[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 51 KB, 320x225, 3bern.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6026608 No.6026608 [Reply] [Original]

I remember I once saw a page, I don't know if it was a doujin or from an "oficial" manga, where Lambda and Bernkastel were talking, and then Lambda started talking about Bernkastel being Rika, and then she said "I don't want to talk about my past life".

I don't remember quite well the scene because I saw it once a lot of tome ago, but it was something like that.

I wonder if someone has that pages, or the source to said pages.

Thanks in advance.

>> No.6026618

>>6026614
No. Just give me the source.

>> No.6026614

Please spellcheck and try again.

>> No.6026644

No idea, sorry.

>> No.6026638

No source? Well, nevermind. I'll find out by myself. Thanks.

>> No.6026650

op is a giant faggot

>> No.6026663

>>6026650
I don't have a fucking idea of what the hell are you talking about.

I come here just asking for something completely and absolutely related, I ask politely, and all I've got is "check your spelling" and "OP is a faggot" as and answer. At least >>6026644 is educated enough to say he doesn't know in a polite way.

Troll harder, kids.

>> No.6026702

Well, in Umineko EP6 [novel] it's being hardly hinted, Erika and Lambda were talking about it, and when Erika asked Bern about it Bern got really mad.

>> No.6026742

>>6026663
Please delete this thread. It's already becoming a pile of shit with posts. I wish I could help you but I don't have a clue of what you might be seeking since I'm not into those titles

>> No.6026775

>>6026702
Huh, then Erika knows it too?

>> No.6026816

There was never an actual mention of her being Rika because that whole mess is really complicated.

In EP6 Lambda told Erika about Berun's logic error and how she was trapped in an endless donut-like game. I dunno if I'd consider that Higurashi though because if we were to believe that then we like to think that Takano was Lambda, right? And I got the impression that Lambda wasn't involved in that game.

Erika asked innocently about Berun's logic error and Berun said "I'll forgive you this one time, but never mention my past again."

The reason being that when she is reminded of it/bored it creeps up on her and Lambda explained that those experiences were so horrible that even being reminded of it makes them think they're still there and that possibly even the fun they're having now is a delusion.

>> No.6026840
File: 57 KB, 500x643, 1282893019760.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6026816

Oh, I see. This is very interesting, but... Hey, can you explain this then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Z4IQyOL_s

Actually, she says both Rika and Bernkastel die constantly in all the worlds.

>> No.6026862
File: 224 KB, 1400x700, 12653469.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6026840
This is where I start to get fuzzy on this stuff. According to the Umineko Wiki:

Bernkastel herself states that she is not Rika and that anyone who would think they are one is silly. Although, they share similarities in appearance and personalities, Bernkastel shares more traits with Frederica Bernkastel, from (possibly age, due to Frederica probably being the 1000-year old collection of Rika's memories and Bernkastel living for more than a thousand years) their powers and personalities. However, Frederica's eyes still have life in them, implying the hope that Rika has been waiting for more than thousands of years and has achieved, breaking the barriers of June 1983 while Bernkastel's eyes do not have any life in them at all.

I'm not sure but there seems to be three of them or something. Rika, Frederica Bernkastel, and our Bernkastel. However, I am not entirely sure as I have not read Higurashi, only watched it, but as far as I know Bernkastel isn't actually ever there. Therefore we can only rely on what Umineko Bernkastel says about Rika and her situation for the truth about that.

>> No.6026904

>>6026862
What if... Rika absorbs Frederica to avoid her fate?

Hirugashi takes place on Juny of 1983. Umineko in October of 1986. Therefore, Umineko happens before Hirugashi.

Then, the fact that Bernkastell and Frederica Bernkastell looks exactly the same, and Rika. The problem here is, why does Frederica interact with her "clone" Rika?

I don't know if they're all the same or not, but there's something true, theres a link between the three characters. Bern knows Frederika, you know... and she looks exactly like her. AND don't forget the fact that Hirugashi and Umineko were created by the same author.

I beliebe Rika somehow absorbed Frederika to become Bernkastel and avoid her unavoidable fate.

>> No.6026917

>>6026904
Also, I predict a little bit more of Hirugashi showing up on Umineko sooner or later.

By the way, I started suspecting that Takano was Lambda too because their appearance, but there's not a link between that characters so it's probably a coincidence.

>> No.6026925

>>6026904
No, because Frederica is created from Rika breaking through her endless cycle and maintaining hope. Umineko will always take place in 1986 but three years prior--1983--could have been 1000 years ago for Bernkastel.

Despite what is said in Higurashi manga or anything of the sort, the only thing you can trust are the visual novels of Higurashi and Umineko. I can't speak for Higurashi's but I do know Umineko's.

Bernkastel seems more an alternative of Frederica in that Frederica has hope and Bernkastel has none. It's just the Bernkastel is free to roam and Frederica is bound to Higurashi.

>> No.6026938

>>6026917
The link is the "34" that was so present in Takano's character and Lambdadelta being "3-4."

Regardless, Umineko is at its end and it doesn't have time to elaborate on this. As far as I know the only reason there's a connection is because Ryukishi likes self-references and it gives us a fun little link to suspect they're related.

The theory as far as I know is that Higurashi was a game between Bern and Lambda. Bern is on a much higher plane than Rika or Frederica will ever be and Higurashi would be a gentle game by Bern and Lambda's standards.

There will be no clarification, though, as this is only intended to be an easter egg of sorts.

>> No.6026944

>>6026938
From Umineko wiki:
She is very similar to Miyo Takano from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni in appearance, personality, and goals. This is likely simply a reference to Higurashi, because the events of Higurashi precede those of Umineko by three years (Higurashi taking place in 1983; Umineko in 1986), and she is said to have lived for a thousand years.

* Another similarity would be her name "Lambdadelta" (λδ) which represents thirty-four when using Greek numerals and "Miyo" (三四) can translated as "three, four" in Japanese, strengthening their connection.
* The "game" she played with Bernkastel may be the battle that took place in the world of Higurashi with the battle between Rika and Takano being the purpose of the game.

>> No.6026980
File: 27 KB, 222x212, 1282680288904.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Head hurts too much.

>> No.6026997

>>6026980
It's like this:

Bernkastel and Rika aren't the same. Think of it as Rika is Bernkastel's piece in Higurashi.

Lambda's piece was Takano.

This is all speculation and is only true as far as the easter egg goes. None of it is certain and it's only for fun.

>> No.6027016

>>6026980
I understand that face. I love pizza.

>> No.6027048

>>6026997

I think Ryukishi07 is a troll.

He's playing a secret "game" with us, using their characters as the "pieces". Or something like that.

>> No.6027054

Lambda could've been Takano, and Bernkastel Rika.

Since you know, despite all they've said, witches aren't exactly reliable sources of information unless they're speaking in red. And witches don't experience linear time, it's possible for them to live 1000 years in an instant, sort of like how Rika was over 100 in Higurashi.

>> No.6027057

>>6026980
Marry me, my dear pizza eater.

>> No.6027070
File: 293 KB, 800x700, 1282084855227.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6027054
In other words, witches are godess.

All hail Trollkastel!

>> No.6027072
File: 25 KB, 575x539, 1271743106993.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6026862
So, Frederica and Rika were different beings, but they still had bonds, because of the game. Frederica still had life in her eyes, because of Rika and her hope. So, what if, when Rika defeated fate, Frederica Bernkastel abandoned her name "Frederica" (because of the similarity with "Furude Rika"), and with that she cuts of her bonds with Rika, becoming finally a real, separate being. Bernkastel also lost the "life" in her eyes because Rika was not with her anymore, there was nobody that could give her hope, give her a meaning of life. I think its also said in the VN, in the character description, that because of the miracles she grants, her heart dies (-->dead eyes).
Anyway, i think that Higurashi was a game between AuAu and Lambda. AuAu just got bored and left Rika to play instead of her.

>> No.6027073
File: 27 KB, 215x203, 1282679905780.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6027057
No

>> No.6027087

>>6027073
Why? You could eat all the pizza you want with me.

>> No.6027094
File: 78 KB, 640x480, 1280758369977.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think this head is the answer to all that questions.

>> No.6027110

http://www.wattpad.com/221076-bern%27s-letter

>> No.6027133

Incidentally, anyone know how I can make good pizza dough?

>> No.6027148
File: 49 KB, 853x480, bernkastel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6027161

>>6027133
lulz

>> No.6027238

>>6027161
Is that some type of flour? I'm not familiar with it.

>> No.6027293

There are 3 Rikas

Rika Furude
Frederica Bernkastel
Bernkastel

The first Rika is the one we see in Higurashi. A human girl.

Frederica Bernkastel is the name Rika calls herself to separate her two personas. The second persona being a 1000 year old girl who keeps repeating the cycle of life, death and rebirth.

Bernkastel is a memory drive that Hanyuu used to transfer Rika's memories of past worlds when they enter a new kakera. When Rika decides at the end of Rei to be cut off from the repeating cycle that Hanyuu put her on, Bernkastel is disconnected and left behind. She is essentially the Rika who never got a good end, unlike our Rika Furude, and is every bad end Rika combined. Her eyes are empty because they reflect her lost hope in a miracle.

It should also be noted that in EP 1's ??? tip page, Bern's full name is "Frederica Bernkastel". It is only from EP 2 and onward that the TIPs page has just Bernkastel and not Frederica Bernkastel

>> No.6027319

>>6027293
>She is essentially the Rika who never got a good end, unlike our Rika Furude, and is every bad end Rika combined. Her eyes are empty because they reflect her lost hope in a miracle.
;_;

>> No.6027342

>>6027293
Agree. Thread over.

>> No.6027381

>Bernkastel seems more an alternative of Frederica in that Frederica has hope and Bernkastel has none. It's just the Bernkastel is free to roam and Frederica is bound to Higurashi.

coming up in ep8:
umineko ends, and suddenly frederica wakes up back in her logic error.

the character bernkastel and story she was in which she created while being stuck in the logic error was her delusion, where she imagined she escaped the logic error and had fun with other people again.

now, she realises the fun times and trolls she did never happened, and she's bound to be stuck in the logic error forever.

bad end.

>> No.6027423

>>6027293
Not disagreeing with what you said, but there was no "first name" involved, episode 1 included.

back to bern, there are too many points that indicate she is clearly the "consciousness" back from the Kakera world during Higurashi (Episode 2 mentions clearly that she had a past life, and her saying nipah is arguably too much of a coincidence).

By the way, Bernkastel is hardly "broken" as in term of losing hope. She is the "observer" and is basically not even close to a human since she doesn't care about that. If you had read Minagoroshi (VN and manga) you can see that the narrator is no one else but a "rika that is observing "our" rika", which is, as you may have guessed: Bernkastel.

While Frederica (the prima Rika who is repeating the cycle to death) was trying to reach the miracle, the kakera persona was just wondering how it would end, which is Bern.
You can guess that at some point, she learned that her human self was a pawn in Lambda game and they had some fun at some point.

By the way, the logic error that Bern had, mentioned in Episode 6, is Higurashi without a doubt, and the game master was most likely Hanyuu. The primary goal was to help rika to fight against fate, but the whole deal turned into an endless torture, which was basically a logic error if you were to question what was hanyuu doing all this time before matsuribayashi.

>> No.6027518

>>6027423
Interesting, so you DO think it was Higurashi. I surely would like to think that for the sake of fandom and reading that logic makes sense. You would think Bern would be more angry at Auau but then again fellow monsters, etc.

I believe this answer satisfies all points, thank you.

>> No.6027613

>>6027518
Well, the problem with my interpretation is how to deal with Featherine and Hanyuu.
It is very likely that Hanyuu was to Featherine like Rika/Frederica to Bern.
But considering the "theatergoing" stuff, it is possible that Featherine was the one who started the whole mess, probably pulling the strings to Lambda do some weird game on her own, then put a pawn (Hanyuu) so she can have a spectacle... and we got Rika who became helpless.

One would say that the problem was probably more about Hanyuu than Featherine, though considering Bern behaviour, it is very likely that "something" happened between Higurashi and Umineko kakera timeline (hints of a "long time" has passed, and that Bern had "fun" at serving Featherine)

I would consider the timeline as follow:
-Featherine is just a concept of an observer wanting to have something against boredom
-shit happens at some time
-[random kakera] Miyoko's parents died. She turns nuts after Hifumi kicks the bucket
-Lambdadelta heeds Miyoko's "wish" (Featherine did something?)
-Higurashi starts: Takano screws things
-Featherine wants to have a game with Lambda and puts something on the line: the Furude bloodline.
-Hanyuu is "dispatched" (I will assume that the whole Furude backstory already existed in original kakera and that the witches make sure that Rika would be the confronting force): Rika dies, Hanyuu is saddened to no end: reboot
-Rika does not understand shit about what's going on: cycle galore

>> No.6027614

>>6027613
-after a few cycle, Rika's memories going back and forth turns into an entity aware of the cycle: Frederica (the rika we know and we have followed). This is because the "destination" Rika always has the previous memories and thus, Rika's personality "adapts" to this.
-Meanwhile, after a certain amount of cycle, the memories of all previous rika are still in the kakera world. At some point, the observer emerged: Bernkastel.
-[unknown time]: Bernkastel is confronting Lambdadelta and they have the higu game (she was probably appointed by Featherine)
-Minagoroshi: a new observer emerged: the reader. Got in touch with Bernkastel, narrating the tale of Rika (which is Frederica).
-Matsuribayashi: Frederica finally reached Furude Rika's happiness.
=> Bern's victory over Lambda. As the winner, she can thus see the board in another way: Miyoko's fragment (happy one).
-Saikoroshi-hen: Frederica really died.
After the whole deal with the perfect world (which can be explained with Featherine pushing Hanyuu with that sudden possibilty of having that convenient kakera), Frederica ceases to sees herself as "higher" than a human (because she could always choose and have the "privilege" to deny a world and go to the next one).
She ceases to be a "witch" and goes back to Furude Rika

-Bernkastel is obviously getting bored since nothing is left.
=> lots of "whacky" Higurashi kakera (daybreak etc)

-Bernkastel is recruited by Featherine to be her miko

-???

-Umineko starts.

I think it is pretty consistent with how the characters are interacting with each others and the hints.

>> No.6027678

>>6027613
>>6027614
Damn, you know your stuff. It takes a lot of hard thinking but it makes sense. I'd like to believe you're right about this. You must be one of the leading Umineko theorists, huh?

Thanks for the explanation.

>> No.6027723

>>6027678
well, got tips from klashikari. Also his articles about Bernkastel back during Kai broadcast and Umineko helped a lot to connect the dots.
What really helped is the fact that Frederica is clearly "transferring" her memories, not jumping back in the time, so it definitely explained Bern's origin with Minagoroshi prologue.

both of these:
http://tinyurl.com/3d6u7r
http://tinyurl.com/2v4ay6g

They are pretty good stuff and easy to understand

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action