[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 20 KB, 423x396, 1292956902595.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6769766 No.6769766 [Reply] [Original]

I'm studying the Japanese language hoping that someday in the not too distant future I'll be able to travel to Japan. I've read from many sources that Japan is a very close-knit society and doesn't take kindly to foreigners or tourists. I respect their culture, and it seems to focus a lot on politeness from what I've seen in movies, games, and online sources.

I'm going to be visiting in the next 5 years, but am worried about this rumor that they dislike Americans. I'm not a rude person by nature, but I feel that I'd inevitably do something wrong and prove that Americans are indeed: arrogant, uncultured, and rude. I don't want this to happen, so how should I act while I'm there?

You guys would make fun of me if you ever found out that I am getting Cloud's hair, but in all honesty I just want to prove to those Japs that not all Americans are ugly, and can be quite beautiful and likable. Also, I won't get the Yakuza tattoo for obvious reasons.

I'm absolutely convinced to go to Japan, so don't even tryto persuade me not to; please just help me not make an ass of myself, and Americans in general, while I'm there.

Thank you.

>> No.6769772

What the fuck is the point of this thread?

>> No.6769782

>>6769772

You know not every thread needs to have a question. unsage.

>> No.6769783

It sounds like he is inquiring proper etiquette.

Don't look anyone right in the postnumber.

>> No.6769785
File: 20 KB, 250x250, 1293980352838.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

They will laugh at you for being top level weeaboo. Even the the worst otaku people are going to laugh at the foreign ginger with cloud hair trying to be one of them.

>> No.6769787
File: 40 KB, 400x380, 1279132535201.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>please just help me not make an ass of myself, and Americans in general, while I'm there.

Then don't? Unless you're an Eminem or a hillbilly.

>> No.6769791

>You guys would make fun of me if you ever found out that I am getting Cloud's hair, but in all honesty I just want to prove to those Japs that not all Americans are ugly, and can be quite beautiful and likable.

They already know that; they've seen Prince perform live.

>> No.6769796
File: 17 KB, 247x204, 1292081909209.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6769766

>> No.6769797
File: 68 KB, 600x600, 1294008309406.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6769782
>unsage.
You're new here, huh?

>> No.6769798
File: 2 KB, 97x126, 1294018074039s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Gomenasai /jp/, my name is Ken-Sama.

I'm a 27 year old American Otaku. I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, God Hand)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer for Square Enix!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!

>> No.6769799
File: 28 KB, 420x458, 1292955511512.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You know, a good first step would be to stop using the term "Jap". It's not just a shorter way of saying "Japanese". Actually, it's the Japanese equivalent of "beaner" for a Mexican, or "kraut" for ze Germans, "froggy" for le French, "spic" for Latin Americans, you get the picture. Calling them that won't really bring you a lot of popularity.

>> No.6769809
File: 227 KB, 722x1024, 1292873886666.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6769798
LOL

>> No.6769813
File: 6 KB, 251x201, 1281930239213.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Howdy /jp/, my name is Rawhide Kobayashi.

I'm a 27 year old Japanese Japamerican (western culture fan for you foreigners). I brand and wrangle cattle on my ranch, and spend my days perfecting my craft and enjoying superior American passtimes. (Barbeque, Rodeo, Fireworks)

I train with my branding iron every day, this superior weapon can permanently leave my ranch emblem on a cattle's hide because it is white-hot, and is vastly superior to any other method of livestock marking. I earned my branding license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak English fluently, both Texas and the Oklahoma dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about American history and their cowboy code, which I follow 100%

When I get my American visa, I am moving to Dallas to work in an oil field to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a cattle wrangler for the Double Cross Ranch or an oil rig operator for Exxon-Mobil!

I own several cowboy hats, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to America, so I can fit in easier. I rebel against my elders and seniors and speak English as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in America!

>> No.6769818

>>6769813
Whoa now, friend. Fireworks are an CHINESE invention you know?

>> No.6769821

>>6769813

FUCKING LOLING HARD. MOAR.

>> No.6769823

I''m uncertain what you want with Japan anyway. Work? Tourism?

>> No.6769828

>>6769798
>>6769813

You got a lot of fucking nerve posting that shit on here.

>> No.6769835

>>6769823
Going for work and tourism. Going to try to become an English teacher and hopefully get a Japanese wife and eventually live there.

>> No.6769837

>>6769813
Wait a minute, I thought that was Kenichi Smith

>> No.6769848

>>6769837
Please get out of my thread and continue to ignore it. You're not aiding my thread at all. Just ignore it.

>> No.6769849 [DELETED] 

>>6769837
this one?

Howdy /a/, my name is Kenichi Smith.

I'm a 27 year old Japanese Toonaholic (Cartoon fan for you foreigners). I draw cartoons and comics on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior American games. (Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty)

I train with my 1911 every day, this superior weapon can shoot straight through steel because it kicks ass, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my gun license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak English fluently, both the Midwestern and the East Coast accents, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about American history and their Constitution, which I follow 100%

When I get my American visa, I am moving to New York to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Nickelodeon or a game designer!

I own several cowboy outfits, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to America, so I can fit in easier. I keep cool to my elders and seniors and speak English as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in America!

>> No.6769854 [DELETED] 
File: 6 KB, 251x202, 1292794015873s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Howdy /a/, my name is Kenichi Smith.

I'm a 27 year old Japanese Toonaholic (Cartoon fan for you foreigners). I draw cartoons and comics on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior American games. (Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty)

I train with my 1911 every day, this superior weapon can shoot straight through steel because it kicks ass, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my gun license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak English fluently, both the Midwestern and the East Coast accents, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about American history and their Constitution, which I follow 100%

When I get my American visa, I am moving to New York to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Nickelodeon or a game designer!

I own several cowboy outfits, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to America, so I can fit in easier. I keep cool to my elders and seniors and speak English as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in America!

>> No.6769858

>>6769848
What are you getting upset about?

>> No.6769862

>>6769858
Fuck off please. You're derailing my thread and I am also reporting you. Enjoy your ban asshole. I'm sick of this saging shit.

>> No.6769869

>>6769862
Calm down.

>> No.6769870
File: 10 KB, 429x410, 1271296985523.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6769862
Someone sounds mad.

y u mad?

>> No.6769877
File: 155 KB, 1080x1080, 1293870864283.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6769862
How American of you.

>> No.6769878

>>6769862
lol, not sure if serious

>> No.6769889

>>6769785

There's nothing wrong with Weeaboos and wapanese. These are just names made up by some closet racists who like to tell other white people what they should like and what they should not like.

If you like Japanese stuff, more power to you. If not, that's fine too. Just make sure you yourself decide what you like, and don't let other narrow-minded nationalists decide for you.

>> No.6769895

>>6769862
>he still reads 'sage' as 'seij'

>> No.6769892

>>6769862
Are you frustrated?

>> No.6769897

sageing as hard as I can

>> No.6769901
File: 54 KB, 640x480, 1292864080985.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

have fun with your sailor suits and your girl groping. Just don't get caught. Or if you get caught, hide your identity and just tell people you're japanese.

>> No.6769908

>>6769862
/jp/ is for otaku culture.

Things involving Japan go to >>>/int/.

We hope you enjoyed your stay.

>> No.6769940

Tjener /jp/, my name is Kenta Thorsen
I'm a 27 year old American underjordsbo (Scandinavian culture lover for you outlanders). I draw Norse runestones on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Scandinavian games. (Bad Company 2, Mirror's Edge, Max Payne)
I train with my dane axe every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is made from iron from the Scandinavian fjells: Kölen, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my strids?kse license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.
I speak Norse fluently, both Swedish and Norwegian dialects, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Scandinavian history and their æsir code, which I follow 100 percent.
When I get my Finnish visa, I am moving to Helsinki to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent social welfare system. I hope I can become a skald or a game designer!
I own several horned helmets, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Scandinavia, so I can fit in easier. I adress my elders and seniors by first name and speak Norse as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.
Anyone have some tips so I can fully experience the Scandinavian lifestyle?
Wish me luck in Finland!

>> No.6769955
File: 36 KB, 333x419, 1282305725974.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6769940
Whoops, forgot my photo

>> No.6769973

For 23 years and 11 months had I suffered them, the ignorant gaijin back home who sickened me with their microwaved culture and their materialism. The spindly losers in the anime club who cared only for anime and not a whit for the superior monoethnic culture to which it was endemic. Well no more. Fucking zettai no more. I touched down in the country I was certain I had lived all my previous lives, no doubt as a badass ronin samurai ninja or some shit. I had never been here, but I had returned.

Nippon-sama, tadaima!

No sooner had I left the airport when I saw the woman of my dreams. She confirmed my every hope, my every ideal of this great land. The light coming in through the sakura backlit her like a full body halo. She was made of demure and soft spoken. Of bowing and bento.

Of Japan and perfect.

>> No.6769980

My heart started doki doki-ing all over the shop. And then she saw me! Spotted me in the crowd! Well, of course she did, I was like a head taller than the fucking hobbits they call men around here. I was in no state of mind to meet her gaze, and tried to look away but I was paralysed. She was just so ... prettyu ...

And just like that she started walking over. Her walk was just pure concentrated sex. If you poured a glass of it sex fumes would just rise right off the top. I loved the way the light danced unevenly over her pristine porcelain skin as she walked. The way she did more for me by showing just her shoulders than any American girls could by showing their entire gaping cleavage for all the world to SEE THIS YOU SHOULD TAKE NOTES, THIS IS WHAT SEXY IS YOU FUCKING WHORES -

"おげようごります"。
Oh shit, what did she say? She said something! To me! But I wasn't con –
"おげんきですか"。
OK, OK, I know this one. Where have I heard it before? Naruto 43? Oh god she's so hot –
"わたしのなまえは かお です"。
Fuck, I couldn't find the right words. Was it oro? Was it dattebayo? Was it anata baka?!?
"おなまえはなんすか"。

>> No.6769985

You know what, it doesn't even matter! Her voice sounds as good as she looks. I don't need to say anything. I could do this forever. This is goddamn bliss.
"..."

She suddenly seemed apprehensive, like she was cautious of what she wanted to say next. Loveu loveu confession desu?!
"Yes, what is it?" I blurted out.
"OH HEY MAN YOU SPEAKING ENGLISH?"
"What?" What?
"OH YEAH YOU DOES HAY NICE I LIKE."
No. NO! This was not coming from her mouth. It couldn't be.
"OH HAY YOU FROM AMERICA I LIKE. SO COOL! FUCK!"
no no no no no no
"I LOVE ALL AMERICA MOVIE AND SERIE. OH HAY DO YOU WATCH FRIENDS YES. ROSS AND RACHEL. COOL!"
"Um ... pleasu speaku Japanesu."
"NO ENGLISH MUCH BETTER I LEARN MANY YEAR AND COLOUR HAIR TO LOOK LIKE HILLARY DUFF. SO CUTE! FUCK!"
"I CAN SPEAK JAPANESEU SO ONEGAI PLEASE SPEAK JAPANESE TO WATASHI!"
"MORE INTENSITY LOGER MOORE RIP MY STOCKINGS RIP MY STOCKINGS LOL"

>> No.6771353

>>6769980

LOL

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action