[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 48 KB, 800x751, e9074b6fd967844453f62be2e3dc927718903141.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6701973 No.6701973 [Reply] [Original]

How is it possible that Erika never noticed ShKanon?

Okay, in EP6 there was no detective authority so pretty much everything could be bullshit, but in EP5 it was in place.

>> No.6701977

She has no love.

Alternatively, she never gave a damn about actually solving anything, but framing Natsuhi

>> No.6701993

>>6701977

Still makes no sense.

>> No.6701997

How is it possible that anonymous goes to /jp/ but never noticed this question being answered before?

Okay, so anonymous may not be around here so pretty much all bets could be off, but right now he's here.

>> No.6702001
File: 512 KB, 640x480, 1292972753577.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

she´s more incompetent than battler. There you have it.

>> No.6702045

>>6701977

Answer is really that retarded? Seriously?

>> No.6702065

I had a theory about this. Don't have time to type it all out right now, I'll get back with it later. Didn't really get it until after Episode 7, but I should have realized sooner. It's the same deal as what happened to Battler in previous episodes, scenes were intentionally omitted to keep Erika from realizing what it was her piece actually knew.

Basically, Lambda trolled her hard.

>> No.6702073

>>6701993
>>6702045
She was too busy with making duct tape seals, stalking Battler, trying to please Bern, and making Natsuhi out to be the culprit to care about the details of Yasu. It's not like Shkanon would change her argument against Natsuhi anyways, so even if she did notice, she probably didn't care.

>> No.6702087

>>6702045
Here's my answer.

Erika is not another person, but rather, a personality. Namely, she is Jessica. Kanon was created by Jessica and Yasu. Thus the name belongs to both of them and both Jessica and Yasu can play as Kanon. In Episode 7, we get a line where Will commands both of them to appear at once. He is warned that it is doable. We then get a monologue about how experienced chess players have a duty to warn people when they make stupid mistakes. Because Jessica and Yasu can both play Kanon and "own" the name, it would have been possible.

>> No.6702091 [DELETED] 

>>6702065
That might work for episode 5, but it doesn't really make much sense for episode 6. It seemed like she was in control of her piece on the board the entire time for episode 6.

>> No.6702129

so where is Umineko EP8?

>> No.6702137

>>6702129
comes out in 4 days

>> No.6702195

>>6702087
My theory is that your reading comprehension is poor.

>> No.6702405

>>6701973

Because she IS shkanon.

>> No.6702730

>>6702405

Yeah, half of the people on the island are Yasu...

>> No.6702740

Yasu Yasu Yasu, I wanna boogie with you.

UNH.

KEEP DIDLING THE MAIDS DIDFAGS

>> No.6703666

>>6702065
Okay, I said I'd explain my theory about why Erika doesn't notice Shkannon in Episode 5. As said by the OP, she didn't notice in Episode 6 for obvious reasons. In Episode 5, however, the game master was someone decidedly capricious...

This is going to be rather roundabout.

Let me start with a question: Now, we know that, at the end of each episode, the bomb goes off and kills anyone still alive who isn't in Kuwadorian. Okay. In Episodes 1-4, the person arming the bomb is either Yasu, or else the person who solved the epitaph. I believe that the epitaph was probably solved in truth in several of the episodes, if not all of them- remember from the Episode 7 tea party? Beatrice already had the bomb activated when the siblings got down there on the FIRST night. If this is a part of her plan (and why wouldn't it be? She couldn't have planned for the storm far in advance), then the island should be exploding on the first night in EVERY game. But it doesn't. Thus, the epitaph is solved.

Also, Beatrice is waiting for the solver of the epitaph in the gold room, watching over the clock. If she wasn't, the game would end there anyway, since noone else knows about the bomb aside from probably Genji. So in every game, Yasu goes to the gold room to wait for someone from the family to show up, or else for the island to explode. Beatrice explains to the solvers about the bomb, cash card, guns etc.

So, my question- who turned off the bomb in Episode 5? And back on on the second day? Remember how Episode 5 ended...?

>> No.6703668

>>6703666
So yeah. Battler himself said it- that he wasn't the detective, so he could be the culprit. And in fact, I'm strongly thinking he was. Or at the very least, he knew about the bomb, and didn't warn anyone or shut it off.

So lets imagine for a moment- Yasu's or Shannon's, or Beatrice's... or whoever's, dream comes true when the one to solve the epitaph is Battler. He and Erika march in, and see the gold. Then Beatrice emerges from behind the curtains, tells Battler the usual, shuts off the bomb, and probably hands over the cash card.

From there, one can speculate. Battler probably gets a hunch about the truth of things seeing her up close, and Beatrice explains the truth of things. Since she also solved the epitaph, Erika probably hears the whole truth too (but Lambda omits this scene, hehe)... Same as when Episode 2 ended- Beato was waiting for Battler in Kinzo's study to tell him everything before the bomb went off.

After this, Battler hides the guns (notice how the guns never came out in this Ep?), and brings down the rest of the family. From there... it's kind of tricky.

>> No.6703872
File: 95 KB, 640x480, shkannontrice1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You know, Erika saw both Shannon and Kanon together in Episode 5. I love how this gets glossed over without explanation.

If Episode 8 does turn out to be Phoenix Wright-like, with CONTRADICTIONS, this is exactly what you need to pay attention to.

>> No.6703896
File: 76 KB, 640x480, shkannontrice2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

And here's Kanon, in the same scene.

The only work around for this is that it's Battler looking at the game board, not Erika in the first person. But that's ridiculous, sine it defeats the point of all the red text just before this seen. It was specifically said that the number of people in "this room" was equal to the number of people on the island, and then Lambda showed Battler this scene.

>> No.6703936

>>6703896

The Detective can't be involved in any kind of fictitious scene. Battler was never seen with any delusions.

Remember that the game before was Battler looking at his piece on the game board, in Ep5. it's Battler/Bern looking at Erika on the game board. The same rules should apply - Erika can't appear in a fantasy scene on the game board.

>> No.6703958

>>6703666
ep 5 is another what if

a big what if yasu wanted to make the person who threw her/him of a cliff pay ?

no need for a bomb then because natsumi is finished

>> No.6703964

Anon, isn't it possible that Erika/Battler solved the epitaph before that scene, and encouraged Yasu to dress up as Kanon?

>> No.6703969

>>6703958
This could be the motivation behind
>>6703964
this, no?

>> No.6704071

>>6703896
>>6703872

Why is nobody paying attention to this?

Are we just meant to ignore the Erika games completely?

>> No.6704455

>>6704071

This.

>> No.6705243

>>6703668
Fucking DDoS. Lost my train of thought now.

Essentially, Battler, Erika and Yasu conspire to trick Natsuhi into admitting she threw Yasu off the cliff 19 years ago. After all, as much as Yasu might suspect, there is no way to prove it wasn't an accident.

The rest of the family was also a part of the scheme, but only half way- they were told by Battler when they gathered in the mansion that the plan was to create a 'mystery' for Erika to solve. So, Rosa goes back early to set up the cousins, Genji locks himself in his room, and Krauss hides so he can play hostage when Yasu makes the phone call to Natsuhi.

Natsuhi, of course, has no idea. The rest of the family is told by Battler that everyone is in on it, so they all play their roles.

That's why Erika backed off in Kinzo's study- since she's in the 'real' plot, she knows the goal here isn't to convict Natsuhi of hiding Kinzo's death, it's to convict her of murder. Remember how Battler technically should have lost that debate, but he was allowed to win? In the meta world, that's because Lambda interfered, but in the real world it had to have been because he was LET win.

>> No.6705344

>>6705243

Everything proceeds pretty much as seen from here. Hideyoshi does his murder act, Erika corners Natsuhi, and Natsuhi breaks down and confesses. Battler: "It's useless isn't it? It's all... useless".

I can only guess as to who armed the bomb. Battler, despairing at how corrupt his whole family is? Yasu, who decided to just end it all? Erika, because she's a crazy bitch? Hard to say.

What's significant here is the fact that piece Erika DID know about Shkannon (she never refers to them separately in that Episode, after the epitaph is solved. Just speaks in their direction). Meta Erika doesn't know, because Lambda omitted any scene that might give a direct clue to that.

Remember, the characters in the meta world don't have some kind of psychic connection to their game board pieces. At times, Battler has even commented that he doesn't know what the piece version of himself is thinking (Episode 2 in Jessica's room). The meta world players can only see what the Game Master shows them, and Lambda was being exceptionally tricky. And with the scenes shown, there really is no way meta Erika COULD guess at Shkannon. It's just not even possible to figure out in the context of Episode 5.

As for Episode 6... being tricked thoroughly in 5 probably didn't help. Battler probably solving the epitaph on his own, or with some of the family doesn't help either. The guns are in the family members hands, remember? Though they are never fired. Battler probably unloaded them. Just a part of the show he came up with to troll Erika with.

>> No.6705685

So basically tl;dr in the games Erika is in, Battler is the culprit

It all makes sense!

>> No.6706173

>>6705685
Well, Episode 6 is really a mess. But Erika is the one who killed the victims of the first twilight.

Still, I think it's likely that Battler solved the epitaph, and was told about the bomb etc. If you want to get really deep about it, Battler and Erika might have been in on it in both of her episodes.

Erika says she's not interested in the gold? So what? She's smart enough to realize the same thing Kyrie and and Eva did in Ep 7- the gold is almost useless to her. The billion yen in cash is another story altogether.

And for all we know, even Battler isn't immune to the lure of that much money.

>> No.6706181

>>6706173
>>6705685

Hasn't it been stated in Red that Battler isn't the culprit, or is that a BATTLER/Battler wordgame?

>> No.6706182

Because she is a fucking moron.

>> No.6706211

>>6706181
That shouldn't apply from ep.6 onwards...

>> No.6706247

>>6706181
Wasn't this stated in EP4? From EP1 to EP4 he was the detective, so he couldn't be the culprit.
He can be perfectly the murderer in EP5 and in EP6, since he's not the detective anymore.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action