[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 224 KB, 848x480, DAIFRIENDCIRCLEFIX'D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6689640 No.6689640 [Reply] [Original]

Rape, Marry, Kill.

>> No.6689651

Rape Suigin, marry ZUN, kill Sion

>> No.6689647

report - this thread

>> No.6689654
File: 102 KB, 910x420, really now.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6689654,1 [INTERNAL] 

Did a mod seriously sticky this shit while letting the kinect spammer roam free?

>> No.6689654,2 [INTERNAL] 

/jp/ JUST GOT AWESOME!

>> No.6689654,3 [INTERNAL] 

I'm not even surprised anymore

>> No.6689654,4 [INTERNAL]  [DELETED] 

Mod /z/ banned me then stickied this? I don't really feel like resetting my router.

>> No.6689654,5 [INTERNAL] 

It even has my filename. Oh you, mod!

>> No.6689654,6 [INTERNAL] 

It's like I'm really on /a/.

>> No.6689654,7 [INTERNAL]  [DELETED] 

>>6689654,4
Oh I see. The mod has been /z/ banning the spammer and mistook my thread for not valid content. Not a surprising mistake.

>> No.6689654,8 [INTERNAL] 

>Stop trying to report a sticky.
>Close

>> No.6689654,9 [INTERNAL] 

Why /jp/ is so awesome?

>> No.6689654,10 [INTERNAL] 

Posting in a sticky.

>> No.6689654,11 [INTERNAL] 

Seriously.
Why would you even do this on /jp/? It's not like it'd give you attention or EPIC LULZ or so.

>> No.6689654,12 [INTERNAL] 

To anyone that is actually surprised: all of 4chan's mods are content with the state of /b/. They are also happy that moot is trying to turn 4chan into facebook. When confronted with the fact that they are the reason 4chan is so shitty, they ban you, yet can't find time to ban spammers.

Your tax dollars at work.

>> No.6689654,13 [INTERNAL] 

I think this mod is trying to send a message.

Stop with this stupid cocksucking festival on /jp/, tripfag fanboys are shit.

>> No.6689654,14 [INTERNAL] 

>>6689654,12
Fuck you.

>> No.6689654,15 [INTERNAL] 

>>6689654,13
Oh, you are so cute Anon. You think the 4chan staffs really give a shit and want to teach us something? Nope, they just want to shit on us and our miserable lives.
>>6689654,14
OK, AoC, where is the new janitor that you have promised us? The spam has been running rampant and there are so many underage retards from /v/ and /vp/ that I want to track their address down through the IP address and kill them IRL.

>> No.6689654,16 [INTERNAL] 

>>6689654,14

No, fuck you moron, i don't know why you still have the guts to show your ugly face here after you decided to run away like a fucking coward.

I used to have respect for you until your showed everyone that you are a weak emo faggot constantly bitching about life.

Go make more suicide notes in your blog or just keep taking it easy at Tohno-chan.

>6689654,15

AoC probably doesn't have any power, influence or authority to promote people for the janitor position.

Get used to the new /jp/.

>> No.6689654,17 [INTERNAL] 

So much asspain from /jp/. I love it. I hope people keep shitposting because your tears fuel me.

>> No.6689654,18 [INTERNAL] 

>>6689654,15
Silly Anonymous, I never promised such a thing.
All I said was that I trusted the staff I was leaving behind to do a good job. But /jp/ is such a hassle to moderate that I don't blame them.

And to be fair, they're working, just not as fast or as frequent as I was towards the end when I went maniac. Look at the bright side, the worst offenders are being deleted eventually and they're able to take it easy unlike me. Just get used to this new order of things. Previous meido was known for being lazy after all. The new one can be one that can relax and not go all zealot on you.

One last thing though. Report properly. Don't report someone because the post disagrees with you or is not up to some standard of quality you have defined arbitrarily. Report for spam when it's spam. Report often and properly.
Staff doesn't lurk all the time, but they do check the reports. Don't give them too much noise to bury the actual problems, and provide enough evidence that there's a spam problem ongoing to warrant wider action. And of course, you have to make enough good threads to overtake the spam eventually. Let the janitors carry the burden of handling the idiots, you just ignore and provide enough quality discussion to replace the shit. And of course, remember that the board goes beyond page 0. Bump good threads that were somehow ignored.

Just, forget about the days of threads being deleted in 3 seconds. It wasn't that good anyway, it only compounded the problems. Although I'll admit, getting a <1s mecha meido running on the recent sig/avatar tripfags would have been sweet. But it wouldn't be a solution, it would be sweeping it under the rug.
Janitors can't solve your problems. The board has to fix itself.

Do your best and good luck. The board is not beyond repair at the moment, but it will head there quickly unless you step up.

>> No.6689654,19 [INTERNAL] 

>>6689654,16
I'll just say this: SSRIs are a hell of a medication. It wasn't a good thing that such an event coincided with a mood swing/depressive phase.

Eh, I'm better now. Hard to recognize that the moron going all emotional over this was me, but so is life with my mental issues. Sorry you had to see that, and I deeply apologize for that.
Look at the bright side, no more unstable zealots at the helm.

>> No.6689654,20 [INTERNAL] 

>But /jp/ is such a hassle to moderate that I don't blame them.

You subnet ban obvious repeat offenders forever. Nearly every proxy that the morons would figure out to use has been banned for CP. In the event of the obvious /b/ influx, start banning on sight.

It's just not that fucking hard. People act like the ones responsible are indistinguishable from the general population, but they're not.

>> No.6689654,21 [INTERNAL] 

>assorted bitching about moderation

Why do we even care at this point?
Let's move on. Let's turn the page on this sorry chapter of our lives and walk away. Let's remember /jp/ as the board she was, not the board she has become.

>> No.6689654,22 [INTERNAL] 

>>6689654,20
>You subnet ban obvious repeat offenders forever.
Too many innocent bystanders, it just can't be done. That, or they switch providers altogether.
It has happened before. Just another useless tool in the face of really, really bored people.

Give it up. All that can be done is being done. Make a positive change instead of waiting for a mod to reach down and pull you out of the miasma you produced yourselves.

Of course, feel free to leave at any time. Plenty of internet out there my man, you can always go away and stop dealing with lost ground. Worrying about the board is self-imposed, you can take off that load at any time.
It's what I had to do.

>> No.6689654,23 [INTERNAL] 

>>6689654,22
AoC, there is no such thing as an innocent bystander. This is 4chan.
And just how autistic would you have to be to change ISPs to avoid a ban?

>> No.6689654,24 [INTERNAL] 

>>6689654,23
abatap, the /tv/ spammer.
He literally has no life except to spam all day. So when one of his providers was banned entirely, he switched. Such is life in Russia.

So even if they went ahead and decided nothing of value would be lost by locking out a third of the US, the target could eventually come back just as easily. It's a solution that only becomes viable when the provider has low enough numbers.

>> No.6689654,25 [INTERNAL] 

I think this happened because I linked a mod on irc to Felipe's stream thread along with a collage explaining why he should be banned (it showed his gaia account, youtube account with his real age (17) furry sites accounts and a few examples of his shitty threads here)
Maybe he skimmed through the front page and misclicked the delete function and chose the close/sticky function.

>> No.6689654,26 [INTERNAL] 

OP IS BETA BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!

>> No.6689654,27 [INTERNAL] 

I somewhat remember that a few days ago an Anon said we would have a trip friend sticky on Christmas.

>> No.6689654,28 [INTERNAL] 

>Such is life in Russia.

Why even allow Russian ISPs in the first place? The mere fact that you haven't banned Russia entirely is a testament to the fact that 4chan's moderation is absolute suck. Other capture methods exist for repeat offenders like Sion, as well. It's just a matter of not caring.

>> No.6689654,29 [INTERNAL] 

>>6689654,28
>Why even allow Russian ISPs in the first place?

Yeah, all non-Americans are shitposters, right? Let's just ban all countries besides America.

>> No.6689654,30 [INTERNAL] 

Well blocking everyone but the USA would get rid of a lot of shit.

>> No.6689654,31 [INTERNAL] 

Blocking USA would get rid of all the shit.

>> No.6689654,32 [INTERNAL] 

>>6689654,31
Be my guest. You can quite easily block the USA on your own end.

You will not have much "internet" left however.

>> No.6689654,33 [INTERNAL] 

>>6689654,32
Most of the quality content on the internet certainly doesn't come from America.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action