[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 142 KB, 561x800, UtsuroNoHako4_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6762161 No.6762161[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Quick question, /jp/.

Are Light Novels /jp/ material? Or is it as long as a LN has an anime, it's considered /a/ material? Because honestly, I've never seen a LN discussion here. Only VNs and Touhou.

>> No.6762165

>>>/a/
By the way that's a shitty LN

>> No.6762169

You can discuss LN here if you want but no one does that.

>> No.6762178

Nobody here follows rules anyway what fucking difference will it make

>> No.6762179

Asking if it's /jp/ related or saying it's /jp/ related is a good sign that you shouldn't post it here.

>> No.6762188

/jp/ material technically, but good luck starting a thread about one.

>> No.6762193

>>6762165
Way to not respond me properly at all.

And I posted a picture of that LN because it has no anime. Hell, I could've posted a Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai picture and it wouldn't make much of a difference.

>>6762169
>>6762179
Actually. I've never seen a LN discussion here on /jp/. Only Visual Novels, some MMOs, and Touhou, reason enough to wonder about it.

>> No.6762200

>>6762193
>Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai picture
Actually, you can talk about that in /a/, it has a manga.
And yes, there have been LN threads, mainly recommendations, but whatever.

>> No.6762210

>>6762165
Ignore the ridiculous faggots who think they are board police, as anime and manga is for anime and manga, and light novels are neither.

To be honest though we never talk about them. Not many are translated and most are pretty bad. Light novel is just Japan's term for young adult, and we've only really been exposed to them through the anime adaptations. Honestly, I don't find the writing in any of them except Spice and Wolf and Kino's Journey to be any good. I mean, they're basically young adult books and they're written like dumbed down literature for kids. As someone who was once a kid, I find that kind of literature really insulting.

So yeah. I'm not sure if anyone else feels that way personally about the whole light novel thing, but we many talk about VNs instead.

>> No.6762240

>>6762210
>and we've only really been exposed to them through the anime adaptations.
Yeah, that seems to be the case with most (known) light novels around; Haruhi, for example. While I enjoy it, because of the anime, I don't see /jp/ as a place to discuss this LN.

Either way. Thread purpose hit.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action