[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 61 KB, 456x600, 1242318622009.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5050575 No.5050575 [Reply] [Original]

Sup guys, I'm getting my flight for Tokyo tomorrow, and I wanted to ask you where I could buy some Touhou-related stuff ?
Are figs and goodies sold in regular anime/manga stores, or in specific, less known stores ?

Also, if you have any last-minute hints about what to see in Tokyo or Kyoto, I'll be glad to hear them

>> No.5050581

>>5050575
You missed >>/int/

I know their our neighbors, but please when you want to travel to japan click on the right thread.

>> No.5050586

>So I'm going traveling
>>>/trv/

>> No.5050597

Nobody in /jp/ actually lives in Japan. Except for !bar

>> No.5050603

>>5050581
You mean /trv/, right? Also, nobody will know about Touhou there so he was sort of right to ask here. I have no idea, though, I buy everything from the net. Akihabara has all the Otaku stuff, I guess, you'll definitely find stuff if you spend some time there.

>what to see in Tokyo or Kyoto
You should ask this in /trv/, you will get better answers.

>> No.5050617

Akibahara in Tokyo is the easiest place find Touhou stuff. You should have done some research beforehand.

>> No.5050690

I posted my question here because /trv/ is a a no-mans land where nobody has ever heard about Touhou.
Also, I know that I will find most of what I will be looking for in Akiba, but since most of Touhou's goodies are not mass-produced, I was wondering if I could find them in stores like Laox, or if I will have to leave the main road and try to look for obscure shops.

Finally, and I should have precised, when I asked for hints, it was more from the point of view of some otaku. I have a shitload of travel guides that tell me to go to Ghibli Museum, Akiba and maid coffees, but they are made for regular people

>> No.5050706

>>5050690
You should go to obscure shops anyway.
Stuff around Mandarake is pretty fine.

>> No.5050708

>>5050617
>>5050690
>Akibahara
>Akiba

It's actually Akihabara.

>> No.5050739

>>5050708
Nothing wrong with Akiba.

>> No.5051442

You will have no problem finding Touhou goods in Akihabara. Just go to Gamers, Mandarake, Messe Sanoh and Comic Toranoana. Toranoana alone has four whole floors with Touhou only, you can't miss it.

>> No.5051493

Touhou goods thread and no white canvas
God you guys are noobs

Toranoana and White Canvas have the most touhou goods. Gamers might have some too. Messe sanoh has some as well, but mainly focuses on music and games. That covers about 90% of Touhou goods. The other 10% is spread around in places like mandarake and used-shit stores.

The doujins however, are everywhere.

>> No.5051503

No don't do that, go to an arcade and spend all of your money there playing the Neo Geo games

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action