[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 231 KB, 1440x810, heavy-rotation-preview-6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6775010 No.6775010 [Reply] [Original]

So, AKB48 is great fap material.

... but I noticed that I don't really hate their music. Even if it's far from what I usually listen to, their pop has something that doesn't feel... shitty, you know? Not like the usual jpop or kpop that retarded 4channers listen to.

Anyway, I want to get more into the AKB48 music, besides the youtube videos I've used to fap to a couple of times.

Which albums should I download? Do I need to get every fucking single, or is everything a beginner like me needs collected like it should? Which DVDs do you recommend? etc.

>> No.6775027

>So, AKB48 is great fap material.
Spoken like a true AKB fan, lol.

/s/ probably knows more about them than we do. /jp/ only likes pure idols.

>> No.6775370

Their two albums Kamikyokutachi and Setlist Greatest Songs Kanzenban are pretty good starts. Unfortunately, most of their music IS single-based, so it's difficult to recommend albums. I would recommend the Beginner single; both Beginner and its first B-Side Boku Dake no Value are two of my favorites of the year, and Beginner is just amazing. I'd also looking into their subgroups, as both no3b and Watarirouka Hashiritai released really great albums (No Sleeves and Rouka wa Hashiruna respectively). If you're looking to get really into the fandom, look into their stages. AKB48's main deal is performing live shows at their theater in Akihabara, and there's tons of music there that doesn't make it onto singles, but just album recordings.

As for DVDs, one of the really fun concerts that AKB does are the setlist 100 concerts that have really long titles. But they're multi-day concerts where they perform the top 100 fan-voted songs. Actually, if you watched the Request Hour Setlist Best 100 from 2010 in backwards order (1-100), that would give you a good knowledge of AKB music/groups/etc.

>> No.6775419

>>6775370
>top 100 fan-voted songs
>100
>just the top
... I... huh. OK, starting with that DVD, I guess... thanks.

And I'm not really asking for info about getting into the fandom itself. Just the music. Although if I'm ever in japan, and I can go to akiba on a concert date, I'll definitely check it out. Not before ミドリ, though.

Thanks, broski.

>> No.6775522

Holy shit!
Niggers!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1_7sqZa0wk

>> No.6776231

>>6775419

Yeah, just the top; recently there was voting for the setlist 100 2011 concert, and they had 386 songs eligible for voting. This includes AKB48's single songs, the stage songs (because Teams A, B and K perform separately), SKE48, SDN48, subgroups and whatnot. It's kind of a lot to wrap your head around (I've been a fan for over a year and I still don't know all the members/songs/etc.), but a plus is that it IS a lot of quality stuff.

>> No.6776240
File: 78 KB, 189x189, tvman.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

"What am I looking at?
Why am I doing this anyway?
Whose idea was it to let everyone see my reaction?"

>> No.6776241

>>6775522
>This video is not available in your country.
Apparently there are no niggers in my country.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action