[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 1.27 MB, 1203x525, Raidy 3 Fusion.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6878509 No.6878509 [Reply] [Original]

>The story follows up on Raidy's continued travels to find her long lost lover as she passed through a distant city after leaving Lake Blue.

>While she is stopping over she visits a tavern to find Fon-Fon, Tiss and Foless gorging on a huge banquet. They tell her that they got kicked out of Monster City because they knew Raidy and helped give her items when she was a prisoner there. Being homeless and hungry they run up a debt and put it on Raidy's tab.

>The barkeep gives Raidy the bill for the expenses which is thousands of gold she doesn't have and the city guard quickly round them all up. If the debt isn't paid in full the 4 of them will be sold into slavery.

>But Raidy is given a chance to earn the money and save them doing bounty work for the city. Because she can't handle the stronger monsters on her own she is given a magic ring that summons and fuses one of her friends with her to lend her strength at the cost of also gaining their personality quirks.

Oh, and the game is cancelled. T_T

>> No.6878517

boring gameplay killed first part for me.

>> No.6878519

That's not Lightning Girl.

>> No.6878522

>The barkeep gives Raidy the bill for the expenses which is thousands of gold she doesn't have and the city guard quickly round them all up. If the debt isn't paid in full the 4 of them will be sold into slavery.

Why doesn't she just kill the barkeep? That would make alot more sense.

>> No.6878546
File: 93 KB, 480x360, cg01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6878549
File: 17 KB, 200x150, 41785_268383769730_3158849_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Reading the post
............................."Oh, and the game is cancelled".

>My face

>> No.6878550

>>6878517
Aside from the obvious shitty gameplay, also all my favorite enemies were at the start of the game and I stopped giving a fuck as I went farther along. Fonfon was the best boss, and two of my favorite random enemies were the loli wererat and almost-loli skeleton on floors 1 and 2. After that it was just meh.

>> No.6878558

people hate on the raidy games saying they are simple or too hard or just boring but they fail to realize they are 3d updates of the exact same games created back in the very early 90s. thats like making a direct 3d remake of eye of the beholder and saying it sucks because the levels are complicated or such.

>> No.6878559

>unofficial, fanmade english continuation of Raidy series, titled "Lighting Warrior Raidy: Tomb Of Iselron". It's still in development

Yeah, ummm .... no.

>> No.6878794

My first reaction was "Why do they keep trying to sell these crap games?". Then I got to the part about merging skills and personalities and it suddenly started to sound fun. Just to end with the canceled part.

>> No.6878838

The problem I have with the series is that:
1. They promise yuri, but 1/2 the sex scenes are het.
2. The existing yuri scenes are too /d/ for my taste.
3. The dungeon crawling and combat are too simplistic.

>> No.6879022

It's too bad it was cancelled. There was planned 3x as much standard CG as the regular games to take into account the current heroine(s) fighting bosses. Raidy herself would just punish the enemy by doing "an eye for an eye" using their fetish against them, but if she was fused with a friend the enemy would get whipped, candle tortured or an enema respectively. Also the fusion would effect battles and stats.

Raidy: average stats; lightning magic; uses a sword.
Fon-Raidy: strong; fast; healing factor; no magic; uses claws.
Tiss-Raidy: strong; magic def; slow; uses a trident.
Foless-Raidy: fast; magic def; charm magic; fragile; uses a rapier.

>> No.6879029

raidy 2 was awesome
my favorite boss was floor 6 (first battle)

>> No.6879040

>>6879029
i liked the golem boss that raped its master to death when raidy damaged its programming and basically said "...oops" and walked away slowly. wait... -_-;

>> No.6879052

>>6878838

>he likes yurishit

Subhuman.

>> No.6879054

>>6879040
I fapped to that one a couple of time

i don't really know why i like these games. i think the difficulty builds up more tension and makes the h feel more rewarding

>> No.6879062

>>6879054
The bosses are easy though, just max out the lightning strike or whatever it's called and they're dead.

>> No.6879072

>>6879040
>>6879054
Wait, was it a blonde loli? I only saw the CGs.

>> No.6879078

>>6879072
Yeah it was. She's a little bitch and sadistic, but then the golem rips her a new one (literally) and it's implied she dies because Raidy gets the fuck out while it's distracted using her like a fleshlight.

>> No.6879097

>>6879078
Regardless, I am always disappoint when bad things happen to lolis.

I heard some people commenting that they were upset by the fact that all the monsters suffer after she beats them, is it true? I think someone mentioned a mother/child molestation event.

>> No.6879129

Is there a reason why it was canceled?

>> No.6879139

>>6879129
Raidy smashed her way into the staff room and raped the developers (incidentally all Raidy developers are little girls) with the exact fetishes they tried to insert into the game, as punishment for being shameless perverts. They repented and the game was canceled.

>> No.6879142

>>6879097
I don't remember any event like that

>> No.6879187

I'm really sad that we won't see LW3, It was a game so full of potential, sure the first game was mediocre, but the second one was really great, not the best game ever but entertaining.

I'm really hoping for a miracle for this game to come out but I'm not holding my breath.

>> No.6879213

>>6879139
If I was one of those developers, that'd just make my little girl penis harder.

>> No.6879229

>>6878509
> T_T
Please tell me that was from the original article. The only emoticon that is accepted here is ;_;

>>6878517
The two games for the PC were remakes of the PC-98 games. Raidy's gameplay was decent for its time. The third installment would be the first modern Raidy.

>>6878549
Back to /v/ please.

>> No.6879251
File: 239 KB, 500x1863, hh021.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6879097
It's from this parody comic. It's basically poking fun at how aggressive Raidy is when dealing with monstergirls. She doesn't call herself a rapist but whenever she defeats an enemy she 'punishes' them sexually. And that her clearing a dungeon is basically her "going on a rampage" as the monstergirls call it.

>> No.6879269

>>6879251

Don't you just hate that feeling?

>> No.6879273

>>6879251
>She doesn't call herself a rapist
Well, few rapists do.

>> No.6879290

The game has been vapor for damn near a decade now; the original 2 games were from PC-98 and they had been wanting to make a 3rd since then.

The problem is, their RPG gameplay is only interesting by early-90s standards and the H content alone isn't enough to sell the game.

>> No.6879329

>>6879290
Which makes it all the more unfortunate that it won't have the chance to be made. A 3D Raidy platformer in the vein of the Zelda series with light comedic elements such as those in the Megaman Legends series WITH hardcore pr0n would be a refreshing thing to see.

>> No.6879354

>>6879273
She's just freely providing sex. She's a nondiscriminatory love machine.

>> No.6879363

>>6879354
Yes, that's what many of them say.

>> No.6879379

>>6879363
She just wants to share her penis with those who don't have one. Everyone should know the feeling of a penis.

She has a penis, right? Or does she just go lesbian rapebot on everyone?

>> No.6879386

>>6879290

Dungeon crawlers from the 80s are more entertaining than Raidy.

>> No.6879393

>>6879078
>>6879040
I haven't played the games, but from the impression I got, it doesn't seem to be the kind of game that would go this far, since this sort of thing is pretty horrific, even for a villain. Am I wrong?

>>6879379
>Everyone should know the feeling of a penis.
Then she should lend it to them, not use it on them.

>> No.6879410

>>6879393
In the game this evil loli character is using a huge fucking golem to rape/torture women with its huge cock. But even though it's too big to destroy Raidy stabs its brain with her lightning sword and it scrambles its programming. And then it grabs the loli and procedes to impale her nethers. Raidy takes note that she can't fucking beat this thing and judging how much the girl is screaming and how much blood is pouring out of her cunt, she better leave before it picks a new target. The loli might not have died but her genitals and reproductive system was fucking destroyed that's for sure.

>> No.6879414

>>6879393

Its implied thats what happened. Loli is raped to death, albeit off screen. As far as I can recall she is the only villian, apart from the final bosses of the games, to meet such a fate.

>> No.6879416
File: 501 KB, 800x600, Raidy2_130.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>go, berserker!

>> No.6879424

>>6879410
>>6879414
Doesn't this sort of thing happen all the time in eromanga/games, with the character waking up the next day and going "ow ow..." and no lasting consequences?

>> No.6879517

>>6879424
usueally, yes. but in this game its possible for raidy to die offscreen. its never stated exactly but its heavilly implied with quotes along the line of "was never seen leaving the dungeon" or "no one ever saw raidy ever again". in the golems case if raidy loses it rapes her to death - she rips open from how huge it is and bleeds out and it literally fucks her to death.

>> No.6880416

>>6878509
OP has no citation. Don't let this rumor spread.

>> No.6880474

The webpage has not received an update since 2008, even if it was not canceled it might be very likely it will never come out. but one can hope.

>> No.6882703

>>6879517
Sorry to drag the discussion, but why? All the other monsters survive (albeit with their fetish turned against them), yet the loli gets the absolute worst treatment? I can only see this as excessively cruel. Villainy aside, does Japan have something against lolis who are not all "onii-chan, what is this thing between your legs" and know how to take the initiative? This isn't the only time this sort of thing happens.

Is she a monster, by the way, or just a child?

>> No.6882823

So if Raidy met a monster with a foot fetish for instance, the average /jp/er what would she do? Forcibly lick its feet?

>> No.6882840

>>6882703
Actually, Raidy regulatly does some pretty horrible shit. Not to mention the situation was way beyond her control at the time, the golem was acting erratic and she had no idea if it'd tear her a new one if she tried to save the loli.

Raidy is pretty much your average TN D&D character, except her way of justice is slightly off. She's a hero and all, but she isn't above getting the fuck out of Dodge when imminent death shows up, especially in form of giant rapegolems.

>> No.6882843

>>6882703
The series tends to go a little over the top at times with the /d/ material, to the point where it crosses into the territory of /b/ material.

The more I hear about the game, the dumber it sounds. I wish they left enema-chan out of 2+3 altogether and picked a different boss from the first game instead. Then it turns out it's not going to be a party adventure game, just 3 different buffs you get to pick from.

>> No.6882865

>>6882840
>True Neutral
>sense of justice

>> No.6882882

>>6882840
Yes, I read on tvtropes that she was even worse in the PC-98 versions. But this is also addressed at the developers, why would they let everyone else get away with some ambiguously pleasant lolraep and give the most violent and torturous end possible to the loli? (Unless she was a monster and had regenerative powers or something, besides it's not certain that she died.)

>> No.6882886

>>6882865
Being TN does not preclude a sense of justice. Lawful is reserved for strict adherence to a defined code of conduct, Raidy just does whatever seems appropriate at the time. It's not like there's a Lighting Warrior Law that demands you to find sadist monstergirls and rape them with their own fetishes.

>> No.6882905

D&D lawful - culture of law - do what the book says, kill people who ignore the book.

D&D chaotic - culture of honor - do what won't get you killed, kill people who piss you off.

D&D neutral - personal conscience/ethics - do what seems right, kill to keep yourself from being killed.

>> No.6882956

>>6882886
>>6882905
A neutral character does what
seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the
other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutral
characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment
to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than
evil—after all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers
than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding
good in any abstract or universal way. Mialee, a wizard who devotes
herself to her art and is bored by the semantics of moral debate, is
neutral.

jus·tice
noun \ˈjəs-təs\
Definition of JUSTICE
the administration of law; especially : the establishment or determination of rights according to the rules of law or equity
a : the quality of being just, impartial, or fair b (1) : the principle or ideal of just dealing or right action (2) : conformity to this principle or ideal : righteousness c : the quality of conforming to law

try again.

>> No.6882967

>>6882956

>take shit out of context
>put shit into context which doesn't belong

Justice != D&D lawful. Proper justice in and of itself is supposed to be unbiased and impartial, or else it isn't justice. It's a simple matter of having 9 different alignments; the lawful end of the table can't be the same as strict justice because it has to be on one far side.

>> No.6882982

Lawful -> authoritarian
Neutral -> libertarian
Chaotic -> anarchist

Good -> ultimate bros
Neutral -> do what they feel like
Evil -> douchebag assholes

>> No.6883245

>>6882967
>Word for word explanation of TN from DnD Players Handbook
>Dictionary definition of Justice
>hurr durr your taking things out of context.

>> No.6883254

Originally D&D just had three alignments, Chaotic, Neutral and Lawful. I'm thinking that was a better idea.

>> No.6883260

The best idea is to not have a fucking alignment system because alignments are retarded.

>> No.6883282

>>6883245
Correct. D&D's red vs blue is not the same as either the application of justice (first definition) or the state of something being just (second definition.)

>>6883254
Agreed; stuff loses a lot of depth when the hell side sticks to a definition of evil and the theocracy side sticks to a definition of good. Stuff is a lot more fun when some angels are assholes and some demons are bros.

TN is the realpolitik alignment; it's about just playing to win rather than living your life by whatever color your shirt is.

>> No.6883293
File: 79 KB, 400x365, trollface.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>slightest mention of alignments
>waist-deep in angry tears coming from people who play D&D

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action