[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 58 KB, 865x810, 1293773511986.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6720591 No.6720591 [Reply] [Original]

Sort of an OTAKU CULTURE question, but Is there really a difference between loose leaf tea and bag tea? If leaves are already in the bags how is there a difference?

>> No.6720597

Ask to British.

>> No.6720610

TEABAGGING?

>> No.6720614

From the image you have chosen I'll have to tell you to fuck off.

Also >>>/ck/

>> No.6720639

Loose leaf is always better because you can guarantee the freshness of the ingredients. Tea leaves need to be stored correctly to maintain their quickly depleting freshness, and bags in a box just doesn't cut it.

I pulled this information ENTIRELY out of my ass.

>> No.6720651

Bagged tea typically uses fannings, which is basically tea dust that's left over after picking out the bigger leaves. It increases surface area so the tea infuses faster, but tea snobs claim that fannings taste muddier and are inferior to loose leaf teas.

>> No.6720725

>>6720651

My cheap loose leaf oolong tastes a little better than my cheap bagged oolong, and I've never had a bagged green tea that was worth a damn...the only real benefit of teabags is portability. I've never run into bagged tea that uses really high quality leaves, including stuff like Tazo, Stash, Zhenya, and so on...it's always middling stuff.

>> No.6720748

Typically low quality tea prioritizing efficiency and consistency over quality. You're usually getting a blend of dust that has as much to do with a good pot of tea as a McDonald's hamburger does with a quality steak. You're also paying more than it's worth because teabags are branded and have advertising costs. Even the upmarket tea condoms have their quality issues.
The most damning thing in my eyes, though, is that it cheapens the ritual.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action