[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 25 KB, 480x360, 01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6196315 No.6196315 [Reply] [Original]

Hello /jp/. You probably don't remember me, but I'm that guy who made the thread about losing my last life on the Prismriver sisters and immediately gaining a new one, thus saving me from a Game Over. Well, I've been practicing hard the last few days, and tonight I felt ready to finally 1cc EoSD on Normal. However, I foolishly died to Icicle Fall and did disappointingly the rest of the run, and since I had very little experience with Remilia's spellcards, I lost my last life on her last spellcard. I was so damn close. I still cracked open a beer and promised myself I'd do better the next time.

Later in the evening, I felt bored, so I decided to do a relaxed run of PCB, being content with however well I did. I wasn't expecting much, maybe getting to the Prismriver sisters again, if I'm lucky. Hell, I hadn't even maxed out my lives and started with the default 3. But then, things didn't quite work out as I expected. I did magically, /jp/. I avoided every single bullet with ease. It was as if the hand of God was guiding me as I flew between the complicated danmaku patterns. I perfected Alice, /jp/. I beat her without dying or using a bomb once. I had never done that for any boss tougher than Cirno. By the time I reached the Prismriver sisters, my 3 lives had grown to 6. It was absolutely amazing. I even deathbombed quite a lot of times, something I had rarely done before. I then beat the fifth level, having never gone further than miniboss Youmu. Reacing the final level, I felt a happiness I thought I'd never feel again while playing a video game. Of course, I knew by then I wouldn't actually beat Yuyuko, as I only had 4 bombs and no lives remaining. In the end, I died after taking her first lifebar. But I've grown, /jp/. I'm becoming better and better and feeling superb while doing it.

>> No.6196324

You should go play Mars Matrix so you can die on the first stage and get demoralised again.

>> No.6196326

congratulations, Anonymous
I'm proud
soon you will experience the surprise after you beat yuyuko

>> No.6196332

>>6196315
At first I didn't want to read this but I did and was sorely disappointed. You didn't even finish.

>> No.6196337

>>6196326
Don't ruin it you tard.

>> No.6196349

You still have much to learn Anonymous-san. But you have come far.

>> No.6196351

Just wait till you beat her. The adrenalin rush you get is amazing. Nothing ever compared.

>> No.6196361

I love how 4chan can make a story out of the most simple things. Good for you OP, do share your future adventures. Sage because I'm not sure the rest of /jp/ is interested

>> No.6196368

>>6196361
http://archive.easymodo.net/jprules.php

>> No.6196389

>>6196368
Yes, I lost the sage to the captcha. Yes, I know it doesn't have a negative connotation, but OP sounded a bit new the last time he posted, so I wanted to make it clear, since it's used as an insult on all other boards of 4chan.

>> No.6196393

Same thing happened to me recently too, OP, except I beat the game miraculously. Got to prism's final card before I lost a life and death bombed, lost 4 on Youmu and 4 on Yuyuko and beat the game though, when the try just before that I got up to Yuyuko's first nonspell and died.

>> No.6196544

It's weird how just some days you have really good runs. I say Touhou is 2 parts skill 1 part luck.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action