[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 2.83 MB, 843x1035, sublimation.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6350735 No.6350735 [Reply] [Original]

[ Ar Tonelico ]

New Ar Tonelico thread. The previous thread (>>6315131) had 404'd.

Download the 4Chan Sounds greasemonkey script to hear the embedded music!
This time, it's a special version of EXEC_over.METHOD_SUBLIMATION. ~ omness chs ciel sos infel. Enjoy.

>> No.6350742
File: 90 KB, 500x500, 500x500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6350739
File: 225 KB, 500x652, ec93189998a9ccfc243b9d081d59dc967de1c15b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ar Tonelico For Lazy People Pack™:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5e2ttnrjtim3n4i

Contains torrents for the games along with the emulator installer and bios. Now updated with the latest PCsx2 SVN beta client, plugins are automatically included. Thanks to Anonymous for this.

And before someone asks again for the lossless albums:

AT - All: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116396&d=1240137696
AT2 - All: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=108204&d=1232984269
AT3 - OST: http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=112183
AT3 - Hymmnos albums: http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=111040

Thanks to Yuyucow and Anonymous in previous threads for digging up the links. Foobar can play the .tta files but if you feel like converting them to .FLAC or whatever for your MP3 player/Media player of choice then Foobar also provides an easy convert tool. Takes about a minute to convert the albums over to FLAC.

Utau Oka ~Ar=Ciel Ar=Dor~ is out! Download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cim8496yi6mmvmi

AT3 Artbook - http://www.mediafire.com/?jrm2mg22mkx

AT2 Raki bug patch - http://www.mediafire.com/?bp8ydy03ml7r5xa
You shouldn't need this if you're using the newest version (0.9.7) of PCSX2. Thanks to anonymous for uploading this!

Latest Technical Data Compilation Room Issue:
http://artonelico.isisview.org/wiki/index.php/Ar_Portal_translation/Ar_Ciel_Technical_Data_Compilati
on_Room/Issue_5

Latest Toukousphere Translation:
http://artonelico.isisview.org/wiki/index.php/Ar_Portal_translation/Toukousphere/Issue_98

Toukousphere 100 is up, but it contains flash segments. We have a volunteer working on it but there have been some technical difficulties. Refer to the archive for the exact problems if you would like to help.

Much love and thanks to the Anonymous translating these. ♥

>> No.6350751

In before: Halloween.jpg, Luca is a whore and a slut, that guy with the cocona, and even more drama.

>> No.6350842 [DELETED] 

didn't you get the hint last time?

>>>/v/

>> No.6351037
File: 622 KB, 703x659, success.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Good news, everyone!

I'm mostly finished with the latest Technical Data Room. (The longest response is in a question where someone is basically butthurt that Jakuri is so amazing while Shurelia has so many bugs, sigh. There's also a nice short list of amusing and heartwarming sibling fights between Cocona and Cro, though.) I'll post it tomorrow night.

That's not why I'm posting, though. I think I've got enough info to do edits of the Toukou matters from TKS100 now, since (as you can see) I'm able to insert arbitrary stuff in now. The problem we were running into before was basically, yes, you need to actually host the data somewhere, but the Flash bits don't actually care where - it finds everything relative to the location it starts out in. I haven't looked at the Flash Cosmospheres, but I'm guessing they're probably not too dissimilar.

So, the Toukou matters should be done before Thanksgiving. Flash Anon, you may not feel like it, but THANK YOU - you were very helpful and basically told me everything I needed to know to get this working.

(Also, the latest TKS translation is 101, and the latest TDR is 8.)

>> No.6351054

>>6350842

Yeah, we got the hint you're an angry buthurt moron who never shuts up.

>> No.6351064

>>6350842
No need to make another fuss over it, but it is in no way any more /v/ related than Galaxy Angel or Princess Maker.
Something people would know if they actually tried them.
This is however even more explict, so one could argue that they are in fact even more /jp/ related than the previoussly mentioned titles if one so wish.

Actually, if Atlus never would have had anything to do with it, if it was for PC, and developed and translated by some obscure groups, and if it was easily pirated, then no one /jp/ would have never made it an issue even if the games themselves were identical to how they are now.

>> No.6351067

>>6351037
Great! Sorry you had to do everything in the end, though. If you need any more stuff done with the flash or just anything in particular don't hesitate to ask.

Here's the album of the song I posted in the OP, by the way. Includes music box (orgel) renditions of a selection of Ar Tonelico songs.

Akiko Shikata - Kara Cola ~ Hymmnos Orgel Collection ~
http://www.mediafire.com/?b9jsdvv9vxbvi9v

>> No.6351080

>>6351037
Oh, right. Sorry. I didn't check this time since I was rushing to make a new thread.

I also don't know how you solved the problem, though. I had it the exact same way as you-I replicated the folder structure and ran it, but no matter what it wouldn't display any text. Probably just something on my side, then.

>> No.6351625

AT never belonged here and you guys get an easy ride just because the janitor likes it.

>> No.6351737

>>6351625
Fuck off.

You don't determine what goes in this board. AT threads don't even qualify as spam.

But you already know this. So fuck off, go back to trying to force your views on the rest of the board. I won't tell you to hide the thread, which is easy because it takes just once and it will last for weeks. Instead I will tell you this:
You do more damage to this place than any thread that could be considered barely related to this board made of scraps and bile.

So, fuck off. I don't even like AT, but it's hard to not sympathize with them when dealing with your sort of scum.

>> No.6351803
File: 66 KB, 695x900, Jacqli.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Jacqli is my favorite... that's all...

It's not like I'm liking or even addicted to Ar Tonelico or anything... I'm just playing it out of curiosity that's all... really...

Also... Lol! Inuendo!...

>> No.6351844

man i really miss the ar tonelico is /v/ shitstorm

>> No.6351882

>>6351844

I didn't.

Okay, it was midly entertaining watching one guy get buttmad, I'll admit.

>> No.6351893

>>6351844
Obviously, you live from shitposts. Like mine now.

>> No.6351988

I'm torn, I'd like to do the get-three-endings easy method, but that would mean going through half the game with the same few songs and costumes.

>> No.6352086

>In before: Halloween.jpg

But.. but it's actually related this week. Along with some rather delicious Halloween images that I've come across recently too. If they aren't posted on Halloween night then I'll upload a few.

>>6351037

My love for you grows with each passing day.

>> No.6352524 [DELETED] 
File: 15 KB, 80x80, 20_4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw diving is like sex and Jacqli takes on three people at once

>> No.6352543
File: 783 KB, 1463x1024, gsdx_20091219163638 copy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6352524
frelia is a slut

>> No.6353125

>>6352524

It's nice knowing my waifus are, apparently, experienced in the matter yet they're still pure.

>> No.6353907
File: 175 KB, 1200x960, a6340323a33a0a4f82e2de0580f091356ccec50c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6352524
I STILL LOVE HER! ;_;

>> No.6353917
File: 454 KB, 1280x960, snap165.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6352543

>> No.6355436

luca is a whore and a slut

>> No.6355452

>>>/v/

>> No.6355519

Why is AT a JRPG that is magically accepted on /jp/?

>> No.6355527

>>6355519
because it's shit

>> No.6355535

>RPGs like AT, RF, and Persona get a free ride on /jp/
>just because of some hapless gimmick that's place into them.
This is true for the others, but in Ar Tonelico it is the games entire essence, it was made to be a galge foremost and not an RPG unlike the others.
But people throw them off without even trying them.
Your loss I tell you.

>> No.6355564 [DELETED] 

fuck off

>> No.6355567

>>6355519
Yeah I know right, but shit will really hit the fan when Baldr Sky is translated.
I can't believe people could ever think that Baldr Sky was /jp/ related. It will be tough to enlighten folks when it is released.

>> No.6355593

>>6355452

Aww, how cute. Our troll has finally come home.

>> No.6355601 [DELETED] 

reported

>> No.6355604

shitty JRPG for shitty gamer

>> No.6355604,1 [INTERNAL] 

Sure is mad in here. I'm sorry not everyone likes "SANAE IS A SLUT XD" enough to make 300 post threads daily.

>> No.6355604,2 [INTERNAL]  [DELETED] 

Yeeeeeeeeeep.

>> No.6355604,3 [INTERNAL] 

Sion confirmed for janitor, in before a stickied Valkyria thread filled with anime screencaps and tripfag circlejerks.

>> No.6355604,4 [INTERNAL] 

>>6351064
I don't know about Princess Maker, but there haven't been any Galaxy Angel threads for months, other than the ones posted by the translators. Also,

>Actually, if Atlus never would have had anything to do with it, if it was for PC, and developed and translated by some obscure groups, and if it was easily pirated, then no one /jp/ would have never made it an issue even if the games themselves were identical to how they are now.
>Atlus
>console game
>commerically translated

Top reasons why this goes in /v/ and not /jp/.

>> No.6355604,5 [INTERNAL] 

OP here. Unless there's a good reason why these threads should be further made I will stop. The quality of these threads have been continuously declining (in before there wasn't any to begin with) and there simply aren't any good discussions anymore. The threads are also far less active than they have been before. Nowadays 50% of the thread is sion/mad people complaining about a series of threads that have run for over half a year and the rest of the 50% that is AT-related only 10% are actual discussions. Before, there was at least two hundred people reading this thread, going by the downloads of the AT3 Artbook, but now there is barely anyone posting. As far as I see it, these threads have run their course-the discussions aren't what they were. However, it would be nice to know where translator-anon will be posting updates to the toukousphere, especially the flash segments. Maybe ARM?

In any case, it's been nice being able to start these threads for you guys. Hope you all have fun with AT3 when it comes out.

>> No.6355604,6 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,5
That's fine, but the problem was never specific with AT. Even back in the first days of /jp/, the odd thread that talks about some only tangentially (or not at all) related to /jp/ was pretty much okay; I always hated this stuff, but it's no problem seeing it around once in a while.

The problem with AT (and most other threads people would seriously claim doesn't belong) is that when people find this subject "acceptable," they begin making more threads, and that's the real fault. Instead of having a thread once a month and that lasted a couple days, you get the thread made very often, that would eventually spawn those terrible continuous/counting threads, since people now feel that subject is good enough to be discussed at all times.

I doubt there would have been that large problem if there wasn't people that felt Persona/JRPG threads needed to always be around, that they seriously argued they were /jp/, and that people felt an AT ALWAYS had to be alive before and especially since /jp/ became Otaku Culture.

>> No.6355604,7 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,5

That's pretty much why I stopped making them a while ago. The only real updates are from the transanon who seems to post on the wiki forums anyway and any updates can be found at http://artonelico.isisview.org/wiki/index.php/Special:RecentChanges

>>6355604,6

We justified it time and time again in which we obviously succeeded since the threads were allowed to live and were heavily modified to get rid of any butthurt Sion spam and such. You may not enjoy chain threads but we always kept it to a single thread unlike the rest of the garbage on the front page (4 anime screencap threads, 6 completely pointless Touhou threads etc.). It was just a nice place to have some discussion about a series without Gaia level faggotry of usual forums or >implying/reaction images from /v/.

>> No.6355604,8 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,7
It's only ironic fallacies that made people hate these threads; if you didn't act so arrogantly from the fact the janitor specifically liked AT and shoved it in our faces, fewer people would mind.

I just wish you guys would realize that those same "weak" argument that people use to justify off-topic threads apply similarly onto AT; nothing's claim what /jp/ is or isn't, but spamming your thread despite what the community and the questionable nature of "moderators" think does not make AT or any thread automatically /jp/-related. In addition, saying you're thread is better that what's on Gaia or any other board is just shows how ignorant and generalizing you guys are and /jp/ is magically better than them for some immature reason.

>> No.6355604,9 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,8
OP here. I'm not trying to dodge blame, but I just followed what was being done-a thread after every 404 (people would complain about how slow I was to remake the thread). That being said, I realize now that it can annoy people (well, mainly due to our attitude, I guess). Also, you make very good points-the argument WAS weak and all we had was the support of the janitor and a few minor details here and there, though I will argue that at least we kept our shitposting to one thread instead of the entirety of /jp/. I wish I had started ignoring the gb2/v/ people earlier than I did, or encouraged the thread watchers to ignore them instead of trying to rub it in their faces.

Excuse the cliche, but I guess we've all learned something here.

>> No.6355604,10 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,9
Aye.

>> No.6355604,11 [INTERNAL] 

So that's it for Ar Tonelico General for now? Oh well. To be honest I never played the games, but what discussions I could understand were neat to read. Hell, it made me more interested in playing the series. If only I had the time and money.

>> No.6355604,12 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,11
You don't need money to play the first two.

>>6355604,8
What kind of an idiot are you? These threads were never spammed, any more than, say, idol threads or drawthreads. I bet you shitpost in those and complain, too.
And the only person who would complain about janitor protection status is the spammer himself.
(Incidentally, I spoke with a member of 4chan's staff about this once, and he hates Ar Tonelico - but he hates spammers like you far, far more.)

>>6355604,9
The threads are spent, just like anything else's threads expire over time. I'm impressed it lasted this long. But don't legitimize spamming fucktards by agreeing with them.

>> No.6355604,13 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,12
I actually haven't regularly gone to 4chan in about two years or so; most of my knowledge of what's going on with /jp/ and the boards is what's filtered over to ghostside; and I only make statement on what I know about (i.e. users bring these and such threads over to ghost).

Additional, nice ad hominen and flat-out lying; how about stop acting so haughty and learn you're not the only person that matters.

>> No.6355604,14 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,8

Arrogantly? Seriously? What the fuck. You people come to these threads bitching and moaning CONSTANTLY then when we provide evidence that the thread is at least supported by the moderation staff you call us arrogant? Well I'm sorry that we are defending ourselves. It's not like we're making mass threads about AT for no reason.

>>6355604,11

At least until this recent shitposting shitstorm dies down since the recent janitor seems very anal regarding what's posted recently.

>> No.6355604,15 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,14
You guys don't defend yourselves rather than just shove it in everyone's face and just think you're right no matter what what most people on the board thinks.

Hence arrogance.

>> No.6355604,16 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,13
It's "ad hominem", I told the absolute truth, and my post has absolutely nothing to do with me, as I am not a regular poster in these threads.
Cry more.

>> No.6355604,17 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,16
Then why act like just another 4chan user with a superiority complex?

It doesn't matter if you like this or not; if you're just going to act like you're always right with no basis, you are no different than the users you claim that are shitting up your 4chan boards.

>> No.6355604,18 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,17
Because I am a 4chan user and I do have the moral high ground? I can't think of any better reason than that!
You've admitted your ignorance on the matter, and if you look around the ghost board etc you can prove it to yourself. There's plenty of basis to go 'round.

You're someone completely uninvolved who is quarreling about something you don't care about for absolutely no reason, so I don't think you're in any position to judge, haha.

And you really did sound like you were coming from a spammer's point of view. Re-read your posts from an outside perspective.

>> No.6355604,19 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,18
I hate what 4chan has done to people's ability to make logical statements and think through claims in a reasonable manner.

It's either be a childish loudmouth, and ignore anyone that disagrees or has an alternative point of view, or get mock by someone who degrades himself to such.

>> No.6355604,20 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,15

Oh, I get it. I'm being trolled, right? You almost had me for a second.

>> No.6355604,21 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,19

>It's either be a childish loudmouth, and ignore anyone that disagrees or has an alternative point of view, or get mock by someone who degrades himself to such.

Welcome to the internet.

>> No.6355604,22 [INTERNAL] 

I find it ironic how OP chose, of all songs, the end of sublimation (and in orgel form) for this thread.

>> No.6355604,23 [INTERNAL] 

>>6355604,22

If only the sublimation succeeded and /jp/ was rid of all faggotry.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action