[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 86 KB, 308x450, 1201699983648.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6896688 No.6896688 [Reply] [Original]

The new moderators have been in place for a while now. How would you rate their overall performance here on our slice of 4chan?

>> No.6896700

I have yet to see any evidence that they exist.

>> No.6896704

Arc and Suigin are doing a top notch job

>> No.6896705

They should post so I know they're here.

>> No.6896708

They only ever seem to delete threads six hours after they've stopped being replied to.

>> No.6896708,1 [INTERNAL] 

They're shit. I got permabanned for literally nothing. I'd post in the thread, but don't feel like getting banned for evasion

>> No.6896714

I want to know why they deleted this thread.
http://archive.easymodo.net/cgi-board.pl/jp/thread/6896100

>> No.6896718

>>6896714
Probably because somebody reported it and a moderator who didn't think that MMOs belong in /jp/ deleted it. It's not very hard to figure out.

>> No.6896724

>>6896718
When you put it that way I guess it makes sense.

>> No.6896731

The thing is, that with fast boards like /a/ and /v/, they move so goddamn fast that in the scope of an hour almost any thread will be long dead and buried and so mods/janitors are much less inclined to delete things unless they wind up being chained threads or are a hugely disturbing (or illegal) occurrence.

Slow boards, where shitty rule breaking threads could last days on their own with no intervention, need a different approach rather than just "let the low tier shit threads pass and only target high priority" to "kill everything in sight that doesn't belong", because even a low tier bad thread can greatly dial up in shittitude with time if left alone.

It looks like there's been some improvements to this conundrum lately, though. Like at least, it seems that maybe once an hour or two, someone is making the effort to delete some of the many threads that break globals (on the boards that at least somewhat care about being topical, like us).

Although, I'm very curious to see how our new janitor will turn out. That could affect /jp/ more than mods would depending on if he's a prissy attention whore or not.

>> No.6896743

>>6896731
right now, we only have new moderators. One of them is a fairly nice guy who listens to my requests on IRC, so that's who you may be thinking of.

New janitors have not been selected yet.

>> No.6896746

If I see that off-topic posting message one more time...

>> No.6896763

I was worried because I heard a Saten spammer got hired, but it seems like he's doing an OK job.

>> No.6896789

They're apparently leaving any random thread that has a Touhou-related picture on it alone, while deleting off-topic threads that had decent discussions in them.
You know, the reason people are preferable to robots at moderating things is because people can discern the good and bad things among the bad things.

tl;dr they're doing their job well, but they could be a lot better.

>> No.6896789,1 [INTERNAL] 

Posting in a meta thread ought to get you banned too.

>> No.6896841

>The new moderators have been in place for a while now.
Nope. They got like8 million applications.

>> No.6896853

>>6896789
no thanks. someone doing quality control on content is a horrible idea. the board doesn't need some autistic retard lording over like that janitor did. i wish people would get it through their head. their "vision" or whatever of how /jp/ should be is wrong and they're probably autistic.

deleting 1 good thread nulls deleting 100 /b/ level threads. the moderator has been doing a decent job, kinda.. getting banned for nsfw is shit though..

>> No.6896853,1 [INTERNAL] 

/jp/ is a work safe board. Getting banned for NSFW is not out of the question. Don't blame the Mods for your own fuck up. Don't make any excuses. It's against the rules.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action