[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 115 KB, 1024x586, bb12a43d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6747267 No.6747267 [Reply] [Original]

What if I say i'd provide a service to ship anything from Japan for you guys at a small charge?

It would be better than most services because you will never have to pay import taxes because I can declare anything as 0 yen.

I'll delete this thread later.

>> No.6747277

depends on what you are going to sell.
sounds interesting though

>> No.6747280

>>6747277
Anything that I can get.
I live in Hokkaido though.

>> No.6747285

If you can ship to the Philippines, why not?

>> No.6747295

While it does sound interesting, how can we trust you?

I'd rather use a reputable broker service than ask some random guy living several thousand miles away that I met on /jp/ to ship my packages to the US.

>> No.6747297

>>6747285
I can ship to anywhere.

>> No.6747300

>>6747295
I think paypal have some kind of anti-scamming service.
We can use that.

>> No.6747303

>>6747295
Basically this, trust issue.

Maybe if a few people had spare money to build up some credibility with you untill you've been established as trustworthy. Because you're doing this under the table, so to speak, its hard to bring legal matters into it to guarantee anything.

That said, i'd love to have some human contact buying things for me as a proxy.

>> No.6747321

>>6747300
It's kinda useless at times though.

>> No.6747344

>>6747321
I can set up a merchant account at Paypal I think.

>> No.6747352

Say I want to buy a book or two from toranoana, how much would I have to pay for the fees?

>> No.6747353

>>6747303
>doing this under the table
Not really since there's no regulations saying you can't put 0 yen in the value field.

>> No.6747360

do it. make sure to addvertise on /jp/ so I can use you.

>> No.6747363

>>6747352
What do you think is appropriate?

>> No.6747456

OP, you wont be making much after all the shipping and paypal fees. You'd have to charge at least the same as other proxy services just to make it worth the time.

Unless you're genuinely a nice person and just want to provide an exclusive service for /jp/ers

>> No.6747465

if you do, advertise.
advertise enough to get your email around and get people buttmad enough to remember you
but not too much to get banned.

>> No.6747481

>>6747456
I heard other proxy services writes the real cost of the goods on the label so you have to pay import tax to the customs, not?

>> No.6747486

>>6747267
What kind of figs/daki/etc. do you have?

>> No.6747487

>>6747481
Yes, that's what makes it not fraud.

>> No.6747505

>>6747487
then it makes this guy's service profitable.
I'll be looking for you next time I buy.

>> No.6747518

>>6747487
Nobody cared what I wrote in the value field when I sent packages to my relatives in another country so I don't think it counts as a fraud.

>> No.6747528

>>6747518
I think you can just say it's a gift and say it's 0
that's what the ebay people from hong kong do.

>> No.6747529

>>6747518
values for presents and values for items sold are different. but you can get caught if you are shipping a lot of gifts. it's pretty suspicious. You really think you're the first person to ever think of lying to customs to save money?

>> No.6747531

>>6747518
You weren't sending dozens of packages a week.

>> No.6747535

>>6747518
You know what, they also don't give you a ticket every time you speed. That doesn't make speeding legal.

>> No.6747536

>>6747528
Yes but I didn't declare them as a gift, just wrote things like

Items :
Books
Value :
0 yen

Then there's only 1 book in the package and about 3 PS3 games, and 1 DVD and a figure.

>> No.6747542
File: 48 KB, 800x600, p1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6747531
I did send four cardboard boxes (like in the picture) at once, all declared as 0 yen (not declared as a gift though)

>> No.6747563

You will have to write the appropriate value on the label. You can fudge it by setting it to the value of "used goods" instead of new. Remove the price stickers of course.

There is a significant chance the japanese customs or the usa customs will catch you with incorrect value since you will be a repeat sender. Those get flagged in the computer. I remember one of my packages inspected; a number of items not listed were REMOVED (confiscated) but there was no fine and I certainly didn't want to press any case against customs. It was one of the packages I sent to my usa home address when I was in tokyo for Wonderfest model convention.

As for profit, it is understood that OP keeps all discount points and free item awards for the purchases. That will help add incentive. For those who have not shopped in Japan, some stores have additional discounts for large purchases, points cards, etc. I remember redeeming enough of them before to get free CDs, karaoke bags, 15% discount certificates on next purchase, etc.

Oh, if you can find a Fatal Pulse Victim Girls #3 doujin, that is the only one that still has no complete translation. The one SaHa put out was actually released by the private commissioner who only let out chapter 3 out of the 3 chapters of the doujin. That's why the victim girls #3 has no covers, chapter 1 & 2, end notes, or colophon page.

>> No.6747569

>>6747542
uhh that is a little suspicious,
not going to be surprised if you get caught with that.
as long as the buyer doesn't have to pay for the fine I'll be cool with it.

>> No.6747634

I dont know about other people/countries, but I've had well over 50 shipments and none of them ever got taxed or seized by customs. I'd be more worried about parcels getting lost

>> No.6747648

Enjoy being charged premium prices.

This person is doing what I plan to do in 8 months time, and I won’t deny for a moment that everything I intend to sell, I will be aiming to get double what I paid for.

>> No.6747660
File: 131 KB, 724x593, 9ae9e5fa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6747569
In Japan constantly many things are sold at a fraction of the full price. That's why you can't rely on the price tag on the goods. Thus making them not to care what you write on the value, as I assume.

Picture related, it's new and the full price is 6000 yen.

>> No.6747665

>>6747563
I will keep the points as I have the point cards.
So I will profit even if I don't charge fees.

>> No.6747914

also something thats probably obvious, couldnt you just use the same domestic shipping box and relabel it to send again? It'll be useful for cutting down those extra costs

>> No.6750025
File: 287 KB, 1142x1613, a wise fabre.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you don't want to have a lot of pain, you will have to charge enough to make up for the related costs you have:
(1) Product cost
(2) Amortized costs (internet, material, phone)
(3) Transportation (yamanote & one transfer) x3
(4) Packaging materials**1
(5) Shipping materials**2
(6) Amortized compensation for customers who will scam you (claim it never arrived when it did)
(7) Amortized compensation for "customers from hell" who are unpleasable no matter what.

---
NOTE 1:
The best packaging method is to mount the items in middle of piece of cardboard so that there is 4cm clearance to the edges of the cardboard. Thus, when the box is crushed, the items will typically remain pristine.

NOTE 2:
The best shipping method is to use very stout shipping boxes. Typically, this is either double walled cardboard. If you buy it in a japanese shop, it will prolly be two separate boxes with one sliding over the other to form the lid.

----
Back when I was a fanatic, it was easiest once I found a reliable proxy to send a set amount of money ahead of time and instructions as to the type of things I like and what not to buy. If they saw something that looked good and was a hot deal, they would buy it and send it to me since I could trust the proxy's ability to decide if I wanted it or not. Such things are easy if you have instructions like buy one each of every release from this circle. It's a little harder but still not too bad if you send a JPG of Rider and say you want a dakimakuri cover if it looks like this or better (acceptable poses, 3D, bright colour, firm printing, full bleed background, etc).

>> No.6750096

I live in the U.S. which means basically nothing gets import taxed. You'd have to have a low base charge to get my business. If it was low enough, I'd probably use you at least a few times a year, probably more to buy doujinshi from tora no ana/melonbooks etc. Actually something like a "number of purchases" charge would be better since a lot of stuff I buy won't come out at the same time. Like $10/whatever price for 4 separate times. I don't know how much; the above is just an example.

I just want a way to make sure I get doujinshi before they sell out without having to pay something like a $5-10 fee every time I want to buy something even if I'm just buying one doujinshi. The fee is as much if not more than the doujinshi which makes for sad. You could hold them til I racked up enough to make it worth sending (because sending one doujinshi overseas is just as stupid as paying a large store buying fee for one doujinshi)

>> No.6750128
File: 74 KB, 640x480, Marigelion.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sending money to the proxy ahead of any purchases (on deposit) gives flexibility in buying things the fan would not know about. For example, a box of Hello Kitty sanitary napkins. Pictured is a limited edition Neon Genesis Evangelion Mari "You Can (not) Advance" facial tissue box sold only at the Lawson's convenience store chain.

>> No.6750140

>>6750128
I'd be fine with a deposit of some sort too. Maybe like 2000 yen til he gets enough rep to be trusted with larger amounts.

>> No.6750155

>>6750140
should be optional though. only if the buyer wants a deposit and not mandatory.

if smj did anything right (even with their high fees) it's that they only did an authorization on your card and not an actual charge when they set your buying limit

>> No.6750163

>>6750096

Aren't you worried about being charged for receiving obscene material in the mail?

>> No.6750169

it'd be better if you started a manga/doujinshi scanning service for people who don't care about having a physical copy. you wouldn't have to worry about shipping, but then you'd have to be careful about not getting reported by butthurt japs for sharing illegal content or something.

>> No.6750172

>>6750163
I've bought raita stuff (among many other artists but he's probably the one that would make people the angriest) on multiple separate occasions and have never been tagged for it, so no.

>> No.6750192
File: 264 KB, 1195x800, FreeIkarosDakimakuraCoverWith LE SoraNoOtoshimonoDVD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

On the spot whim purchase? Free Ikaros dakimakura cover with purchase of Sora no Otoshimono DVD offer

>> No.6750200

>>6750192
you'd better get shit like that for paying the 7000 yen for a dvd

>> No.6750271

I always wanted a contact in Japan for the automotive auctions. Used cars are so much cheaper in japan, but we get burned by the importer companies here in Canada (especially on sports cars).

I look at something like this, and I would buy it in a heartbeat:

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r73354458

A year or two back I was going to import a car (I had all the shipping fees calculated, legal paperwork for both sides of the pacific figured out etc) but the guy I was going to deal with in Japan was getting out of the buisness. he had a flat fee of $1000 for any car, which was a lot better than the big companies charge.

>> No.6750284
File: 18 KB, 393x273, laptop_pillow.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Would you accept deposits big enough to buy a laptop? *wink*

>> No.6750295

Oh man, how much would it cost if you were to ship me like 20 bags of Bokun Habaneros to Canada?

A japanese store near a big city used to have them but they don't anymore, I love them

>> No.6750302

>>6747267

It'd be popular and you could make good money.

I have a Japanese friend I order stuff through; I typically pay him a tip of about 1500 yen for an order.

>> No.6750306

see you've got all sorts of orders set up right now
as long as you were shown to not burn people you'd have long term business

>> No.6750339
File: 294 KB, 600x399, Keyboard_Carnelian2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Browsing thru the computer stores looking at the anime keyboards?... Might take a sneaky picture (shops ban camera use) with cellphone and ask "Is this the keyboard you wanted?". But with a deposit, you could simply buy it and send it right away. Regardless, having the kana printed on the keys might be helpful for some people trying to type out japanese characters.

>> No.6750410

>>6750339
>having the kana printed on the keys might be helpful for some people trying to type out japanese characters
hahaha

>> No.6750526
File: 79 KB, 640x480, akihabara KBooks 3rdFloor.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Amazon.com.jp and other japanese companies do not ship outside the country. But you can do a re-shipping service where the buyer ships the box to your place. You do NOT open the shipping box, thus guaranteeing to the buyer that anything missing is not your fault. You then either relabel (cover with sturdy shipping paper and enough tape to keep address from ripping off or put into another box).

On the third floor of K-Books in Akihabara, one of the magazine racks gives you an idea how desperate they are to sell to you.... Some of the magazine covers have 3D features to entice you to buy them.... Would you really buy a magazine that has a 3D cameltoe?

A magazine that has yet to be scanned is Idoloid Magazine which is about life-sized japanese dolls. A scan of this would be pretty hot.

http://www.wordpress.tokyotimes.org/?p=739

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/4862524451/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&languag
e=en_JP

http://i-doloid.coremagazine.co.jp/

>> No.6750577

>I'll delete this thread later.

You know easymodo, don't you?

>> No.6750590

I'm sorta tempted!
I can't use AmiAmi and there's some stuff I want.

>> No.6750605

>>6747528
Packages from Hong King are interesting. I got stuff like:
"GIFT, Comics, 10 HK"
That is about 2 percent of the actual value, and it wasn't a gift.
(Value below bagatelle limit (=no customs to pay) anyway.)

>> No.6750640

>>6750526
>Amazon.com.jp and other japanese companies do not ship outside the country.
They do, but the shipping rate is so extraordinary high, that it isn't feasible to buy from there most times.
Exceptions are video games and 18+ content, though, as far as I remember.

>> No.6750942
File: 131 KB, 1440x809, 1293457584569.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6750942,1 [INTERNAL] 

So what happened to OP?

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action