu

Songs were Cemetary of Onbashira ~ Grave of Being, Maiden's Capriccio ~ Dream Battle, Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall, The Refrain of the Lovely Great War, A Midnight Fairy Dance, Oriental Sky of Scarlet Perception, and Voyage 1969

>> No.6960595

>>6960281
How is that possible since Great Fairy Wars?!

>> No.6961449
File: 288 KB, 600x800, 284921009451b570a8db0cde5fb26fd4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6960595
She just changes clothes between stages. Lily is a classy girl who dresses appropriately for her different danmaku styles.

Youmu* Reimu Marisa Satori Nue

>> No.6964459

So with the restriction of 1 email per vote, it's still possible to multi-vote? Not that I want to do it though.

>> No.6964534
File: 14 KB, 453x550, untitle.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I actually forgot about Yukari when I casted my vote. Only realized I left out Yukari when I was voting the music track.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action