[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 397 KB, 1587x1200, 6c589665b2cb1e55e4cc8c699540a2d490be9b6b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6086679 No.6086679 [Reply] [Original]

Since /jp/ is being exceptionally bad at the moment, I thought I should make a good thread to try fixing that.
However, I ran across an impasse.
I... have no idea of what could be a good thread on /jp/, other than those danmaku threads that require some organization and dedication. Either for discussion or playing the games.

So I ask you guys to try making this a good thread in whatever way you can.
Thank you.

>> No.6086690

i want to lick her knowledge
if you know what i mean

>> No.6086686

The only good thread is a deleted thread

>> No.6086691

AT thread is always good.

Make more threads in that similar style.

>> No.6086693

I hear you, OP.

>> No.6086711
File: 151 KB, 690x900, 1219654092337.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Posting it because I don't know what's going on.

>> No.6086712

>>6086686
this is what 60% of /jp/ actually believes.

>> No.6086718

>>6086711
I had to actually try out this pic

>> No.6086724

When there's no spam, any thread can be a good thread. The spam just kills people's will to post anything interesting and thoughtful, and make them irritated (or should I say 'frustrated') instead. Well, that's just from my part.

>> No.6086731

is buyfag a term /jp/ is familiar with?

>> No.6086732
File: 68 KB, 563x563, 1277917016925.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm going to send moot an angry handwritten letter if /jp/ is still shitty tomorrow.

>> No.6086739

>>6086731
It's pretty self-explanatory, but can't you just type normally?

>> No.6086809

>>6086731
yes, i just didn't know if anyone outside of /a/ used it

>> No.6086818

Interesting question.

What makes a good thread?

>> No.6086827

>>6086818
I have two guesses.
1. The amount of people that posts seriously on it; or
2. How related it is to the board.

It's more common to see threads that only focus on 1, or that only have to do with 2. I have to admit that I hardly ever see board-related threads in which people aren't just obviously trolling each other.

>> No.6086831 [DELETED] 

I see the janitor stopped by and deleted a whopping two pages.

I guess that's all we get until he comes by again in 10 hours.

>> No.6086852
File: 43 KB, 512x400, south park 4x07.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A good thread is simply an interesting thread if you ask me.
We could talk about what kind of tea /jp/ like, its virtue for all I care but I guess that some might disagree.

>> No.6086895
File: 104 KB, 368x434, 1240575605115.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm sick and tired of these people who think all threads are bad, quality controls, etc.
It's not that every thread is bad, it's that FUCKINGLY FUCKING STUPID (yes, I'm as mad as I sound about this) mindset all you people have developed. That juvenile, shallow, short-sighted attitude of expecting every thread to be epic and praised, thus denouncing everything else as "shit". It's not the thread itself that is bad, it's YOU that's a bad poster. Why? Because you can't appreciate what you have. Because the only contribution you've learned to make is "sage" "reported" "QUALITY THREAD" and the list goes on. Stop it.

Are you saying there are no good threads left because sion's spam clutters /jp/'s frontpage? Oh, undeniably, but that still doesn't mean this board is going too fast and you're going to lose the good threads. That's why you can bump the threads you like and shape the frontpage yourself. It's called self-moderation and it works like magnets.

What to post in these good threads? Oh, I don't know, how about WHATEVER you want? How about actually lurking and finding interests in here? How about ignoring every stinking "QUALITY" hobo who tries to pass his shitty opinion as fact? Can you do that? I have done so for two years and I'm still content with this board.

>> No.6090851

;_;

>> No.6090865

>>6090851
fuck you for bumping this crap.

>> No.6090867

/jp/ is pretty good right now compared to when this was made.

>> No.6094389
File: 68 KB, 600x800, 1283223795180.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Patchouli thread.

>> No.6094415

>>6086895
So basically you're a shitposter and you are asspained because people call you one.

>> No.6094437

Before, /jp/ didn't really mind the occasional anime discussion every now and then (/jp/ approved series, not generic rehashes of the same moe girls being super kawaii in a different school with different names).

What happened?
"Otaku Culture"

Moot trolled /jp/ hard with the name change. A board that was relatively unknown and not cared for suddenly had a "COME HERE AND TROLL XD" sing plastered above it.

Anime screenshots every 30 minutes with no purpose. People who don't even know what belongs on /jp/ and what doesn't (nothing belongs on /jp/ but Touhou, right?)

/jp/ doesn't know what the fuck belongs here anymore, because most of the current userbase wasn't even on /jp/ 2 years ago to know what actually does belong here.

Is it about Japan? LOL THAT'S WHAT THE TRAVEL BOARD IS FOR!

Is it about the Japanese language? LANG (though, to be fair, this was trolled back on early /jp/ as well, but usually when it was just a translation request and not a serious discussion on the language).

VNs? DEPENDS WHAT IT IS, SOMETIMES IT'S /a/ AND/OR /v/ RELATED!

Light Novels? MOOT SAID THEY GO IN /a/, TAKE THAT SHIT OUT OF HERE!

/jp/ doesn'tknow what the fuck it is anymore. Its user base is mixed with newcomers, people who have been her since the split and just kinda lurk, hiding and reporting threads without feeding the trolls like we used to, and moving on with the day.

Can't find a thread you like? That's fine, just come back a few hours later or something. But most people just decide to take a shit on /jp/ just out of boredom.

Why the fuck do I still come here anymore?

I swear, 4chan is a hell of a drug.

>> No.6094451

>>6094437
>But most people just decide to take a shit on /jp/ just out of boredom.
That's pretty much all there is to it.

Some of us make these "shit posts" blatantly, while others do it under the guise of "helping" /jp/. At this point it doesn't really matter what you're posting anymore.

>> No.6094452

I tire of this "reported" and "QUALITY" meme. Yes, that's what it is, because there's no real purpose behind it other than spouting out the same line everyone else is spouting out. You don't need to tell someone they're reported, especially if they're intentionally making a shitty thread or post. They know damn well they'll be reported, so all you're doing is feeding their ego when they see you reply.

/jp/ used to just ignore that shit, report, then hide the thread. Now everyone decides they want to be stupid.

Every time I see "Reported" or "QUALITY" I see it as someone saying "sage"

That's basically what their post is. It has the same meaning as "sage" on /a/ or something.

"I don't like this thread, I'm just ganna tell you in 1 word that your thread is shit, that's all."

That's why we get trolled to the ground, because nobody fucking ignores it. They let the trolls get what they want, so they keep returning.

You think Saten spammer would keep spamming if nobody showed they were bothered by it? If nobody posted in those threads, or even mentioned them, then why would hey go through the trouble? He's not getting attention. The only way he could would be if he samefagged a bit to try to spark discussion about his threads.

>> No.6094462

>>6094415
>derp

>> No.6094486

>>6086895
>>6094437
>>6094452

This is the truth, but /jp/'s userbase is just too blatantly retarded to notice it.

>> No.6094502

I still laugh of you retards whining about "quality thread". No, it's not like "sage on /a/" and you know it. If you are complaining about it you probably don't even know the concept behind it. And also, I've seen people deleting their threads after getting that reply on their threads several times, you can't say it doesn't work at all.

If you whine about it then you are being JUST LIKE the other retards whining about other stuff. Learn to fucking ignore shit, ALL OF YOU. And remember that you are always free to fucking leave /jp/, no one is holding you here.

>> No.6094504

>>6094437
I don't think the name change can be blamed. Many of the greatest shitposters have been here long before that happened. Shion, for example, has been here since 2008, and he started the whole trend of posting anime screencaps with no text.

All things considered, the name change probably didn't help us, but we were troubled long before that happened.

I think a huge problem /jp/ is facing is people who migrated from /a/ because /a/ sucks, but don't really have that much /jp/ related to discuss, so they just hang around, maybe play some entry-level VNs and save some Touhou pictures, but other than that just wait for off-topic threads to post in, or make them themselves.

There's also the general problems of VN translations being a rare occurrence, so 99% of the time, there's not much new to discuss, just the same old threads that a minority among us somehow still haven't gotten tired of. This has always been a problem, but maybe it as escalated a little after we've exhausted the discussion of old VNs we've all played more than we had back in 2008 when we had just started up.

>> No.6094508

>>6094486
Or they do realize it and just don't give a shit.

>> No.6094511

>Moot trolled /jp/ hard with the name change

Oh really? I don't think so, Jim.

It's the board's userbase fault that we have this horirble name, it was THE FUCKING BOARD that kept sucking moot's penis while supporting that stupid idea. You guys got what you asked for.

>> No.6094515

>>6094437
>Can't find a thread you like? That's fine, just come back a few hours later or something.
And what the fuck am I supposed to do in these few hours? I have no interests other than browsing /jp/ and few other sites all day.

>> No.6094536

There is nothing new and interesting to talk about.

FSN, Tsukihime, other old VNs? Nobody cares anymore.
Touhou? Old, boring
Idols? Very little discussion, mostly just image spamming
Same deal with figures

moot killed /jp/ with the name change because it limited potential discussion topics. Or should I say, /jp/ killed /jp/ by flipping out over language threads/Japan threads which in turn caused moot to change the name.

And all potential new Otaku topics get the same treatment.

The latest video games? "Go to /v/." Ar Tonelico was allowed only after a long battle.

Anime? We had about 150 troll-free posts about Saten's Saimoe victory.
And then meido logged in.

Honestly, making a board like /jp/ is like making a board about 13th century African pottery. Nobody gives a shit, unless somebody tries branching out into a different discussion topic (African music, African sports), at which point everybody gets buttmad.

>> No.6094544

How come you can't just accept that some people want to discuss anime on /jp/? Deleting threads just makes more spam.

>> No.6094546

"Japan/General" sounds like a boring board, and anyone who visits probably would find it worth trolling, especially when they see people ignoring them completely.

"Otaku Culture" says "come troll our weaboo asses caus we're all Otaku ^_^"

People from other boards came, summerfriends saw a super cool board, and so the new userbase stopped ignoring trolls. Eventually the older userbase left, or adapted to the ways of the new userbase.

>> No.6094547

>>6094511
This isn't /a/, this is /jp/.

I was there in those threads. Most people were saying, "Just leave us the fuck alone and go away."

>> No.6094550

>>6094544
Because it's like talking about futa on /h/ or /u/, theres a board for it more suited for it.

>> No.6094551

Remember when /bun/ was supposed to fix this shit?

Good times.

>> No.6094554

I can't fucking believe some of you actually defend /v/ and /a/ threads in here. Get the fuck out please.

>> No.6094556

>>6094536
>>6094544
Because you should keep your shit in /a/.

>> No.6094558

>>6094544
Look at it this way: anime is such a big part of otaku culture that it has its own board. It would go to waste if we didn't use it. Sure, I don't mind an animu thread every once in a while in here, but not all the time.

>> No.6094560

>>6094547
This is how I remembered the thread going, for the most part. Of course some people were for it, but I remember more votes against it than for it.

I also remember a thread on /a/ around the time "recruiting" them to come to /jp/ and "help us out" with the name change.

>> No.6094576

>>6094547
>>6094560

http://archive.easymodo.net/cgi-board.pl/jp/thread/4433619#p4434404

>> No.6094640
File: 30 KB, 400x400, 5360aa3601d6913208844af88d5081c7..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6094546
I'm sorry, but no, /jp/ has been responding to trolls and being "bad" in general since as early as newfag summer, 2008. If you remember otherwise, your memory is clearly wrong. I'd even go as far as to say that, right now, we might be slightly better than back then and definitely better than last year. And "summerfriend" has been more of a meme in itself since back then too, since new people kept coming all year long.

And yeah, we had to grow more hostile, it's like a reflex. But I don't find necessarily bad to gather up on every poor troll and OWN4LYFE, especially the ones who sockpuppet or keep bumping their own threads regardless of replies. What I find bad, though, is when we ourselves stop having our normal threads and whine about what's right to post and what isn't.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action