[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 257 KB, 500x522, kaguya_neet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6149775 No.6149775 [Reply] [Original]

This is not a troll post I am legitimately curious.

What is a NEET life like? Where does your financial income come from, and what do you do all day (other than watching anime, fapping, etc)?

At first glance, the lifestyle seems very appealing, but there has to be a downside. I'll leave this open-ended. Describe your NEET life, both the positive and negative aspects. Is it really as neat as it looks?

>> No.6149781

it's boring, but comforting
feels free man

>> No.6149787

It's a really boring lifestyle, I just sleep all day.

See
>>6145550

>> No.6149789

Been a NEET for 3 years.
Fap, watch anime, read manga, read books, play games, draw paint.
Income comes from parents.
Downside is I have to get a job before the end of the month or I'll probably get kicked out - in other words, it's gotta end someday.
But if you can get on disability, and don't mind not doing anything with your life, go for it.

>> No.6149806

I still don't see how people consider it boring and "not doing anything with your life". To me, being productive in, say, Touhou discussion, translation, or helping people with what they need are more valuable experiences to me than most academic pursuits I supposedly tried.

>> No.6149812

>Where does your financial income come from
I'm on disability and live with my mother, so I have no rent or bills to pay. I spend my money mostly on figures, and whatever else happens to strike my fancy.

>what do you do all day (other than watching anime, fapping, etc)?
I play video games, watch anime, read manga, post on /jp/ browse various Internet sites and listen to music.

>Is it really as neat as it looks?
>neat
>NEET
Oh, you.

>> No.6149815
File: 119 KB, 1024x576, [EnA]_Lucky_Star_05_(1024x576_h.264)_[D1C60977].mkv_snapshot_13.45_[2010.04.18_20.00.59].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6149806
That's tremendously sad.
Do you really feel that way?

>> No.6149824

It's pretty good, the downside is that time goes by way too fast and you're basically throwing your future away.

>> No.6149826

>>6149815
If you think otherwise it just proves you still think like a normalfag.
If he's happy he's not wasting his life.

>> No.6149828

My NEET period was the most depressing time of my life.
I just couldn't find the motivation to do things that I would enjoy, everyday was a blur of sleeping most of the days away and refreshing 4chan in a daze, not even caring about what was being posted.

I just couldn't enjoy it. Completely free time with no structure didn't let me improve my creativity or my general happiness. Turns out I need some obligations and satisfaction to feel good.
I feel so much better studying again and doing some work. It's not much of a pay, but it's enough to live comfortably and feel the satisfaction that comes from seeing that my figure collection was purchased by my efforts.

It's like what they say, money doesn't bring happiness after a certain point, when you can cover your needs and some comforts. After that it's just a meaningless grind. I like it this way, don't know about you. Not going to tell you all NEET should be depressed messes like I was.

>> No.6149832

Touhou is more fulfilling than financial research.

>> No.6149838

>>6149826
>If he's happy he's not wasting his life

I'm inclined to agree.
"Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted." - John Lennon

>> No.6149842

What's the easiest way to apply for disability? I'm not a good actor.

>> No.6149844

Been doing it for years now.

Live with my parents. They don't really like it, but they travel out of town a lot so someone has to take care of the pets while they're gone. I also clean up the house, do dishes, etc.

Kinda want a job, but social anxiety makes it difficult. Doesn't help that shit economy + small town = you need connections for anything beyond flipping burgers.

>> No.6149848

>>6149838

Taking the advice of a hippie are we?

>> No.6149849

>Where does your financial income come from?
Parents or National Welfare.

Being a NEET is easy, being a Hikki is more comlicated.

>> No.6149854

>>6149815
Why so? My real dream has always been to be a mangaka, and then a doujin artist once I discovered this world. But I used to get good grades and apparently have a high intelligence, so I go to top class schools...but in the end it just means I pay a huge tuition while essentially living like a NEET. My real passions haven't changed, and no matter where I get in life, my love for these precious elements of /jp/ culture will never die.

I will definitely become a doujin artist one day.

>> No.6149855

>>6149842
Unless you've been treated for depression/anxiety beforehand, you're probably not going to get approved. I applied online, and eventually they sent me more paperwork and had me go see a psychiatrist. I had already been to several therapists and been on meds, so if you have as well, it will definitely work in your favor. I got approved about six months after I began the application process.

>> No.6149865

>>6149855
Where do you live and how much do you get?

I have a history of depression and anxiety treatment, so I might be able to do this.

>> No.6149869

>>6149842
Hire a lawyer.

>> No.6149874

>>6149854
You are not making much progress towards your dream by posting in here.

You do realize that mangakas work like fucking animals don't you? You better start drawing and testing stories out instead of day-dreaming in a image board.

>> No.6149878

>>6149865
I live in the US, and I get $700 a month. It's more than enough for me, since I don't have any bills or rent to pay. I'd get more money if I had my own place.

>> No.6149880

>>6149848
It's good advice. And nothing wrong with hippies. They were like the NEETs of the 60s.

>> No.6149898

>>6149878
I don't suppose you (or anyone else here) know anything about how it works in Canada?
Not that I would be able to get anything, since I have no history of treatment.

>> No.6149899

>>6149874
Or he could just be a web comic creator like most people. That's technically doujin.

>> No.6149906

>>6149874
I'm well aware. The reality of the anime and manga industry are what made me loose interest in them in the first place. That, in addition to displeasure of the conformity spreading across the board in mainstream productions, are what made me so loyal and in love with doujin culture. I want to be able to produce what I want, when I want, and not only not worry about piracy, but possibly even offer it for free, and maybe even have a "no spoiler please~" policy like ZUN while having no problem with sharing it with people as are interested.

I'll try to get a decent job, but my ambition definitely lies with storytelling and doujin production, as well as aiding the culture, be it translation, editing, offering sources and advice, or even just helping another fan smile.

>> No.6149911

>>6149878
Do you know if you're able to get food stamps on top of that?

Do you know where I can get started on this? It's called SSI, right?

>> No.6149927

>>6149911
You can, and yes it's SSI. I just give them to my mother, since she buys the food anyway.

>> No.6149928

I haven't even been a NEET for all that long and it's fucking terrible. Five months and it's just starting to get really boring.

I hate being a NEET but I don't want to make the effort to get a shitty, worthless job that's only going to serve to piss me off and stress me out.

Government assistance is the only other option but I live with my parents so there's a good chance I'll probably end up turned down.

>> No.6149930

>>6149880

Exactly, that's why you shouldn't take advice of them.

>> No.6149933

>>6149911
SSI = Supplemental Security Income
SSDI = Supplemental Security Disabled Income

You can apply for both, they are run by different agencies.

>> No.6149935

Not having any money seriously sucks.

The alternative is going to a job interview, dressing professionally and waking up early, going in to a job for 8 or 9 hours every day, and being expected to perform in a competitive environment filled with people much more confident and better at what they do than I.

That's a huge and frightening hurdle.

>> No.6149943

>>6149928
>Five months
You're small time. I've been a NEET for 9 years.

>> No.6149944

>>6149935
Apart from the job interview, that doesn't seem that bad. Damn job interviews, keeping the competent unemployed.

>> No.6149946

How do I apply for NEET?

>> No.6149955

>>6149899
>>6149906
What I saying is: Get shit done at once.

Since you mentioned ZUN why not reflect of how many hours he spent making his games? We are all just wasting time chatting over here while other people with dreams like that are always working hard and using every single free minute they have to create what they enjoy. If you don't sacrifice some things to achieve others you will end up having a regular job in a office perhaps (also let's point out the fact that the longer it takes for you to engage into a doujin 'career' the sooner you will be forced to get into a normal life) and will keep dreaming of "I'll in the future" until you get old enough to realize you wasted all this time waiting for that moment.

I'm saying this because I have a similar "ambiton" but I'm just too lazy to invest my time on it and I hate myself for that, and still, I continue being lazy. Now I have to wake up 6 in the morning to come back home after 13 hours tired as fuck, then wake up at 6 in the next day again. In a routine like that you don't have much time or will to dedicate to your personal things. You are slowly being chained in a normal and lame life.

>> No.6149959

>>6149943

I wasn't bragging in the slightest. I know five months isn't shit but this short amount of time has been agonizing for me.

I'm torn between my social anxiety and desire to get back to work so I can have a steady cash flow.

Five months or nine years - it fucking sucks either way.

Oh well. I've got enough savings to keep me drunk for the rest of the year. Maybe into next spring if I buy cheap.

>> No.6149962
File: 30 KB, 620x435, how_to_use-how-to-use_image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6149943
Not anymore, you aren't. After you look at this training image, your NEET streak will be at an end. You now know how to feed babies.

>> No.6149974

>>6149962
But I don't know any babies, so I can't put my new-found knowledge to good use.

>> No.6149978

>>6149974
Perhaps the same can be said of all education and training.

>> No.6149995
File: 27 KB, 639x300, customer_service.Par.0004.Image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am not a NEET but am employed and attending college.

I make about $1,000 a month as a glorified cashier.

Recent changes to our company's refund policy have ensured that I have to tell most of our customers something that will severely piss them off no matter how I put it.

I get through my day via delusional daydreams and hating everyone.

College is insufferably dull and I've learned nothing in 2 years.

>> No.6150003

I leech off my parents, just browse the internet all day, and no, it's not as glamorous as it looks. Unless you get on disability, because otherwise your life might as well be over when you're thrown onto the streets.

>> No.6150007

>>6150003
If you don't get disability, you still might get placed in rehab. I have no complaints with it so far.

>> No.6150014

>>6149995
College is the most overrated waste of time and money.

>> No.6150015

Eat, shit, play on my DS until night, eat, shit, masturbate, cum, play/read/write during the refill interval, masturbate, cum, play/read/write during the refill interval, masturbate, cum, sleep. Repeat.
Sometimes I bath.

>> No.6150024

I want to open a coffee shop in some 3rd world country and live my life as a NET.
Fuck college. I deluded myself for years just to satisfy others.

>> No.6150031

Being a NEET? More like retiring early.

That's living the American dream.

>> No.6150036

>>6150014
Community college isn't. You can get pretty good education while putting in just a little time and money. And you don't have to move away and share a room with some crackhead.

>> No.6150046

The American dream. WE'RE GONNA STEAL IT.

>> No.6150057

>>6150031
You actually have to get a job before you can retire.

>> No.6150072

>>6149775
Like being home sick with a cold or fever for a week, except without so much sickness, and it doesn't seem to have an end in sight.

>> No.6150108

Self-esteem wise, working a shitty menial job is worse than not working at all. If you can leech then do so.

>> No.6150146

ITT: A bunch of freeloading cunts.

>> No.6150149

>>6150146
You: Frustrated worker.

>> No.6150150

>>6150146
Shouldn't you be at work, helping to pay for the figures I got today?

>> No.6150151

>>6150146
And?

>> No.6150173

If you're gonna freeload off your parents who're probably sick of your disrespectful ass, pick a less shitty culture to emulate.

>> No.6150180

I always love the pseudo-moralfag trolling in NEET threads.

>> No.6150181

>>6150146
>>6150173
samefag.

>> No.6150188

>>6150173
At least this isn't /jp/ - mexican culture

>> No.6150206

>>6150173
Don't be silly, I'm leeching off the government.

>> No.6150238

i'm finishing school but I might as well be a NEET. I'm a hermit and never socialize. maybe life will change for the better once i have a job and live somewhere big enough. I doubt it though.

>> No.6150242

>>6150238
You're not a NEET if you're in school.

>> No.6150243

>>6150238
No, you're not.

>> No.6150246
File: 383 KB, 1250x1425, 1258393220961.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was never that much in favor of welfare reform until I realized that a lot of that money is going to lazy pricks who just want to lie in their beds at home and play VNs and post on /jp/ all day.

You disgusting parasites will be cut loose one day, have no doubt of that. And what then?

>> No.6150252

>>6150246
why work for society when you are going to die anyways? Just enjoy your fucking life. If other people are paying your bills, let them be.

>> No.6150253

>>6150246
I'll be long dead, before that happens. I've never worked a day in my life and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

>> No.6150257

>>6150246
My DRS case manager said they would help me until I find a job, so just blame them for being incompetent about it. Actually, I'm feeling optimistic about this whole process. I might actually get a job as a systems administrator.

>> No.6150259

>>6150246
What do you think will happen when the government decides to cut off a bunch of depressed, disconnected people who are angry at society and have nothing to lose?

>> No.6150263

>>6149955
Last time I bothered to work it out, ZUN was 33 and had worked on an average of over 2 games per year or something, which came to about a game every 4 months or so, not to mention other publications on the side, finishing University and holding down a full time job.

>>6149828
>>6149995
I'm in a similar situation. When I was a NEET hikki I sorta watched anime in marathons and was almost always playing some MMO or other, wasting the time I would have wished I used to improve myself and realized my dreams of making games and animated short stories. Did this for three years not counting the time I was enrolled in a college, only attending a few hours a week (I failed).

Studying and working as a programmer now, but I'm given a lot of the crummy work and have little room for my own creativity. It started out when I agreed to talks with a social worker to get me a job. My original idea was that since I wasn't able to push myself to realize my dreams and attain the skills I needed, I would have to make compromises.

But not a day goes by that I don't wish I was a NEET again. It's like I'm permanently out-of-sync with the rest of the world, daily life is such a hassle and doesn't interest me.

>> No.6150274

>>6150257

I'm seeing DRS too about finding a good job. How do they even help you? I haven't seen much so far.

>> No.6150291

>>6150274
They buy textbooks for me, take care of the exam vouchers, and get formal work clothes for me to wear. Mostly, it's self-study, but I don't mind that.

>> No.6150297

The downsides: Loneliness, meaninglessness, the heartbreaking sensation that your life is being wasted.

The upsides: No work to do, freedom to do whatever you want whenever you want.

In truth I've never known anything other then the NEET life, so I can't really compare it to anything. But I would say that it is a terrible life, and that your should struggle to avoid it.

>> No.6150305

My grandfather left me $12 million when he died.

Been living off that. My savings has actually increased instead of decreased because I spend so little.

The funny thing is if my grandfather hadn't left me the money, I'd probably actually be doing something career wise.

>> No.6150306

I work from home as a freelancer but since jobs come in unevenly there are times when I'm essentially a neet. Still, I get enough work to usually cover my expenses. Parents chip in when things get tight (as they should, I need payment for those interminable hours spent on the phone telling my dad how to operate his damn computer).

90% of my time awake I sit in front of my computer. I surf, download, organize files, watch fansubs, read manga, listen to music, don't really play games. I threw out the television because I don't need it.

+ Comfortable,
+++++ Do what you like

- Isolation, once lead to a depression.
- Stinginess
- Times when I lack the motivation to do anything
- Turn into a bit of a slob
- Parent's wondering when I'll get a real job

>> No.6150320

>>6150306
A freelancer, eh?

How would one go about doing work like that in general? Websites, newspapers...?

I ask because I have a job behind a register, and it's slowly but surely grinding away at patience and dental health.

>> No.6150344

>>6150320
Man I work behind a register too, sometimes it sucks but most customers are cool. Indian women are the fucking worst though. That coupon is from a year ago, I'm not redeeming that shit, I don't care if the other cashiers do.

>> No.6150371

>>6150344
Well, yeah, people are really just the number one pet peeve of mine when I'm a cashier and you can imagine how that makes me feel.

I'd could go on tangents about it, but the main point is, I can't stand retail customer service. It makes me depressed. I don't like it. I've transferred stores because I didn't like it (and hoped to be stocking instead), and I still get stuck behind the register.

I wouldn't expect freelancing to be a panacea to these problems, but at least I'd have some leeway in doing what I want. I'd want to TRY something different. I want to DO something different. I'm sick of being stuck behind a register.

>> No.6150383

>>6150371
What are your skills or interests?

>> No.6150384

I always liked working register. If I could do it and get paid a livable wage, I would. But only if they guarantee there's no hidden strings where you have to scrub the toilets or wash down the counters or take out the trash every now and then. Fuck all that shit.

>> No.6150388

Only tangentially related, but how the hell does one get diagnosed for Asperger's, anyway? Doesn't it cost a lot of money to go see a psychologist/pyschiatrist?

I need help pretty badly, but I don't have hundreds/thousands of dollars to spend to go see these people.

>> No.6150395

>>6150371
I don't like people either but once I get into a rhythm it's not so bad. Although most of my time at work is spent stocking I usually get put at the register during the last hour of my shift or so. Plus if I fuck up a transaction bad enough I can just call my supervisor over to unfuck it. The overnight shifts are great, usually there's no customers at all between 1-6am.

>>6150384
I have to clean the toilets but usually only once a month. But I get paid pretty well so I don't complain.

>> No.6150413

>>6150388
Expensive as all hell and as far as I know if you're in the US, you're footing your own bill on that. Shitsux, I wouldn't mind a script for some Aderall or an SSRI myself but it isn't going to happen without a serious cash investment.

>> No.6150433

>>6150388 here

What's worse is I actually got through college, MCL no less :/

Chemistry degree, but there weren't any jobs near where I live and I can't drive (not that I would've survived at one anyway given my problems), so it's been long enough now that I've forgotten a lot of the shit I learned. If I were to go back for something else it'd cost a titload in loans, which I **surprise** can't afford. It's very frustrating. Grad school is extremely intimidating to me. Living w/parents now, and the guilt pressure in this place is fucking VISIBLE. Can't stand it.

...God, my memory's gotten so bad I don't even remember typing in the captcha for this post.

>> No.6150455

>>6150383
Eh. Multimedia, I suppose, is my interest. I like doing image manipulations, audio manipulations, etc. I like to think I've gotten handy with the open-source video editing scripter AVISynth, but that's hardly professional-level video editing, and I've only made some dinky animations with it (I suppose I could show you an example of something I made, if you'd like). I know a little bit of coding in various languages (C, C++, Java, maybe a bit of Objective-C, Python), though I do mean a little bit - I've not done anything serious with them.

Sounds paltry? It is. I need to get a portfolio built with some serious work.

But my question really more pertained as to the channels you went through as to obtain the work. I have no idea what freelance sites, if any, are trustworthy/reliable, etc. I don't know how precisely I should go about advertising myself when and if I get something built.

>> No.6150469

>>6150433
No Anon. It is the tears that cloud your sight.

>> No.6150481

If higher education were as accessible as k-12 was in AMURIKKA (i.e. virtually free and, frankly, expected of you) I'd go back in a heartbeat. I love school. But goddamn, I can't afford it at all (seriously, there's a uni around here that's ~50k A SEMESTER. What the flying fuck?).

>> No.6150489

>>6150344
Story of my life bro. I made the mistake of volunteering for cart duty awhile back to avoid the boredom. Big mistake. Now that is all they want me for. Cleaning the women's room is not a job for a man. 3d disgusting pigs indeed.

A rather sizable percentage of the shoppers are there only to ruin your day. They get off on it or something.

I wanna be on disabilty. I am too blind to drive and have to commute to work on a bicycle. You haven't lived till you do 8-25 on a 40mph limit.

>> No.6150492

>>6150481
Sometimes I wish it could pay off to be an autodidact.

>> No.6150508

>>6150481
>~50k A SEMESTER

What the fuck. What college is that? Even the most expensive are around 50k per year, not per semester.

>> No.6150520

>>6150481
Go to a community college.

The existence of expensive universities isn't stopping you.

>> No.6150527

>>6150508
Perhaps it's private?

>> No.6150550

>>6150489
But it's like Indian women are especially good at it from birth, or they're trained at it or something. Goddamn they just make me cringe when they approach the counter. Also people who keep asking if something is on sale. Why don't you try looking at the shelf you turd? I also hate the older women who wear tons of perfume. How badly must they stink to have to wear that much shit? And people that magically find a penny in their pocket while I'm in the middle of counting change. Also people who rattle off their telephone number real quick when they want their bonus savings card shit. If you want your savings, then try speaking like a normal human being.

>> No.6150554
File: 203 KB, 640x480, Soku_spin.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6150481

God daaaaamnn, 100k per year then? Seriously? Whatever degree you get from there better be gold-plated and accompanied by a choir praising it/you.

School is like ... 12k a year for me (not including housing, which for me is off campus and so I guess would equate to total 24-25k/year). Then again, UCs are public and so it's not a surprise.

>> No.6150559

>>6150527
Even the most expensive private schools, I mean. They generally don't exceed 50k a year.

>> No.6150561

>>6150520

Y'know I investigated that, the tuition's still a bit out of reach for me but it's a LOT more realistic. But then I hear a lot of crap about said colleges, and that it isn't worth my time (no idea if that's true or not).

Either way, one of the most crippling things about NEEThood is the accumulation of an...utter lack of drive or desire to do anything. Even if I had a good chance to go back to school, I wouldn't know what the fuck for (purpose-wise or subject-wise).

And, oh god, customer service jobs, of any sort. I literally cannot look at people's faces, and my voice is apparently a mumble, and I LOATHE the experience with all my being. Number one prerequisite of dream job: spends vast majority of time alone/unsupervised.

>> No.6150572

>>6150481
Try to study abroad. University in a socialist regime can cost only a few thousand a year, you might be able to get some financial aide as a foreigner too, but don't count on it. Either way you could live and study on 10k year, and also have the experience of leaving your comfort zone.

The last part can work in your favor where recruiters aren't looking for obnoxious and green frats right out of college.

>> No.6150581

>>6150550
Or people who leave things at the counter while they go grab something else. Finish shopping or get a buggy/basket.

"Oh, I don't want that." That's time wasted while people line up and my manager on duty has to come void off an item on a whim.

Oh, and price discrepancies. God, I hate those. Either:
A) They're right and my manager has to change the price (It's a pain).
B) They're wrong, but we still have to change the price because that's what it was advertised apparently (because of a lack of space for product, maybe just poor recovery on our part, or maybe just some chucklefuck who threw the item there because he didn't want it).
c.) They're wrong. They'll give you hell about it.

>> No.6150590

And yeah, fancy-pants private school, it's HILARIOUSLY expensive. It's more than 50k a year for damn sure; however I might've misheard the semester bit, was told to me by this girl going there (it might've been ~50k/year for her -after- the scholarship money).

Advantage of being gay: you end up being utterly unafraid of talking to girls, hell I was the queen hen in college :/.

>> No.6150625

Oooh, I like the idea of getting the FUCK out of here, studying abroad sounds like heaven.

Is Canada abroad enough, or does it need to be somewhere off the NA continent (Europe/Australia, notes lack of multilinguistic skills)? I wonder if I'd ever get accepted to such places, hehe.

>> No.6150633

>>6150455
Shit out of luck. Nobody needs another script kiddy, especially not with the current economy and outsourcing to third-world countries.

Craigslist perhaps? Newspaper ads?

The thing I learned from finally working in the I.T. / production industry is that nobody wants you to work how you want to work but how they want you to work. Actually, you'll probably find most people are really looking for a clone of themselves.

The best thing you can do in that respect is work dynamically, and don't get too hooked up on a specific tool / technology.

As for a portfolio the best thing you can do is have a working example. Something that is actually has a significant margin of success. Just look at Danny Choo, his shitty ad riddled site is both his portfolio and also his flagship product.

>> No.6150634

>>6150561
Community college is a crapfest compared to any real university. Mine was supposedly one of the best in the country and the moron density was still pretty high. But despite that, you'll learn a ton of useful stuff, depending on what you're looking for. Some of the professors will be good, and some won't be, but if you learn the system you can take your time and not pay for classes that aren't going to help you. Furthermore, getting a degree, or even just doing well in a community college is guaranteed acceptance in most decent to good universities, and demonstrating your work ethic (grades reflect this, not intelligence) is what's needed both for the financial aid that helps you further your education and getting employers to take you seriously for a second.

>> No.6150636
File: 298 KB, 1200x900, beanbag.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6150581
I hate that too, especially when they're a huge line behind them, it's like they don't realize that the cash register (and my brain) can only handle one transaction at a time.

I can change prices or void items myself but if I void more than something like three items in a row then the terminal locks up and I have to call my manager over to approve it. We recently had a 75% and 90% off sale of summer type goods and of course none of the sale prices were in the computer so for every one I had to verify the price, then calculate the new price manually and punch it in. This one lady but two shopping carts filled with sale items, it took me literally about an hour to process it all.

I also hate when I ask a coworker what to do in a situation and they just give me an offhand answer without giving me the slightest hint of how to do it. I had to do an equivalent exchange the other day and my idea was to take the returned items from the customer and then price modify the new items to $0.00 but apparently I was supposed to put money on a gift card but there are never any cards in the register and I didn't know what the fuck was going on so I just let my manager handle it.

>> No.6150641

>>6150633
>you'll probably find most people are really looking for a clone of themselves
That's just a general truth of life, it applies to everything.

>> No.6150712

>>6150636

Sounds exceptionally irritating :/

>> No.6150723

>>6150634
Were you in the bay?

>> No.6150728

When I worked a customer service position I just went in stoned every day. If customers got rowdy I was taking it easy for the most part.

>> No.6150729

>>6150723
The only bay I know is the Chesapeake.

>> No.6150744

That's another thing that makes this worse, I don't drink, smoke, or use non-OTC drugs of any kind (hell it's been almost a year since I've had so much as an Advil). I really don't want to start, either, even though I know these would be rather effective escapes.

>> No.6150751

Just get a job. Any will do, it's not like you need a lot of money for anything important.

Don't go to college unless you have a specific career in mind.

>> No.6150768

>>6150751

I think the issue here's that a lot of jobs are going to make us so miserable we're better off broke (in particular those that require a lot of human interaction for asspies/assburgers, which of course seems to encompass a large number of entry level jobs).

Need to find things that aren't total shit, especially since there's no guarantee of advancing past the shit job in this day and age.

>> No.6150774

>>6150751
But I want to live by myself. How can I afford to live alone off minimum wage jobs?

>> No.6150787

>>6150712
Some days it is, but I figure as long as I don't steal anything and I don't get fired then at the end of the day I'm golden. I don't care if I never become manager or anything, I only plan on working this job until I have enough money to go back to college and finish my degree (I only have a year left). I can't believe I ever complained about being in college, shit's paradise compared to this.

>> No.6150789

>>6150774
Where do you live? You can live on minimum wage working part time here quite easily. Get food stamps to make it even easier.

>> No.6150812

I lived it for seven months. I'd say the first four months were alright, but after that I felt incredibly bored and went actively looking for work. Not being employed and not finding any opportunities with just my bachelor's and no experience sucked; now I'm working at a crappy part-time job and the money that doesn't go to booze and cigarettes is slowly building up.

>> No.6150833
File: 116 KB, 600x347, jp_new_future.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You know guys there is always another option to working a shit job, wasting away, or selling mugen ink.

I'm just saying, I'm ready when you faggots are. I'll even wear a maid's costume, specially tailored unlike that one homeless anon yesterday who couldn't even buy one himself.

>> No.6150873

>>6150812

What was your major?

>> No.6150880

I was a NEET for a couple of years. It's awesome for the first 6 months or so, but eventually it gets so boring that getting out of bed loses any meaning.

I work retail now, as a duty manager in an electronics store. I get shit pay, but it's enough to let me live and buy some figures now and then.

I've done five scattered years of uni, every year on a different major, and I really have no fucking idea what it is I want to do. My student loan debt is over $50,000NZ and I will quite probably never repay it in full unless I manage to complete a degree and get a "real" job....

>> No.6150882

>>6150873

Accounting. It didn't quite sink in with me that the "oh hey you have a pulse and a degree? BAM junior accountant" thing had waned until I basically missed the big internship recruitments on and off campus.

I had a little faith in my ability to get out and find a job with my own wits and it bit me in the ass. Oh well.

>> No.6150883
File: 47 KB, 314x341, Bad Thread.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6149775

>> No.6150891

>>6150789
California

...I need to move the fuck out of this overpriced shithole.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action