[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 28 KB, 483x464, nippa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
487996 No.487996 [Reply] [Original]

So I've been steadily increasing my powerlevels in these last few months and the time has come.

Touhou, wich one do I download?
I'm thinking on getting a joystick (for melty blood too).
Any recomendations with that?

>> No.488007

I'd recommend starting with Perfect Cherry Blossom, Imperishable Night gives you bad habits.

>> No.488001

Try Imperishable Night.

>> No.488004

Don't play Touhou with a joystick, tho.

>> No.488021

Perfect Cherry Blossom, and you can play it just fine with a keyboard. I 1cc'd Lunatic with my keyboard.

>> No.488020

>>488004

I play it with an N64 controller. Shit takes SKILLS.

>> No.488025

>>488004
yeah? thought all the cool guys were doing it

>> No.488032

>>487996
PCB

IN will have you thinking you can just run to the top, focus, and autocollect. PCB will break you of that real quick... Not sure about EoSD, I've yet to get it myself, but I hear it's either start with PCB or EoSD.

>> No.488039

>>488025
All the hardcore people play keyboard.

>> No.488043
File: 111 KB, 511x1024, 1208772593711.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

- Perfect Cherry Blossom (TH07)
- Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (TH06)
- Imperishable Night (TH08)
- Phantasmagoria of Flower View (TH09)
- Shoot the Bullet (TH09.5)
- Mountain of Faith (TH10)

Basically, start with PCB then go back to EoSD, then continue onwards with IN in chronological order.

Feel free to play IaMP whenever you want, though you'd want to at least finish EoSD and PCB before playing the fighter.

Most people who play IaMP NOT on a keyboard use a Saturn/Saitek pad, but I'm not sure how it would be with Melty Blood.

>> No.488252

13 motherfucking hours til PCB... any faster source?

>> No.488261

>>488252
Doujinstyle, nigger.

>> No.488303

www.doujinstyle.com or FUCKING RAPIDSEARCH JESUS CHRIST.

RAGE IN EVERY FIELD

>> No.488316

>>488303
>RAGE IN EVERY FIELD
Don't turn this place into /v/.
He said he was new to Touhou, and remember this is /jp/ not /touhou/, if you'll check your browser window.

>> No.488324

>>488316
being new to something doesn't excuse you from using rapidsearch to find it.

>> No.488355

>>488324
That much is true.

>> No.488565

>>488252

7/10

>> No.488724

Are there real arguments supporting the use of keyboard? I always used some crappy joypads (about one every year, as they broke down).

>> No.488761

>>488724
Yes and no. There have been people on both sides who say that their preferred pad gives better twitch play, higher precision, more general comfort and control over the character. Ultimately it comes down to what you've had the most practice playing with - some people already had joypads when they started, and have been playing games like this for years. I, personally, have been playing these games since I was a kid, but the majority of it was on emulators since our old systems got taken away for various reasons, and without a joypad I got pretty damn good at using a keyboard.

So! That's about all. The better peripheral is the one that you started with and have more practice using.

>> No.488762

>>488724
Dont have money to buy joypad

>> No.488766

>>488724
Pro - Keyboard
Intermediate - Pad
Easy - Stick

>> No.488790

>>488762
You don't have $10.69US to get a Logitech pad?

>> No.488873

>>488766

Wouldnt it be easier with a pad than a stick?

>> No.488898

>>488873
Pad gives you finer control, but it's a lot harder to suddenly change direction when you realise you fucked up, unlike a stick where you can just wrench it over. IME of course.
/switches between the two

>> No.488907

NIIIIIIIII PA

>> No.488916

>>488907
Watched that last night.

>> No.489003

couple questions to the touhou elite from a sort of newfag.

first are TH06-08 the only ones with english patchs? i pretty much play these games because i like the music and the story/character interaction but i cant read moon so... only really care to play the translated games

second why do people say IN is easy or gives you bad habits or whatever.. ive played the first 3 games quite a bit and find PCB by far the easiest because of the cherry affect.. also because for some reason my game seems to slow down when lots of shits on screen making it easy to dodge.

and last just wanted to ask around how good most anons are. after playing a lot i can at least beat IN with all characters on normal to get good ends. EoSD i cant even get close to beating(no continues) on normal for some reason, its much harder then the others... PCB i cleared with each character on normal first run through. how many people can like actually beat lunatic/extra modes? i ask because it seems like an impossible feat at this point and im happy enough with beating normal for the story, but if most people actually can clear lunatic then maybe i should keep at it

>> No.489032

>>489003

>>489003

1. I hope you're not serious about playing Touhou for the story.
2. Enormous border time. You get 0.01 seconds after you get hit to bomb and save yourself in PCB and EoSD, while you get 34.86 in IN. First 3 games? PCB easiest? OK, now I'm pretty much convinced you're a troll.
3. I'll answer your last question sincerely on the off chance you're serious: Hard, Lunatic, and Extra are more memorization than anything.

>> No.489063

>>488873
on Lunatic its easiest to complete it in the following order (from easiest to hardest)

keyboard
joypad
arcade stick

this is due to the differences in precision you can get.

I like playing on the acrade stick setup but I can't finish lunatic EoSD on it (can do it with the joypad and the keyboard though).

>> No.489071

Difficulty of the PC games (easiest to hardest)
IN, PoFV, StB, MoF, PCB, EoSD

>> No.489087

>>489071

PoFV, MoF, IN, EoSD, PCB, StB

Have you never played StB?

>> No.489095

>Difficulty of the PC games (easiest to hardest)
>IN, PoFV, StB, MoF, PCB, EoSD

Differs from which difficulty you select.
EoSD Lunatic has some nearly impossible spellcards.

For me: (easiest to hardest)
Easy: EoSD, IN, MoF, PCB
Normal: MoF, PCB, EoSD, IN
can't compare them on hard and lunatic yet.

again for me:
Extra: PCB, IN, MoF, EoSD

PoFV's difficulty can vary very much. That's the reason I could beat it on Lunatic (with some luck, I guess)

>> No.489099
File: 65 KB, 344x384, 1208788350899.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>2. Enormous border time. You get 0.01 seconds after you get hit to bomb and save yourself in PCB and EoSD, while you get 34.86 in IN. First 3 games? PCB easiest? OK, now I'm pretty much convinced you're a troll.

Also in IN, either everyone has 1x1 pixel of hitboxes, or all of its enemy bullet's hitboxes are ridiculously small. Best felt when you immediately play MoF after playing IN.

>> No.489108

>>489095
>It's not difficult unless you consider taking over 1000 shots of one scene to complete it being hard

+ EoSD Easy is the easiest because it has only 5 stages.

>> No.489153

>>489032
thanks for the response, not a troll, i read the dojins/listened to the music long before finaly trying the game. I like the characters/setting/back story/music far more then i like the shootan game... and if lunatic mode is just memorizing spell cards, screw it.

maybe PCB just seemed like the easiest to me because i only played on normal, and the slowdown thing my game has... but the cherry system is like a free bomb every couple spell cards too. Also my reaction time is not very good so I miss saving myself in IN 90% of the time, I only save myself if i knew i was gonna get hit regardless of how much time they give me. Either way EoSD seems on a different level then the other two for me, cant come close to a good end. and ive played it more then the others ;_;

>> No.489199

>>489153
You're not playing on SLOW MODE? (options ingame)

>if lunatic mode is just memorizing spell cards, screw it.
it is not. It's denser barrages, or faster or whatever. It's just easier if you memorize the order of the spellcards. E.g. It's bad if you capture a spellcard and go for the POC (point of collection) to get the score items just to be surprised by the next barrage. And some spellcards, like one of Mokou's (where phoenix fly at you) it is necessary to be at a certain place, otherwise, the screen will be filled with bullets while the next phoenix flies to you.

>I miss saving myself in IN 90% of the time
Same for everyone who started playing Touhou. After some time the reaction get's better.

>ither way EoSD seems on a different level then the other two for me, cant come close to a good end.

If you have problems, set the number of lifes to the maximum in the options if you haven't done so yet. You can try and try and you'll need less and less lifes each time. (don't forget to take a break after some time or you just get worse)

>> No.489241

>>489199
yeah i guess slow mode was on, ill turn that off and see if i still think PCB is easy. my problem with EoSD is the trash(whatever you want to call it) before the bosses. particularly stage 4 and 5, i think i can beat remilia on normal with no deaths but have already used a continue by then to beat like sakuya. either way once i can beat every character on normal i think ill be done with the games

>> No.489243

>>489199
oh and its not like im that new been playing a bit.. my reaction time in general is just bad

>> No.489253

>>489199
>don't forget to take a break after some time or you just get worse
This true? Could be why I don't seem to see improvement after grinding away at practice mode for long periods of time...

>> No.489254

>I'm thinking on getting a joystick

I hope you're talking about an arcade stick and not one of those used by people who play flight simulators. Otherwise, any form of digital input device is fine and comes down to preference.

>> No.489276

>>489241
Stage4 The library:
The cross-like enemies that shoot a 3-way shot aiming at you:
You stay at the bottom of the screen when they appear and wait till the shots get near you. Then, you just move slightly into one direction (to be betwenn the middle and an outer shot) and do so until the barrage is past you.

This, and the other moment where they come repeatedly from the top right/top left, left/right just requires memorization

Stage5:
Same here, as long as you stay at the bottom and don't move, all shots from the fairies will move in lines. When they are about to hit you, you move slightly to one side and you're save.

The same in stage 6 when the fairies fire the circles.

>>489253
For me it is true. If you do the same thing for quite some time you won't improve. The longer it goes the more mistakes you make etc.

>> No.489285

>either way once i can beat every character on normal i think ill be done with the games

Mh? When you beat Normal, Extra (unlocked through clearing the game on Normal) is the aim.
Extra's difficulty in the games is ~between Normal and Hard. Only that there is less "trash" as you call it and more spellcards/time.

>> No.489301

>>487996

>download

Your powerlevel sucks.

>> No.489321

>>489241
You're not done with these till you can consistently 1cc them on lunatic on each character.

>> No.489340

The thing I don't like about EoSD is when you're in stage 6 and fighting Sakuya, what totally awesome spellcard does she throw at you?

Hurr hurr Eternal Meek.

>> No.489358

>>489321
but im not asian

>> No.489374

>>489321
The games are about 1ccing Normal. ZUN agreed.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action