[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 700 KB, 1920x1200, Konachan.com - 75553 blue guitar headphones jpeg_artifacts nitroplus polychromatic soniko super_soniko.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5184803 No.5184803 [Reply] [Original]

I've got a guitar, I know my chords but I have no music. What type of music did /jp/ play while they were still learning, before becoming masters?

>> No.5184830
File: 220 KB, 800x662, gitar.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got myself a guitar to play miku songs and that is all I care to play.

>> No.5184993

1) Load up playlist.
2) Hit shuffle.
3) Play along with whatever comes up.

Repeat over and over for a year or two and you'll be fine. And you should play whatever type of music you like.

>> No.5185263

>>5184993

This. Playing along to songs will train your ear, improve your interval and chord tone recognition, and just make you more comfortable with the instrument than trying to play ridiculously complicated TAB note-for-note, like I tried for a year or so. Don't underestimate basic-sounding rhythm guitar or open chords, it's so important to be able keep tempo and it's hard to undo sloppy timing. Any rock music will do.

Record yourself playing along too, it'll force you to improve when you hear that your timing is off, your muting sucks and your bends aren't up to pitch like you'd thought.

>> No.5185281

/jp/ - guitar discussion

>> No.5185282

I played punk rock but I didn't learn much from it.

Most anime/eroge music is pretty easy anyways so you should be fine with that.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action