[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 131 KB, 575x421, 1290999539028.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6647208 No.6647208 [Reply] [Original]

So I've been awarded the opportunity to be one of two students to become a foreign exchange student to Japan. Here's the description of what awaits me from my university:
>Tokyo is one of the world's most perplexing cities. In many ways, Tokyo is something of a modern-day utopia. Trains run on time; the crime rate is hardly worth worrying about; shops and vending machines provide everything you could need (and many things you never thought you needed) 24 hours a day; the people wear the coolest fashions, eat in fabulous restaurants and party in the hippest clubs. It's almost impossible to be bored here and first-time visitors should be prepared for a massive assault of the senses - just walking the streets of the hyperactive city can be an energizing experience.
>vending machines provide everything you could need (and many things you never thought you needed)
Laughed my ass off to that. What am I really to expect though, anyone know from first hand experience? I'm Asian so I'm sure I won't get as much gaijin bashing as most other people.

>> No.6647214

>>6647208
Expect to be patronized, but not in a malicious way.

>> No.6647216

>>>/trv/
>>>/int/

>> No.6647218

>the people wear the coolest fashions, eat in fabulous restaurants and party in the hippest clubs. It's almost impossible to be bored here and first-time visitors should be prepared for a massive assault of the senses - just walking the streets of the hyperactive city can be an energizing experience.

Ya this sure sounds like an utopia....

>> No.6647224

http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-more-colleges-offering-dickaround-abroad-pr,18092/

>> No.6647226
File: 96 KB, 500x500, coldpanties.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Their vending machines do have everything. Even panties.

Cold panties for those hot summer days.

>> No.6647230

Tokyojins are regarded as "cold" even by japanese standards, so you won't have an easy time making a large circle of friends. Other than that, the city is organized so that you can find places relevant to your interests pretty easily.
Also, the vending machines bit is true.

>> No.6647249

>>6647230
/jp/ so I'm assuming OP does not care much for friends in the slightest either way.

Might as well go for it OP. Could find some really nice stuff there without rape shipping costs, and some exclusives too.

>> No.6647272

>>6647249
Op reeked of normalfag and first time /jp/ visitor (posting about Japan? on /jp/? only newfags do that) and he mentioned university so it's clear he's not a true autist like us.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action