[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 66 KB, 640x480, hatsusicp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4925635 No.4925635 [Reply] [Original]

What is this?

/jp/ has started on a project to translate the visual novel Hatsukoi, one of the highest rated according to the Japanese.

Are you in need of translators?

Of course! Anyone with knowledge of Japanese (and English) is welcome to join in and start translating with the simple and easy-to-use REtrans™ Web Interface.

Are you in need of editors?

Definitely. You don't even need to know Japanese to help improve the English text, so your participation is encouraged.

What is the length/progress/ETA?

The total length of the content is approximately 32k lines. We are over 40% but cannot say more because the progress counter got messed since the files were edited manually.

Translator interface
http://rechan.eu.org/go/retrans-hatsukoi

Old threads
http://archive.easymodo.net/cgi-board.pl/jp/thread/4703355
(Just follow the linked list from there, I'm not going to put the whole thread history here.)

Official site
http://products.rune.jp/catalogue/r011hatsukoi/

Game
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2CGBVJMX

Lite Version
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7VB4HFS

Hacked exe for Lite Version and Normal Version
http://rapidshare.com/files/274090860/_hatsukoi.exe

Text width fixes
http://rapidshare.com/files/356619201/hatsukoi-font-width-test-1.7z

Pre-Alpha Release (~40%)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ujzowqnzyde

>> No.4925648
File: 13 KB, 174x194, 1270908925046.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.4925723

>>4925648
You obviously haven't read yours today.

>> No.4925728
File: 954 KB, 400x300, 1269297840001.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>We are over 40% but cannot say more because the progress counter got messed since the files were edited manually.

>> No.4925743 [DELETED] 

This better not end up with "whoops, my hard-drive got fried and my backup-files are in Instanbul, which I can't access for another 5 years!".

>> No.4925749

This better not end up with "whoops, my hard-drive got fried and my backup-files are in Istanbul, which I can't access for another 5 years!".

>> No.4925812

>>4925749
What project is that again?

>> No.4925957

I am still warmly waiting.

>> No.4925973

Here we go again!

>> No.4926002

>>4925973
You tears make my dick hard.

>> No.4926005

I like how you guys still have the same line at the start translated four or five different ways even after people told you about it repeatedly. Keep up the good work!

>> No.4926009

>>4926002
You must be one of the editors for this abortion.

>> No.4926017

>>4926005

Sounds like /jp/ alright. They can spot the problem, but not fix it because why should they spend 5 seconds doing it when they can spend 5 seconds complaining instead.

>> No.4926022

Moving pretty fast, it seems like only yesterday that translation was stuck at like 16% for several weeks.

>> No.4926025

4chan will die before this shit is completed

>> No.4926028

>>4926017
And yet here you are, bitching about people finding problems for you instead of fixing it. Funny how that works.

>> No.4926041

>>4926017
That sounds like a great idea.
Can't read Japanese? No problem! You're qualified to pick out the right translation when given five different ones!

>> No.4926072

>>4926028

I happen to not have a clue which lines we are talking about since I haven't kept up with all these threads. Just you say which lines it was again and what they should say and I can go edit them tonight.

>> No.4926132 [DELETED] 

>とにかく――桜井先輩とは、もうただの先輩、後輩より遠い存在になっ
ちゃったんだ――きっと――。,

>10800,,,,,,,,,,,,,"Anyways――From now on Sakurai-senpai and I will be a further existance from one another than just a senpai and kouhai――I'm sure of it――

>11000,,,,,,,,,,,,," Now Sakura-senpai will be just another upperclassman, a distant existance from any students below her... I'm certain that's how it will be.",

>11000,,,,,,,,,,,,, Anyways――Sakurai-se
npai、is already just an upperclassmen、she's completely different from her juniors――definitely――。,

>10020,,,,,,,,,,,,," Anyways, Sakurai-senpai became a normal upperclassmen, far away from me now, I'm sure.",

Pick one, motherfucker.

>> No.4926141

>とにかく――桜井先輩とは、もうただの先輩、
>後輩より遠い存在になっちゃったんだ――きっと――。,

>"Anyways――From now on Sakurai-senpai and I will be a further existance from one another than just a senpai and kouhai――I'm sure of it――

>" Now Sakura-senpai will be just another upperclassman, a distant existance from any students below her... I'm certain that's how it will be.",

> Anyways――Sakurai-senpai、is already just an upperclassmen、she's completely different from her juniors――definitely――。,

>" Anyways, Sakurai-senpai became a normal upperclassmen, far away from me now, I'm sure.",

Pick one, motherfucker.

>> No.4926156

STILL ON 40 OH MAN

>> No.4926161

>>4926141
The best part is how some still have random Japanese punctuation.

>> No.4926194

>>4926141
The best part is none of them are right

>> No.4926219

>>4926194
That too, of course.

>> No.4926231

Quit bitching about the translation if you're not going to correct it.

>> No.4926233

Bawwwaaahhhhh Give me attention I am a troll and even though all I do is bitch I haven't done anything positive for this project yet.

>> No.4926249
File: 31 KB, 613x605, 1266967790748.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4926231

>> No.4926257

>>4926231
You know what QC is? Pointing out mistakes.

>> No.4926298

>Anyways――Sakurai-senpai and I'm no longer in just a senpai/kohai relationship anymore――I'm sure――

Tried to submit it but it gave me an error.

>> No.4926318

>>4926257
Fixing them too usually.

>> No.4926348

>>4926318
I wish that's how it worked. If you then fixed it instead of bitching about it, maybe that progress you're so proud of would actually happen. As it stands, you can't even make it 5 lines without finding endemic grammatical, stylistic, and translation problems. I've read through this a little bit and I want no part of it.

>> No.4926419

>We are over 40% but cannot say more because the progress counter got messed since the files were edited manually.

Oh, I'm sorry that I translated all of Anzu then. Would you have preferred it left undone the entire time while your project dies?

You can do hacking or whatever, figure out what the problem is. It doesn't seem like you do much else for the project, Cudder.

>> No.4926425
File: 26 KB, 101x82, yuriclose.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4925648

>> No.4926436

>>4926348
>I want no part of it.
Then quit fucking posting in the thread.

>> No.4926445 [DELETED] 

>>4926348
So why can't you just keep you mouth shut then?

>> No.4926467 [DELETED] 

>>4926445
Because it bothers you guys so much when I point out things reported as incorrect months ago. That makes it all worth it.

>> No.4926473
File: 24 KB, 339x352, hankgasm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This thread is pure schadenfreude.

>> No.4926588

>>4925749
We have backups (note plural).

>>4926298
ANZU is locked because its structure is *still* fucked up, this time around line 1387:

http://retransintl.freewebhostx.com/transproj.PHP?proj=hatsukoi&file=ANZU.txt&start=1300#138

>>4926419
If you're hpB.CQbo: You said you didn't have constant internet access and couldn't use RWI, so we made an exception and allowed you to edit ANZU manually. We're waiting for you to upload a structurally sound version so that others can continue working on it.

Also, I can run a full status refresh if absolutely needed, but since it uses a significant amount of server resources and the statistics will be meaningless anyway if a file is corrupt, I decided to defer it until all the structural issues with ANZU are rectified.

>> No.4926647

>>4926588
I didn't have internet access but I wanted to help.

>We're waiting for you to upload a structurally sound version so that others can continue working on it.

You never said anything about that, so guess what?
Fuck you.
I translated all of Yusumi, completed Anzu and I haven't heard you say one positive thing about it. Finish the project by yourself.

>> No.4926656

>>4926588
I think you might even be a more fucked up manager than lolita.

>> No.4926668

>a significant amount of server resources
... to parse some text. Wonderful system you've got there.

>> No.4926673

>>4926647
Sounds like you let all these assholes talk you into rage quiting. Just what they wanted. They want this project to fail and that is all.

>> No.4926679

>>4926647
Why aren't you posting with your tripcode?

Faker.

>> No.4926685

>>4926673
Oh man. That would be awesome.

Ahhhh imagining a world without this thread... Mmmmmmmmm

>> No.4926723

>>4926668
Shared server, probably a few years old and several hundred other users on it. Interpreted language. 34K+ records. You do the math.

>>4926679
I hope he feels full, because I'm not feeding any more trolls. 1.7/10.

>> No.4926781

>>4925728
sounds a lot better than no progress in months.

>>4926298
that makes six different wrong versions and still counting.

>> No.4926812

>>4926781
Anyway - Sakurai and seniors, but more senior, and got far away from becoming younger - probably.

>> No.4926828

>>4926812
nah, it's only funny when the one submitting it was actually trying.

>> No.4926863

>>4926723
lolwat

I forgot I didn't have my trip on because I post on other boards where I don't use it. Go fuck yourself, Cudder.

And by the way, it's not THE TROLLS that are forcing me to hate this project. I gave lolita a chance, then I gave Cudder a chance, and while they both seem to be fully willing to command other people to do everything for them, they don't seem to be capable of contributing even the slightest bit to a project, much less managing it.

>> No.4926884

>>4926863
Well he's coordinating the project it isn't so bad.

>> No.4926886
File: 50 KB, 413x413, baby-crying.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4926863
BAWWWWWWWWW

>> No.4926888

>>4926863
>don't seem to be capable of contributing even the slightest bit to a project
Hey, fuck you. Cudder made all this threads to tell us about lack of progress.

>> No.4926913

>>4926884
Are you talking about putting the files on the site? Yeah, that takes a huge amount of effort and she demands to be recognized as manager.

Were you here when everyone was talking about the text issue? It had been a problem and had been commented on several times since near the beginning of the project, yet neither Cudder nor lolita had made any move to fix it. We had to continuously remind them about it before they finally took action, and even then they still acted as if half width was fine. They even said something like "Oh I don't see what's wrong with half-width characters, it looks fine." even when people were stating that by no standard is half-width considered acceptable.

Both of them have set no standard of quality for the project, nor have they showed an iota of respect for people contributing.

There are people saying that all the hate messages on this thread are just trolls trying to stir up trouble, but I'm starting to think that's just Cudder or lolita. Any hateful messages here are well-deserved and long-coming if you look at how they've treated both this board, the project itself, and any people affiliated with it.

>> No.4926958

>>4926913
The text issue has been fixed and noone gives a shit about it now. Reading the threads, Cudder probably thinks your translation quality is fine, it's everyone else who's complaining.

And quit talking like you know everything just because you know two languages. I am a web developer and "putting the files on the site" is not as simple as you make it out to be (try learning PHP, writing the interface, and then keeping it working while everyone else uses it, it looks simple but that can be deceiving), similarly I have no idea how hard translation is so I'm not going to comment on what work is involved.

>> No.4926981

>>4926958
Stop hiding under anon, Cudder.

>> No.4926994

>>4926913
I'm not even part of the project and I aknowledge that translators>you. Her job should be to suck your dick so you translate faster.

>> No.4927016

>>4926958
Or you could stop reinventing SCM systems poorly and just use a good one (git, SVN, hg, or even a wiki...). Add to that a few automated tools for extraction/reinsertion of text and your problem is solved. I think you probably aliented potential translators by using your weird Retrans system.

>> No.4927041

notice how trolls start appearing when the translation slows or stops but disappear when theres actual progress?

>> No.4927085

>>4927041
>when theres actual progress?
Fat chance of that happening much anymore
though anymore, so get used to your trolls.

>> No.4927101

>>4926994
I don't think that way at all.

I just don't like her completely disregarding everyone else and only demanding results.

I think things should be done properly with more of a team mentality, and up until now all the projects I've worked on up until now have gone much more smoothly like that.

>>4926958
I apologize if I sounded like I was belittling any coding work. I think that people who do programming for those sort of things are amazing, but at the same time I think that Cudder should be more involved with the project and listen to what people in the thread have to say, not just declare herself the manager and demand people to do things without showing much effort after putting up the site (that's why I mentioned the text problem as an example).
I understand that making that sort of site is not a simple task, but the problem is with the attitude she takes just by doing that. She claims it's a /jp/ project, but in all honesty she seems to be just trying to get everyone from /jp/ to contribute to get RETrans more popularity. There are other ways to gather people, and constantly making threads on /jp/ is more likely to gather hate for the project, yet she fails to listen to what people have to say. It needs some level of organization.

Also, while I think it's amazing to make a translation tool, RETrans is very unintuitive and hard to use compared to other methods. I honestly found editing the original text and then checking for errors every 100 lines or so easier than using her interface. That should be a clue that it might need to be made a bit more user-friendly.

I agree with >>4927016

I apologize if I offend anyone, I just want to get my opinion out there, although I doubt Cudder will listen.

>> No.4927170

By the way, here's ANZU.csv with the Atsunori line reverted to Japanese.
I looked at the file and it doesn't look like anything is out of order (it works fine in the game too), but try putting this in and see if it at least fixes the line. If it does it's easy to just put in the line once more in English using the interface.

>> No.4927232

Er, forgot the link.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D9GU5TJ1

>> No.4927283

Disregard the previous link. This is the right one.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=45NYC9DU

Sorry for the multiple posts and mistakes. I need to get to sleep...(つω`)Good night.

>> No.4927315

Have a good night's sleep, Lennar.
It must be tiring to post all that. Not all anons have the courage to voice their complains that thoroughly. I now know what the problems are with the translation project.

>> No.4927323

I want this game translated but it seems impossible

>> No.4927328

>>4926994
All women's jobs should be to suck dick only. And cook. Where are our sandwiches, lolita?

>> No.4927334

is the translator interface back up so i can vandalize it?

>> No.4927347

>>4927016
If you read the previous threads you would've found that the structured nature of the data we're dealing with necessitates this system in order to preserve its integrity, which as you may have noticed from past events, can become violated quite easily.

>I think things should be done properly with more of a team mentality
Unfortunately, things are a little different around here. This is an anonymous contribution project, not a traditional translation group. Many of the decisions made thus far have been a result of this difference, and it is not at all surprising that you found them unappealing, my assumption being that noone has participated in a project like this; for example, responsibility and accountability take on subtly different meanings in this context. One of the main sources of your grievance is this difference, and striving to eliminate it, you should better understand the unique challenges and difficulties facing you as you work in this environment.

>I think that Cudder should be more involved with the project and listen to what people in the thread have to say
Define "more involved". I've read all of the posts, in all the threads of this project. (If you did for the last one, you would've noticed that I did ask you about the corruption in ANZU.txt starting at line 1387.)

>and demand people to do things without showing much effort
Consider that translation is going to be the most prominent effort shown in this project, and ask yourself why you seem to be evaluating me with the same scale when my nature of work is entirely different. I'm the one you'd complain to when the site is malfunctioning, and I'm sure you'd see my "show of effort" when I fixed it, but what I do is ensure that things are working well so it doesn't ever get to that point.

>> No.4927378

>>4927347
"More involved" as in doing something. At all. Anything really, we're not picky. All you do is "you guys broke it so I'm going to sit on my ass until someone fixes it. I told you guys not to do that thing that I allowed you to do anyway".

>> No.4927443

>>4927378
This.

>> No.4927464

>She claims it's a /jp/ project, but in all honesty she seems to be just trying to get everyone from /jp/ to contribute to get RETrans more popularity.
It started in /jp/ and that is where it will stay for the time being. REtrans International was founded in order to provide the "level of organization" needed to establish a platform framework on which the development of localization technologies suited to the challenges of an anonymous contribution project could be realized.
>There are other ways to gather people
Please give practical examples. We have considered recruiting from outside 4chan, but due to the content and source of the text to be translated, and that one of the primary founding statements was "for Anonymous, by Anonmous", we decided doing so may present an even greater risk.

>RETrans is very unintuitive and hard to use compared to other methods
(Have you tried the keyboard shortcuts?) We are aware that doing an entire file by yourself is likely to feel easier, but once again, that is something practiced by traditional translation groups and the "ownership" of the file entirely unsuited for fostering the multiuser dynamic paradigm of contribution we were envisioning. One of the biggest features to end-users is the ability to view translation progress in real-time; others can see exactly what you're translating at any time, and the function of that is to enable a decreased likelihood of collisions between translators and a sense of transparency that traditional translation groups have lacked.

>although I doubt Cudder will listen.
I do read every one of your posts.

>> No.4927465

>>4927347
>This is an anonymous contribution project
Let's be honest: these never work. You can get away with anonymous contribution for some things, but any actual project needs much more of a structure to actually get anywhere.

>> No.4927472

>>4927464
>dynamic paradigm
ENTERPRISE QUALITY TRANSLATION PROJECT

>> No.4927484

The real Cudder has long abandoned the project, the Cudder right now is just a very well-played troll who's looking to string along anyone for as long as possible.

>> No.4927500

>>4927347
A team mentality isn't just about responsibilities, it's about supporting each other and equality among the members. People work better together when they respect what everyone else is doing and they get along.

You are making it a point to let people know that you are the manager of this project, even when others say that there is no manager because it's a /jp/ project. There shouldn't be someone that is superior to the other members if this is truly a /jp/ effort, yet you seem to try to reinforce the fact that you are above everyone else whenever you post.

If you truly want this project to succeed or for people to respect you you should rethink your way of doing things. This isn't a company, you don't need to pretend you're some CEO or whatever.

>> No.4927507

>>4927283
Uploaded, looks fine now. When you get a chance to, check the rest of the file so we don't have to keep doing this again.

>>4927378
Read the last paragraph of the post you just quoted. I also stated in the last thread that if he wanted to edit the file manually it was his responsibility from that point onwards, so that's for him to fix. What I do handle, however are issues that come up during supported usage of the system and anything that I find may cause such issues in the future.

...and with that, I'm done for the day.

>> No.4927523

>>4927464
You do realize that a fast translator can just do not one, but a couple of files in a short amount of time? If there is no "ownership" things can get very inconsistent. Works can be inconsistent with just 2 translators splitting up a project, having more is even a bigger mess. After that you have to have another TL perform a translation check on the files, check them for consistency, and a similar thing needs to be done during the editing pass. If you're just hoping random anonymous contributors would do a line here and there, well, that's fine in theory, but a huge mess in practice, as you usually want the text to preserve its flow, to use established conventions, and so on. I am scared to think about projects which had the text translated by 3+ translators which split the text in 3 (continously), but I dare not think of projects which had 10 translators translate lines at random. Something like that doesn't work, and will only be marginally better than translator agreggator. A system like this makes it hard to maintain any level of acceptable quality. (Of course, I'm fine with 3 transltors if they manage to do it in a multi-pass way, in such a way that each translator handles the entire text, or at least a large part of it (TL->TLC->Edit)).

>> No.4927526

>>4927464
>(Have you tried the keyboard shortcuts?)
That's not the problem. It takes two clicks (or two keyboard shortcuts) to go through a single line when it could take one. It doesn't matter if people can see each line being translated one by one. It's not like anyone is watching, and it's a pain only being able to edit one line at a time.

>the function of that is to enable a decreased likelihood of collisions between translators and a sense of transparency that traditional translation groups have lacked.

This doesn't even make sense. Normally people pick a route or a script and they work on it. If others see that that script is being worked on they'll move over to another one that hasn't had relatively recent activity. It's not that difficult.

>> No.4927532

>>4927500
>This isn't a company, you don't need to pretend you're some CEO or whatever.
What? Isn't this being product by ENTERPRISE LTD?

>> No.4927559

Please note that I'm not speaking of Retrans here or the Hatsukoi project, I'm just speaking about the issue in general, and from general experiences that I've seen happen in both fansub groups and VN/eroge translation projects.

>>4927465
It could work, but you still need to establish a pseudo-identity for each translator, and partition things in such a way that things are kept in a consistent manner (let's say you have 4 translators, 1 takes half the files, the other takes the other half, while the next one does a translation check for the entire game, then someone edits the entire thing, and other editors/translators do QC passes which do minor fixes. Minor fixes can work for anonymous things, but the entire work needs to be handled first by some skilled translators/tlcs, otherwise you're going to end up with a big mess.

>> No.4927561

>>4927507
From what I've read it sounds like the script works in the game but it won't work with the interface activity statistics or whatever the hell it is. Wouldn't that mean it'd be something on your end that you'd need to look at to see if it could be fixed?

>> No.4927565

For whatever reason, I thought this model actually worked slightly better for ANONIX, since at least there you had one programmer handle an entire program. Quality of code would still be hard to maintain there, but here, quality of translation would likely be much harder to do, unless you know, you only have a handful of people and you organize them very well.

>> No.4928081

>>4927507
>Uploaded, looks fine now. When you get a chance to, check the rest of the file so we don't have to keep doing this again.
This is my biggest gripe with you, Cudder. I've yet to ever see you say 'Thank you.', 'Good job.', 'Please'. You seem to show no gratitude for people that spend many hours helping you make this successful. Someone says 'Hey, I translated some stuff.', and you just tell them to do more, no thank you, no NOTHING. For a project lead or whatever the fuck you are, you sure are shitty at boosting morale.

>> No.4928176

>>4928081
This is anonymous project and everyone can do whatever they want I don't owe them anything ヽ(´ー`)ノ - or something like this. Remember Cudder is russian, you shouldn't expect him/her be polite.

>> No.4928185

>>4928176
I understand this is an anonymous project, but holy fuck, people report in translating loads of shit, and Cudder just throws more shit at them. And Cudder wonders why people hate him...

>> No.4928252

I was of the opinion before that the project was ok and there didn't need to be any changes other than ignoring the trolls and that the issue of complaints were of minor importance. However after Lennar has now quit it's obvious that the problem lies with the 'management' team. So, good bye.

This was our project before and it will be our project again. Thank you for just about killing it twice.

>> No.4928306

New thread

>>4928273

>> No.4928418

>>4928176
i think cudder is a bro, he cracked huragashi when everybody didn't want too

>> No.4928729

>>4928418
Well Cudder, one good deed can't go on to count forever.

>> No.4929811 [DELETED] 

bump

>> No.4929852

>>4928252
>complaints were of minor importance
>the guy who made some horrible mistake on every line with more than 2 words

>> No.4930724

In my opinion it is the translators fault. So far I've only seen people abandon this project for the silliest reasons.

- The management tells me to translate more. The nerve! You can't tell me what to do, I'm doing this for free! I quit.

Naturally it is just the management being happy the project is moving and hoping that the kind translators can continue with the same speed since they are very happy with the results.

- I want better font. I'll translate if I get a nice font. It is IMPOSSIBLE to translate Japanese if the font isn't right. Did I mention I need a good font?

Might just be me, but translating the lines works very well without font since it is done in text files, not inside the game. I can see how it is nice seeing the text fits during tests though, which should have been the argument and not just FONT FONT FONT FONT.

- Where is my "thank you"? I didn't get a thank you! How can I work without a thank you? If I don't get thank you's, obviously you people don't like my translations, and I'll quit.

Because we sure wouldn't tell you we were unhappy with you if we didn't appreciate your work, right? You tell your mother you love her every night too, or aren't you worried she'll think you hate her?

Seriously. Cut the crap and act like adults. You CAN be appreciated without being told "Thank you". Management telling you to keep up the speed and we'll be done by date X also just means that it will be done at date X. It does not mean that any other speed will mean the translators will get a pay cut and their knee caps broken.

Because after all these complaints I've read, I can only see one improvement Cuddler could do. He could say "thank you to translator X and Y" at each new thread.

>> No.4930733

>>4930724
What's up, Cudder?

>> No.4931083

>>4930724
If you're not Cudder, you need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

>> No.4931101

>>4930724
Just add a inbetween redirect page saying thank you for each edit they make (think of world4ch successful post messages). Either the TLs will like it or they'll just get sick of it and never ask about it again!

>> No.4931732
File: 28 KB, 610x659, stats.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Alright, ANZU looks peachy and I know everything else is fine, so let's go ahead with the full refresh. Any bets on the numbers before I push the button?

>> No.4931807
File: 22 KB, 610x463, stats.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No?

We've passed the halfway point! We'll finish this!

>> No.4932133

>>4927523
>>4927559
You seem to be basing your judgement of this project on the methods of traditional translation groups, which are a sharp contrast to the ways in which this project is organized. Traditional measures of quality are not applicable here; the only judges are the end-players, and if they deem the quality to be unacceptable, it is in their hands to make the changes they want.

>>4927526
We are developing an AJAX-enabled version of RWI which should make it a little faster, but overall, one more keystroke is not going to cause a huge decrease in productivity since that time is minimal compared to the time spent inputting the actual text.

>>4927561
The engine may be able to parse it, but we need conformant CSV for the benefit of any future tools and operations.

>>4928081
Do you really want to be showered with praise every time? I honestly don't understand. I've already done a lot of the back-end work and I'm not expecting it either.

>>4928176
>>4928185
"Let's call into quetion the manager's nationality and use random insults because we can't think of any other logical reasons."

>>4930724
>Seriously. Cut the crap and act like adults. You CAN be appreciated without being told "Thank you". Management telling you to keep up the speed and we'll be done by date X also just means that it will be done at date X. It does not mean that any other speed will mean the translators will get a pay cut and their knee caps broken.
Looks like someone figured out what I was trying to say all along.

>> No.4932174

You just keep rationalizing shitting on the people who were trying to help while you sat there doing nothing.

>> No.4932188

>>4932133
>Looks like someone figured out what I was trying to say all along.
Oh, just give it up Cudder. Everyone knows better by now then to actually bothering to defend you.

>> No.4932245

/jp/ sure is tsundere.

>> No.4932271

This Cudder guy honestly sounds like an enormous faggot.

I will now do everything in my power to destroy what you have built, because holy fuck you're an obnoxious ungrateful piece of shitstain on humanity.

>> No.4932298

>>4932271
Don't bother it would be a waste of time.

>> No.4932576

>>4932133
>Looks like someone figured out what I was trying to say all along.

It may not get us a pay cut or whatever it is, but it will lose your translators fast, as you may have already seen.

Do you honestly not see that you're putting people off by your behavior?

>> No.4932636 [DELETED] 

bump

>> No.4932716

>>4932576
Could you explain more? I honestly don't know why everyone seems so offended --- and this is on 4chan, of all places. I started the project, set up everything, read every single post and answered questions, monitored progress and kept it going for the past few months. From what I've seen, it's everyone else that's complaining about the translators' quality (or lack thereof), not me --- I think they've been doing a great job at moving things along.

tl;dr: We don't hate the translators and we want them to translate. Is that too much to ask for?!?!

>> No.4932782 [DELETED] 

bump

>> No.4932805

>>4932716
How about for a start, when people do work, you should try saying "Thanks," or "Good work" not "this is why you should have listened to me," or "Maybe next time we won't have these issues because of you."

>> No.4932836

>>4932716
When Lennar finished translating Anzu rather than figure out YOURSELF how to upload the files onto YOUR website you bitched at him about how he fucked up your project by TRANSLATING THE ROUTE. You should never have done that, you should have said, thank you for those files, looks like they aren't compatible with my website, I'll fix that so they are.

But nope, you chose to bitch at him, thus losing the only translator you had left. Lennar isn't a computer genius, he's a translator for god's sake, expecting him to do your job as a computer programmer is shit.

>> No.4932946

>>4927523
>>4927523
>>4927523
>>4927523
>>4927523
>>4927523

There are two reasons to have scm. One is that you have a bunch of people working on the same thing. Another is that you want to track each and every change ever made.

You don't have a bunch of people working on a script translation (unless you want it to be total shit).

You don't fucking need to know when each and every line was translated, and even if you did, tlwiki serves that purpose just fine.

retrans should gdiaf, but hey, everyone knew that already

>> No.4932999

>>4932805
I'll thank you if you make the project finish successfully, no doubt about that.

>>4932836
Looks like everyone here doesn't read carefully and is jumping to the wrong conclusions. We trusted him with doing it correctly. We essentially gave him ownership and responsibility of ANZU. He could've easily avoided those errors by checking it over carefully. When he started, we even gave him the link to the specifications so he could verify the format was correct.

>> No.4933244

bump

>> No.4933592
File: 34 KB, 998x659, rwiajax.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I checked up on RWI-AJAX and it was actually very near completion before it got abandoned; I'm just looking through it for any major bugs and if not, we'll deploy it --- I'm sure the translators will like this a lot, you can submit up to 100 records at a time with this, AND it's realtime too. Development costs well spent.

>> No.4933776

>>4933592
I think it maybe too little, too late, Cudder. You should've done a better job rooting out the TLWIKI devs have infilitrated this project, who no doubt intentional sabotaged with poor translations, while at the same time playing both the ghost bumper and the incitiful troll to finally rally a coup. Oh well, better luck next time.

>> No.4933790

>>4933776
This is what you're down to? Paranoid ramblings that everybody who has done work is out to spite you to steal the project?

>> No.4933810

>>4932999
>I'll thank you if you make the project finish successfully, no doubt about that.
>I'll thank you after you spend a few days transkating my shit for free.
Yeah, no.

>> No.4933830

>>4933810
Grow up, kid.

>> No.4933834

>>4933830
Better suck his cock, fag. You need him, not the other way around.

>> No.4933839
File: 27 KB, 358x450, Moogy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4933776
He should've known better than to go against The TLWikier.

>> No.4933883

>>4933834
Grow up, kid.

>> No.4933899

>>4933883
cute, you saved your incredibly witty comeback for just when your thread could do with a bump
love ya ;)

>> No.4934133

>>4932999
I checked the errors and it worked fine with the game.

By the way, the one error that had messed up the site was a single comma which was easily found (exactly where the line breaks off).

Apparently going to that line and putting in one comma was just too much for you to handle.

>> No.4934192

>>4934133
I know that, and thanks for fixing it, but the fact that anyone could've done it does not absolve your responsibility.

In addition, the engine's CSV parser behaves unpredictably on encountering malformed input. It might look fine right there but crash in mysterious ways later, crash only 20% of the time (yes, this can happen depending on memory allocation conditions at the time it was run), return garbage for another 20%, but look OK for 60% of the time. Pragmatic approaches here are as risky as assuming IE handles CSS2 correctly just because it looks fine for a few test pages.

>> No.4934203

...and speaking of browsers, your participation and feedback in the use and development of the next-generation RWI-AJAX will be much appreciated. I assume you have Firefox or other relatively recent browser with Javascript capabilities?

>> No.4934205

>>4934203
We don't care about your new engine, we're all moving to a wiki.

>> No.4934219

>>4934205
Not me. Too much hassle, and I see no gain whatsoever.

>> No.4934230

>>4934219
enjoy being at the whims of your soviet dictator

>> No.4934291

>>4934205
see
>>4933825

enjoy your horrible formatting and unmaintainability

>> No.4934580
File: 45 KB, 1033x620, rwiajax.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's almost done.

>> No.4934717

Here, try out the new and improved RWI-AJAX.

http://retransintl.freewebhostx.com/transproj_ajax.PHP

Since we are still not 100% confident about its stability, submitting lines here won't make changes to anything, so feel free to play around and give feedback.

>> No.4934717,1 [INTERNAL] 

can someone upload hatsukoi game in mediafire links. THX ;)

>> No.4934717,2 [INTERNAL]  [DELETED] 

can someone upload hatsukoi game in mediafire links. THX ;)

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action