[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 32 KB, 422x268, eo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6447557 No.6447557 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /jp/,

it is impossible to talk in /v/ about games like Etrian Odysee.

So, can we have a EO thread? Is EO /jp/ related?

I just bought a few days ago the first game for 10 bucks and until now, I love every minute.

In fact I love this game so much that I want to buy the next two games also.

How is the 3rd and/ or the second game of EO compared to the first, are they better or worse?

>> No.6447570

Enjoy grinding when you reach the 6th floor.
p/s: I quit after I got the Samurai class or something

>> No.6447573

They are all pretty similar. EO3 is the most different one and EO2 the easiest.

>> No.6447579

>>6447570
You don't have to grind ever, if you do well.

>> No.6447584

>So, can we have a EO thread? Is EO /jp/ related?
Yes, we've discussed it plenty in the past.

>How is the 3rd and/ or the second game of EO compared to the first, are they better or worse?
2nd is basically the same with some new classes added and some skills balanced. 3rd is basically the same with all classes exchanged for new ones and lots of new features added. The recipe for these games are relatively simple, so it's hard to mess up. Any changes that have been made have been welcomed by the fans for the most part.

>> No.6447588

>Enjoy grinding when you reach the 6th floor.

If you're using the typical 'cheap' party that's about the point where you never have to worry about grinding ever again and plow through even all the foe enemies with no effort. Immunize and TP Regen really breaks the game.

But the later games are generally an improvement overall and are a bit more balanced.

The problem is, they're not all THAT much different from the first game. So unless you REALLY FUCKING LOVE that shit, completing all 3 games in the series might start getting kind of old.

>> No.6447594

>>6447579
But... Cernunos just wipe out my party like they were nothing... ;_______;

>> No.6447595
File: 72 KB, 800x600, 28e9febde6e3cd73afd584ebcbe6e05e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6447570
>Enjoy grinding
You must have done something exceedingly wrong if you ever needed to grind.

Also especially considering how there are sea quests and the ordinary quests, but most of all the sea quests.
But really, unless you are doing something wrong you should never have had to grind, even without the sea quests. The sea quests are mostly just something to boost everything making it all easier by doing interesting side quests.

>> No.6447600

>>6447595
Sea what? The topic was talking about the first game you know that right?

>> No.6447610

>>6447595
I was talking about EO1.

>> No.6447621

I'm lvl 11-12 more or less, Princess-Hoplite-Bucaneer / Zodiac-Arbalist
can I take on the first red boss at that level? I can't advance anywhere else, and I have currently accepted the quest to look for the missing guild, so they must be past that boss, right?

>> No.6447625

>>6447588
>The problem is, they're not all THAT much different from the first game. So unless you REALLY FUCKING LOVE that shit, completing all 3 games in the series might start getting kind of old.
Well, you won't finish the first game unless you really love it, so you can just take that as an initiation test. If you finish the main quest and want more, you should definitely look into the other games.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action