[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture


View post   

File: 37 KB, 500x346, beck-glenn8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5921290 No.5921290 [Reply] [Original]

Why does /jp/ like Glenn Beck so much?

Is it because he's just so damn moe? Or is it because he publicly admitted to owning a dakimakura?

>> No.5921293

He represents the will of the people

>> No.5921299

who? Sorry I don't watch television.

>> No.5921304

Crying moe~

>> No.5921305

He's a great comedian.

>> No.5921306

Probably the dakimakura, I was stunned when I heard about it. He's not exactly the kind of guy you would expect to own one.

>> No.5921314

>>5921306
wait... what?

>> No.5921315

>>5921306
Is there a sauce or is this troll.

>> No.5921318

>>5921315
>>5921314
Please use common sense.

>> No.5921319

>>5921306
It's probably of Jesus or Reagan or some shit like that.

Captcha: men harvent

>> No.5921321

batshit moe~

>> No.5921322

>>5921299
>>5921299

>> No.5921324

>>5921319
Someone needs to make him a Reagan one and send it to him. Have it be SUPER GAY.

>> No.5921330

/jp/ is surprisingly conservative.

>> No.5921332

>>5921322
>>5921299
>hey guys im actually 16 XD i dunno ur faggot ameircan tv chars

>> No.5921340

Glenn Beck should get permanent dibs on dubbing Wakamoto's voice.

>> No.5921344

Who the fuck is that and why should I care?

>> No.5921349

>>5921324
Oh god this. I wonder how much Custom Dakimakura are

>> No.5921350

>>5921332
Stop fucking around.

>> No.5921354

Who?

>> No.5921355

He's a good actor and fun to watch no matter where you stand politically.

>> No.5921358

>>5921332
>>5921299 here. I'm 19, I'm not american and I don't watch television. You got a problem with that?

>> No.5921362

>>5921350
Nobody's fucking around, if you haven't heard of Glenn Beck by now you're just a retard.

>> No.5921366

There are people who like Glenn Beck?

(Fringe ultraconservatives are not people.)

>> No.5921378

>>5921358
Don't reply to him, he's either trolling or one of the recent normalfags to join /jp/ in summer, or whenever the hell he came. Most people on /jp/ used to be social rejects who didn't give a shit about current events or celebrities, and had no reason to; because they were in their room all day and rarely ever communicated with the outside world.

I don't know who the fuck this guy is, but from this thread I'm assuming he's some kind of politician or something, which is surely not /jp/ related in any way shape or form. Unless this guy is doing something to help us lowlives (and by help I mean give us free money so we can stay NEET longer), we've no reason to give a shit about who he is.

Or he could be a celebrity, which would be even worse than a politician.

I'm not looking him up because he's not interesting to me.

tl;dr - Reported.

>> No.5921379

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK2SYib5Sxg&feature=channel

AUTISM IS A MONEY RACKET, YOU'VE HEARD IT HERE FIRST

>> No.5921384

I'm sorry, should I know who this guy is?

>> No.5921386

>>5921332
>>5921362

No TV.
Faggot

>> No.5921387

>>5921366
Why wouldn't you like Glenn Beck? He's like Stephen Colbert only more realistic.

>> No.5921389

I've no idea who Glen Beck is and I actually pay attention to the news. Is he a shock jock like that old Howard Stern guy?

>> No.5921391
File: 74 KB, 575x322, bull.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5921391

>>5921378
bull

I mean, this thread is off-topic, but what you said is unadulterated pure bull, and I have an adultery/ntr fetish not a bull fetish, so suck it

>> No.5921407

I don't even have a cable box in my room. I never use it, so my family saw no purpose in paying for an extra box. I only use my TV as a secondary monitor.

>> No.5921410

Why are there so many brain-dead liberals in this thread?

You guys SERIOUSLY don't know who Glenn Beck is? I find that hard to believe unless your IQ is in the double digits.

>> No.5921411

>>5921389
No, he's a hyper-conservative wingbat who's convinced that Obama and the entire Democratic party are communists and nazis and are plotting the downfall of America by going against everything the Founding Fathers desired.

The problem is that people actually take him seriously.

>> No.5921413

>he publicly admitted to owning a dakimakura

Link. FUCKING WHERE.

>> No.5921414

Crying on TV moe while pandering to god hoping that he'll stop a random person from going blind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcY4diU0UNE

>> No.5921426

>>5921410
When I was 13 years old I used to listen to Howard Stern, but I grew out of it. You should do the same.

If you can't then please take you're shock jock back to /new/s. Thanks.

>> No.5921428

>>5921410
lolz ur soo edgy! xD

>> No.5921440

>>5921410
>Implying smart people watch television

Oh lawdy lawd lawd!

>> No.5921447

>>5921440
I haven't owned a television in six years but I know that guy's name and roughly who he is. You have no excuse.

>> No.5921448

>>5921411
>I get my news from /b/

He's never called Obama or Democrats communists or nazis, maybe you should quit falling for made-up news created by nuts on the left and that fucker George Soros.

He hates Dems and Republicans not because they're "communists", but because they're corrupt assholes who need to be kicked out. If you actually listened to him directly rather than through internet gossip you wouldn't make an idiot out of yourself.

>> No.5921463

>>5921448
Sorry, sir, but declaring your support of this loon is pretty much the definition of making an idiot of yourself.

>>5921387
The difference between Stephen Colbert and Glenn Beck is that Colbert is trying to be funny.
Beck a genuine kook, and you can't help but pity him, his fans, and the entire teabagger movement.

>> No.5921464
File: 17 KB, 225x275, Slobbovic.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5921464

>>5921330
/jp/ is full of eurofags and scandiboos who worship Il Duce, Hitler and/or Slobovich

>> No.5921465

>>5921447
I know he has his own show and I know him to be Glann Beck.

But I've never seen his show.

>> No.5921470

>>5921465
He's some retard conservative who wants to kill all the hippies and faggots or something.

>> No.5921482

>>5921463
>declaring your support of this loon is pretty much the definition of making an idiot of yourself.

It makes me in an idiot in the eyes of idiots, which I can live with.

Also, Colbert is stopped being funny years ago. Showing support for that hack makes you an idiot to anyone with a sense of humor.

>> No.5921487

>>5921470
Fund it.

wait a second.......

>> No.5921488

>>5921448
It's called a "broad generalization for the sake of summarizing", I'm not going to go into describing the rantings of an insane madman for the sake of being correct.

Besides, you're a bigger idiot for actually listening to his drivel. Maybe you should go back to /new/.

>> No.5921491

His absurdly high ratings attest to how many Americans are crazy people who need to go a mental hospital.

I can understand people who watch his show for the unintended shits and giggles he provides though.

>> No.5921492

Well /jp/ is nothing but child molesters and child molesters tend rationalize their bullshit so much they actually like hearing other peoples bullshit.

>> No.5921496

>>5921470
Aren't Hippies basically NEET's with a social life, drugs and drugged up wenches?

>> No.5921497

>>5921448
Reported for trolling.

>> No.5921499

>>5921482
I'll respond with your line:
>It makes me in an idiot in the eyes of idiots, which I can live with.

That you take Glenn Beck seriously pretty much guarantees that reason is lost on you, so there's no point in going on.

>> No.5921508

>>5921414
>>I'm writing a book

Stopped watching there. I know how these disc jockeys/radio guys work.

Beck apparently has no following here on the West Coast either, which is a good thing.

>> No.5921518

>>5921499
Arguing with you is pointless, if you choose to be ignorant and judge him without even watching a single episode then so be it. Enjoy your fake news.

>> No.5921520

>>5921508
>Beck apparently has no following here on the West Coast

Enjoy your privileged-class, batty, white super liberals and an exploding population of spics. Also, enjoy your collapsing welfare state.

>> No.5921525

Not knowing Glenn Beck is understandable on /jp/. Hell, I didn't know who he was until I caught wind of it a few weeks ago. A lot of us don't watch television, and you also need to understand that 4chan is an international board, some of us don't' live in murrica.

I'm not a fan of television pundits on either side of the spectrum, they're literally comedians, and not very funny ones if you're not a zealous libtard or conservafaggot looking at everything in shades of blue or red.

>> No.5921526

>>5921520
The rest of the US is in no better shape. I'd rather live a hedonistic but doomed life in the land of liberals than rot slowly and miserably away in the hands of angry conservatives.

>> No.5921529

/jp/ - 3D news/General

>> No.5921540

ITT some fucking idiot thinks everyone is from America.

>> No.5921544
File: 9 KB, 181x274, Doubles Girl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5921544

>>5921520
>>my face while I'm financially secure for my entire life

I couldn't even care less White Ren. Let California sink or the Constitution explode in flames or whatever stories people are saying these days.

>> No.5921549

>>5921526
Yes, you'll undoubtedly support the idea that states which are actually capable of supporting their budgets should be forced to give money from their people to California via an armed federal redistribution package, in order to save the state that you and your ilk have brought to ruin by excessive, illogical, and unsupportable spending.

How about you, your "hedonistic liberal paradise," and the filth contained in it go up in flames, while the rest of us continue on without a care in the world. If you cause the problem, then you should at least have the dignity to die with the problem.

>> No.5921559

>>5921549
I live in Texas faggot.

This place is shit too so I don't know what you're on about.

CA will be fine once it legalizes weed anyway. Tax money from that will drive them from a deficit to a surplus overnight.

>> No.5921563

Glen beck is a jesus freak and would have everyone who visited 4chan executed. No matter what brand of fiscal apocalypse you subscribe to, you should be afraid of the tea party because they do not like you.

>> No.5921569

>>5921544
>White Ren

wait, is keeper and white ren the same nerdy hipster? GODDAMN

>> No.5921572

/jp/, stop. Let it die.

>> No.5921578

>>5921559
Like anyone will actually pay for weed once it's legal to grow it themselves for personal use. People only sell weed because there's a market for it due to illegality.

People buy booze and cigarettes because the cost/time/labor is too high to make it themselves for what it's worth. With marijuana, you get some decent stock, take care of it to some degree, and you've got an unlimited supply for yourself at hardly any difficulty.

If California thinks it can tax its way into solvency, especially off of marijuana, then its citizens and elected officials are complete and total retards.

>> No.5921586

>>5921578
This is why every smoker is growing their own tobacco in their back yard, right? I mean, why pay for that expensive tax?

>> No.5921596

>>5921578
It takes AT LEAST 9 weeks to grow a plant and not everyone wants to be arsed to bother.

It's easy to build your own PC too but there's still plenty of people out there giving Dell and Alienware business, aren't there?

Are you seriously implying that people from all over the country won't flock to California immediately to legally buy pounds of weed then sneak it back to their home states to sell/consume?

I think you're the one who doesn't understand.

>> No.5921597

>>5921586

>People buy booze and cigarettes because the cost/time/labor is too high to make it themselves for what it's worth.

ITT: We don't know how to read

>> No.5921598

>>5921578
I think you underestimate the laziness of Americans.

>> No.5921606

>>5921597
I haven't really seen to bring forth any evidence to support the idea that tobacco is somehow much harder to grow and prepare than weed. Care to?

>> No.5921610

>>5921586
People do grow tobacco themselves. It's not that hard to grow, either. But you need more tobacco to get an effect that isn't nearly as good as marijuana. Marijuana is about as easy to care for and, if legalized, could be grown by just about anyone.

More people around here are growing their own tobacco, especially with the feds talking about increasing taxes on cigarettes.

It's a shame to think we're more innovative than oh-so-enlightened Californians.

>> No.5921616

Hey, maybe going blind will make up for raping and killing a girl.

Link of him admitting to owning a dakimakura please

>> No.5921617
File: 69 KB, 564x557, beck22.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5921617

Posting superior Beck.

>> No.5921619

>>5921610
Great! So we know that even if it's an easy process, and there are heavy taxes. The majority of people will still choose to buy?

What were you saying about weed again? I forgot.

>> No.5921620

>>5921606
tobacco is used as a research model plant even in research totally unrelated to the tobacco industry just because it's easy to grow a lot of it

>> No.5921626

Weed is harmless anyways. I say let them legalize it.

Would probably make this Glenn Beck guy supremely asspained as well. So both /jp/ and California wins in the end.

>> No.5921631

>>5921606
Regardless of how hard it would be to grow, tobacco doesn't get you high and anyone willing to grow his own would smoke 20 cigs a day.
Pot smokers are fine with a few joints.
Pot requires way less effort to attain satisfaction, therefore.

>> No.5921632

So according to Keeper of:
>Like anyone will actually pay for weed once it's legal to grow it themselves for personal use.
But why isn't it happening with tobacco...?
>People do grow tobacco themselves. It's not that hard to grow, either.
And yet people buy smokes.

You seem to be conflicting here.

>> No.5921633

>>5921617
In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey♪

>> No.5921641

>>5921632
He lost the argument, now it's over. That's pretty much the run of it.

>> No.5921649

>>5921641
He didn't lose anything.

>> No.5921652

Ahaha, like anyone will buy vegetables and fruits once they're legal. Everyone will have their own mini gardens!

>> No.5921655

anyway, this thread really is off-board-topic, so whatever
>whee im'ma troll FAGS! on FOUR CHAN!

derp

>> No.5921659

>>5921655
Your name is just a bunch of boxes to me. Is that intended or do I need to install some language pack?

>> No.5921663

weed is for normalfags

>> No.5921664 [DELETED] 

>>5921617
Posting inferior Beck, but still better than that Glenn fellow.

>> No.5921667
File: 117 KB, 1024x640, BECK-MongolianChopSquad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5921667

>>5921617
Posting inferior Beck, but still better than that Glenn fellow.

>> No.5921669

>>5921663
Tell that to Tatsuhiro Satou

>> No.5921671

>>5921659
well, I didn't. Modern Windows and Linux both support all kinds of unicode for what are now considered bizarre archaic writing systems.

>> No.5921675

>>5921631
This is what I've said twice already. It seems nobody on /jp/ has reading comprehension aside from you.

>>5921632
>>5921641
You sure do like making up bullshit conclusions and then agreeing with yourself.

It's not worth the time/labor/cost to grow tobacco when it doesn't provide sufficient effect. Weed is worth the effect. Weed is even better than alcohol, in that it is infinitely easier to generate (as alcohol has a fermentation and aging time, unless you like drinking shit), has fewer side effects, and doesn't have as many points through the creation process that you can seriously and irrevocably fuck it up (alcohol requires tremendous care to avoid spoiling the batch, and when aging/fermenting, can result in a useless product if you screwed up one thing in the initial process)

Why buy weed when you can get good stock for yourself and grow it till the end of time?

>> No.5921681

>>5921667
Woah woah woah FUCK YOU. BECK is way better than Beck.

>> No.5921685

Fucking god... Can you guys please stop this stupid discussion? The meido was absent the whole day and I don't think she will be back soon so please let's try to avoid adding more shit to the pile.

>> No.5921695

>>5921675
BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE LAZY

Why buy vegetables when you can grow them yourself?
Why buy prebuilt PCs when you can build them yourself?
Why buy a house when you can build yourself a cabin out in the woods?
Why go to college when you can just read books and teach yourself?
Why buy beer when you can distill moonshine in your closet?

Have I made my point yet? Sir you've lost, just admit it.

>> No.5921697

>>5921681
I love BECK, but Beck is awesome.

>> No.5921699

>>5921675
Especially when we have an entire generation that's growing weed anyway, just to say "fuck you" to the authority. You expect that they're going to stop and start paying a tax, for what they were making already, to a government that has put out "WEED IS THE SATAN AND CORRUPTS YOUR VERY SOUL" propaganda their entire lives?

Lots of people shine around here to, in addition to the profit, stick it to the government for being a bunch of hypocrites and butting in to everything they do.

>> No.5921703

>>5921695
Your examples are just retarded.

>> No.5921727

>>5921695
None of those things are the same, to any degree:

>Why buy vegetables when you can grow them yourself?

People do grow vegetables. Have you not heard of vegetable gardens? Even people that live in cities have vegetable boxes.

>Why buy prebuilt PCs when you can build them yourself?

This isn't even the same. You can't grow a computer. The parts have to be made by someone. And more people, the ones who actually appreciate computers, buy pre-made systems and then trick them out, than buy pre-made systems with the nice parts. Unless it's a good deal.

>Why buy a house when you can build yourself a cabin out in the woods?

You still have to own the land in question, and it's a matter of logistics that effect the rest of your life completely depending on location. Not even the same fucking thing.

>Why go to college when you can just read books and teach yourself?

Technically, you do both, even if you go to college, but to make your point even more moot: you receive standing and accreditation when you attend a college that you can't get by training yourself.

>Why buy beer when you can distill moonshine in your closet?

Who says I don't? As I've said, lots of people make their own liquor. Shiners abound.

>> No.5921758

>>5921727
>People do grow vegetables. Have you not heard of vegetable gardens? Even people that live in cities have vegetable boxes.
You don't seem to be getting it, so I'll spoon feed you.

1. You doubted the tax-ability of weed
2. You cite the capability to grow them at home
3. Opposition cites other things that are legal and can be home grown, however most people buy them.
4. BUT IT'S NOT PRACTICAL
5. Yes, that's what we're saying
6. BUT WEED IS NOT THE SAME AS THOSE THINGS
7. Tobbaco is EXACTLY the fucking same
8. But it doesn't get you as high!!!
9. That's not the point, it's the goddamn same process. People still do not home grow their goddamn tobacco to avoid taxes in huge numbers. The ones that do so are by far the minority. Not to mention the fact that not everybody has a yard to plant their weed/tobacco.

>> No.5921763

>>5921727
>>5921703
You're just trolling now

>> No.5921791

I like him becauSELL YOUR GOLD NOW

>> No.5921794

no one likes Glenn Beck.
Not even Glenn Beck likes Glenn Beck.

Now go spend your fortune on gold and seeds.

>> No.5921801
File: 124 KB, 448x408, No-Words.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5921801

>>5921758
>yard to plant their weed
>Suggesting that you need a yard to grow enough marijuana only for personal use.

>> No.5921818

>>5921801
That's true, I grew it in my closet back in the day.

That doesn't really debunk the point though.

>> No.5921839

>>5921818
No, it points out that he's an idiot. Growing weed is incredibly easy for what you get out of it, and if you don't care about profit, then you can grow for yourself on the cheap and stick it to the feds for an extra, good measure.

Making it legal will just encourage a domestic garden, not buying heavily-taxed stuff that is just going to support the unsupportable, by people that have fought for decades to have you arrested and put in pound-me-in-the-ass prison for using a drug that's completely innocent and harmless.

>> No.5921850

>>5921801
>No, it points out that he's an idiot. Growing weed is incredibly easy for what you get out of it, and if you don't care about profit, then you can grow for yourself on the cheap and stick it to the feds for an extra, good measure.
What about this does not apply to tobacco? They both do the same thing.

>> No.5921863

>>5921850
Tobacco: Effect per Quantity/Use < Cost/Labor/Effort
Weed: Effect per Quantity/Use > Cost/Labor/Effort

Therefore, weed is worth growing for yourself, while tobacco is not. Smoking cigarettes is silly and pointless, anyway.

If you cannot comprehend this, then you basically admit that you are autistic.

>> No.5921868

>>5921839
Nah, even if I was still growing it, if I could pick some up at Walmart along with my groceries, I would. It's actually not that easy to grow; or rather it is, but it's also just another pain in the ass to deal with every day. You also have to consider that there is a long period of downtime between crops and there's the fact that there is always someone out there growing with better technique than you. In fact even when I was growing I was still buying occasionally from others who had different and better strains.

>> No.5921892

>>5921868
Your point only works under the assumption that a state-run weed enterprise, which is likely to be the only answer to legalizing weed for commercial sale, would actually use good strains and be anything more than a shoddy, shoe-string budget, mass production effort that is nothing more than an attempt to increase tax revenues.

Even if we see tobacco companies growing weed, which is the likely commercial outcome should the states decide not to overly regulate commercial sale (which they undoubtedly will), we will see weed taxed as heavily as cigarettes are, while still being artificially expensive from a pure supply/demand perspective.

Just like cigarettes are.

If it ends up in Walmart, it will be mass-consumption shit, just like everything else that ends up in Walmart.

>> No.5921900

>>5921863
>Tobacco: Effect per Quantity/Use < Cost/Labor/Effort
Weed: Effect per Quantity/Use > Cost/Labor/Effort
Uhh, source? You're pulling ">"and "<" out of your ass. You do know that people have preferences, right? Some people hate weed but love tobacco, and vice versa.

>> No.5921903

>>5921900
So, you're just autistic.

That's nice to know.

>>
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Action