[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 19 KB, 247x320, hoichi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5324900 No.5324900 [Reply] [Original]

I'm in the mood for some stimulating intellectual discussion. So, of course I instantly thought of you, /jp/.

Japan has a rich literary tradition of ghost and horror stories. These have mainly manifested in manga, live action movies, and short stories.

What are your favorite Japanese horror stories?

>> No.5324919
File: 75 KB, 600x450, mindfuck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i have one that's translated by me and my freind babelfish-kun,
let me post it later. here's a mindfuck.

>> No.5324934

Kaidan is /x/ material, isn't it?

>> No.5324947
File: 376 KB, 750x615, uzumaki.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5324919
Cool beans.

I personally always liked Hoichi The Earless (first pic), and The Human Chair by Edogawa Rampo. And, of course, the manga by Junji Ito.

>> No.5324954
File: 281 KB, 453x498, classroom.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5324934
And maybe, but they tend to get annoyed with anything that isn't repetitive copypasta.

>> No.5324959

I'm an /x/phile, but have never been scared or creeped out by any Japanese manga or folklore.

>> No.5324965

Is The Terror of Beauty any good?

>> No.5324967

>/jp/
>Intellectual
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>> No.5324978

>>5324919
what's the mindfuck?

>> No.5324981

I personally think theyre shit. I guess i´grow accustomed to everything, once the new andsmelly oriental is gone youre left with generic(by asian standards) shock therapy bullshit with fucking oni and other stupid shit that shouldnt belong in anywhere outside of childrens scareright programs.

>> No.5324996
File: 29 KB, 500x314, juon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5324959
Very few of it shocks or startles me like in western stories. but a good deal of them have been creepy and unnerving. Ju-on for example.

>> No.5324995

Since the diagram of the body was not complete, they were able to determine some houses that the incident could happen soon. They told the citizens living there to report the police if they see a "light".
But actually, what the victims saw the morning they died was not just a light.
This is what the victims actually said.
"I woke up at night, and i saw a small light. The light became brighter and bigger. And when i looked carefully, i saw an object. The object came closer and closer to me. Surprisingly, the object was a bloody body without any head, arms or legs crawling towards me. It came closer and closer to me so i became scared and closed my eyes." Then every single person who saw the body died the next day.
A citizen who became afraid of this went to the closest shrine and asked for help. But the exorcist replied to him "There is a terrifying hatred pointed towards you in the darkness. Even i cannot remove it. But the only thing that could possibly save you, is to say "Kajima-san" 3 times then this shrine's name without closing your eyes when the body appears."
That night, the body actualy appeared in front of the man, and the man used his courage and said "Kajima-san Kajima-san Kajima-san" and the shrine's name. Then, the body crawled around him and disappeared.
The man was saved that day, but the hatred was so strong, that the body appeared in front of him when he was at a vacation. Nobody knows what happened to him afterwards.
And this story has an extremely unfortunate part. Its that the body will appear in front of the person who heard this story.

source: 鹿島さん http://f33.aaa.livedoor.jp/~juso/page025.html#lcn007

>> No.5324990

After the WW2, the United States took control of Japan and many solders were committing crimes towards the Japanese citizens as revenge.
One night, when a famous, beautiful, 23 years old women was walking near the Kakogawa station, unfortunantely she got raped by several American solders. And the solders wanted to kill her in pain so they shot both of her arms and legs and left her body on the road.
When she was in a near-death situation, fortunantely, a doctor who passed by saved her by sacrificing her rotten arms and legs.
But the women who had pride on her beauty couldn't stand the ugliness of her body, when she was getting pushed on a wheelchair on the bridge of the Kagawa station, she commited suicide by crawling on the bridge with no arms or legs and fell on the coming train.
The police and the railroad members collected her body pieces but mysteriously, they couldn't find any parts of her head.
Since it was an era of chaos, the case was forgotten in a short amount of time.
But the incident happend a few weeks later.
People who were healthy died mysteriously. And it happened like a chain through neighbors and neighbors.
The police did a big search on this case and they questioned through all the houses which the incident happened. And they noticed that all the people who died said "I saw a weird light last night" at the morning that they died. The incident was on the newspaper at that time, and people of that city were panicked by it.
The police were serious about this case, and after they finished questioning, they traced all the neighbors that the incident happened on a map, and surprisingly the noticed that the route was shaped like a body without any head, arms, or legs.

>> No.5324998

>>5324978
Middle left branches

>> No.5325007

>>5324998
Not seeing it.

>> No.5325021

>>5324990
>>5324995
Ooh, hehe. Thanks. Good ending.

Also, "women" should be "woman" in the second sentence, if you're translating.

>> No.5325027

>>5324998
Oh. Pretty lame.

>> No.5325032 [DELETED] 

>>5325007
Ugh... it's not scary if someone has to point it out to you. A little girl is standing behind the branches.

>> No.5325103
File: 20 KB, 304x209, 01_046-2a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Seeds of Anxiety had me pretty scared when I read it some time ago. Probably because I experience one of these things when I was younger (pic related). I liked how they felt surreal and that it could happen to anyone. I liked the one where the office guy was followed by that thing.

>> No.5325116
File: 41 KB, 400x298, laughingclannadman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>stimulating intellectual discussion
>talk about Japanese shit

>> No.5325132

>>5325103
*shudder*

That story that your picture is from was my favorite. Thanks, because I forgot the name.

>> No.5325141

I likethe classic tale of the samurai and the woman in the well, never remember the name though.

>> No.5325150
File: 28 KB, 348x496, imprint.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5325116
>>5324967
I see that your time on the internet has deadened your understanding of sarcasm.

Also, the Imprint episode of Masters of Horror.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action