[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 124 KB, 800x583, Shinku_suigintou.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6127776 No.6127776 [Reply] [Original]

Keiko Akai is very annoyed. The attractive 21-year-old university student has been planning to do a banana diet for some time now, but she can't get started - and not for lack of trying. "I keep going to OK Store, my local supermarket every single day," she says. "In fact, I've just been there. There are no bananas on the shelves, and it's been like that for a month."

Akai has never weighed more than 100 pounds, and is so slim that her waist is swimming in Zara's smallest size XS skirt. She doesn't need to lose any weight. But Japanese girls obsessed with diets tend to jump at any trendy new ones, so, when Akai heard about a popular actress who'd lost 26 pounds through the Morning Banana Diet, she had to try it. And the dearth of bananas as her local supermarket, and many others, is testimony to the popularity of the new dieting fad.

"Large stores don't have any bananas from noon, and even Ito Yokado (a major supermarket chain) runs out of them after 3 p.m.," says Tomoyuki Horiuchi, sales representative of Tokyo Seika Boeki Co., Ltd., fruit and vegetables wholesale company. Hiromi Ohtaki of Dole Japan, a leading banana importer, sees the boom in sales as largely due to Morning Banana Diet - bananas don't normally sell well during summer, and this year's summer has been especially hot. Still, over the past 4 months, demand has driven Dole Japan to increase its banana imports by upward of 25%, and even then supplies could not keep pace with demand. "In a way this is an emergency," explains Ohtaki. "We've been importing bananas from the Philippines for the past 40 years, but this is the first time something like this happened to us, and we find it very difficult to cope."

>> No.6127780

Bananas?Really i would try this but bananas are gross.

>> No.6131087

Substituting vegetables and some fruit in place of processed carbohydrates like processed grains will help your metabolism store less fat but why bananas? Why not oranges or apples?

>> No.6131121

>>6131087
Because it's a fad diet.

>> No.6131138

Is this eating only bananas? Or just in the morning?

>> No.6131158

Young women are on a banana bender!

The price of precious metals has increased.

The price of food has increased.

>> No.6131178

>>6131158
Capitalism ho!

>> No.6131189

if I remember...you eat a banana when you feel hungry & it curbs hunger. Plus drink fucktons of water.

>> No.6131310

Well, i know that bananas are good for health and skin... but remember , kids. It's better to eat ' em!

>> No.6131553
File: 170 KB, 891x684, ginchanbanana.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Posting this for the sake of completeness.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action