[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 79 KB, 606x661, sengokurance01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4670246 No.4670246 [Reply] [Original]

bonjour, /jp/
I'd like to ask something which is probably relevant to a loot of this boards visitors interests:
What translated games like Sengoku Rance are there?
The gameplay with nice CG is just great, it's for the PC and light on the performance requirements.
Any RPGs with similarily enjoyable gameplay mechanics and good CG out there? Doesn't have to be ero but /jp/-related only, please.

In return I'll lurk Sankaku Channel.

>> No.4670251

You could play Underwater Ray Romano

>> No.4670306
File: 243 KB, 650x512, sengokurance02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Though google goes a long way,
>>4670251
means "Utawarerumono".
Although the gameplay looks a little arcade and monotone, I'll check it out. Thanks!

>> No.4670314

You mean country conquering like gameplay? I have no idea.
If you mean RPG style gameplay, there's Bravesoul, Utawarerumono, Tears to Tiara, Castle Fantasia 2 and Men at Work 2 to start with, they are all pretty fun.

>> No.4670319

>>4670314
these

>> No.4670326

There's daiakuji and big bang age by the same developers. Also there is another Rance game like Sengoku. None of them are translated though.

>> No.4670331

>>4670306
I wouldn't describe it as "arcade" but yeah the gameplay isn't very good. You play it more for the story.

>> No.4670362

>Castle Fantasia 2
It's a good game. I really loved it back then, but be sure to have enough willpower to endure endless crashes and even more crashes.
> Men at Work 2
that was one of the most boring and generic games ever. Stay away from it. Far far away.

The thing that I, and many others, are waiting for is the Eien no Aselia to be finished. Only 2% to go.
Just has no sex in it.

>> No.4670376

The protagonist in CF2 was the best part of the game IMO, awesome character much like taikoubou from hoshin engi.

>> No.4670417

>>4670306
>>4670331

Yeah, the gameplay is merely passable. Not bad, mind you, but in the long term, you probably won't remember Utawarerumono for that.

You play Utawarerumono for the characters and fun atmosphere. (I want to say "plot", but the central plot itself isn't really what makes Utawarerumono fun; its more the little mini-arcs within and following Hakuoro's life and duties as the emperor)

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action