[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 113 KB, 500x667, 1292705516452.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6810444 No.6810444 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /jp/
How Touhous get their houses? Its late XIX right? So they don't have "advanced" building tools right? And I doubt that they build themselves, do they hire villagers?

>> No.6810450

They fly and shoot millions of little magical bullets. I don't think houses are a problem.

>> No.6810461

>>6810450
But they need to live somewhere. I know fairies live in trees and such but what about rest?

>> No.6810472

>>6810461
They are welcome in my bed anytime.

>> No.6810495

>>6810461

Well, Cirno lives in an igloo for one thing (seriously), so weak little Youkai out in the woods probably live in shitty little huts or share small houses or something.

Humans and youkai alike all seem to have houses though. In the Touhou fighters you get see the outside of Marisa's house, Alice's house etc (Alice has a pretty big house it seems).

Since there's humans in Gensokyo, I'd very much assume that youkai just pay (or possibly force) the people to make places for them. Some youkai seem willing to work for/with people and businesses etc, and pretty much all youkai are, as far as ZUN is concerned, mostly civilized people-like creatures that are way the fuck stronger than most people.

Also of course a youkai could just kill someone/their family and take the house too, if they're not willing to play nice.

>> No.6810502

>>6810461
You're really dense, huh? He didn't mean because they can do magic, they don't need houses. Because they have magic they can just use that to make houses.

>> No.6810541

>>6810502
danmaku isnt magic because even humans can use it

>> No.6810567

>>6810541
Magic isn't magic because even humans can use it.

>> No.6810583

>>6810495
That wouldn't fly in Gensokyo. All the humans in the Human Village are the descendants of spiritually aware youkai hunters, so most are a match for the weakest youkai.

The fact that all the humans in Gensokyo mostly live in one place keeps them safe too. Most of the humans eaten by youkai are from the outside world.

Also loldanmakubattles whenever the shit hits the fan.

>> No.6810586

>>6810583
A number of them are modern idiots from outside who decided to stay. But supposedly anyone can learn magic in Gensokyo anyway.

>> No.6810615

consider a few things.
Gensokyo is made of a huge chunk of japan that was separated by the great hakurei barrier. with time, other places "appeared" (such as koumakan) my guess is that that humans that were in gensokyo from the start made their own houses and helped those who wished to have a place around the human village (Keine's school comes to mind... also byakuren's shrine after the events of its game)

other places just appeared and brought people with them, Koumakan, the Moriya Shrine... were transported into the GHB.

other places may have been built with help, the hyakugyokurou mannor most likelly was built by youmu's grandfather with the help of the passing by spirits

Marisa's parents live in the human house, but one can assume that kirisame-tei was built with human help when marisa decided to live in the forest of magic... or she stole a house and placed it there.

Kourindou... I think that place ended up there and MANnosuke is just too lazy to move it to a better place...
Onis build their houses... Eientei was asumed to have been built by the rabbits (?) ... the more I think of places, the more I think that people can and will build if neccesary.

>> No.6810621

>>6810615
in the human village, Marisa's parent lived in the human village, my bad.

>> No.6810633

We see this in the Fairies manga a lot.

They switch to a new tree just like that, and the main hassle seems to be moving their belongings. Also, at one point they produce a small food stand just for the sake of scaring Reimu. We don't actually see how they do it, but it's obviously not a problem worth concentrating on.

I guess we can safely consider Gensokyo a post-scarcity society, where basic, mundane objects are all easily obtainable, at least when you're a (not necessarily powerful) magical being, and only luxurious or unique items hold any particular value.

>> No.6810639
File: 125 KB, 512x512, 14504717_p0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6810615
>or she stole a house and placed it there

That's such a funny mental image.

Also Kasen has a big fancy mansion on the youkai mountain, but she's an oni so yeah.

>> No.6810647

>>6810615
Yuyuko's manor has been there for much longer than that, I would think.

>> No.6810678

>>6810639
>That's such a funny mental image.

Marisa probably did it Marisa-style, that is to say needlessly flashy.

Imagine a huge chunk of land with a house on top flying around in the middle of the night while shitting out a giant laser and star-shaped danmaku all over the place. Marisa probably intended to land it somewhere else, but lost control and crashed right in the middle of the Forest of Magic, or perhaps the entire house landed right on Alice's face during one of those times she went out looking for magic plants.

"It's a bird! It's a plane! It's MarisAAAAAAARGHHHH THIS TIME I'LL REALLY KILL YOU FUCKING BITCH"

>> No.6811475

Marisa Kirisame, stealing houses... LIKE A BAWS!

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action