[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 26 KB, 540x540, 1275155127304.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5257470 No.5257470 [Reply] [Original]

Could someone maybe translate this please? I get the general message myself but I'm not very sure about an exact translation, and google translate doesn't do a much better job than me. Thanks! (names edited out)

------- が日本語を読める事に尊敬します。
では、今回もすこし日本語で話しますね!

私はアルバイトをしています。"ビックカメラ"という家電量販店で、
販売員をしています。
場所は新宿という町で、東京の中でも大きな繁華街の一つです。
新宿は私の大学のある町でもあります。日本に来たときには新宿も案内でき
たら良いなと思っています。

-------、日本のどこか見たい場所はありますか?
私の友人に、日本の神奈川県にある鎌倉という場所に住んでいる人がいます
。鎌倉には歴史あるお寺や神社があります。時間があれば鎌倉も案内した
いなと思います。
私はまだ、フリッツが日本に来たときのスケジュールなどが分からないので
すが、いろいろ案内ができる事を楽しみにしています!

それでは、失礼します。

-------------

>> No.5257474

Oh god fuck you're picture

It's like they're moving when I scroll

>> No.5257482

>>5257470
Try this translator, tends to be more understandable.
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english

>> No.5257483

-------the pleasure of being cummed inside

>> No.5257500

>>5257482

That does give me some extra information, but the translation itself is terrible lol. It calls me "it"!!! Pot-->kettle?

>> No.5257521

>>5257474

Yea, great for /b/, save it ^^

>> No.5257526
File: 96 KB, 615x403, hipster sign - merriweather post pavillon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.5257539

I respect that ----- can read Japanese.
Well then, lets talk a little in Japanese this time too!

I have a part time job. I am working as a salesperson for the electric appliance store (mainly TVs, stereo systems, etc) called Bikkekamera. It is located in Shinjyuku, which is a large business area in Tokyo. Shinjyuku is also where my post-secondary institution is. It would be nice if I could show you around Shinjyuku when you come to Japan.
That's all I'm translating for you. This is obviously some letter written for you, and you shouldn't be trading letters if you can't even read it by yourself.

>> No.5257545

You left an instance of your name in.

>>5257539
Also it's BIC Camera.

>> No.5257556

>>5257539

What? That's the most broken moral judgement I've seen yet this year. Who are you to decide with whom I can exchange letters? Do you really think he would we would be communicating in Japanese if there wasn't any good reason for it?

This is part of a letter to me that was half in English, half in Japanese as practice for me, since I'm visiting there this summer.

>> No.5257561

>>5257545

I noticed, well good luck to all the trolls trolling everyone on earth with my first name ;)

>> No.5257562

>>5257556
Why would you say you can read Japanese when you clearly can't?

>> No.5257571

>>5257561
フリッツ

Fritz, wat

>> No.5257575

>>5257562

I told him in the last letter I was proud to say that I could understand the general meaning of his message.
Now, just translate the rest of the thing so we can all go on with our lives lol.

>> No.5257578

>>5257575
So you're just a lazy lying fuck then. Good luck trying to look good when you actually go to Japan and can't read shit.

>> No.5257579

>>5257556
In my opinion, you shouldn't be asking us to help you TL it, but rather telling the person you're exchanging letters with what you're having problems with. It's better for them to know your skill level and you two to be talking comfortably than for you to have to run to someone for help every time. If they think you have no problem with this letter, then they'll start using harder and harder sentences, and you'll be stuck asking for assistance from a third party. Just be honest about it and it should work out fine, you'll probably learn more that way, too.

>> No.5257580

English is not my mother tongue (Japanese isn't either), so it might be somewhat strange.

...but I respect you being able to read Japanese(?).
Now then, I'll talk some Japanese again!

I work part time. I'm a salesperson in a consumer electronics store. The location is in a town called Shinjuku, which is a big shopping district in Tokyo. Shinjuku is also where my university is located. It would be great if I could show you around Shinjuku if you came to Japan.

Is there any place in Japan you'd like to see?
Among my friends there is one person that lives in Kanagawa prefecture, specifically in Kamakura, which has a few historical temples and shrines. If there's enough time, I'd also like to show you around Kamakura.
I still don't know when you* are coming to Japan, but I'm already looking forward to showing you around.

Well then, see you

*are you German?

>> No.5257582

>>5257580
*in a consumer electronics store called Biccamera

>> No.5257595

>>5257580

Thanks! I'm Dutch, it's actually Frits.

>>5257579
I get your point, but unfortunately you have no idea of the relationship between him and me. He doesn't expect me to be able to read it just like that, it's just for fun, I translate it on the net and try to piece together the meaning of the kanji with the help of the translation and what I know.

bye :p

>> No.5257609

>>5257470
>He thinks that the neckbeard basement dwellers on /jp/ can actually read moonrunes based on the knowledge they gained from 2 semesters of Japanese at CC.

LOL.

>> No.5257611

>>5257595
Rikaichan, nigga

>> No.5257613

>>5257526
What, another Columbiafag?

>> No.5257619

>>5257595
I'm the fag that provided the second translation. I agree with translator 1. Personally, I wouldn't like my mails leaked on the net either.
Just tell him it was a little hard to understand this time and you needed help to decipher it. Most Japanese I've talked to are really good at adapting to your skill level and expressing things in a way you can understand.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action