[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 602 KB, 1280x960, full_metal_daemon_muramasa1-1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4680984 No.4680984 [Reply] [Original]

IMO, one of the worst main protagonists in VN history. Unlikable, unheroic, boring as sin and incredibly forced drama. They tried for Hei and failed spectacularly. So far there hasn't been a single antagonist I haven't liked more than Minato. I find myself waiting for Yuuhi to come back from the dead to start the real story, because no mater how it tries, the game has yet to make me care even once about Minato or become even a little emotionally involved in his McGuffin quest.

>> No.4681009

I, on the other hand, found it incredibly satisfying when Yuuhi had his head chopped off.

>> No.4681083

>>4681009
Except that Yuuhi actually develops an emotional connection with the player. Minato is just a colored block of asspulls we're supposed to be into because of "darkness". The player does not develop any emotional connection with Minato, because we don't know anything about him except that he's boring and arbitrarily the main protagonist. At least the villains he beats down are fun.

And oh yes, my hate isn't reserved -- I can't stand most of the main female characters either. Cardboard cutouts and painfully forced "comedy".

>> No.4681199

Kageaki is easily one of my favorite protagonist ever
I thought that he was kinda boring at the beginning but he really develops into something amazing.
He isn't supposed to be instantly "likable" but you can definitely relate to him and his "quest".
And people really connected with this considering how well liked Muramasa ended up being.

Well you don't like it, your loss.

>> No.4681359

>>4681199
So far, I'm not seeing why this is so "awesome". There's been some cool fight scenes, but the game steadily reverting to Nitro+....gratuitous humiliation-rape, silly plot elements, and a general concern of substance over style. Only someone with a very low standard for entertainment could come away with what I've seen so far as being satisfied. At the very beginning I liked how the story was going this epic revolutionary / civil war setting, but it jumped the shark at Yuuhi's death and so far wasn't able to recover. A promising epic turned into an emotionally empty McGuffin quest with "comedy" and bizarre H scenes.

>> No.4681375

This is your third thread about Muramasa. Consider making a blog instead.

>> No.4681382

>>4681359
You must be only on the second chapter or something.
Protip: There is a reason why they introduced all the different sides so throughly.

Also if you want a Yuuhi like protag, there are countless eroge like this out there.

>> No.4681453

>>4681083
The only emotional connection I had with Yuuhi was one of contempt. I did feel bad for Konatsu though.

>> No.4681465

Well, my bad for thinking Nitro+ could grow out of making shit, but still I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet I'll see if the McGuffin search yields anything worthwhile.

>> No.4681481

>>4681375
^ This. We don't need constant threads of your thoughts on it. No one cares.

>> No.4681552

>>4681481
Then kindly stop saging them; all you're doing is promoting shit content on jp and reducing the visibility of a game that OTHER people with lower standards than mine may enjoy.

Touhou doesn't need your help to stay on the front page.

>> No.4681710

>>4681552
Yeah, I'm sure all the Muramasa fans are just loving these threads. You're doing them a great favor.

I didn't particularly care for Muramasa but I don't feel the need to blog about it.

>> No.4682101
File: 1.22 MB, 1050x1400, 9359254.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Unlikable
Opinion. I like him.

>unheroic
That's the point of the whole damn VN.

> boring as sin
Have you ever seen a VN protagonist similar to Kageaki? Do tell me.

>incredibly forced drama
That I can agree with. Still, it's a major plot point, and it would be a completely different VN without Muramasa's curse.

>The player does not develop any emotional connection with Minato, because we don't know anything about him except that he's boring and arbitrarily the main protagonist.
Ah, I see. Well, if you don't want to read more, don't complain about Kageaki not being developed enough. It's a long VN, and he has a lot of time to develop.
Don't critique anything without a proper research of the object.

>> No.4682113
File: 24 KB, 300x400, 1221084377823.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4682101
Fascinating.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action