[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 955 KB, 888x1024, 8a970d2dc9f6d81342d8cd178a9f55f431eff498.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6356322 No.6356322 [Reply] [Original]

I'm really about to start crying or cause some sort of damage now. I've posted about this before, but I just can't beat UFO's extra stage. Everything about it is frustrating. Sanae B takes too long to kill stuff, but she's the only one who can deal with a few parts. If I die on Nue before Red UFO Invasion, it becomes nearly impossible, because of this stupid power loss system which Nue makes into a backwards rank system, which is retarded. I'm lucky to get past Floating Darkness with just one death. Her survival card seems specifically designed to make you panic. Kogasa is ridiculous. I cannot imagine a way to make this stage more frustrating. I always end up having internal rants about how frustrating this is. And then, the more frustrated I get, the less able I am to deal with any of it and I spend 20 minutes without even getting to Kogasa because I have to restart for something, usually because of the UFO system being so relentless. A small mistake could kill you in 10 seconds, or maybe 5 minutes. I feel like I'd need to have the self-control of Taoluo to beat this. I have never experienced something that has caused me more frustration that I can think of. How can I deal with this? I've 1cc'd several Touhou games on hard, isn't extra supposed to be easier than hard?

>> No.6356332

Use Reimu A or Marisa A for the ex stage, IMO. Between the two, Reimu has an easier time on the stage because she can still complete UFO combos while bombing, and Marisa... well, you get to shoot lasers, ze.

>> No.6356345
File: 275 KB, 650x650, 1287809513628.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think Extras are in general a touch more difficult than Hard modes, though since they're shorter it's easier to really grind out the practicing and get it down well enough to 1cc.

What other games have you beaten Extra on? UFO's one of the more difficult ones, in my opinion.

I did find that Kogasa's spinny circles card is about ten times easier if you hug the very bottom of the screen, since it spreads out the lasers giving you more room to not die. The first card's a bitch, though, and the second is sort of odd. But oh well.

>>6356332
I found Sanae B to be much better than the straight shots, even though in the vast majority of cases I prefer the more focused shot. Especially on the UFO cards, they're so much better with dat shotgun.

>> No.6356350

I cry every time a whiner posts a thread about crying.

>> No.6356387

Ah, after that rant, I just got farther than I had all night, thanks.

>What other games have you beaten Extra on? UFO's one of the more difficult ones, in my opinion.

MS(kinda), EoSD, PCB including Phantasm, IN including getting to Imperishable Shooting, MoF, and SA.

>I did find that Kogasa's spinny circles card is about ten times easier if you hug the very bottom of the screen, since it spreads out the lasers giving you more room to not die. The first card's a bitch, though, and the second is sort of odd. But oh well.

Her second card is the hardest one for me, my capture rate for it is 1/44, where the first one is 9/48, and the last is 3/38. However, capture rates aren't everything, because I can usually bomb with ease on her first card, whereas with her last I often lose a bomb and a life.

>> No.6356404

Use bombs wisely.

>> No.6356433

This replay helped me in a few places.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zgUFssiSTU

The stage is really not that bad if you have a good UFO plan. Load up on greens so you never get caught without a bomb during the stage. You'll still end up with 4 extra lives total. Nue should go down ok once you work out a couple of her spellcards. Her noncards are a joke and half of her spellcards are easy.

>> No.6356451

>>6356433
I've seen that before, and it doesn't help me at all. I'm not trying to do this perfectly. I know how I could succeed, I just can't pull it off. I wonder, though, what do you see as a good UFO plan?

Also, I want to confirm, Reimu doesn't have a smaller hitbox post-IN, does she?

>> No.6356473

>>6356451
She does have a smaller hitbox.

>> No.6356475

>>6356387
You beat SA but not UFO? Strange. I've beaten all the others besides those two, and I'm getting to the survival card in UFO, but I haven't even gotten past the fourth card or so in SA... But maybe that's just because I've spent more time on UFO than SA,

>> No.6356502

>Her noncards are a joke

A few of them are pretty screwy, like the curving blue sphere one. Flandre's the only one who's noncards are actually trivial, but the lack of resources there makes up for that.

>>6356475
It was the first one I beat.

Probably took hundreds of tries, during which I never, and still haven't captured Sanae's last spell, but I was barely 1cc'ing normal back then. But there's no... chaos in SA's extra stage, and Koishi cards are much more formulaic, even if Genetics of the Subconscious is worse than Nue's similar frustrating card. But in SA, as long as you're bombing right, you'll gain power whenever you die.

>> No.6356543

Hmm. Should I power through the extra modes and give you guys replays? I'm bored enough to right now. How about it?

>> No.6356558

>>6356451
The replay helped me out a lot on Red UFO and Floating Darkness. The latter was a huge barrier for me, I was in your position for a long time. I also got better at STGs between then and when I finally cleared it, but not by a lot.

A UFO plan is hard to communicate, it's just about the exact timings and sequences, knowing that if you do X then a green will doink by when you need it to complete a combo before the screen fills with bullets, when bombing is worth it, etc. But to say something useful here, go for greens when possible and try to rainbow as hard as you can otherwise. The stage really, really wants you to get rainbows, and seems to discourage reds.

>> No.6356566

>>6356543
The latest two or the only ones that trouble me aside from the PC-98 ones...

>> No.6356580

>>6356558
Yeah, but rainbows get you more or less nowhere in terms of resources. They're really only useful for turning a situation where you can't get a real UFO into one where you can.

>> No.6356640

>>6356580
That's just it: I don't think a single enemy drops a blinking UFO during the ex stage. It's nothing but those situations. Plus they help clear the screen during the 4-big-fairy spams.

>> No.6356698

>>6356640
The bonus ones for killing a lot of the big fairies in the bit after Kogasa do, I think.

>> No.6356711

>>6356640
Uh, there are a lot of them.

I went over UFO, in any case. I doubt there's much "strategy" I have that others can work with, but whatever.

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=10735

>> No.6356881

if a bad like me can do it, so can you. stages gives you 5 or 6 lives on a perfect ufo run through which isnt too hard to do if you bomb with sanaeB's bomb which is symbolic of ejaculation because she is a slut.

>> No.6356962

>>6356711
If there are any, they came out of UFOs you summoned, not enemies.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action