[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 142 KB, 561x800, Utsuro No Hako to zero no Maria.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6186352 No.6186352 [Reply] [Original]

What's your opinion on this LN?

>> No.6188266

bump

>> No.6188275
File: 235 KB, 650x2000, WAIFU TIER LISTS, NOW WITH IMPROVED CANCER.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

anime adaptation where

>> No.6188347

Excellent overall. Probably the best translated LN series next to Toradora.

My first problem with it is that, like with the first Zaregoto novel, some of the characters feel indistinct and, well, samey. My second problem is that both Kazuki and Maria undergo this huge personality shift post-Vol.1, and indeed, none of the other books have come even close to its quality yet.

Maria's pretty much become a useless moralfag, a non-character. It's sad, really, given that I used to actually like her, back when she was a ripoff of Senjougahara. Now I'm more of a Kokone fan... she's like the only female character left who's actually interesting.

Also, it really, really needs to focus more on the boxes themselves rather than Kazuki's emotional issues.

Still a great series overall, but mostly because of the insanely good quality of Vol.1. If you don't have the patience to read all four, it's best to just stop there.

>> No.6188360

>>6188275
In time J.C. Staff will adapt it. I won't like it, but I'm sure they'll adapt it.

>> No.6188369

>>6188360

No, ufotable or somebody needs to animate the first novel as a feature-length film.

It's not the sort of story you can do in a television series. The later novels, sure, but not the first one.

>> No.6188382

>>6188369
That's what I'm hoping for too.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action