[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 67 KB, 640x480, UNLIMITEDTROLLWORKS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5035715 No.5035715 [Reply] [Original]

Yup, yup, this about sums it up.

Umineko General Thread.

>> No.5035739

dreamenddischarger needs a notechart in O2Mania or something. Fucking epic song.

>> No.5035747

>>5035739
I'm rather pissed they degraded the song by giving it to Natsuhi.

Don't get me wrong, Natsuhi is fine, but Dreamenddischarger should only play when THE FORCES OF JUSTICE SMITE EVIL, and all that jazz.

>> No.5035750

>>5035715
The end roll song for episode 6 has been translated. discuss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTXVblPUnhU&feature=player_embedded

>> No.5035774

>>5035750
Oh, great, that solves everything.

>> No.5035779

>>5035750
Amidst the cries of seagulls,
the island is ploddingly drifting in the tumbling waves.
It's the Occult Island.
Nothing can stop my throbbing heart.
I'm moaning in pleasure! It's time to satiate my thirst for knowledge!

I've gone through the grimoires so many times,
yet it's full of things I just don't get.
Ga! Good Bye my worries!
So long my Hikikimori days.
I've arrived on the mysterious old island of my dreams

Only I am permitted into this dazzling room
as I have reached the answer.
Wherever you look it's gold and gold.
Yahoo! Pa Pa Ya! Ah
I'm aware this is a forbidden paradise.

0(null) 7(sieben) 15(fünfzehn) 11(elf) 29(neunundzwanzig)

A swift unpleasant sound has reached my ears.
That's impossible.
No one is supposed to be here after all.
What's up with this island?
The surging anxiety is creeping across my face
and my steps are being drawn further and further in.

The golden butterflies
and the clinging Seven Stakes.
Blades and barriers.
Red text as well as blue text.
I give up for good.
So long the occult island.
I will never set foot here ever again.

Locked up I scream with tremendous fear:
"Where am I?"
"In a bizarre space packed with witches?!"
Oh No! My God... Ha...! !
The legend lies shrouded along its suspicious truth.

>> No.5035783

>>5035715
Hoping Jessica keeps the troll face for later, DEM EYES, man, DEM EYES.

>> No.5035801

The past few days, something in my mind has snapped and convinced me that George is the Big Bad of the series.

Not Beato, but the malevolent force that causes murders to happen that Beato doesn't plan.

>> No.5035818

>>5035801
Well, it's odd, but I've been thinking the same thing. The dude isn't a mastermind, surely, but he IS a fuckhead. Luckily, it seems like Jessica took care of him in episode 4, what a bro.

>> No.5035839

Something weird overcame me and I looked at the OST for the anime.

If they played the music a tad louder, it might have been somewhat passable. Also, dreamenddischarger is on the disc, but I don't remember it ever playing...

>> No.5035851

>>5035747
But... it DID play when the forces of justice smited evil.

>> No.5035862

>>5035851
Dohohoho, oh Anon, you card.

>> No.5035871

>>5035839
DEEN fucked up. As always.

>> No.5035876

>>5035818
I've been a big proponent of the two killers theory since before episode 5, but I always thought that it was Hideyoshi who was the adult murder with more mundane motives than the Jessica/Shkannon clusterfuck.

If I'm not being clear enough, I think of George as being like Takano, and Shkannon and/or Jessica as being Hinamizawa syndrome. One is the primary source of confusion that obfuscates the real criminal, only in this case, it's more that they obscure each other.

But as I said, until recently, I was strongly leaning to a Machiavellian hideyoshi. But looking at George's death in episode 3, some of the magical world hints in 4 and 6, and the general oddness of 5, I'm starting to strongly suspect George, without any really good reason.

>> No.5035890
File: 731 KB, 1500x2000, 002.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

PASS THE SHAMPOO!

>> No.5035895

this story sounds interesting but I don't want to read/watch it. can someone please sum it up in a single line? thanks

>> No.5035905

>>5035895

Witches and Whores.

>> No.5035912

>>5035895
Trolls trolling trolls and topless fistfights.

>> No.5035904

>>5035895
A witch did it - maybe.

>> No.5035920

>>5035876
It really does hinge on Shkanon being true or not.

If Shkanon is true, then holy fuck the assholes behind it are Shkanon, Jessica, and the servants.

If Shkanon isn't true, well, then at the very least Shannon is suspicious, and I suppose George would be too, if only for his fantasy bullshit.

I will say this, however. To say that Jessica or Kyrie in episode 4 were acting out of madness is rather false. They both had an intangible objective in calling Battler. Finding out precisely what that intangible is, will help us with the mystery.

As for George, his motives are simple. Kill family, get money, fuck meido.

>> No.5035930

>>5035895
Kay, so there's this nigger named Battler, and there's this other nigger named Battler, and there's this dude who's actually a chick and a witch, and because of what Battler did a bunch of people die and shit.

>> No.5035950

>>5035895
Everyone is the same person and also there are pantsless bunnies and cowtit sandwiches and just fucking read it, it drags on but it's fucking awesome if you can get caught up in it.

>> No.5035958
File: 526 KB, 604x401, 1272826543541.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5035895
pic related

>> No.5035971

>>5035876
I've been suspicious of George for a long time. There are quite a few reasons I have to suspect him.

-He is the only person in the Ushiromiya family shown to order any of the servants besides Krauss and Natsuhi

- He is aware of occult things he shouldn't know about like the scorpion charm and resurrection ceremonies.

-He is always the first person to point out Beatrice's letters at dinner no matter where they are in 1-3

-He is well on his way in the business world and might have been capable of making the 07151129 account given the tips

These are just a few things, but they're the reasons why I find him suspicious anyway.

>> No.5035993

>>5035851
No "Endless Nine" though. I like that one more, personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qs9EiK_JJE

>> No.5036001

>>5035920

my justification is this:

is Shannon is Kanon, then consider the implications that would have--and for both Jessica and George's characters, those implications are great. Either they are retarded/blind and are going to be heartbroken at the close of this, or something in their character is a lie.

>> No.5036003
File: 16 KB, 704x396, les_miserables_ep03_74.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5035920
I'd like to see how this whole Jessica thing gets resolved. Is she from heaven or from hell?
And does.... she know?
That granting me my life today.....
This (wo)man has killed me, even so

I am stumbling.... but I fall
and the stars are black and cold
As I stare into the void....
Of a world, that cannot hold!
I'll ESCAPE NOW FROM THIS WORLD
FROM THIS WORLD OF JESSICA
THERE IS NOWHERE I CAN TURN
THERE IS NO WAY TO GO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNn

>> No.5036031

>>5036001
Well, I've always said this.
Ryukushi can get away with Shkanon not being noticed by EVERY character except for the servants(by which I mean Kumasawa and Genji), and Jessica.

Even George can be immune, he hasn't interacted with Kanon all that much. But Jessica, who is established to be close to both of them, well, you can't have your DID cake and eat it too. If Shkanon exists, Jessica is malicious.

Which is, incidentally, one of the reasons I'm uninclined to believe in Shkanon.

>> No.5036066

>>5036003
Battler would make a good Inspector Javert.
BEATO! TWO FOUR SIX OH ONE!

>> No.5036076

>>5036031
Why is she malicious just because she knows about Shkannon. That same logic means anyone who knows Kinzo is dead is also malicious, which they clearly aren't.

>> No.5036086

>>5036001
Just to be clear. Not all Shkanon theories say that Kanon and Shannon are virtually always the same person. There has been a theory since 4-5 that they have a duel at the beginning of the game and either Kanon or Shannon die at the start. The problem is with the red Kanon or Shannon have to be alive in certain eps for it to work. The duel idea works because it means that one of them survives and one doesn't and this can alternate in certain episodes.

>> No.5036105

>>5036031

I agree but take it in the other direction. I'm more inclined to believe Shkannon because I've been suspicious of Jessica since the very beginning.

>> No.5036122

>>5036076
Simple. Think back to episode one. Pure Moon-chan people(meaning, those who don't even consider Shkanon in their theorizing) already are on Jessica's ass for being the only one along with Nanjo who witnessed Kanon's dead body.

If she knew about Shkanon, well, consider the following:

She ALSO sees Shannon, and a bunch of other people dead.

Doesn't say a word about Shannon and Kanon being the samefag, doesn't do shit.

Shkanon, first and foremost, is a parlor trick used by the culprit to fake deaths and kill people. If another party is aware of Shkanon, it must be concluded that they are supporting the actions of Shkanon.

>> No.5036147

>>5036122
She could be hiding it because she doesn't think of it as a big issue. Natsuhi was hiding Kinzo's death all throughout EP 5 no matter what, even when it was illogical to do so.

>> No.5036155 [DELETED] 

>>5035713
hT tp : // @ T . K í mM ó À . s e /

>> No.5036170

>>5036147
Natsuhi is a slightly different case. Kinzo's death in no way causes murders, at least not directly. Also, Natsuhi is pretty freaking delusional.

But Jessica, well, she's a bit of an interesting one. She's rather spot on when she accuses people, like Eva, Kumasawa, she shows intelligence enough to the point where just "not mentioning it" wouldn't make any sense. Meaning, that she should have known full well the implications of Shannon being dead and Kanon being alive, or vice versa.

With Shkanon, Jessica becomes one of the biggest villains in Umineko. Which is why I don't buy into it.

>> No.5036201

>>5036170
That's called paranoia. Do you really think Maria could actually kill people?

And I understand what you mean, but she could of thought Shkannon was trying to stop the murders by pretending to be dead.

>> No.5036206

>>5036170
She also becomes a big villian if she ends up being the other Battler too.

>> No.5036226

>>5035715
A high enough level of technology will look indistinguishable to magic to the ignorant.

>> No.5036232

>>5036206
Except Natsuhi in EP 5 narrates that she gave birth to Jessica, so her being the 2nd Battler is a real stretch.

unless you want to suggest Rudolf had sex with her.

>> No.5036235

>>5036201
That makes absolutely no sense. But fine, suppose that she somehow thought that a person faking their death by putting a fake body suspicious close to where a bunch of dead bodies were was meant to help people. Her reactions to Shannon and Kanon's deaths are emotional outbursts. All that is -fake- with Shkanon. Meaning she's acting. Which isn't, well, good.

>> No.5036242

>>5036232
She was talking to a large breasted demon and having tea with Kinzo when she said that. Methinks Natsuhi's word is not QUITE as truthful as red text.

>> No.5036259

>>5036242
Natsuhi wasn't always delusional, it only happened when Kinzo died. Are you really going to suggest she just imagined pushing a baby out of her? We all know what happened with her adopted child, so really if Jessica was adopted then Natsuhi wouldn't care about her nearly as much.

>> No.5036275

>>5036147

the problem is that there are multiple times when Jessica should have mentioned something, but didn't. When Shannon died but Kanon was still alive, if they're the same people, then Shkannon faked their death, and whoever knows about shkannon would know that fact.

the only reason everyone keeps Kinzo's secret is because Natsuhi made them, and Natsuhi made them because if she didn't, her life would be ruined.

>> No.5036282

>>5036259
Yes, I am going to say that. It makes sense, for one.

Krauss and/or Natsuhi is impotent, and suddenly Natsuhi and him have a baby? That's nice, but Umineko has taught me that miracles don't quite happen so much as delusions do.

The adopted baby WAS Jessica from the get go. When Natsuhi "killed" Battler, she really just destroyed it's identity as Battler. That baby became Jessica.

>> No.5036283

>>5036232
This:>>5036242

The baby Kinzo brought was probably Rudolf's, but she probably didn't know at the time. If Jessica wasn't her own daughter that'd explain some of the harsh punishments like locking her in closet like she said in episode 5.

Either that or if the baby is alive it's probably Kanon making him really 19 and Jessica would really be 21 since she's 2 years older than him. I think that's a bigger stretch of logic than Jessica being Battler's sister from anotha momma.

>> No.5036289

>>5036259
She blamed the death of the baby on the witch. She was always nutty.

>> No.5036298

>>5036086
This would be 9 kinds of awesome. However, it also opens up the possibility for 1 unknown on the island. Battler-2 maybe? Maybe no one. Either way, I like this notion. Shkanon without the stupid.

>> No.5036315

>>5036298
It's pretty stupid, broski.
They have a duel at the beginning? Why? Why do they take each other's identity? How would the servants not notice?
How would Jessica not notice?
I'm all for random violence, but still...

>> No.5036325

>>5036282
The baby was brought to her a year before Rudolf impregnated Asumu and Kyrie.

>If Jessica wasn't her own daughter that'd explain some of the harsh punishments like locking her in closet like she said in episode 5.

Natsuhi is into old strict parenting. Back in those days parents did push harsh punishments like that because they thought it would teach their children respect - it's stated several times that Kinzo abused his children in similar ways. Locking children in a closet is bad, but fact is Natsuhi does care about Jessica. That's why she's always trying to get her to study more. If Natsuhi didn't care she wouldn't push her daughter to succeed.

>>5036282
Except we don't know whether it was Natsuhi or Krauss that was impotent. It's strange for it to be Krauss because the other siblings seem perfectly fine.

>> No.5036338
File: 330 KB, 849x600, rudolf naked.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What's this "rudolf fucked a god" thing I've heard several times?

>> No.5036353

>>5036325

That said, Red text implicitly denies the possibility that Jessica is the child of Natsuhi and a man who wasn't her husband.

>> No.5036360

>>5036325
The baby is stated in episode 6 to be the Second Battler. So as for the timeline, no, it's Rudolf's.
Although I agree with you, Natsuhi cares about Jessica, it's really possible, and in a world like Umineko, where nothing is what it appears to be on the surface, proable, that Natsuhi killed the second Battler in a similar sense as Kanon would be "killed".

>> No.5036369

>>5036360

only if we believe it died.

I still don't believe that Beatrice-2, the unnamed Maid, and Battler-1 all died in the same way on Rokenjima, in the same year. Too odd.

>> No.5036385

>>5036369
I don't think it died. I think Natsuhi killed it in a metaphorical sense.

>> No.5036388

>>5036353
Sperm banks existed in the 1980's. She can be pure and faithful and still be pregnant with someone else's child.

>> No.5036402

>>5036360
We probably can't rely on Battler's speculation here. He may the answer for Beatrice's game board, but he still doesn't understand the circumstances surrounding his birth.

>> No.5036417

>>5036402
Sorry, *may have the answer

>> No.5036433

>>5036360
I know that, but it doesn't mean that child is Jessica. Natsuhi killing off her child to make Jessica through some weird way doesn't make sense because I think someone would notice that the baby that Natsuhi said died was still alive in her arms.

Look I just don't understand why Jessica has to be the 2nd Battler. It doesn't make her anymore suspicious just because of that. Moon-chan started as a good idea, but now it feels like its supporters are just trying to find any little thing to make it plausible.

Jessica has never been portrayed as a malicious character - only time she was it was also heavily implied that she was being possessed by the trap twins (reinforcing it she cried after it happened asking for forgiveness).

>> No.5036442

>>5036388
Natsuhi would never do that. She hated the idea of being given a child and I doubt she would have accepted any other child than one that came from her womb with Krauss as the father.

>> No.5036486

>>5036433
People just think it's interesting that Natsuhi was having problems giving birth when Battler has this weird birth situation.

Even if she is the other Battler it doesn't actually make her any more suspicious since Battler didn't know about it either. She's equal on terms with Battler for "the 19 year old master". Heck some people think Natsuhi is Battler's mom instead of Kyrie.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action