[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 357 KB, 640x480, touhou08qs7.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6004261 No.6004261 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /jp/,

I'm thinking about getting a standard netbook for classes with an Intel Atom 1.80GHz and Intel GMA950; I am wondering if I would be able to play all the official Touhou games with a good 60 FPS as well. I know the Atom is crap clock for clock and the Intel GPU is also crap but whatever, I'm on a $250 budget.

I'm sure there are some people in here with Intel Atom based netbooks that could tell me.

Thanks.

>> No.6004270
File: 30 KB, 450x747, 12g_very_high.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/thread

>> No.6004443

Touhou games take very little hardware power to run. For example, here are the system requirements for Mountain of Faith:

Windows 2000/XP (Vista/7 are fine too)
1 Ghz CPU
500 MB HDD space
Direct3D compatible video card with 32 MB of memory (for example an nVidia GeForce or ATI Radeon series)
DirectX 9
128 MB RAM

Basically, unless you're buying a 486 from Goodwill, anything on the shelf at whatever store you go to that doesn't have a big red apple emblazoned on the side will work. The only caveat is that playing on a tiny little netbook may be very awkward, since most bullets will be small enough to fit on the head of a pin. Beware of eye strain from squinting to see minute images.

>> No.6004454

If you bump up your budget another 200 or so, you can get a nice small laptop that will run much quicker. But this is just one man's opinion.

>> No.6004474

Netbooks are a marketing campaign to bring in the stupid people.
There's no real purpose for these things in daily life. To weak to do any decent work or gaming done, still to big to carry around all the time.

Do this
>>6004454
Or try getting a used laptop from ebay.

>> No.6004636

>>6004474

>To weak to do any decent work
ms office/openoffice and basic internet capabilities are pretty decent work, will even do 720p yt
>still to big to carry around all the time.
well, it needs to be like that so that it can hold a keyboard on it, also kind of annoying to surf the web on a small screen
>used laptop from ebay with no warranty
get out

>> No.6004758

Don't get an SSD version. The SSD's for netbooks are the cheap ones that are much slower than a hard drive and too small for Vista or 7. I've got an HP Mini 1000.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action