[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 65 KB, 960x539, 1292251707924.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6631340 No.6631340 [Reply] [Original]

Straight twincest is best incest.

>> No.6631342

It's the same thing as fucking your sister, genetically. No actual twin genes.

>> No.6631346

>>6631342
But it's the closest to fucking your opposite sex clone! Isn't that everyone's one true desire?

>> No.6631350

>>6631346
Isn't there a term for that?

>> No.6631351

>>6631346
Technically, you can only do that with an identical twin.

>>6631350
Disturbing?

>> No.6631352

>>6631346

Not when, normally, they aren't supposed to look alike.

>> No.6631357

>>6631351
No, like there is a scientific term for wanting to have sex with an opposite-sex version of yourself.

I remember someone posting a link to the wikipedia article about it.

>> No.6631362

>>6631346
You missed his point. Fraternal twins (and twins of different gender are ALWAYS fraternal) share the exact same amount of genes as non-twin siblings. So fucking a fraternal twin sister is, genetically speaking, not any closer to fucking an opposite sex clone than fucking any sister is.

Though I suppose you could argue that since twins are psychologically more intimate than non-twins, what ever psychological factor turns incestfags on applies more to twins.

I am overeducated and bored.

>> No.6631378

If I had a twin maybe I wouldn't be this ronery ;_;

>> No.6631379

And another fun fact just hit me.

You share twice as many genes with either of your parents as you do with a fraternal twin. Also, boys share a few percent more genes with their mother than they do with their father because X chromosome is much larger than the Y chromosome.

So the closest thing to fucking your opposite sex clone is, and always will be, fucking your mother.

>> No.6631395

>>6631379
Chromosomal swapping can mess that up a bit.

>> No.6631398
File: 22 KB, 207x204, Robotnikvirgins.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This image: the thread.

>> No.6631486

>>6631362
>and twins of different gender are ALWAYS fraternal

Not always, there are very rare but possible exceptions involving SRY fucking up. Sibling microchimerism between twins also isn't unusual even in humans, that is to say you may be born with a part of you in your twin sister (Not that way. Stop having ideas about prenatal incest.), and a part of her in you, which puts you a fair deal closer.

Not that I care much, to me the purest romance is between an elegant young maiden and her gentle, caring onee-sama.

>> No.6631525

I have a twin, it's not that great, it's ok sure but it's not something spectacularly awesome. Actually we never got along until I moved out of the house but not all twins are the ones you see on TV that speak for each other and act the same.

>> No.6631585
File: 25 KB, 478x468, brofist3536544_113.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6631486
>Not always, there are very rare but possible exceptions
You are right, while both of these are very rare, it has probably happened. I stand corrected.
>Not that I care much, to me the purest romance is between an elegant young maiden and her gentle, caring onee-sama.
I love you. In a completely heterosexual way, which on this board is saying a lot. Have a brofist.

>>6631395
I don't know what you mean by "chromosomal swapping". If you are referring to chromosomal crossover, that does nothing to change the percentage of genes you inherit from either parent.

>> No.6631598

>>6631362
You seem educated about this subject, do you mind answering an issue that is bothering me?

To conceive a zygote, you need two halves of genetic material, right? Now, you need "matching" halves, for each one to complement the other's missing chromosomes. This leads me to think that every time a cell undergoes meiosis, the DNA splits in the same way, so they can "match" the missing information of the other half. In other words, you have a lot of gametes with the same genetic material.

So how come 2 gametes with the same genes become different zygotes? A lot genetic redundancy in the chromosomes that get chosen randomly from the pool?

tl;dr, how come we have siblings if we come from the same DNA?

>> No.6631652

Is this Yosuga no Sora? I've never bothered to download it, since it's a fad for all the /a/ kids, but what? Why must they transform lolis in pig disgusting mature women in these animations? Grow a pair, like the Imouto Jiru/Monica Monogatari/etc producers.

>> No.6631701

>>6631362
>implying what you said isn't just common knowledge for anyone who went to school in a decent country

>> No.6631708

>>6631652
What the hell are you even talking about? Sora was never a loli.

>> No.6631716 [DELETED] 

>>6631598
I'm not that fellow, but during meiosis, the two copies of each chromosome (including the X and Y in males, which aren't fully identical but can do it anyway.) connect and semi-randomly swap their parts around with their partner (in fact, if I recall this is how one determined how far two genes are before sequencing came into play). Despite having the same designation (ie: say, they're both chromosome 15) each of those chromosomes come with different genotypes (since one came from the mother and the other from the father), you get a lot of variance in the offspring.

Now, I said chromosome pair, but there are actually four copies of each chromosome there, each individual chromosome of the "pair" has a duplicate of itself at this point (hence their characteristic cross shape), so when everything is done, you have four offspring cells each with a single copy of each chromosome, which may or may not have swapped any part of it with the chromosomes now in the other three cells.

>> No.6631721

The more I watch this, the more I hope for NICE BOAT ending.

>> No.6631725

>>6631598
Just a medfag who is a bit rusty with his biology. But here goes.

>To conceive a zygote, you need two halves of genetic material, right? Now, you need "matching" halves, for each one to complement the other's missing chromosomes. This leads me to think that every time a cell undergoes meiosis, the DNA splits in the same way, so they can "match" the missing information of the other half. In other words, you have a lot of gametes with the same genetic material.

It doesn't work that way, but you're almost there. You just need to realize that meiosis is a bit more complicated. (There are actually two consecutive meioses, but all the genetic shuffling happens in the first one, so I will focus on that one). I'll simplify a bit, there are exceptions in every sentence, but I will try to keep it simple.

Every non-reproductive cell in the body actually has two of each chromosome, one inherited from the mother, the other from the father.

An ovum or a sperm, however, have ONE of each chromosome. This happens in meiosis. Let's say you have a cell that generates ova (gross oversimplification, but let's say so). It will basically RANDOMLY distribute one from each pair of chromosomes into two different ova. This is where the shuffling happens - multiple cells will "split" different chromosomes.

Gametes are all different because there is 2^23 ways to split the chromosome pairs. This is 8 388 608 ways. This means that each parent can produce over 8 million GENETICALLY DIFFERENT gametes.

Which means in turn that two parents can have 70 trillion different children combinations.

All that is without chromosomal crossover or epigenetics, both of which further complicate the equation by orders of magnitude.

Most of the confusion stems from the fact that each chromosome has two identical copies called chromatids, which means in essence that a cell usually has four, not two, copies of the same gene.

>> No.6631737

>>6631708
>I've never read the VN

>> No.6631748

>>6631708
Are you frustrated?

I barely looked at that bad game CGs, but I can recall the twin sister not looking as mature as in the OP's picture. Post pictures of that miko girl from the animation and we'll be able to judge if they made the girls look older.

>> No.6631752

>talk about genetics
>implying all incest is about wanting kids with a sibling

They're fucking because they like it. You all miss the point.

>> No.6631782

>>6631725
Why are you the best tripfag in /jp/?

>> No.6631786

Sora was never a loli, not even in the VN. They are fucking twins for god sake. She just has small breasts.

>> No.6631787

>>6631725
>which means in essence that a cell usually has four, not two, copies of the same gene.

Nah. Each chromosome bears only one copy of any gene (there can be duplication events, but that's nitpicking). They only copy themselves and form four chromatids when they get ready to divide.

You're probably confusing them with p and q arms.

>> No.6631812
File: 86 KB, 800x600, Yosuganosora_143.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6631737
What the hell are you even talking about?

>> No.6631822

>>6631752
Keep at it and you will eventually make a kid. In fact, that is what sex is about.

>> No.6631865

>>6631787
>You're probably confusing them with p and q arms.
Actually I'm not THAT rusty, that would be hideously wrong. However I admit I have no idea how long or how brief the G2 phase is compared to the rest of the cell's lifecycle.

>> No.6631889
File: 48 KB, 392x500, tldr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6631920

>>6631865
Depends entirely on the cell., some don't even have a G2, some can be kept on it forever (the cells just keep getting huge until they die.) But G1 is generally longer.

>that would be hideously wrong.
Not really, easy to confuse the arms for seperate chromosomes if you're doing karyotyping or something. Wiggly tiny things, can't really tell them apart. Good thing I don't do karyotyping.

>> No.6631982

>>6631725
That cleared up a lot of things.

Are you basically saying that half of our DNA is redundant? So we don't really need 2 gametes to make a complete human being, theoretically.

Let me see if I got it right. Each parent creates a gamete "randomly" choosing from him/her DNA pool, and then when the zygote is created, it randomly chooses half of the information from that pool again?

Then the "non-chosen" parts of the DNA are recessive, but may be passed down to the next generation with the same "random" chromosome selection at meiosis, right?

>> No.6631987

>>6631822
That's the biologically implied function that evolved, however to say that we must use it the same exact way nature "intended" it to be is silly. Nature also evolved the phenomenal pleasure one derives from sexual acts, thus it's why PEOPLE do it most of the time, even if that was just a motivator for engaging in the act. However, today(and for a long time now), with proper contraception, one can just get the pleasure and avoid the natural reproductive functions if they don't want them...

Do you think we evolved our primate brains to do maths, philosophy or theorethical physics or even engineer the things we do? No. We should use what nature provided us to suit our needs, not just suit the evolutionary needs that drived their appearance.

In the specific case of twincest, I never saw any problem with it as long as the participants don't actually have kids, as that would increase the risk of genetic defects in kids.

>> No.6632174

>>6631982
You are more or less correct, except for this part:
> and then when the zygote is created, it randomly chooses half of the information from that pool again? Then the "non-chosen" parts of the DNA are recessive
You seem to think that only one of the two genes is ever active, while another is marked inactive from conception till death. That's a mistake. In a lot of cases both the genes will be inactive. For example, all cells have two insulin genes but only one type of cell ever uses these genes; in all other cells, both insulin genes are forever inactive. Also, where a gene is needed, not all genes follow the dominant-recessive pattern. There are other patterns as well, for example the blood type needs both the mother's and the father's gene equally. There's also some further stuff like "penetration quotient" of a gene, and other stuff I don't know about, etc. etc.

tl;dr there is some redundancy but it is definitely not half of the genome, and what redundancy there is is there for a reason.

You might however be interested to know that a huge part of a chromosome's genetic code is not "readable" genes and has no direct protein encoding function. But even that part of the DNA has its functions.

>>6631920
Fair enough, myself, I doubt I'd be able to even count the little buggers, let alone recognize anything. This thread made me realize how out of date I am. Time to get my ass off /jp/ and dust off some books.

>>6631782
Wait a minute. I am not Hong Meiling 門門.

>> No.6632260

>>6632174
Ah, I see.

Taking the example of the blood type, it needs both the father's and the mother's information. And when that person produces a gamete, there is half a chance that it will carry the father's blood type gene, right?

What do you mean by not readable genes? Genes that we don't know what they do?

>> No.6632333

The only chromosome that is completely silenced is the X chromosome in females, one of the x chromosomes are randomly selected and methylated to make sure that there are an equal amount of x-linked genes in males and females, this is dosage compensation.

The reason why there are two sets of genes is that if one of them has a mutation, if the other one is normal the gene expression will usually be fine. However, if both are mutated, this leads to an expression of the mutated gene, which can mess up function.

This leads to why twincest/incest is no good, if two people with similar genes have a heterozygous mutant, theres a 1/4th chance that both mutant genes will be inherited and the offspring will be homozygous mutant and will have mutant traits. This is no good because it is more likely that they will have mutant babies.

On my way to med school.

>> No.6632440

To regulate the cell from the G1 phase to the S phase, E2F must be activated. E2F remains deactivated as long as pRB remains attached to it. When cyclin E binds with Cdk 2 and cyclin D binds with Cdk 4, pRB is phosphorylated. Phosphorylated pRB detaches from E2F and E2F becomes active and activates DNA synthesis. This degrades cyclin D and E and produced cyclin A, which binds with Cdk 2. Cyclin A with Cdk 2 activates DNA replication and the cell is in the S phase.

/jp/ is my medical school notes blog

>> No.6632486

If it's only for one generation incest babies are fine, if those babies have incest babies and they have incest babies too then well, you've got a problem there.

But of course if your family has a history of birth defects/medical conditions your incest babies will have a dramatically higher chance of inheriting them.
Although with that said if you have a perfectly healthy background then you're probably better off keeping it in the genepool instead of doing it with a stranger.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action