[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 63 KB, 1024x768, android.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6174080 No.6174080 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /jp/!

I am trying to run Visual Novels on my Android (Samsung i5700 Android 2.1). But I have some troubles. So far I found ONScripter (http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-applications/22141-onscripter-android-visual-novel-engine.h
tml#post236741) But this probably isn't working on my phone. I downloaded and installed the application, I created folder "ons" in the SD root directory and moved my Tsukihime there (/SD/ons/Tsukihime). When I run the application and chose the game I am returned to the desktop.

Well... I wonder if you my fellow /jp/ anons might be able to help me. Have you successful run ONSCrip and can tell me what I'm doing wrong, or maybe you have other, better ways to play VN on Android?

>> No.6174101

This is purely from my experience from getting ONScripter to work on iOS, but it should be the same for Android.

The ONScripter that came with mirror moon's Tsukihime translation has been modified to accept data from both .nsa and .arc files. I'm assuming that the port for Android is the normal ONScripter. You could try by extracting the data files from Tsukihime and combining then under just one file.

Another thing to check is to see if that port of ONScripter is the Japanese version or English version. The Japanese version can't load the scripts used in the English version.

Also, I'm writing all of this from memory so things may be wrong.

>> No.6174136

The aplication was made for both japanese and english Visual Novels, so it shouldn't be a problem.

>> No.6174163

I combined both to one file, but still nothing. Probably the software have to be updated to my phone. Any other ideas how to run VN on different software?

>> No.6174178

>>6174101 here

These are instructions on joining the .nsa ad .sar files

First, download these two:
http://nscripter.insani.org/downloads/nsaout.zip
http://nscripter.insani.org/downloads/sardec.zip
http://nscripter.insani.org/downloads/nscr_sdk.zip

1. Run NSAOut on arc.nsa and arc1.nsa
2. Run SARDec on arc.sar
3. Overwrite the contents of arc.sar on top of the contents of arc.nsa and arc1.nsa
4. Use NSAARC from the NScripter SDK to compile the joined files into a new arc.nsa
5. On the phone, delete arc.sar, arc.nsa and arc1.nsa and put the new arc.nsa into the phone.

Again, I'm under the assumption that ONScripter for Android is the stock ONScripter from ogapee.

You may also want to consider resizing the images if your phone's resolution is lower than 640x480.

>> No.6174219

cześć kara, ogladanie na nokii najlepsze

>> No.6174220

maybe install the last debug version, not the one linked in that thread

>> No.6174241

I did all of it, but still the same. In ONScripter official site was told, that not on every phone with android this program may work, so I just assume that my in this won't-work group.

If there is anything that can be done, I have to use completely different method.

>> No.6174243

>>6174220
I did it too.

>> No.6174260

iPhonetards always have everything better then Androidtards. There is a cool guide how to run Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night on iPhone.

>> No.6174269

>>6174260
Until there's a cool guide on how to jailbreak one of those things, mine will remain a useless hunk of metal. I don't well with computar.

>> No.6174305
File: 56 KB, 641x668, 1282105127924.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Too bad Touhou's suing Moriya over Youkai Mountain.

>> No.6174452
File: 15 KB, 320x240, Image2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I decided to take a look around and it seems that the copy of ONScripter ported to Android was the Japanese version. Just to make sure, try this:

1. Get your Japanese Tsukihime disc/ISO/whatever
2. Find the file 'nscript.dat'
3. Replace the English nscript.dat with the Japanese nscript.dat you found.

If it works, the copy of ONScripter you have is the Japanese version.
>>6174260
But that Fate/Stay Night is just a conversion to ONScripter, it isn't as good as the PC version.
>>6174269
Try jailbreakme.com on the device and see if it works. If you have an older iDevice, jailbreaking is as easy as sliding the slider on that site

Also, pic of mine

>> No.6174471

>>6174452

I can hear the music, but nothing else. Perhaps because I'm using merged English .nsa and .sar

I'll try to use older version of ONScripter with english cript.dat and merged files. There is an option that merge fixed the problem but I made another by updating soft to non-english version.

>> No.6174507

Nope. Old soft is also japanese only... So the problem is not how to run a game but how to run it in english. Well... the strange thing is, that the person who uploaded this soft recommended us to use Narciss as a tryout game, which - as far as I know - is in english.

Well... I'll try to install Japanese Tsukihime and I will tell if it works. Meanwhile, is there any possible way to run english patch if I mange to play Japanese version?

>> No.6174532

rotfl.

English Tsukihime with jp nscript.dat plays music on newest ONScripter but not on the old one

English Tsukihime wont work on eather old and new soft.
Japanese Tsukihime wont work on eather old and new soft.

Any rational explenations? XD

>> No.6174596

>>6174507
As far as I know, there are no easy ways.
These are the few methods I considered:
1. Port ONScripter-EN (out of my league)
2. Somehow make Japanese ONScripter read the English script files (out of my league too)
3. Write a script that converts the English nscript.dat to the Japanese nscript.dat format (I should be able to do it but lazy to...)

As for number 2, if you know how to get the source and compile it for Android, see here (in Japanese):
http://onscripter.sourceforge.jp/onscripter.html#enable-1byte

>> No.6174604

>>6174596
all three of them are out of my league

>> No.6174615

What a cheap/good Android phone to get? Is there even a good one for like ~200euro?

>> No.6174641

>>6174615

What a cheap/good computer for windows?

>> No.6174761

This kinda works for me, i tried it with narcissu. But the text is messed up, some of the spaces are missing. like:

"Even so, I attendedelementaryschoollike all the others"

>> No.6175596

Maybe the problem is in the game. OP try different one and look what happend then.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action