[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 292 KB, 1024x768, ragnarok_068_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4672720 No.4672720 [Reply] [Original]

I thought about it, and apparently my love to 2D has started a few years back when I first tried Ragnarok Online. I'd try to hit on many of the girl players ingame because their sprites were so delicious, but in vain. That's because behind those beautiful 2D girls there are pig disgusting 3D girls or even guys. It pains me greatly that they will never reciprocate my feelings.

>> No.4672741

>or even guys
So... You actually believed there were girls playing too?

>> No.4672744

>>4672741
RO does have a considerably large female playerbase compared to other MMORPGs. But yeah.

>> No.4672747
File: 13 KB, 320x240, 1266195709465.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4672744
Oh, ok... Heh.

>> No.4672752

>>4672747
There are in fact lots of women who play RO.

The problem arises when you realize 100% of them are either hambeasts, retard gaiafags, or yaoi fans. And combinations of the three.

>> No.4672755

ragnarok is not /jp/ related. reported.

>> No.4672757
File: 49 KB, 500x500, 1268074668346.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4672752
OP here, he's right.

>> No.4672760

Your post reminds me of the girl swordsman account I had on RO, OP. The guys would hit on her all day.

>> No.4672763

>>4672755
You're mad.

>> No.4672776

>>4672752
Not all of them.

>> No.4672784

ITT people who think the player is a girl just because the sprite is

>> No.4672795
File: 21 KB, 624x297, deep in thought.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4672784
ITT People think there are no female weeaboos.

I used to think this and it was very painful finding out it wasn't true.

>> No.4672834

>>4672720

Where did you play ? I played on euRO for a very long time in one of the strongest guilds of the server and we had 10 girls or so one of them being me

>> No.4672848 [DELETED] 
File: 59 KB, 194x186, 1268569212598.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4672834
MobRO, EtherealRO, AvalonRO...

>> No.4672852

>>4672834
Last server I played was EtherealRO.

>> No.4672855

>>4672795
>I used to think this and hurpd durp it was very painful finding out it wasn't true.
Tell me how did you find out. Also, if it involves knowing one in real life get out of /jp/

>> No.4672859

>Rubbing it to dancer sprite

>> No.4672861

alright, enough happy end stories, time for some serious internet DRAMA, bitches.

roughly 3 years ago, while in the youths of my college years, a classmate of mine introduced me to a foreign mmorpg.
thereafter, i met a very cheerful/respectful girl after finding the english community for the game.
back then, i was pretty much a spineless, introverted, socially-withdrawn, full-blown wapanese otaku (games, anime, j-pop.. etc.) i couldnt stare at any girl in my class for more than 2 seconds in the eye. i couldnt even bring myself to say the word 'shit' or 'fuck' irl.
i instantly fell in love with this capable, independant, nice, intelligent, and game-loving girl. we spent much time chatting in her mirc chatroom with a bunch of other english players of the same community. after about a year of gaming with her (and other friends i made while playing that foreign mmorpg) our interest for each other grew rather steadily. though i never asked her for a real life picture of her, because i wanted to believe that i loved her personality from my heart, and not for her looks.

>> No.4672865

it was some time shortly afterwards that i finally brought enough courage to say the words "I love you." over msn.
i should of known something was wrong when she casually replied, "you know, a lot of people said that to me before. but they've never meant anything to me... but you... I love you too."
i should of known something was wrong, cause i got a weird feeling at the time when she said that. but nooooooooo, being the naive virgin dumbass i was, I thought i was the happiest man alive, being loved in return from a girl i respected and desired.
and then i felt like i just got married or some glorious shit for like a week or 2. then weird things started happening.
i would message/pm her at times, and she wouldnt respond. or not talking to me as much, giving excuses like "oh, i'm busy griding in so-and-so game, or i've got tons of homework." almost like she was avoiding me, the weirdest part is that, she never said anything that remotely suggested that she was actually in love with me. no fake hugs, no fake kisses, nothing.
all i'm left with was the feeling of pure, cold, emptiness.
i told myself, "dont worry, just give her some personal breathing space, she's probably really into her game grinding right now, or busy with school work, or both. just give her some time, she's a good girl."

>> No.4672867

>>4672861
I'm not reading this, sorry. If you at least used proper capitalization and punctuation.

>> No.4672868

this continued.. for days.. weeks.. months.
fuck, i even memorized the maintenance days for when the game server she was playing on was going on, so i know she was avaliable to chat with for those measlely 1.5 hours.
i was a desperate and blinded kid, with no experience, and my mind was literally deteriorating while i waited.. waited.. waited for that single moment when she would talk back to me.

at some point. i finally snapped. I was getting delirious. "She's a smart and talented girl, why the hell would she love a loser like you?" "she's going out with other guys, you know it, you just dont want to believe it." "She only enjoys you for your quirky personality, she wants to keep you as a clown, entertaining her forever. she never actually loved you." I finally left her, leaving her a rather bitter message about her heartlessness. she, of course, being the sensitive loving being she made herself out to be, banning me from her contact in all shapes and form.
i was free again.

..until half a year later. i grew some confidence. and decided that what i did wasnt a very polite way to end a relationship. as a friend, or lover or otherwise. and re-entered her chatroom and try to just assume a normal friendship again, since obviously being her lover didnt work out so well.
we made amends, and became casual friends again. and things were lively again. this continued for another half a year.
until finally, a particular night came.

>> No.4672874 [DELETED] 

it turns out, that he was feeling sorry for some desperate loser like me, and pretended to be a girl that liked me to get my hopes up or some idealistic shit like that. but he didnt actually think i was seriously falling in love with her, enough to fall into depressions because of 'her'.
in retrospect, i was very glad that he finally told me the truth.
i imagined he trusted me enough that i didnt go ballistic over the matter when we finally met and beat the shit out of him or something.

but when i first met him and found out, i talked to him like it didnt bother me and that i kinda knew that it wasnt real to begin with. but in my head the entire time, my brains felt like they were frying and melting, thinking: "THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE RIGHT, ONE OF THOSE JOKES WHERE THE REAL GIRL HIDES SOMEWHERE AND ASKES HER MALE FRIEND TO PULL A PRANK ON ME, RIGHT!?!?"
"THIS IS NOT HAPPENING, GODDAMN SHIT FUCK, WHAT THE FUCK, IS THIS SOME SHITTY DREAM!?!?"
i felt like puking as i left the meet afterwards.
i kept handing out money on hobos i met on the way back home too, to try to get my mind off of the whole ordeal. I dropped all my coin change in one bum's cup, it was so heavy that he nearly dropped his cup.
i gave another trash digger a 5 dollar bill. and he was like "HOLY SHIT!"
went to sleep that night in fetal position hoping i'd wake up to the real world.

all in all, i think i came out of that experience with a lot more than had i not.
I'm a lot more mature, open minded, and confident now.
and i hope my (tragic) story gave some of you some insights or laughs. i know i certainly look back at it and laugh at the desperate mistakes of my own youth.

>> No.4672876

And then she asked you to rub her penis

>> No.4672877
File: 413 KB, 1600x1200, yuyuko bawww.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4672855
I had to sit next to one in class. Loud as a fucking foghorn, only with halitosis and 300 lbs of fat in addition to that.

She would not fucking shut up about anime. Think of your worst /a/ stereotype, that was her.

I had to sit right next to her several times a week for several months and I was the only person in the class she tried to talk to, even though I pretended to ignore her like everyone else.

>> No.4672881

>>4672852
That sounds like a private server ? I don't know much about private server playerbases.

All I can tell you is that despite many crossdressers (as we called them) there were quite a few female players in euRO, some very skilled as well.

>> No.4672888 [DELETED] 

it turns out, that he was feeling sorry for some desperate loser like me, and pretended to be a girl that liked me to get my hopes up or some idealistic shit like that. but he didnt actually think i was seriously falling in love with her, enough to fall into depressions because of 'her'.
in retrospect, i was very glad that he finally told me the truth.
i imagined he trusted me enough that i didnt go ballistic over the matter when we finally met and beat the shit out of him or something.

but when i first met him and found out, i talked to him like it didnt bother me and that i kinda knew that it wasnt real to begin with. but in my head the entire time, my brains felt like they were frying and melting, thinking: "THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE RIGHT, ONE OF THOSE JOKES WHERE THE REAL GIRL HIDES SOMEWHERE AND ASKES HER MALE FRIEND TO PULL A PRANK ON ME, RIGHT!?!?"
"THIS IS NOT HAPPENING, GODDAMN SHIT FUCK, WHAT THE FUCK, IS THIS SOME SHITTY DREAM!?!?"
i felt like puking as i left the meet afterwards.
i kept handing out money on hobos i met on the way back home too, to try to get my mind off of the whole ordeal. I dropped all my coin change in one bum's cup, it was so heavy that he nearly dropped his cup.
i gave another trash digger a 5 dollar bill. and he was like "HOLY SHIT!"
went to sleep that night in fetal position hoping i'd wake up to the real world.

all in all, i think i came out of that experience with a lot more than had i not.
I'm a lot more mature, open minded, and confident now.
and i hope my (tragic) story gave some of you some insights or laughs. i know i certainly look back at it and laugh at the desperate mistakes of my own youth.

>> No.4672896

>>4672861
>>4672865
>>4672868
>>4672888
Long copypasta is long.

>>4672881
Yes, I only play on private servers. iRO was my first time though, in trial.

>> No.4672905

>>4672896
The board keeps filtering the pivotal line. Go read http://4-ch.net/love/kareha.pl/1131507617/100..

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action