[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 71 KB, 400x400, lucifer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5059714 No.5059714 [Reply] [Original]

Let's have an episode 7 speculation thread.

I predict that Eva will be the detective, Jessica will go out LIKE A BRO, George will die like a bitch, and that Eva will reach the truth but never reveal it in order to protect Battler.

Also, AuAu will be trolled by Bern and Lambda.

>> No.5059721
File: 114 KB, 880x800, luci-nee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Luci-nee is so moe~

>> No.5059732

Any detective other than Erika or Battler will just get killed

>> No.5059734

>Auau
>trolled by Bern and Lambda
you don't know who is the most powerful witch, don't you?
TL note= powerful means trollsome

>> No.5059746

>>5059732
They all get killed, bro. But Eva has been shown to be able to survive till(and even past!) the end. Same concept with George and Jessica.

>> No.5059754

Kraus is the detective. Hilarity ensues, as he is even more incompetent than Battler.

>> No.5059761

>>5059714
I think AuAu is going to be done in by the Miragecoordinator, Kyrie, or Jessica.

Perhaps all three at the same time, her haughty attitude just excretes "IM GOING TO DIE SUDDENLY BUT INEVITABLY BY SOMEONE MUCH MORE EVIL THAN I AM"

>> No.5059769

Here is my prediction.
On the day of its release in Japan, there will lots of spoiler pics released.
One of them will be from the end of the game, with Beatrice looking all crazy holding a gun, kinda like Eva at the end of episode 3.
Except this Beatrice will be without a wig and will look exactly like Shannon.
Another spoiler pic will be something that will prove ShKanon.

The moments they will be posted, you'll see lots of people going IT'S A SHOOP, FAKE I'M CAlLING IT, etc...
Then they'll be forced to admit the truth.
Then, what will happen I wonder.

>> No.5059774

I guess there will be no detective at all. Just more and more meta-stuff, metaphors, allusions and colored truths.

>> No.5059793

>>5059774
There will be a detective, I think. You need DAT DETECTIVE POV to reveal the truth.

>> No.5059797

Lucifer will get raped by Battler and love every second of it.

>> No.5059812

I just hope episode six will be released before seven.

>> No.5059822

>>5059746
Yes, they all get killed by a bomb in the end...
but there is a reason why Battler and Erika are never attacked during the two days

Ep7 will be no exception

>> No.5059834

>>5059797
She already was in the tips.

>> No.5059838

>>5059822
Well, Battler died before the B0MB in episode 6.

Jessica survives till the end twice, and Eva is confirmed to at least "won" one of the gameboards(if not the ACTUAL Rokkenjima itself).

They could both easily be the detective and survive.

>> No.5059839

>>5059822

It's because Battler is the killers target and Erika doesn't exist so can't get killed

>> No.5059851

>>5059838
I've always wondered about Eva, maybe she won because of Bernkastel?
I mean, take ep2, where Beato says she's being an active player, then ep3 happens, Eva for an unknown reason survives and she creates Ange, Bern's piece.
This would fit quite well with the part Bern says about how much work preparing a piece like Ange took.

>> No.5059853

DON'T MIND ME
JUST BEING THE FINAL BOSS MUSIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSg2-SakI8Q

>> No.5059864

>>5059851
Eva won because she's intelligent, and a good woman. The crazy maid couldn't kill her. Hell, Eva most likely blew a few rounds in that bitch's head.

>> No.5059875

>>5059864
But EVa was being delirious, was depressed and feverish.
And stop with the crazy maid, the crazy maid was dead, confirmed by our detective when he saw Shannon's corpse.

>> No.5059881

>>5059853
Woah, I hear aspects of Rog-Limitation, Final Answer, and Promise in that song.

>> No.5059888

>>5059875
Episode 3 does not equal the Rokkenjima Eva came from, silly.

>> No.5059892

>>5059875
Episode 3 =/= Ange's Rokkenjima

>> No.5059897

>>5059888
You still have no basis to claim it isn't.
So I can perfectly say that she came from there.

>> No.5059900

>>5059851
It's probably just because Beato didn't try to win very hard and allowed survivors. She's then threatened for that by Lambda. Because of that ("bird escaped from the cage"), Bern was able to bring forth Ange. And by preparations she probably meant continuous trolling of Ange for 12 years.

>> No.5059905

>>5059838
The reason they survived are not how capable they are at surviving, but simply because culprit allowed them to...probably because culprit figured their deaths aren't necessary to provoke Battler in that particular episode...

And the murders are made for Battler to be awared of since he is the main target. Eva or Jessica could just get killed on the first twilight if culprit felt like it

>> No.5059912

>>5059897
I have a basis.
R07 pretty much confirmed in his latest interview that the fiction theory is true, not like it wasn't obvious, of course that include episode 3 too.

Ange's story and the whole fast-forward doesn't seem to belong in a fiction though.
Therefore she, and Eva, belong in the one true history, one we didn't see yet.

>> No.5059926

>>5059912
>fiction theory
What is it?

>> No.5059932

ASUMU!

>> No.5059948

>>5059926
Umineko doesn't happen in an alternate universes setting like Higurashi, all games are actually simple fiction.
Basically Umineko is about Battler and Beato doing commentaries about some novels or movies that she wrote/directed if you want an analogy.

>> No.5059963

>>5059912
>R07 pretty much confirmed in his latest interview
Now saying a crude and ruthless theory means that whatever you're thinking is true?
WOW

>> No.5059976

>>5059963
No.
He stated that even the pieces could talk in gold given the right conditions.
Think about it a little and realize why it confirms the fiction theory.

>> No.5060015

>>5059976
No, it confirms that gold = witness truth = magic. Which you should have figured out from EP5 already.

>> No.5060025

>>5060015
Yeah because people can talk in magical colored text in the reality.
And why would this "witness truth" be only available if you know everything about Beatrice and what happened?

>> No.5060034

EP 7 needs to be a Rudolf arc. Kyrie and Asumu can come too, but lets face it out of the four siblings he's had the least attention. Pretty much everything relating to the love triangle between him, Kyrie and Asumu came out of fantasy scenes. Only time we even hear about Asumu is from Kyrie and she's not entirely trustworthy, considering she pretty much wanted to kill her.

I can't see Eva as being a major character. She had her arc and time. Give room for other characters to get developed.

>> No.5060040

>>5059912
>one true history
In other words, you're saying that the whole Ange's story is actually the part of the single 'real' world. And the other parts will be revealed once we solve all the tales, right? But then how can different tales be true and still describe the death of Eva? They must be connected with the presented future of the 'single history', no?

>> No.5060068

>>5060040
The 1998 scenes are all real in EP 4. In EP 6 Ange seems to realize that even though she's meeting Featherinne right now, at the same time she shouldn't be meeting her. This is a pretty mindfuck moment, since Ange even remembers giving Sakutaro to Maria in Beatrice's Golden Land, which doesn't happen until after she confronts Kasumi.

The entire meeting between Featherinne and Ange should have never occurred. But now it suddenly did and Ange even says this isn't in her memories.

sorry, but to some extent magic should be real to have this mindfuckery. That and there's no way for Featherinne to know about all of the Ushiromiya personal affairs (Rosa meeting Beatrice in 1967, Natsuhi pushing her child and servant off a cliff, Kyrie's jealously, etc)

>> No.5060072

>>5060040
The fictions are just some "what if" stories about Rokkenjima, they don't have to have the same ending as the real history.
Heck maybe someone else survived in the true history, who know?

>> No.5060101

>>5060068
So, essentially magic exists and we all lose anyway.

>> No.5060112

>>5060068
Doesn't need magic.
Ange is already pretty crazy and seeing lots of people die around her should have been pretty traumatic as well.
She could have been manipulated to see what she saw.

And Featherine could have some contact to know all about the Uroshimiya.
And it takes place 12 years later, the Rokkenjima incident was a big event and several big ass investigations probably happened, lots of hidden stuffs were probably revealed to the public, heck don't forget there was other servants working in the mansion that weren't present during the 2 days, they probably know a lots of shit too.

>> No.5060133

>>5060072
>Heck maybe someone else survived in the true history, who know?
>>5059912 stated that Ange's route ending is a true ending, therefore Eva must survive in it, and other survivors (if any) must be hiding.

>> No.5060150

>>5060112
>Ange is already pretty crazy and seeing lots of people die around her should have been pretty traumatic as well.

The meeting with Featherinne took place before she went to Rokkenjima and was attacked by Kasumi. Juuza was even shown talking to Okonogi over the phone and was told that it was his choice if he wanted to kill the Sumadera family if it was needed, so it's confirmed by that enough. Your reasoning doesn't make sense since she hasn't actually seen anyone die and the dialogue itself says that the meeting between them is real.

>And it takes place 12 years later, the Rokkenjima incident was a big event and several big ass investigations probably happened, lots of hidden stuffs were probably revealed to the public, heck don't forget there was other servants working in the mansion that weren't present during the 2 days, they probably know a lots of shit too.

Nobody knew about Rosa meeting with 1967 Beato and Kyrie's jealousy was all written in her diaries, which Ange only had access to after the incident.

>> No.5060172

>>5059912
I've got a sneaking suspicion of what went down, myself.

I suspect that Jessica is still alive(but blind), and that Juuza is either Battler or Kanon. It would quite easily explain why Juuza needs so much bank, he has a blind chick to take care of.

>> No.5060175

The detective will be Nanjo he'll discover that the culprit in all episodes is bonitus. Then will race to Kinzo's room to find the cure in less than 2 days. Epic

>> No.5060179

>>5060172
Nanjo said her injuries weren't that bad.

>> No.5060180

>>5060025
You're getting hung up on the text and not paying attention to the truth it represents. The characters can't talk in magical colored text, but they can certainly witness something and then lie about it to the detective. Which is pretty much what gold truth does. Why do you think golden butterflies showed up in EP1 and EP2 when human characters were presenting false narration?

It's not that you have to know "everything about Beatrice and what happened", it's that you have to know "the truth". Not the whole truth of the game, but the truth of whatever you're using gold about. It's like we saw in EP6. You can't use magic unless you know what really happened behind the magic.

>> No.5060190

>>5060179
She was blinded. Besides, when has Nanjo ever been right about a dead body, ever?
I'm sticking to my theory, Juuza needs cash money because he's taking care of someone. And I very much doubt he'd be taking care of the KILLER, so....

>> No.5060194

>>5060172
The fact that an EP 4 manga omake page actually made fun of the Battler = Juuza thing, it doesn't seem likely that it's true.

>> No.5060198

Exclusive Spoilers:
EP 7: Battle of the Golden Witch
New Characters:
Giovanna Witch of all endings
Van Dyne (Asumu's BATTLER) (The new detective)
Young Kinzo
Asumu Ushiromiya

>> No.5060199

I know this is a noob statement, but I haven't been able to find a single reliable link to the games since I got my new harddrive after I lost the game on my old one. Can someone help a poor soul?

>> No.5060202

>>5060150
Or the meeting with Kasumi as we saw in episode 4 simply didn't happen in the reality.
Let's say that she somehow read a story about what was going to happen in her future, with her going to the island and everything that happen there.
With her strong and crazy imagination she "lived" that scene and saw everything like it really happened, in the same way as she imagined Maria and the stakes.
She even saw herself die but it really only happened in the fiction she read.

So the mindfuck is happening because she can't differentiate her imagination and reality anymore, seems like a common theme in Umineko.

Here is one theory that doesn't need magic, I'm sure other theories can be found.
Stop giving in to magic so easily, it's obvious that R07 is trying to do something more than A WITCH DID IT with all of this and Ange herself is very relevant in the whole thing.

>> No.5060214

>>5060194
I'm thinking that Juuza has to be someone related to the island, and fiction theory becomes quite silly if that is not even true.
Think about it: Ange's dead, Everyone's dead, no one gets a good end at all. The whole thing becomes an exercise in pointlessness.

>> No.5060234

>>5060214
>The whole thing becomes an exercise in pointlessness.
It can't become something it already is.

>> No.5060240

>>5060199
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=44990
eps 1-4
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=106483
eps 5-6
You know how the patches are and all

>> No.5060243

>>5060214
If he is he should be the culprit or an accomplice. Juuza being Battler and not telling Ange just makes him a giant dick. He could've told her. At ANY time. But he didn't.

There is also a possibility that he killed Ange when he sniped Kasumi.

>> No.5060247

thanks

>> No.5060253

>>5060243
Or maybe he wants to protect her from something, something really datk and taht she would be better off not knowing.

>> No.5060254

>>5060202
>Or the meeting with Kasumi as we saw in episode 4 simply didn't happen in the reality.

Then all that crappy 1998 scenes have just become completely pointless. Hell let's just say that EP 6 Ange meeting with Featherinne is also pointless too, it was probably written in by her just for the hell of it.

If you keep saying that every single thing is fake then Umineko becomes pointless to read. Any resolution we get from it will be fake too because with your theory we can't trust a single damn thing we were given, since everything didn't actually happen.

Sorry if I think that a game I invested a good amount of my time into shouldn't have 100% fake scenes to it every second.

>> No.5060266

>>5060254
The Featherine reunion was confirmed to be fake, just an addendum by Featherine for the hell of it.
It didn't happened in Ange's journey, Featherine just hijacked a morning.

>> No.5060267

>>5060243
He could be Battler and just be doing it for the whole enlightenment thing. Beatrice could have told Battler too, but she didn't. Jessica seems to give Battler vague hints from time to time too. Really, Umineko is at it's core a failure to communicate.

But whatever, he could also be Kanon. I doubt Juuza is a villain. Heck, how am I supposed to buy into this message of love if everyone is a troll?

>> No.5060271

>>5060243
There's also the idea that due to the trauma and stress of the incident Battler lost his memory and had his hair turn grey.

>> No.5060276

>>5060267
Love=trust with the author so that he doesn't pull asspulls.
I.e. wth love, Dlanor's rules shouldn't have been needed, since they are pretty basic and not following them would be a GIANT asspull.

>> No.5060282

>>5060271
Or his family hair gets grey in their 20s, it would be normal, considering Kyrie and Kasumi.

>> No.5060285

>>5060253
The protect her "from knowing shit" just sound like an overused plot device. Frankly Juuza having amnesia would be more pallatable than having him brood over a dark secret he can't tell anyone.

And if that's true it just screams off island mastermind to me.

>> No.5060286

>>5060266
Was that near the end of the game? I'm still trying to reread through it as much as I possibly can without using ATLAS. Makes sense since Ange even said that her meeting with Hachijou wasn't in her memories.

>> No.5060288

>>5060276
Well, with that, Juuza's scene in episode 6 shows him to be a good dude. With this meta love you speak of, I shouldn't suspect him.

>> No.5060294

>>5060285
Or maybe he doesn't want to tell her that say, Kyrie, her beloved mother went on a psycho killing spree on the island.

>> No.5060295
File: 87 KB, 800x756, 65088cf4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5060282

>> No.5060297

>>5060285
Please god no amnesia. It's so overused I fucking hate it.

>>5060282
I still think Kyrie's hair is naturally white and that Battler and Ange don't have it since it's a recessive trait.

>> No.5060301

I hope it ends with a Battler/Stake Sister harem. Anything else would be a failure.

>> No.5060303

>>5060288
This meta love was the whole point of ep6, Featherine hammered it pretty well, I thought.

>> No.5060307

>>5060253
Wants so much that leaves her in the hands of hating, abusive aunt, that threatens to kill her or otherwise make her suffer for all life.

>> No.5060308

>>5060285
Well, I for one doubt that Juuza would be like YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH, but at the same time, Ange's journey is a search for the truth, for him to just give it away cheapens the experience(and heck, say Juuza is Battler, he'd know all about reaching the truth on your own power).

As other people in this thread have said, Juuza has quite the fixation on money. So I think if he is indeed from the island, amensia would be unlikely.(Plus it would be rather silly, Juuza himself talks about his past, I think he'd mention that he can't remember some things)

>> No.5060310

>>5060307
He had to start from scratch, with a new identity, he wasn't in place to kidnap the richest heiress in japan.

>> No.5060314

>>5060308
>Juuza has quite the fixation on money
Well, if he is Battler he could have inherited the family trait of NEEDING MONEY RIGHT NOW.

>> No.5060321

>>5060307
>>5060294
Everyone knows Battler is a shitty brother. The only things ever mentioned about him and his relationship with Ange is when he went to her birthday party only one time before dying and when he got her the hair bobbles. And that's it.

Seriously I can't see how people think she cared more about him than her parents.

>> No.5060331

>>5060314

Or, more likely, he's Asumu's Battler, and is as such the only other heir to the Ushiromiya fortune. He kills Ange at the end of Ep4.

>> No.5060336

>>5060321
He couldn't be with Ange because of Rudolf and his dislike of Kyrie. He loved Ange a lot.

>> No.5060340

>>5060310
>start from scratch, with a new identity
And why, may I ask you? What, Eva threatened to kill him? Then how can she didn't recognize him when he was Ange's bodyguard?

>> No.5060344

>>5060314
He most likely DOES, oddly enough. The blind-moe Jessica thing another poster was talking about seems like a shot in the dark, but in the very least, a situation like that would explain why a chill bro like Juuza is going around shooting the fuck out of people.

I wouldn't quite say it has to be Jessica he's taking care of, but I would say that usually NEEDING MONEY RIGHT NOW and SHOOTING PEOPLE usually go together with having someone to take care of.

>> No.5060351

>>5060321
>Seriously I can't see how people think she cared more about him than her parents

Because in episode 4 that's all she talks about is her incompetent Onii chan. She talks about Battler and Maria all the time, but rarely does she ever talk about her parents unless you count her talking about Eva.

It's also suggested that in all 1998's besides episode 4's she actually committed suicide very early on.

>> No.5060358

>>5060344
>chill bro
> going around shooting the fuck out of people.
But, such a thing was common place in the 90's. Unless all those movies lied to me.

>> No.5060360

>>5060340
No need for that, for everyone, Ushiromiya Battler died on the 5th of October in the Rokkenjima explosion incident.
She didn't recognize him because 10 years had passed, you know, people change and eva was stressed as hell.

>> No.5060368

>>5060331
>more likely
He has ABSOLUTELY no scenes where he shows even the slightest dislike towards Ange. In fact, he even has a scene where he explictly says that he's not going to kill Ange.

Also, read episode 4, the goons are the ones that kill Ange, they start panicing and saying GIVE IT UP THE BITCH IS ALREADY DEAD

Juuza isn't a bad guy, you...you.... DOUBLE LOVELESS

>> No.5060371

>>5059714
The only thing I'm sure of is that I'll once again be streaming it.

Shit was awesome last time.

>>5059853
Holy shit.

>> No.5060375

>>5060358
Keep in mind that those movies usually had WHERE'S MY WIFEEEEEEEE?! as the plot.

>> No.5060382

>>5060336
Um wrong HE decided to be stubborn about it. Does he have a right to hate Rudolf - definitely. But even he says that he was stubborn about staying away for six years. It sounds like he did it just to spite Rudolf as well, which doesn't exactly make Battler any better.

He picked his admittedly petty stubbornness about what happened, something that Rudolf clearly regretted and tried to make up for (Battler talks about how Rudolf always sent his grandparents money so they could take care of him and how he even tried to get involved with Battler's school life, which Battler didn't want) over trying to live with his family peacefully.

>> No.5060386

>>5060351
Or killed by Sumaderas.

>> No.5060397

>>5060368

But just look at him. He's obviously evil.

>> No.5060403

>>5060382
See, one thing I will never really buy is Battler's sins and his apparent guilt.

You made him TWELVE, Ryukushi! TWELVE! I can't really side with Beato if she is slaughtering people because of what a TWELVE YEAR OLD said!

I mean, have a sense of scale!

>> No.5060409

>>5060382
Aboutthe money, Rudolf is the one who told BAttler after he grew up.
Also what can you expect from a child, he loved his mother a lot and his father just married after her death with his lover. he's stubborn and dense as a rock (as the VN has explained repeteadetely), but he learns, but took him a lot to forgive his father for that betrayal.

>> No.5060416

>>5060403
Kohaku agrees.

>> No.5060417

>>5060403
I'm sure Ryu will make it work.

And, if he won't, it can't be worse than Brain Parasites.

>> No.5060422

>>5060360
How did he survive then? The only safe place known so far is Kuwadorian where Eva was.

>> No.5060426

>>5060417
>Ryu
>make it work.
0/10

>> No.5060437

>>5060426
Meh, I have some (baseless) trust it'll work out in the end.

Haven't got the faintest clue why though.

>> No.5060442

>>5060409
Asumu probably died at least a year before Ange was born. So it was probably before Battler left.

>> No.5060444

>>5060437
Were BT still alive and ghostwriting, I would probably agree, but now, not so much.

>> No.5060448

>>5060444
...what the hell are you talking about?

>> No.5060449

I predict there will be at least 10 new characters introduced, who aren't related to the story in any possible way

>> No.5060450

>>5060403
Beato didn't say that his sin directly caused all the deaths. There has to be some complicated shit, not just "give me a pony".
Beato may not be the culprit, or at least not the main one.

>> No.5060452

>>5060422
Running through the forest from Eva or whoever was being a psucho should work, no one in the game ever cares to check the forest.

>> No.5060455

>>5060448
There's a 'fad' going where people think BT was actually writing, instead of Ryu.

>> No.5060464

>>5060403
dear god this. the culprit isn't very emotionally stable nor bright if their motive is the promise.

"WAAH YOU BROKE A HALF-HEARTED PROMISE TO ME WHEN YOU WERE FUCKING 12. I'M GOING TO MURDER ALL YOUR FAMILY JUST BECAUSE OF THAT"

>>5060409
Battler says that he knew about it - Rudolf didn't tell him. In the text Battler even said that he asked his grandparents not to let Rudolf come near him unless he wanted to see him (which was very rare, as you can see with Battler only going to one birthday of Ange's)

>> No.5060465

>>5060455
Well that doesn't make much sense, considering ep 6 is after BT died and it's one of the best episodes....

>> No.5060473

>>5060465
Thing is, some people think it was the best episode as of now, other think it was the worst.

Personally, I think it's one of the better, but

>opinions

>> No.5060475

>>5060452
Ryu confirmed in an interview that Battler saw Eva shoot him dead. He's not going to be chasing Eva through any forest. If Battler is alive he survived in a different game and 3 and 4 both have him killed at the end.

>> No.5060480
File: 106 KB, 345x502, gordon_freeman_big.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5060437
Things I want to be resolved by Ryukushi

1: Justification for Shkanontrice being such a bitch. No seriously, so far there's not enough for me to truly feel even pity for her.

2. Explanation of Jessica's relationship with Shkanon beyond SHE DIDN'T NOTICE - Suspension of disbelief can only go so far, you know.

3. An ending that if not being consistent with the story, at least is as FUCK YEAH and EPIC as Higurashi's ending.

I doubt he'll be able to deliver on my first demand, but I'm a bit more confident about two and three.

>> No.5060483

>>5060465
>EP 6
>good
>grimdark shitfest, logic error madness, SHKANNON IS REAL DURHUR

yeah no. The only good parts were the magic battles and the crazy ass locked room.

>> No.5060484

>>5060475
Please source of the interview, because I don't recall his last interview saying any of those and by the way
>chasing Eva
I said running away from her.

>> No.5060486

>>5060465

I've heard a bit of this.

It SOUNDS awful, but it's apparently really well-written, so...

>> No.5060494

>>5060480
>Shkanontrice
Here we go.

>> No.5060496

>>5060486
The writing doesn't sound nearly as repetitive and he does a lot better with keeping a more consistent focus, rather than jumping around. But it's not generally the best episode I would say.

EP 3 and EP 5 are probably the best ones for me.

>> No.5060499

>>5060483
>Mgagic fights
no
>Crazy ass locked room
onnected with logical error
>Grimdark shitfest
Some people like it
>Shkanon
had to make it obvious

>> No.5060507
File: 480 KB, 701x1011, 1262006614686.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Seriously though, around what time was the 'box art' from Episode 6 released?

I'm kinda in the mood for a teaser.

>> No.5060509

>>5060486
I found ep6 really good, my best after 3.
Basically because I enjoyed a lot Featherine and Ange's talks about meta literature and the true nature of love.
Also was nice to see more development on Battler and Kanon and Shannon.

>> No.5060516

>>5060499
When I talk about the locked room I mean the writing and generally fucking creepy aura. He goes back to his horror roots and makes you realize that he sucks at writing romance.

The grimdark stuff was just way too overdone. I wouldn't have mind a scene or two, but there are at least several of these types of scenes. It's rather annoying because I'm just reading it and going "yes I get it - he's fucking depressed. now go back to the plot"

>> No.5060522
File: 312 KB, 800x600, 1284788.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think reading Ep1 for the second time is the best episode, it dawns on you how you're told the first time around.

>> No.5060525

>>5060507
EP 6 had its box art revealed around Thanksgiving time in November. EP 5's art was revealed late July, about three weeks before it was released in August.

>> No.5060526

>>5060484
http://community.livejournal.com/witchhunters/7366.html

>Concerning the scene where Battler is shot, since Battler witnesses the moment the gun is fired, basically there is no mistake about that. But in Nanjo's case, or in any other cases for that matter, it is true that we cannot explain it by pinning Eva as the culprit.

>> No.5060527

>>5060507
Around late November..

>> No.5060534

>>5060525
Good to know. So, give or take four weeks.

>> No.5060538

>>5060516
But he being depressed was important, Battler's character development had been far too gradual and subtle from dense>love, that was it.
I really liked seeing a depressed Battler, you realize how much in love he was with Beatrice, and tehir interactions in the beginning are just heart breaking.
but well, opinions.
I admit the room was really well done, but the guy was depressed and didn't extend it much, then he added those magical battles, they felt more like filler than anything.

>> No.5060541

>>5060526
>Right. The game cannot go on if a two-way trust relation cannot be established.

Holy crap, Ryu. Foreshadowing much?

Of course, this might be a general line used by these kind of writers, but still.

>> No.5060554

>>5060526
Okay, another side, now ep3 workds as canon when you people have been clearly explaining ep3=/=Ange's world?
Too convenient.

>> No.5060570

>>5060538
I understand that, but I just think it was overdone a bit. It was sad, but after the third time I just became a bit desensitized.

>> No.5060572

>>5060541
He foreshadows things, A LOT. By ep3 we were too busy finding hidden doors and blaming Rosa for ep2.

>> No.5060590

>>5060572
Good times.

Also, I found something peculiar, which the rest of you must have found already, lemme search for it.

>> No.5060596

>>5060570
Those scenes passed me really fast so I didn't really notice, received well the new atmosphere, then the magical battles arrived and they just dragged and dragged, they could have been done in 5 mins, but not.
Though I understand what you're saying, be happy ep7 will just be Bern trolling all over the board.

>> No.5060601
File: 199 KB, 654x514, 4thwall.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5060590
There we go.

So, is this foreshadowing to AuAu, or is this just Ronove breaking the fourth wall?

Or something entirely different?

>> No.5060607

>>5060526
>K: Some of the new mysteries introduced this time around have already been solved within the game itself. That hadn't happened before in either EP1 or EP2.
>R: Correct. Up to EP2, we mainly presented problems. You can regard the solution portion in EP3 as clues.
Shkannon are FUCKING DIED in these linked rooms, don't try to resurrect them.

>> No.5060613

>>5060601
If it's ep5, my bet goes for breaking the 4th wall, it happens several times, with erika and Virgilia too.

>> No.5060621

>>5060601
I think by the 'new head' he means is Beatrice, who's assumed to be the new master after Kinzo. She's a witch so she probably has something written about her.

>> No.5060624

>>5060607
Use Kyrie, end of the problem.

>> No.5060625

>>5060613
Oh really?

Do tell me when, because I missed it.

>> No.5060643

>>5060621
In context though Battler IS the new head of the Ushiromiya family. That and Beatrice is dead in episode 5. Bern said so. Do I have to pull up screenshots?

>> No.5060651

>>5060624
Tell that to Shkannonfags.

>> No.5060656

>>5060625
Virgilia's red confirmations about the corpses, she's basically telling the readers 'THEY ARE DEAD' in a subtle way, she wasn't just talking to Battler, I mean, she even repeated it several times.
Some of Erika's monologues are meant to be not just for her in a 'I know you are there but won't bother talking to you'

>> No.5060660

>>5060621
Nah, he's talking about Battler. Their whole conversation is about Battler, so it would be weird to talk about Beato suddenly.

>> No.5060668

>>5060651
Shkanon=/=Shkanontrice
They can't do anything about this one though, Battler saw Shannon's dead corpse in the parlor.

>> No.5060692

>>5060668
Funny thing is that the key to the parlor is in the envelope in the chapel where Kanon is. George went to the chapel in episode 2 as well. So if he really wanted to get there he could've gotten the key from the chapel and unlocked the room if he didn't know about the window being broken.

>> No.5060697
File: 60 KB, 627x472, Kyrievidence.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm sure Kyrie pockets are important, even if she isn't the culprit the boat stub is so out of place.

>> No.5060710

>>5060692
>Funny thing is that the key to the parlor is in the envelope in the chapel where Kanon is
More like was, you know the parents collect then keys after all. Also probably George just went through the window, the parents probably explained them how they had foud the corpses.

>> No.5060715

>>5060697
You think she has a boat rented in the other port of the island?
I think so.

>> No.5060718

>>5060522
Episode 1 is hilarious. Kyrie, Shannon, and Jessica dropping subtle hints EVERYWHERE.

>> No.5060728

>>5060668
Oh, believe me they can! They can invent many theories, one more idiotic than another, to bypass these reds.

>> No.5060736

>>5060656
Hm, but that's on a lower level of fourth wall breaking that Ronove.

You can yours both ways, while Ronove's line is either fourth wall, or forshadowing.

Also, if I don't make any sense, do forgive me, it's 2am over here.

>> No.5060741
File: 196 KB, 655x1005, Motherfucking Moon-chan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5060718
Do want Kyrie, Shannon, and Jessica troll trifecta.

>> No.5060742
File: 739 KB, 608x1123, tea2_ib4f.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5060718
Fucking Rudolf wasn't even subtle. "i'm going to die", WELL WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT.

>> No.5060750

>>5060718
Something I've never liked about Jessica is that she's the only person who ever speaks about double personalities and is also suspicious of having one thanks to EVA
>>5060728
You can't just say
>HURR DURR SHANNON WAS DEA BUT BEATRICE PART WAS ALIVE DESPITE HAVING A HOLE IN HER GODDAMN CHEST

>> No.5060753

>>5060742
Um... pretty sure he was referring to what would happen one he told Battler and Kyrie the truth about Battler's birth.

>> No.5060757

>>5060736
Don't worry, it's 2 am here too so it's easy to follow.
çYeah, you can look at them however you want, but umineko has some serious breaking of the fourth wall through eps 1-3 using the invisible meta battler during ???? parties.

>> No.5060759

>>5060753
Kyrie would kill him, without a doubt.

>> No.5060760
File: 147 KB, 593x1021, The Moon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5060750

>> No.5060766
File: 46 KB, 640x480, Kyrietrollingonceagain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5060753
Either way he ended up dead, you have to wonder what the hell he did though.

>> No.5060767
File: 4 KB, 140x134, 1264685764934.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5060757
Heh, and we have the obvious 4th wall breaker during the first Tea Party.

Anyhow, I'm going to bed.

Have my job tomorrow, need to be there at nine.

Fuck me.

>> No.5060769

>>5060741
This always makes me cringe. Goddamnit Jessica, saying things that mean alot more in retrospect is SHANNON'S job, not yours.

>> No.5060774

>>5060750
Jessica, George and Battler all talk about identities and personalities in episode 1. The entire conversation was about Maria too.

>> No.5060775

>>5060760
Not the moon theory, but she is the oonly eprson in the whole game to ever bring out that topic, apart from EVA during ep3.

>> No.5060781

Don't forget Krauss' "Father... is already dead" line.

>> No.5060782

>>5060760
FUCKING MOON-CHAN!

But episode 6 makes me think she's a bro. Think Takano but not evi-

Wait that's a terrible analogy.
Think Beato but not actually Beato.

>> No.5060783

>>5060774
I referred to that and ep2 about different personas for different occassions.
The one who brings the topic both times is Jessica.

>> No.5060787

>>5060774
Also, Kyrie's North Wind line is nice.

Though that is a common used line in Japan, or so I'm told.

>> No.5060794

>>5060774
Jessica is rather explicit with it, though. She quite literally says YEAH PERSONAS ARE GREAT YOU CAN CREATE AN IDEALIZED VERSION OF YOURSELF AND SHIT

Lo and behold, we find out later that Shannon created an ideal version of herself.... and shit.

>> No.5060795
File: 57 KB, 624x469, Battlerfear.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.5060799

>>5060775
I was just pointing out that official art acknowledges Jessica's suspiciousness.

>> No.5060805

>>5060794
True, true.

Anyhow, good night /jp/.

>> No.5060806

>>5060795
AND THEN I PUSHED HER OFF A CLIFF
DOHOHOHOHOHO, BITCHES AND WHORES

>> No.5060809

>>5060795
And then it turns out that Asumu was faking it the whole time.

>> No.5060810

>>5060787
It's not uncommon, but come on, it was like: I'm gonna troll you, a lot, now you are warned.
Also good night, you need to sleep and I also need to finish some papers tomorrow.

>> No.5060815

>>5060794
Who? You mean Kanon? yeah right. Ideal version of yourself my ass.

>> No.5060823

>>5060809
Probably, she was a slut, described by Kyrie.
But if she's Touya, she's fucking smooth.

>> No.5060828

>>5060782
Isn't Eva kind of like a non-evil Takano?

>> No.5060831

>>5060794
Yeah. One thing I don't like is when Shkanon people assume that Jessica just wouldn't notice because she's stupid. Jessica may be a lesbian, but she's not stupid. Heck, her advice is the basic premise of Umineko.

Magic doesn't exist, one or more of these 18 assholes did it. DEAL WITH IT.

>> No.5060836

>>5060828
Anime confirmed it.
Eva changes evilness for slyness.

>> No.5060842
File: 239 KB, 655x1092, moonbelieve.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5060831
Hm....

>> No.5060843

>>5060815
Not Kanon, no, I mean Shannon and Beatrice. Beatrice is just Shannon being emo and feeling like she couldn't meet Battler's standards.

Somehow murder most foul was thrown in there, too.

>> No.5060857
File: 45 KB, 960x540, 1254933213020.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5060836
You have to love how Okonogi ends up working with Takano 2.

>> No.5060860

>>5060783
>The one who brings the topic both times is Jessica.
No, she's not, it's Battler:
George: "You're right. When Maria starts talking about witches, she changes. ...Battler-kun, you also saw it down by the beach yesterday, right?"
Battler: "You mean that scorpion keyholder? ...No, I don't mean like when her feelings were hurt, I'm talking about when she looked like she had a dual personality."
Battler: "So what is that? Does Maria have a dual personality or something? Or are you saying that her spiritual sense really is that strong, and she's being possessed by it?"

>> No.5060862

>>5060823
And if she is Touya, then Rudolf confirmed for god-tier pimp. ...Literally.

>> No.5060872
File: 66 KB, 500x500, 1uoi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5060862

>> No.5060873

>>5060828
So far:

Eva = Takano but a GOOD BLOODY GAL

Jessica = Mion but more involved

George = Mr. Delicious but NOT DELICIOUS

Battler = K1 if he were a protagonist and much more of an emotional guy

Bern = Rika

Lambdadelta = All the goodness of Satoko(and I do mean good as in nice gal) with the JUST AS PLANNED factor of Takano

AuAu = Hanyuu if she were a bitch

>> No.5060874

I love this umineko threads with actual discussion and not
>HURRR SHKANONTRICE
>HURRR MOON-CHAN
Though I'm mostly to blame for moon-chan's ressurection.

>> No.5060876

>>5060782
> Think Beato but not actually Beato.
Well, considering Episode 6 reveals that Beato's personality was at least partially based on Jessica's...

>> No.5060880

>>5060799
HERP AND HER VERY NAME ACKNOWLEDGES HER SUSPICIOUSNESS DERP

>> No.5060882

>>5060860
Okay, doesn't bring it but she's the one who explains it the most, I believe, about. when youn were a child, didn't you want to be your ideal person- thing
Though I could be wrong

>> No.5060888

>>5060880
Actually, her name consists of the kanji for "crimson", "incense", and one more that I forget the meaning of.

>> No.5060892

>>5060882
No I'm pretty sure that was George. Jessica did it a little too, but George explained most of the growing up stuff IIRC

>> No.5060898

>>5060880
Admit at least it's a fucking weird choice for Jessica when she could just have been the sun, as Kanon oftenly calls her.
They are using basic tarot meanings, and moon goes for a dark side and deception.

>> No.5060909

>>5060888
On a side note, Amakusa's given name, Juuza, is spelled 十三, which is the number 13. And there are 12 known people in line for succession as head of the Ushiromiya family in 1986.

>> No.5060910

>>5060898
Moon is also about being confused and being blind to what goes on around you. It's not all deception. Sometimes it' about deceiving yourself. lol DEEP

>> No.5060912

>>5060882
Yes, you are wrong. Most of the explanations are done by George. Jessica just adds to it.

>> No.5060919

>>5060910
> Sometimes it' about deceiving yourself
DOUBLETRICE

>> No.5060920
File: 68 KB, 640x601, spottheculprit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5060874
Don't give yourself too much credit, man. I'm one of the original guys who came up with the theory, and it was always intended for reasonable discussion. But I will say this: I doubt there will be a traditional mastermind behind Umineko. I think the issues are a bit more complex than that.

But since we're on the topic of Jessica, well, I've come down to two conclusions. She's either giving Battler vague hints and trolling him so he can fuck Shannon and what not, or that she's the other Battler.

>> No.5060932

>>5060920
Were you in the thread where we realized that Jessica and Genji were the only two people to not have their names used in red text in Episode 6?

>> No.5060945
File: 184 KB, 461x480, dla_defa3b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5060898
Knox's 6th. It is forbidden for accident or intuition to be employed as a detective technique.

>> No.5060949

>>5060912
No, not at all.
In episode two, Jessica and Jessica alone is the one to talk about personas:
>"People are capable of creating another part of themselves inside themselves at any time. A part that they can truly like."
There's alot more than that, but that's the gist of it. Also, in episode 3, Jessica is not denied to have another persona.

Jessica, moreso than anyone else, talks about personas.

>> No.5060959

This thread was going so well until someone brought up Jessica..

>> No.5060961

>>5060949
Persona =/= DID

Jessica is just acting one way at home and another way at school basically. Pretty much all teenagers do that.

>> No.5060965

>>5060959
yeah, I actually liked the Ange Featherinne discussions.

now we're just back to moon-chan again.

>> No.5060971

>>5060959
Actually, the thread still is going well, stop being a faggot.
>>5060961
I never said she did have DID.
We can acknowledge that Shkanontrice is the one with DID, I certainly hope?
But she does bring it up the most.

>> No.5060976

>>5060945
Knox's eleventh: DAT BULGE

>> No.5060983

>>5060959
>>5060965
Blame Shkannon.

>> No.5060986

>>5060949
We were talking about episode 1 though.

Your right that it wasn't denied in episode 3, but it was said that

>Absolutely no factors other than humans participate in this game board

And even if Jessica has a personality it doesn't put her body in a different place where she can kill people. Jessica is still Jessica even with a personality.

>> No.5060991

>>5060971
>Shkannontrice
please no. I'm okay with Shkannon, but Shkannontrice is just pushing it.

Anyways she only brings it up that one time in EP 2 and after that it really isn't heard from again.

>> No.5061039

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz3sOJ7UsRI
> Door to the 6th
> i.e. October 6th
Can't believe it took me so long to realize that's what it meant.

>> No.5061397

>>5061039
Oh god, that's just haunting.
The melody is so beautiful.

>> No.5061416

>>5061039
Fiction theory can suck it, I want to hear the goddamn seagulls cry.

>> No.5061454

>>5061039
Quite frankly, all I want is Gohda, Jessica, Battler, and Kanon to survive. Everyone else can go ahead and die.

Sadly, Kanon's BRO factor is outweighed by his HOLY BATSHIT CRAZY factor.

>> No.5061480

>>5061039
What does it mean?

>> No.5061499

let's be too shy to go to /cm/ because we're polite faggots

>> No.5061510

>>5061480
It means that when the seagulls cry, there will be survivors after all.

>> No.5061529

>>5061480
George dies, everyone lives happily ever after.

>> No.5061553
File: 566 KB, 645x831, 1265698715618.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5060920
well god damn. more evidence.
Im pretty sure her and Shannon had SOMETHING to do with it.

>> No.5061573

>>5061039
..Never took that song into consideration either. It seems like most of the songs musicbox Blue are geared toward Umineko's ending.

>> No.5061584

>>5061553
Well, episode 7 will show us that.

Beatrice can represent 4 pieces. I don't want to go for Doubletrice or anything, but episode 7 is going to be brutal. Bitch tears will be shed.

>> No.5061611

>>5061573
Believe seems like a showdown song.

It has aspects of the Erika vs Battler theme, in addition to ROG-LIMITATION and Life.

I suspect that'll be Battler vs The Detective, as it sounds like a serious fight, but between two good entities.

>> No.5061634

>>5061611
Could be Battler vs Beatrice, but that's more or less an exercise in pointlessness, Battler's already figured out Beato's riddle.

>> No.5061663

>>5061611
What about Black knight or Checkmate, then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YQtUIyhmsU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRBH7LYqV6o

>> No.5061669

>>5061584
Bern: HEY GEORGE GUESS WHAT?
KINZO FUCKED YOU'RE WAIFU
SAME WITH BATTLER
AND BY BATTLER I MEAN JESSICA

YEAH, YOU LOST TO JESSICA. JUST TAKE THAT IN FOR A SECOND.

OH AND EVA NO ONE WILL EVER LOVE YOU
AIGHT IM OUT HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL, PIECES.

>> No.5061670

you're all a colony of vaginas

>> No.5061693

>>5061663
Checkmate seems to be more suited for... hm.
I'd say Battler vs Kyrie.
Black Knight sounds like AuAu's theme. Or Jessica, I suppose.

>> No.5061703

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m07Uy_sDiMo
this probably will never be used like this, but it's two songs combined together...it's quite well matched, like it was originally meant to be a one song, but got separated into two different songs instead.

>> No.5061785

>>5061703
There's also the vocal version of that second song: 佐倉かなえ/泣かないで

>> No.5061818

>>5061785
I must say the vocal version sound like shit
Honestly, I could never finish listening to the whole song

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action