[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 20 KB, 560x205, narcissu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5230504 No.5230504 [Reply] [Original]

Narcissu...
This is the first VN I ever attempted to read. A few minutes ago, it crashed for the second time. Now before I'm gonna click trough all those dialogs again, I was wondering if this VN is really worth it?

I'm in chapter 2. So far, the story is about 2 persons going all emo and stuff. No one likes them, friends are gone, parents are shit... Nothing really happends, c'ept that they just got into a car and "Oh shit, we don't have any money and clothes. What do?!?!?". I don't really know what to think of this. Drama is fine, but this is just over the top...

So, should I really just click trough the whole thing again, read on and have a great time or should I just find another VN? (recommendations are appreciated) I really want to give this whole VN thing a serious try.

On a side note, is it normal that VNs crash just like that? I don't get any error, just don't don't respond anymore. I guess I should just save after every 2 sentences...

>> No.5230512

Some praise it to the heavens, to me it was just rather mediocre, but stilll ok. It's only like 2 hours long anyway, so what's to lose?

>> No.5230514

Well I felt that it was way to short, it was about the length of a feature film but with no visuals. I felt the weight of their decisions and their plight but I wasn't attached to any of the characters.

>> No.5230511

>This fucking thread

>> No.5230521

It's pretty average. There are certainly better VNs you could try instead.

>> No.5230533

ADD prick

>> No.5230536

>first VN
>2 persons going all emo and stuff

Please get out.

>> No.5230544

>>5230536
You should be featured in this VN. You'd make a great 3rd person

>> No.5230569 [DELETED] 

Download Narcissu 2nd, it contains both Narcissu and Narcissu 2nd. The Narcissu version of that package does not crash.

Narcissu was my first VN and I played it in a very especial moment of my life so it was a godly experience for me, I have my own reasons to think that. It's definitely a title to recommend to those who want to get into the VN stuff, if you don't like you will probably dislike many VNs and will prefer those who have good H scenes for the pleasure of fapping only. Also a VN usually have a impact according to the reader's emotional state, way of thinking, etc. So if you are going "emo kids hurr durr" this is probably not the genre you will enjoy.

>> No.5230577

Download Narcissu 2nd, it contains both Narcissu and Narcissu 2nd. The Narcissu version of that package does not crash.

Narcissu was my first VN and I played it in a very especial moment of my life so it was a godly experience for me, I have my own reasons to think that. It's definitely a title to recommend to those who want to get into the VN stuff, if you don't like you will probably dislike many VNs and will prefer those who have good H scenes for the pleasure of fapping only. Also a VN usually have a impact according to the reader's emotional state, way of thinking, etc. So if you are going "emo kids hurr durr" this is probably not the genre you will enjoy.

>> No.5230585
File: 113 KB, 950x1356, 1266353153589.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5230577
I saw the mistake you did earlier

>> No.5230597

>>5230504
Save every other second. It crashed all the time for me too.

I found the story rather boring and it had no emotional impact on me. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be depressing or sad or what.

>> No.5230616

>>5230577
That's pretty presumptuous. I like a lot of sad VNs but the fact remains that I didn't think Narcissu was very well done. Like many stories dealing with terminal illness it used that plot point as a crutch and expected readers to automatically feel sad just because the characters were dying. There wasn't much substance to it other than that. Contrast it with Kana, which also deals with terminal illness but actually does it in a way that's emotionally moving.

>> No.5230625

>>5230577
It still lacks in alot of areas, I want my visual novels to have visuals for example.
Also- Just putting a sick girl in front of me with barely any personality to speak of is not enough to get me emotionally involved. I have great empathy towards the issues they (try to) touch on in this VN but it's not enough if you have a totally boring character. The only time any depth was added to our female protagonist was during a few short flashback scenes of her thinking about her plight. If a movie played out the same at least I probably would have been more involved since an actor can act out convincingly what words does not cover.

>> No.5230634

hold control to skip

>> No.5230650

>>5230577
Thanks for your reply. I'll try and get a hand on this Narcissu 2nd. It's not that I'm going all like, lol 2 persons going emo. If the program didn't crash I'd still be reading it right now. I think I expected to much out of it reading how /jp/ is praising VNs all over the place. Guess I'm just frustrated that it crashed again.

I'll give it a 3rd chance, but maybe this isn't the right VN for me cus I've never had any health issues or had a relative/friend that did...?

>> No.5230665

Stop wondering and just read it. In my opinion Narcissu is fine made, and enjoyable VN with a kinda original storyline. Also, I loved how it ended.
I would also like to say, what you guys seem to forget, that Narcissu is freeware. Sure, we can dl anything and just read it for free, but it still is something to make good VN, and put it out as freeware.

>> No.5230674

Love it. #1 Route BGM is fucking good.

It crashes in my Vista too though. But I can deal with it anyway.

>> No.5230674,1 [INTERNAL] 

>>5230569
Lol check out this nigger who made a mistake.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action